Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   History (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Casual Compendium (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268077)

LightRaven 07-12-2004 01:27 PM

[QUOTE=gaslight]/Me huggles LR.

:([/QUOTE]

:) *hugs back*
LR

Thunder Fingers 07-12-2004 01:33 PM

LR's Back! kinda missed you..sometimes it gets a little outa control here :p (dont know if you know me :p)

nirve 07-12-2004 01:39 PM

[QUOTE=Low_End_Communications]And he plays a Stick... so he gets 50 Zillion extra awesomez0rZ points added. Madthumbs get a lot extra cool, just he's an Aussie, and Aussie's are the greatest people to touch the planet... after all, they're descended from American/ European criminals :thumb:[/QUOTE]

joshmay plays a stick?

Espbassor 07-12-2004 02:06 PM

[QUOTE=LightRaven]And because I am a girl, I will not teach privately in Philadelphia. There is just too much of a risk for me going to someone's house to teach...

Maybe when I am older.. and am quite settled in my career... I will start some sort of school in philadelphia.

Or.. perhaps I can convince my work to open a fourth location in philadelphia. I actually should do that. We are opening a third location soon... meh.. I'm going to have to talk to them. I mean.. we are a chain now... might as well stretch the boarders.

LR[/QUOTE]

Hey, if you get a place to teach at in philly, I might be up for some lessons :thumb: I need them in the worst kind of way :D

jazzfunkboy 07-12-2004 02:34 PM

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Metal Meltdown 07-12-2004 02:41 PM

I Have had my bass for like 2 weeks woo who!!!! im so happy :D i finally get to start my band with my friends "Metal Meltdown"woo who :thumb:

I Have had my bass for like 2 weeks woo who!!!! im so happy :D i finally get to start my band with my friends "Metal Meltdown"woo who :thumb:

nisakss 07-12-2004 02:50 PM

[QUOTE=LightRaven]As if Cods had anything to do with what you are talking about. Yep, he planned it and everything :rolleyes: So you are pissed at him because he has an avatar of an icon that you don't particularly appreciate. Take your anger and your frustration out on the real culprites... not someone who you hardly know, out of a simple picture, and high-jacking my thread at that. It says "casual stuff, come on in" not "your avatar sucks and I hate you..."

LR[/QUOTE] Sorry about that, I didn't mean to high-jack your thread or anything, it's just that it happens that that is my casual thing today. And of course I'm not blamming Cods or anything, and I apolize for that (i didn't think it would come across like that), it's just that when people from around the world support the Che, or anyone else that has inspired our guerrillas, it gives them support, it's almost as wearing a green peace sticker or something, you are giving support, and that matters.

So, I apolize with LR and COds, and the rest of the forum. It's just that I'm very sad and frustraded, and to be sincere I needed to get this out of my chest. I'm really sorry, I don't want to upset anybody, and I behaved childlish and inmature and I know that attitudes like mine only generate more violence and hatred :upset: *goes digs his head in the ground*

willbasser 07-12-2004 02:59 PM

Hi i'm new so please gimmi a break! i havent even got a bass of my own lol!! but i'm in a band and were avin our first gig on the 24th i'm 14

willbasser 07-12-2004 03:03 PM

hi NISAKSS could u gimmi n e tips 4 bass?

Omega Red 07-12-2004 03:14 PM

only 52 more to go

Omega Red 07-12-2004 03:14 PM

make that 51

nisakss 07-12-2004 03:24 PM

Thanks for asking me, but there are much more accomplished bass players in here that know more about bass. But anyhow, I don't know how new you are, but the first thing you MUST learn to be a good bass player is to lock in with the drummer and beign able to hear the whole song, soloiing comes after. Start out with easy riffs, and make sure you don't miss a beat, something like Sunday Bloody Sunday, or Road Trip (RHCP, it seems you like them), or I Could Have Lied. At first try using your fingers, although a pick is fine, make sure you are articulated, that you define each note you're playing. You also have to develop gorilla grip in both hands, so that you can play effortlessly for long periods.
And of course, learn theory, as much as you can. I've never had lessons but I have some books and videos. If you can get an instructor.

And above all play. Play as much as you can, and don't restrict yourself to playing bass parts, you should try to play melodies, lyrics, almost anything you want. I find that this gives you a great visual connection from your hands to the bass. Try figuring out paterns that allow you to make good statements, and weed of with your ear the notes that won't fit in a particular key (the key is like the song's home, where it goes). When playing try putting your hand in the position of the neck where the key is a once you have the pattern figured out, it much easier then to play fills, passing notes, or whatever you want.

Hope you find it useful!

BTW, make sure that your bass is well adjusted (action, neck, etc)

nisakss 07-12-2004 04:20 PM

Is anyone here a F1 fan? For me it is the only thing that can compete with bass, I guess I like it even more, maybe. If I could choose between beign a musician or a F1 driver, I think I would choose beign in F1. BTW, I think that Silverstone has been the best race so far this season, Kimi is so good. I'm really looking forward to seeing him paired with Montoya, it oughta be good. So, anyone else here has other passions as strong as bass playing?

bassist-bmxer 07-12-2004 04:25 PM

i love riding bmx its such a rush!!

Wintermute 07-12-2004 05:14 PM

[QUOTE=willbasser]Hi i'm new so please gimmi a break! i havent even got a bass of my own lol!! but i'm in a band and were avin our first gig on the 24th i'm 14[/QUOTE]

Not wanting to sound pessimistic... but don't expect it to go well. You've got mere days before you play an instrument live, which you don't even own. Bad planning.

Stick to the root note and pray there are no chord changes. Probably best to use a pick, it's easier to get used to in a short time.

ScorpSath 07-12-2004 06:00 PM

[QUOTE=LightRaven]Of course silly. I think... that you were on the song with TonyChoyisGod?

That could be wrong.. but I definately remember you :p

LR[/QUOTE]

yay!!! :)

JoeDaddio 07-12-2004 07:40 PM

[QUOTE=bassist-bmxer]i love riding bmx its such a rush!![/QUOTE]

haha. I raced BMX for years. From about 13 till I was 18 or so. After I got into college I had to stop. Well, I didn't have to, but I got a job, and was spending more time with school stuff, so I didn't have the time for it. When I got to be about 16 I started street, and did both for a while. I thought that was strange, because you don't find too many street riders who race at the same time. At least you didn't 4 or 5 years ago. I still have my old frame. I've actually been thinking about selling it, but it has a lot of sentimental value, and I don't ever think I'd get for it what I think it's worth. So just for fun, here's some vintage Joe for y'all. Circa '97 or '98. (Don't ask me why it's sideways... if it doesn't show up right click and press "show picture")

[img]http://i.myspace.com/40/51/1291504/13929953_l.JPG[/img]

joe

Crapdragoon 07-12-2004 07:45 PM

Anybody here ever ride dirtbikes/quads in the dunes? It is amazing , some of the bowls you can ride in are so huge, makes ya feel like a moving cherrio in a huge bowl, cept theres no milk :o

Jaco 07-12-2004 07:47 PM

Nice, Joe.

Hey Hexy, great to see you. It's been a while. Hope we can talk on MSN sometime. I'm still playing that EUB, so if you don't want to talk, I'd understand! ;)

Glad to see you back. Sorry I came in so late.

Regards

Jaco

bassist-bmxer 07-12-2004 07:59 PM

that is cool joe :thumb: i am more of a dirt/street/park rider but i respect the racers because that is hard work!! i havnt rode bmx much lately because i have been focusing on playing bass but i gotta get more into it. I just need to learn to practice both equally.

oh nice frame by the way :thumb:

Chaos 07-12-2004 09:06 PM

wow this is gonna be a hard thread to keep up with, yeah i dont know if uve ever seen me LR but im trying to be around as much as possible and hope to stay for a while....im glad ur staying and trying to get to know everyone....

nisakss 07-12-2004 09:06 PM

[QUOTE=Crapdragoon]Anybody here ever ride dirtbikes/quads in the dunes? It is amazing , some of the bowls you can ride in are so huge, makes ya feel like a moving cherrio in a huge bowl, cept theres no milk :o[/QUOTE]
I did a couple of times, but I fractured three ribs and had to stop or I would get kicked of the Karting Team!! **** insurance policies....

cods 07-12-2004 09:36 PM

[QUOTE=nisakss]Cods, sorry I don't mean to be a jerk or anything, but your avatar really, really sucks, and I really never thought that a figure that has done so much harm would be related in any way with music. Out of pure curiosity, do you actually admire him??? because I can give a little fact, today there was a bombing here in Bogotá that killed like 15 persons. The FARC took responsabilitie for it, claiming something really stupid, and the phrase ended like "in the name of the Che and his glorius campaigns we have decided to bla. bla, bla, long live the revolution!!"
****, I'm so ****ing pissed out at you and any one relating to that sort of crap, glory of the revolution, glory of dying for the revolution, what about the glory of killing for the revolution? Where's the glory in that.[/QUOTE]

lol...Che in my avatar is a joke. making fun of those who are like, as you stated "in the name of the Che and his glorius campaigns we have decided to bla. bla, bla, long live the revolution!!" and those who wear che t-shirts without knowing who in the hell he is.

cods for mod = serious.

che = a joke.

have a nice day. :D.

edit: i pwn page 14.

Low_End_Communications 07-12-2004 09:37 PM

^Someone said my old "Evil Empire" av was bad... **** them.

cods 07-12-2004 09:54 PM

[QUOTE=Low_End_Communications]^Someone said my old "Evil Empire" av was bad... **** them.[/QUOTE]

fu[size=2]c[/size]k them, and fu[size=2]c[/size]k the police!

[/RATM]

[size=1]cods for mod![/size]

wonder_steve 07-13-2004 12:04 AM

I got your back cods.

Kandyman 07-13-2004 12:34 AM

Hey LR,

I know I'm doing this a bit late in the thread but thank you so much for all you have done here in this forum. Your lessons were some of the most helpful pieces of advice I have ever been given. I almost cried earlier when you said you were leaving and I'm hoping you don't, but all good things must end.

cods 07-13-2004 07:46 AM

[QUOTE=wonder_steve]I got your back cods.[/QUOTE]

*high fives*

[size=1]cods for mod![/size]