Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rock & Metal (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Official Suggestions/Recommendations Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571083)

xMalcolmXx 07-25-2011 12:43 AM

feels like i'm dyyiiiiinnnnnnnnnn

this pain will never fayeeeeeeeed

MalleusMaleficarum 07-27-2011 03:29 PM

whats the best acid king album

christsimpson 07-27-2011 03:33 PM

someone rec me shit like Explosions in the Sky but not boring and with super super super epic crescendos

Ventriloquist 07-27-2011 04:42 PM

this will destroy you

idk how much post rock u listen to

christsimpson 07-27-2011 04:49 PM

no they are boring too

I hate "post rock" that's the worst "genre" ever but call it what you want just post something

I know all the pop bands so post something a little less obvious though

thanks for helping out!

edit: that last sentence sounded really sarcastic when I read my post but rest assured it isn't LOL

Txus 07-27-2011 04:50 PM

listen to dias de septiembre, they are from venezuela, really good stuff

Ventriloquist 07-27-2011 05:00 PM

idk if you want more riffy shit check

mudy on sakuban
toe
and so i watch you from afar
if these trees could talk
maybeshewill
long distance calling

not so riffy but not boring (for you)

gastr del sol
bark psychosis
65daysofstatic
slow six
paik
vanessa van basten

should be enough

christsimpson 07-27-2011 05:21 PM

65daysofstatic and that shit is boring and cold

I want warm and crescendos with Cmaj7 and cymbal rape forever

like... without 20mins of lingering

so just Explosions in the Sky with shorter crescendos and actually good climaxes instead of meeeeh anticlimaxes

I'll check out the stuff that I haven't heard on your list man

even though the ones I recognise are really far from what I want...

Txus I'll check out your rec too

thanks both

Ventriloquist 07-29-2011 12:34 AM

well TWDY has mad crescendos and they don't linger 20 mins. idk eits is like the shittiest and most repetitive one out there. but yeah i kinda rec'd you random shit there lol. i don't think they fit in your criteria.

maybe the ones in the second group. slow six is p cool

Deth 07-29-2011 06:29 PM

pretty sure most bands try to have some description of songcraft and not be a highlight reel idk

Morumbar 07-30-2011 09:56 AM

Can you guys recommend me some ridiculously heavy, aggressive as fuck modern death metal with no constant, overtly technical guitar wankery?

DBlitz 07-30-2011 10:16 AM

Obliteration - [I]Nekropsalms[/I] and/or [I]Perpetual Decay[/I]

christsimpson 07-31-2011 02:46 PM

[QUOTE=Txus;18594754]listen to dias de septiembre, they are from venezuela, really good stuff[/QUOTE]

been somewhere without Internet access for a while (can you believe that shit still exists???), so this is the only rec I've listened to yet, and I just wanted to say that it's *perfect*. great energy! and it even has vocals! thank you so much. :-)

christsimpson 08-01-2011 02:31 PM

[QUOTE=Deth;18597452]pretty sure most bands try to have some description of songcraft and not be a highlight reel idk[/QUOTE]

Mono do both.

anyway, re-listening to the first This Will Destroy you album for the first time in ages. so far it's pretty much just how I remembered it. hit or miss. the songs that hit are quite good, really. albeit too short and not bombastic enough. but the misses... gees. too many long build-ups that anticlimax. I mean, it's fairly nice to listen to and all... but there's just too much ambient lingering - and it never truly lets loose and goes nuts.

example: I'm on track two now. so far: 3mins of a "vvvv-vvvv-vvvv-vvv-wwww-wwww-wwwwwww-vvvvv" sound, with some electronica in the background. ehhhhhh. GY!BE are a lot better at this. *a lot*.

edit: what do you know... that went on for more than 7mins, and that was the whole song...

DBlitz 08-01-2011 02:43 PM

do you like yndi halda

Royd Rage 08-01-2011 02:57 PM

can someone recommend me some good drone music?

really what i know of the genre is boris,sunn and a few other i can't think of right now.

i'm not into sunn much so i guess i am looking for something more on the boris side of the coin.

Ventriloquist 08-01-2011 03:00 PM

[QUOTE=christsimpson;18599475]Mono do both.

anyway, re-listening to the first This Will Destroy you album for the first time in ages. so far it's pretty much just how I remembered it. hit or miss. the songs that hit are quite good, really. albeit too short and not bombastic enough. but the misses... gees. too many long build-ups that anticlimax. I mean, it's fairly nice to listen to and all... but there's just too much ambient lingering - and it never truly lets loose and goes nuts.

example: I'm on track two now. so far: 3mins of a "vvvv-vvvv-vvvv-vvv-wwww-wwww-wwwwwww-vvvvv" sound, with some electronica in the background. ehhhhhh. GY!BE are a lot better at this. *a lot*.

edit: what do you know... that went on for more than 7mins, and that was the whole song...[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdqT3MDAG2w

christsimpson 08-01-2011 04:01 PM

[QUOTE=DBlitz;18599500]do you like yndi halda[/QUOTE]

I like their good parts a lot... but too long songs, and too many not-that-interesting-parts. [the] slowest runner [in all of the world] are a lot better.

[QUOTE=R.L.;18599517]can someone recommend me some good drone music?

really what i know of the genre is boris,sunn and a few other i can't think of right now.

i'm not into sunn much so i guess i am looking for something more on the boris side of the coin.[/QUOTE]

try the Pyramids With Nadja album.

[QUOTE=Ventriloquist;18599525]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdqT3MDAG2w[/QUOTE]

that's one of the better songs. but it doesn't really go off enough for me.

christsimpson 08-01-2011 04:10 PM

I'm liking this Slow Six jazz. while not what I was looking for at all, it's some fairly decent instrumental progressive rock with strings, á la Ólafur Arnalds.

Ventriloquist 08-01-2011 04:24 PM

[QUOTE=R.L.;18599517]can someone recommend me some good drone music?

i'm not into sunn much so i guess i am looking for something more on the boris side of the coin.[/QUOTE]

William Basinski - 92982
William Basinski & Richard Chartier - Untitled
Tim Hecker - Ultraviolet
Earth - Hex; or imprinting the infernal method
Aidan Baker - Scalpel
KTL - IV
The Dead Texan - The Dead Texan
Lustmord - Heretic

Should be enough. I included various types of drone.

Txus 08-01-2011 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=christsimpson;18598469]been somewhere without Internet access for a while (can you believe that shit still exists???), so this is the only rec I've listened to yet, and I just wanted to say that it's *perfect*. great energy! and it even has vocals! thank you so much. :-)[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to hear that :)

Royd Rage 08-02-2011 06:21 PM

[QUOTE=Ventriloquist;18599712]William Basinski - 92982
William Basinski & Richard Chartier - Untitled
Tim Hecker - Ultraviolet
Earth - Hex; or imprinting the infernal method
Aidan Baker - Scalpel
KTL - IV
The Dead Texan - The Dead Texan
Lustmord - Heretic

Should be enough. I included various types of drone.[/QUOTE]

thanx!

i'm really liking the stuff i'm hearing from aidan baker.

christsimpson 08-03-2011 03:41 PM

post bands that sound exactly like this: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivL9Hd7mn_k[/url]

Haz 08-04-2011 02:34 AM

sounds like every post-rock band i've ever listened to

Mogwai?

christsimpson 08-04-2011 05:20 AM

no

not at all

they aren't even within the same continent of awesomeness. Mr. Beast is good, but nae Mono.

Txus 08-04-2011 10:18 AM

Yeah, Mono are one of the greatest. I'd say try to listen to another south american band, Aspasia, they're from Chile and they might not sound exactly like Mono but they do have some resemblance.

MalleusMaleficarum 08-04-2011 11:22 AM

[QUOTE=Morumbar;18597757]Can you guys recommend me some ridiculously heavy, aggressive as fuck modern death metal with no constant, overtly technical guitar wankery?[/QUOTE]

Have you listened to the new Disma?

hansherdel 08-09-2011 06:50 AM

This was so informative. all genres have here with complete list of the bands. I have here a tool of converting YouTube musics into MP3. This is the tool: http://www.flockee.com/static/youtube-to-mp3/?category=youtube-to-mp3-converter

Ventriloquist 08-09-2011 08:27 AM

that's some tool you got there

Aaron 08-11-2011 06:42 PM

Can someone suggest me some blackened death-metal with super production to it? Nothing with nasally high vocals plox.