Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Band Profile: NOFX- Pop-Punk Must Know Number Three (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362709)

AIRIC 05-02-2006 01:38 PM

Propagandhi ain't nothin' to f[B]u[/B]ck wit.

Weezerfan_returns 05-02-2006 09:30 PM

[QUOTE=<---NoFX--->]You're band is good, I check them out the other day
[/QUOTE]

thanks dude. :thumb:

[URL="http://www.purevolume.com/sorryaboutyourcouch"]http://www.purevolume.com/sorryaboutyourcouch[/URL]

Weezerfan_returns 05-02-2006 09:31 PM

[QUOTE=Skrunnch]Propagandhi ain't nothin' to f[B]u[/B]ck wit.[/QUOTE]

droptheworld 05-05-2006 03:29 PM

yeah

[url]http://g7welcomingcommittee.com/radio/[/url]

go listen to the new podcast and get chris' response to nofx's song.

To clear things up, the feud started when Rock Against Bush first came out when Fat Mike asked Propagandhi to edit their liner notes for Bull**** Politicians because it could offend George Soros, a scumbag who donates to moveon.org. Propagandhi refused to be censored so they pulled themselves from the project, plus they didn't feel right just bashing bush, because they are quite aware that bush isn't to blame. America didn't just get bad. we've been a fu cked up country for hundreds of years! Nofx failed to see that voting wasn't going to change the status quo, and wow, would you look at that! propagandhi was proven right!

So there you go, that's how it started. They remained friends through it but differed politically, then fat mike got more involved with the democratic party, also saying stupid things like, "kerry is a cool guy, he plays guitar and snowboards" propagandhi's response, "Tell that to the people in iraq who are going to get bombed by kerry if he's president" (remember, kerry wanted to increase military presence.

so propagandhi writes rock for sustainable capitalism. the lyrics were posted here, but also read the liner notes, there's more cutting words in it. Obviously propagandhi's lyrics were deep and meaningful. One-celled creature is a bitchy whiny attempt to get back at propagandhi

But here lies the paradox. If it weren't for propagandhi, there would be no politically motivated, vegetarian nofx. Nofx admits this all the time. FAt mike says he listened to too much propagandhi. Propagandhi changed my life, so fat mike has to shut up when he tries to insinuate that propagandhi doesn't spark change.

for the record. PCL blows apart wolves in wolves clothing. I've been a fan of both bands for nearly 15 years. Propagandhi is better, sorry. Nofx has a lot more fun and catchy songs, but they don't amount to the quality in content that propagandhi puts out.

jord is the greatest punk drummer period. listen to last months podcast on g7 and you'll hear him rip erik's boring blast beat that he's been using for 20 years. good stuff

propagandhi for life! Of course The Decline too ;

Rise Me Up 05-05-2006 04:07 PM

I bought Wolves in Wolve's clothing today.

AIRIC 05-05-2006 04:12 PM

Hundreds of years?

Kickflip_Burrito 05-05-2006 06:31 PM

Judging from what droptheworld said, it sounds like Fat Mike was being dumb however, the song Rock For Sustainable Capitalism sounded pretty bitchy and ironic that its on an album released on Fat.

I dunno, but its getting to the point that all Nofx want or wanted to do is have a pop at Bush. I dont think they really do that anymore do they?

droptheworld 05-05-2006 08:34 PM

[QUOTE=Skrunnch]Hundreds of years?[/QUOTE]
yes hundreds of years, let's not forget about the slaves and indians. If you're going to use the weakerthans as your avatar, I'd hope you'd know this. Read Zinn, Chomsky and Ward Churchill, fat mike reads them all, he even knows.

Fat Mike and Chris go nearly 20 years back so that's why propagandhi stayed with fat wreck. They've always considered fat to be an indie label. They differed politcally but remained friends, now that scenario is changing. Listen to the G7 podcast. Last month they played the marxist brothers which was another cheap stab at propagandhi (which is addressed in this months podcast at G7 Radio). For the uninformed: G7 is the label started by Chris and Jorde of Propagandhi.

Rise Me Up 05-05-2006 09:19 PM

I'm pretty sure 60% (Reprise) is too.

Jersey's Best Dancer 05-05-2006 09:41 PM

[QUOTE=droptheworld][url]http://g7welcomingcommittee.com/radio/[/url]

To clear things up, the feud started when Rock Against Bush first came out when Fat Mike asked Propagandhi to edit their liner notes for Bull**** Politicians because it could offend George Soros, a scumbag who donates to moveon.org. Propagandhi refused to be censored so they pulled themselves from the project, plus they didn't feel right just bashing bush, because they are quite aware that bush isn't to blame. America didn't just get bad. we've been a fu cked up country for hundreds of years! Nofx failed to see that voting wasn't going to change the status quo, and wow, would you look at that! propagandhi was proven right!

So there you go, that's how it started. They remained friends through it but differed politically, then fat mike got more involved with the democratic party, also saying stupid things like, "kerry is a cool guy, he plays guitar and snowboards" propagandhi's response, "Tell that to the people in iraq who are going to get bombed by kerry if he's president" (remember, kerry wanted to increase military presence.

[B]so propagandhi writes rock for sustainable capitalism. the lyrics were posted here, but also read the liner notes, there's more cutting words in it. Obviously propagandhi's lyrics were deep and meaningful. One-celled creature is a bitchy whiny attempt to get back at propagandhi[/B]
But here lies the paradox. If it weren't for propagandhi, there would be no politically motivated, vegetarian nofx. Nofx admits this all the time. FAt mike says he listened to too much propagandhi. Propagandhi changed my life, so fat mike has to shut up when he tries to insinuate that propagandhi doesn't spark change.

for the record. PCL blows apart wolves in wolves clothing. I've been a fan of both bands for nearly 15 years. Propagandhi is better, sorry. Nofx has a lot more fun and catchy songs, but they don't amount to the quality in content that propagandhi puts out.

jord is the greatest punk drummer period. listen to last months podcast on g7 and you'll hear him rip erik's boring blast beat that he's been using for 20 years. good stuff

propagandhi for life! Of course The Decline too ;[/QUOTE]

I agree w/ everything you just siad, and especially the bold stuff.

<---NoFX---> 05-06-2006 01:09 PM

[QUOTE=droptheworld][url]http://g7welcomingcommittee.com/radio/[/url]

so propagandhi writes rock for sustainable capitalism. the lyrics were posted here, but also read the liner notes, there's more cutting words in it. Obviously propagandhi's lyrics were deep and meaningful. One-celled creature is a bitchy whiny attempt to get back at propagandhi

propagandhi for life! Of course The Decline too ;[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that cleared it up for me. I still rate NoFX above Propagandhi any day of the week though :naughty:

Brain Toad 05-06-2006 01:35 PM

Both bands are kind of boring

/trollish spam

Weezerfan_returns 05-06-2006 05:11 PM

Propagandhi and NOFX boring?

As with the whole feud thing, I think that Propagandhi might have a good point, but they also have a shi[B]tty[/B] attitude.

I'm tired of talking about this, I love both bands.

Drop The Baby 05-09-2006 04:09 AM

[QUOTE=Weezerfan_returns]

As with the whole feud thing, I think that Propagandhi might have a good point, but they also have a shi[B]tty[/B] attitude.

[/QUOTE]

Weezerfan_returns 05-09-2006 12:52 PM

[QUOTE=Drop The Baby]12345[/QUOTE]
666 :eek:

I still think the new nofx album is aces.

Can anyone pick a favorite?

AIRIC 05-09-2006 02:18 PM

[I]Ribbed[/I]

secret 77 05-09-2006 02:22 PM

ribbed is my favorite nofx album too.

Weezerfan_returns 05-09-2006 02:52 PM

can we put a little poll up in dis bitch?

AIRIC 05-09-2006 03:00 PM

Nope.

Jersey's Best Dancer 05-09-2006 09:57 PM

The latest podcast from g7 is fkin hilarious. They are making fun of One-celled Ceature saying its the greatest lyrical song, and whoever it is about is a dick hahaha. They play the song and it fkin sucks hahaha. You can check out the podcast here: [url]http://www.g7welcomingcommittee.com/radio/[/url]

droptheworld 05-09-2006 11:43 PM

thanks for reposting the link for me. Also read the G7 blogs, there is some dialogue about the "fued" between the two bands.

DBoons Ghost 05-10-2006 09:05 AM

That profile I actually enjoyed reading. Good job!

NOFX sucks though. Fat Mike should learn how to shut up and play. I've seen them too many times, and every time after 98, he refuses to shut up.

Politics and slapstick bands don't mix.

<---NoFX---> 05-10-2006 03:29 PM

They do talk alot on stage and although it's funny it uses up valuable set time

AIRIC 05-10-2006 03:30 PM

Their live sets taht I've heard are hilarious.

They seem real tight too.

<---NoFX---> 05-10-2006 03:32 PM

I really want to see The Decline live. I thought they were going to do it at Reading festival last year but I was let down, they started talking about it and everthing....

DBoons Ghost 05-10-2006 03:44 PM

Yeah they are really tight and excellent live, and most of their jib is kinda funny, but Fat Mike is no role model for kids. Not at all.

Now he's rich off punk he can talk crap? That's not how it works.

<---NoFX---> 05-10-2006 03:47 PM

Do you ever make a bad point?

AIRIC 05-10-2006 03:48 PM

In his younger days I'm sure.

Weezerfan_returns 05-10-2006 07:25 PM

[QUOTE=DBoon's Ghost]Yeah they are really tight and excellent live, and most of their jib is kinda funny, but Fat Mike is no role model for kids. Not at all.

Now he's rich off punk he can talk crap? That's not how it works.[/QUOTE]

He's in a band who puts out a lot of good records. Their live show is great (The Decline live was the best thing i've ever seen). And if he's rich it's because he has been making music/running a great label for a long time.

Fat puts out great records, and treats the bands well.

I don't agree with some of his political moves, but other than that, i think he's a pretty cool guy.

food3416 05-10-2006 08:22 PM

NOFX kicks ***