Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   History (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Sound Off (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502181)

spitfirejunky 11-20-2006 08:03 PM

[QUOTE=HeatoN;13667720]perhaps for what was done but it helps to either make the mods reply next time or be hesitant in banning so..[/QUOTE]

Why do you require their attention if you can leave?

Surgicalgod 11-20-2006 08:03 PM

[QUOTE=Dimes Make Dollars;13667627]guys I have to tell you all a super dark secret

PROBLEM USERS: stop being a problem and hacking, and just post, who honestly cares

MODS AND ETC.: stop caring so much. Don't miss your exams because you have to clean up spam, jesus christ. This place isn't an obligation. Just post, who honestly cares

to sum it all up

[size=10][b]INTERNET[/size][/b][/QUOTE]

Exactly; if mods would stop caring so much and taking everything as a personal offence, noone would hax anymore.

HeatoN 11-20-2006 08:04 PM

[QUOTE=mx;13667733]No, actually I would say that it makes more likely to ban you or delete your posts.[/QUOTE]

well i stayed not banned for quite a long period after that so sorry

YDload 11-20-2006 08:05 PM

[QUOTE=Surgicalgod;13667735]Exactly; if mods would stop caring so much and taking everything as a personal offence, noone would hax anymore.[/QUOTE]

wait so now the MODS are the ones caring too much, and taking everything as a personal offense? it's people like chad who take things too seriously that cause the problem.

Pete 11-20-2006 08:05 PM

[QUOTE=Surgicalgod;13667735]Exactly; if mods would stop caring so much and taking everything as a personal offence, noone would hax anymore.[/QUOTE]

read through this thread. only one person takes things personal here.

HeatoN 11-20-2006 08:05 PM

[QUOTE=spitfirejunky;13667734]Why do you require their attention if you can leave?[/QUOTE]

why would i leave

Jom 11-20-2006 08:05 PM

[QUOTE=form;13667716][url]http://sputnikmusic.com/forums/member2.php?u=184399[/url]

available to the public

but yeah, i dont even know why i posted that post, probably just to post

<3 MI[/QUOTE]

I didn't see anything in your profile, though?

Michigan \m/

[quote]perhaps for what was done[/quote]

Okay, that's a start. Thank you

[quote]but it helps to either make the mods reply next time or be hesitant in banning so..[/quote]

so... what? Why did you trail off?

Look, I hope you understand that it is virtually impossible for the staff to answer questions 24/7. It's bad enough that only a handful of mods answer questions AT ALL, but there should be a 12-24 hour period for someone to answer you. Do you not think you jumped the gun a little too quickly here just to make a point, instead of waiting a reasonable amount of time?

But I sincerely doubt I'm going to be re-instated, so meh.

And I understand the knack for wanting to cause damage, but you should at least give the mods that actually talk to you a chance to respond instead of waiting five minutes and then linking the listening parties to three old dudes blowing each other.

Pete 11-20-2006 08:05 PM

[QUOTE=HeatoN;13667751]why would i leave[/QUOTE]

why would you stay

mx 11-20-2006 08:06 PM

[quote]Exactly; if mods would stop caring so much and taking everything as a personal offence, noone would hax anymore.[/quote]

If the mods stopped caring, the site would go to hell. Seriously, the main criticism of me is that I don't care enough. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

spitfirejunky 11-20-2006 08:06 PM

[QUOTE=HeatoN;13667751]why would i leave[/QUOTE]

Because no one wants you around and you ultimately have no control over these forums.

asdf 11-20-2006 08:06 PM

[QUOTE=Africa;13667712]I don't understand your twist of that question? People doing those things is fine, but acting like dicks while they do it, does that lead to hacking?[/QUOTE] Apparently so.

Also, there's thousands of forums on the internet. This one does have a purpose, and I see nothing wrong with trying to uphold that purpose and keep it a good place. I'm not saying get rid of the general discussion forum, because that's part of it, too. But I just don't see why it [I]has[/I] to lead to hacking. You're right, it shouldn't. But apparently it does.

And it's Jeremy's forum, and he'll run it as he wants to. Like I said, there are thousands of forums for a person to switch to.

HeatoN 11-20-2006 08:07 PM

[QUOTE=Jom;13667753]

Look, I hope you understand that it is virtually impossible for the staff to answer questions 24/7. It's bad enough that only a handful of mods answer questions AT ALL, but there should be a 12-24 hour period for someone to answer you. Do you not think you jumped the gun a little too quickly here just to make a point, instead of waiting a reasonable amount of time?

[/QUOTE]welll i waited two weeks :/

mx 11-20-2006 08:08 PM

Dude, if the mods arne't responding, bring it up. It's a real issue. But bring it up in seriousness, in respect, and without slinging around insults or comparing people to Hitler. And don't throw a tantrum when you don't get your way.

asdf 11-20-2006 08:09 PM

Lets cry about it, Chad. Lets all have a good cry about it.

I Am a Hat 11-20-2006 08:09 PM

would any of the mods bother you at all anymore if you just stopped complaining and hacking and spamming

try just being normal and if any of the mods does something to you, tell jeremy and have him take care of it.

and if he doesn't, [I]then[/I] you can go back to being a sociopath again. if you can't just try this then its blatantly obvious you don't really care about fixing anything, you just want to complain

Jom 11-20-2006 08:09 PM

[QUOTE=HeatoN;13667772]welll i waited two weeks :/[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Eesh. Where the hell was I?

What were you asking about, your infractions, or something else?

EDIT: now that I think about it I didn't really visit Site a whole lot since the summer when I got demodded. One, to cool off after being demodded by Plexi, and two, because I didn't think any of my answers to questions would be considered and/or appreciated. So I haven't really been unless I see the Site forum has 203840234 people viewing it, which is a telltale sign that something cool is going down and I must give my $.02 like everybody else, haha.

HeatoN 11-20-2006 08:09 PM

[QUOTE=spitfirejunky;13667761]Because no one wants you around and you ultimately have no control over these forums.[/QUOTE]

wrong and wrong

mx 11-20-2006 08:10 PM

Bye Chad, this is obviously pointless. You're working hard to kill the mod discussion that you're asking for.

The Haitian 11-20-2006 08:10 PM

[QUOTE=HeatoN;13667588]i still dont think you understand[/QUOTE]
On the contrary, it's mx's site and you don't agree with how things are run. What you need to understand is that [B]it's mx's site[/B], therefore it is [I]not[/I] your site. It doesn't matter how much you bitch and moan, because mx will ultimately do what he wants to do with it. (I'd shut it down altogether but again, that is my opinion. Just because mx may not agree with my opinion doesn't mean that I would hold the site ransom until my demands are met)

If it is that terrible here then leave

Surgicalgod 11-20-2006 08:13 PM

[QUOTE=YDload;13667746]wait so now the MODS are the ones caring too much, and taking everything as a personal offense? it's people like chad who take things too seriously that cause the problem.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter if chad takes things too personally or not (though, I assure you, he doesn't - he just makes it look like that), the mods shouldn't react by saying that they're fed up or very angry or w/e. If your psychoanalysis of Chad is correct, that would only lead to more trouble.

[QUOTE=mx]If the mods stopped caring, the site would go to hell. Seriously, the main criticism of me is that I don't care enough. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.[/QUOTE]

I'm not talking about cleaning the site up of spam and the regular modding. Everyone just takes whatever Chad does personally like it's going to affect their lives or something. If you stop crying about and getting very angry, it wouldn't be as fun to Chad ==> less hackings/less trouble.

HeatoN 11-20-2006 08:14 PM

[QUOTE=mx;13667781]Dude, if the mods arne't responding, bring it up. It's a real issue. But bring it up in seriousness, in respect, and without slinging around insults or comparing people to Hitler. And don't throw a tantrum when you don't get your way.[/QUOTE]

wait bring it up to who and in what forum because im not seing many other places to go

YDload 11-20-2006 08:15 PM

[QUOTE=Surgicalgod;13667822]It doesn't matter if chad takes things too personally or not (though, I assure you, he doesn't - he just makes it look like that), the mods shouldn't react by saying that they're fed up or very angry or w/e. If your psychoanalysis of Chad is correct, that would only lead to more trouble.

I'm not talking about cleaning the site up of spam and the regular modding. Everyone just takes whatever Chad does personally like it's going to affect their lives or something. If you stop crying about and getting very angry, it wouldn't be as fun to Chad ==> less hackings/less trouble.[/QUOTE]

no his big gripe is that the mods don't answer him. we CAN'T just ignore it and delete his posts as they come up. i'd LOVE to do that but it doesn't solve anything! you HAVE to listen to chad if you are given these amazing moderating powers.

this is my gift, and my curse....

HeatoN 11-20-2006 08:16 PM

[QUOTE=I Am a Hat;13667786]would any of the mods bother you at all anymore if you just stopped complaining and hacking and spamming

try just being normal and if any of the mods does something to you, tell jeremy and have him take care of it.

and if he doesn't, [I]then[/I] you can go back to being a sociopath again. if you can't just try this then its blatantly obvious you don't really care about fixing anything, you just want to complain[/QUOTE]

lol

i post quite normally when im not banned

just because i make it my buisiness to care when a mod is being an idiot to someone else in site

Jom 11-20-2006 08:16 PM

[quote]Seriously, the main criticism of me is that I don't care enough. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.[/quote]

I never understood why you couldn't pop in once every couple days on the forums somewhere to just drop a line and say hey to people, even if it was in the mod forum. Not everybody triple majors at an Ivy League school and a trillion hobbies and a photogenic girlfriend (don't get me wrong, congratulations on all your accomplishments and all that other good stuff), but it wouldn't be unreasonable to stop by once every couple days to say hey, say how your day/week is going in one of the community threads, and then go back to writing 50 page history papers, would it?

You've said that you go to other forums for discussion instead of your own [sic], so why do you allow the forums to stay up if you can't even post on them? One post every couple days is hardly an inconvenience, especially with your work on the reviews site.

That's what I don't understand. Even the most poltergeist-like mods engage in somewhat casual conversation on the boards.

Pete 11-20-2006 08:17 PM

[QUOTE=HeatoN;13667825]wait bring it up to who and in what forum because im not seing many other places to go[/QUOTE]

hahah this shiz off the wall

reporter: "why do you cool kids beat up people and destroy things?"
cool kids: "cuz we have no place to go"
reporter: "but they built you a youth center, and you destroyed it! why do you keep doiing these things?"
cool kids: "uh. cuz we have no place to go"

mx 11-20-2006 08:19 PM

[quote]I never understood why you couldn't pop in once every couple days on the forums somewhere to just drop a line and say hey to people, even if it was in the mod forum. Not everybody triple majors at an Ivy League school and a trillion hobbies and a photogenic girlfriend (don't get me wrong, congratulations on all your accomplishments and all that other good stuff), but it wouldn't be unreasonable to stop by once every couple days to say hey, say how your day/week is going in one of the community threads, and then go back to writing 50 page history papers, would it?[/quote]

This criticism is understandable. It's because after 5 years I've lost my interest. But you're right, I should pop in more often. Not excusing that.

HeatoN 11-20-2006 08:19 PM

fatpete please re read my post you interpreted it wrong

jeremy said to bring it up when i am dissatisfied and i am asking him where to do that ok

Pete 11-20-2006 08:20 PM

[QUOTE=HeatoN;13667863]fatpete please re read my post you interpreted it wrong

jeremy said to bring it up when i am dissatisfied and i am asking him where to do that ok[/QUOTE]

i kid, i kid

actually, thats a quote from some swedish tv show so it doesnt make much sense here, but it's funny to me

YDload 11-20-2006 08:20 PM

[QUOTE=HeatoN;13667863]fatpete please re read my post you interpreted it wrong

jeremy said to bring it up when i am dissatisfied and i am asking him where to do that ok[/QUOTE]

now the pit has a "report problems" thread and guitar should have one soon as well. that should have you covered :)

Jom 11-20-2006 08:21 PM

[QUOTE=mx;13667862]This criticism is understandable. It's because after 5 years I've lost my interest. But you're right, I should pop in more often. Not excusing that.[/QUOTE]

That's reasonable, of course.

If you don't have any interest in maintaining the forums, and they still run in the red (even if there's improvements with ads), then why do you still keep the forums going? You have stated rather eloquently in the past that you don't owe people anything, but if you're so dissatisfied with how things go, why do you keep the boards up? What stops you from taking them down?

Note: this is not a decree to take the boards down because I like people and the boards and it would suck really bad to lose them, but surely you could find something about the forums that'd somewhat spark your interest outside of your expanding work on the reviews site?