Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bass Guitar (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Beginner songs (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234756)

punk_rocker_taz 12-30-2005 12:48 AM

Hmm the first songs i learnt on bass a few years ago were
-Are you gonna be my girl by Jet
-7 nation army by The White Stripes (im well awake thats actually meant for guitar)
-Wild Thing by The Troggs - piss easy had to learn it for school
-Longview (intro) by Green Day - not that hard and sounds awesome

darkshines 12-30-2005 03:49 PM

I've pretty much mastered Citizen Erased now! Woo! The first riff is quite quick so it sounds a bit rough around the edges but the mellow bits sound good :D

Specialsauce 12-30-2005 11:11 PM

for beginer songs, i would reccomend stir it up by bob marley, money by pink floyd, and seven nation army by the white stripes. All aaare easy, but help you learn, and give you the feeling that your really good at the instrument :P

Hester 01-01-2006 12:44 PM

white stripes - seven nation army - very very very easy

Specialsauce 01-01-2006 12:49 PM

so is stir it up. and its fun to play. I could play that almost immediateley after starting to play bass

Silent_loudspeaker 01-01-2006 07:52 PM

No darkshines, i couldnt tell that you were into muse. your avatar doesnt give anything away.*sarcasm*

ToxicDrummer 01-02-2006 09:51 PM

[QUOTE=mikethecoug]i suppose they are hard if you are really really beginner, but to me, and i stil class myself as a beginner, are all terribly easy.

feel good inc by gorillaz is fun to play and is so easy too.

g
d
a
d-0--0-2-3-0-8-7---5--5-8-7-5-3-0[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Magenta"]Dude, that's not even close to Feel Good Inc. My cousin taught me it(my first bass song:) ) and it's nothing like that. I just played it, and I just don't get how that's Feel Good Inc.[/COLOR]

Ting 01-02-2006 10:05 PM

[QUOTE=ToxicDrummer][COLOR="Magenta"]Dude, that's not even close to Feel Good Inc. My cousin taught me it(my first bass song:) ) and it's nothing like that. I just played it, and I just don't get how that's Feel Good Inc.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
actually that is rite, it was in Guitar Worlds Bass Guitar, but its half step down

CaesarSalad 01-04-2006 06:54 PM

I just started bass and I found Jesus of Suburbia by Green Day to be very easy.

Liebensaft 01-04-2006 07:12 PM

[QUOTE=CaesarSalad]I just started bass and I found Jesus of Suburbia by Green Day to be very easy.[/QUOTE]
That's because any Green Day bass line is easy. It's mostly root notes.

Oz Rembrandt 01-07-2006 06:40 AM

[QUOTE=Crack-Rock-Steady]That's because any Green Day bass line is easy. It's mostly root notes.[/QUOTE]

Longview, Stuart and the Ave., Green Day, Stuck With Me, Warning, 2000 Light Years Away.

Just naming a few that prove you completley wrong.

selks 01-08-2006 08:53 PM

I've just started learning the bass guitar and I absolutely love it. Got "Enter Sandman" down pact and now on "Bombtrack" by RATM!

Ultimate goal = "Higher Ground" by RHCP/Stevie Wonder.

Oz Rembrandt 01-09-2006 02:35 PM

[QUOTE=selks]I've just started learning the bass guitar and I absolutely love it. Got "Enter Sandman" down pact and now on "Bombtrack" by RATM!

Ultimate goal = "Higher Ground" by RHCP/Stevie Wonder.[/QUOTE]

Haha, if your a fan of Slap Tracks, Rage, RHCP are the way to go. I also advise Primus, but its seriously hard stuff.

w.lancer 01-09-2006 09:18 PM

Ytse Jam-Dream Theater.
haha ok that was a joke.

almost any song on the top40 is easy onbass.

steve2112 01-13-2006 11:22 PM

tab

Iam very very new to the tab thing,can someone help me understand where to download tab for some music I would like to play for my drumkit, I would really appreciate it, Thanks, steve

andy-o24 01-14-2006 09:55 AM

[QUOTE=Hester]white stripes - seven nation army - very very very easy[/QUOTE]
that's actually played on the electric guitar but it should be on bass but The White Stripes only have 2 people in the band so drums and an electric but yes the bass part is probably the easiest thing on Earth.:thumb:

king of suede 01-14-2006 01:10 PM

coq roq - bob your head - easy - easy to play, plus, how can you notlike a song about chicken fries?

??? - super mario bros. underground theme - moderate(for beginner) - its hard to find a good tab for this song, but once you find the one with the octive jumps, then you've found the right one, this is also pretty fast for a beginner so, it'll work on string speed

??? - "worms" world party theme song - moderate - this is played pretty much all on one string, also it's a very spaced out, fast song, so it'll teach you to use your pinky which you should get used to using

metallica - moterbreath - adavanced (advanced beginner, i sightread it) - this is a very fast song,but pretty much most of the song uses only two strings, easy fretting, but will improve you're picking speed

can't find these tabs? i m me anytime and i'll get tab em out

Elemetal 01-14-2006 07:32 PM

[QUOTE=skatrpunk][QUOTE=republican_bass]White Stripes- Seven Nation Army- Easy
seven nation army is played palm muted on an electric guitar.they dont have a bass player.[/QUOTE]

As Jaco Pastorius said as a bass player to get better is to also learn the melody or guitar part. So it really doesnt matter what instrument it is on the cd. If you hear it play it. play the guitar to it play the bass to it make your own bass to it. Thats the way to get better. Create your own listen use your ear and dont limit yourself to just bass stuff on the bass guitar.

king of suede 01-15-2006 10:17 AM

[QUOTE=Elemetal][QUOTE=skatrpunk]

As Jaco Pastorius said as a bass player to get better is to also learn the melody or guitar part. So it really doesnt matter what instrument it is on the cd. If you hear it play it. play the guitar to it play the bass to it make your own bass to it. Thats the way to get better. Create your own listen use your ear and dont limit yourself to just bass stuff on the bass guitar.[/QUOTE]

ditto man, i never thought of that, but that is an awsome idea

Frantic_Master 01-20-2006 02:18 AM

If metal is your style, and you really suck like me try Iced Earth. I got their whole Dark Saga album in tabs, and it's fairly easy. Down tuned a half step, but easy I think. Schaffer isn't known for his bass lines, but they work.

I can't do much Maiden, Harris is a beast.

Yield 01-21-2006 06:17 PM

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

this has a couple of slides and thats the hardest part. its a really easy song

Trevo 01-22-2006 08:48 PM

Ballad of JOhn and YOko-Beatles
has a good annd easy riff

darkshines 01-27-2006 03:37 PM

[QUOTE=Silent_loudspeaker]No darkshines, i couldnt tell that you were into muse. your avatar doesnt give anything away.*sarcasm*[/QUOTE]
:rolleyes: Yaaaaar.

I be a my00ze n00b yaaar.

4-strings 01-28-2006 03:16 AM

white stripes-seven nation army
nirvana-come as you are

i just started so thats the only **** i can play...well yeah...just pne question...does anyone know where the best place is to get system of a down bass tabs?

Oz Rembrandt 01-28-2006 06:10 AM

[url]www.bassmasta.net[/url]

Yo. 01-28-2006 07:34 PM

All Nirvana songs.

bass_apprentice 01-28-2006 07:57 PM

Hey . Sorry to change the topic in the thread but the thing is im new so i cant make a new thread. Well im getting a bass for my birthday (comin up) and my limit is about 200 bucks. So im thinking this one, tell me if its a good beginner one if you can. Thanks!:

[url]http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Bass/Electric?sku=515227[/url]

bass_apprentice 01-28-2006 10:11 PM

[QUOTE=bass_apprentice]Hey . Sorry to change the topic in the thread but the thing is im new so i cant make a new thread. Well im getting a bass for my birthday (comin up) and my limit is about 200 bucks. So im thinking this one, tell me if its a good beginner one if you can. Thanks!:

[url]http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Bass/Electric?sku=515227[/url][/QUOTE]

Anyone? please!?:(

Oz Rembrandt 01-29-2006 09:15 AM

[QUOTE=bass_apprentice]Anyone? please!?:([/QUOTE]

Asthetically, yeah, I guess it looks cool. A bit too "Grr, I'm uber goth" for my tastes.

Playing style? Its a Squire, so its like playing an mdf table. Hate Squires.

MrJack 01-29-2006 09:38 PM

For $200, you should get the GSR200.

SuM MeXiCaN 01-31-2006 01:55 AM

E|0---023----87~~--5---587--30--

yaeh i know its crappy lol.

Gorillaz - feel good inc. is prety fun to play. at a few slap (make it custom or sumthin) and it gets pretty fun to play :)

Jesterlord 02-09-2006 01:56 AM

can anyone give me some good bach cello songs to play? and maybe some tabs. atm im having trouble tabbing cello suite 1.

mayb my bass is out of tune >.<

fingerstyle 02-09-2006 02:17 AM

If you have Guitar Pro, mysongbook.com and other places such as one of stu hamms sites, have a few of the more popular bach movemnts.

also check these out... some are guitar but they're easily usable on bass.

[URL="http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/johann_sebastian_bach_bass_tabs.htm"]http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/johann_sebastian_bach_bass_tabs.htm[/URL]

here is the bass ones if u dont want the guitar ones.
[url]http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/johann_sebastian_bach_bass_tabs.htm[/url]

free-scores.com has a few bach pieces in standard notation if u can read that.

karmapavementplan 02-12-2006 09:39 AM

there's a fire - OK GO
- both basically have same recurring riff through song.
Get over it - OK GO

Specialsauce 02-23-2006 04:10 PM

RATM - Maria

the rif is really fun, and pretty easy. same with RATM - Revolver, and RATM - Bullet in the Head

Liebensaft 02-23-2006 04:23 PM

[QUOTE=SuM MeXiCaN]E|0---023----87~~--5---587--30--

yaeh i know its crappy lol.

Gorillaz - feel good inc. is prety fun to play. at a few slap (make it custom or sumthin) and it gets pretty fun to play :)[/QUOTE]
You know, you could avoid having to shift your hand by simply moving a few notes to the A string.

This isn't directed at you, but I can't stand when people do a whole tab like that. You'd have to travel up and down the neck every other note to play it like they tab it, when if you just shifted a couple notes up a string, you wouldn't have to move your fretting hand anywhere down the neck.

tmart937 03-21-2006 11:58 AM

Any song is a beginner song, when you are new to bass!:p
to paraphrase the late great Mitch Hedberg.
[I]NIB[/I] [B]Black Sabbath[/B]= Power chords
[I]Badge[/I] [B]Cream[/B]= you look like you know bass
[I]Black[/I] [B]Pearl Jam [/B]=Octaves

Oz Rembrandt 03-29-2006 10:04 AM

For Beggining Punk/Pop-Punk Bassists:

The Misfits - She, Hybrid Moments, Return of Fly.
NOFX - Eat the Meek, Bob, All Out of Angst
Rancid - Bloodclot, Journey to the End of the East Bay, Time Bomb
Green Day - 2000 Light Years Away, 86, JAR

These are all pretty easy, but also fun to play.

wicked_child 03-29-2006 11:27 AM

try the intro of for whom the bell tolls. my fave when i was a beginner

kingurth 04-21-2006 07:26 PM

I don't know if anyone said this already but...

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (Iron Butterfly): A really easy and fun song to play. It's got one riff that's repeated for pretty much the entire song. The first song I learned how to play on the bass.

Iron Man (Black Sabbath): Easy enough to learn, an a pretty awesome song in general. Great to bust out if you just want to entertain somebody.

Smoke on the Water (Deep Purple): The main riff is incredibly easy to learn. Personally I don't like this song, but a lot of people do and it's easy, so good for beginners.