Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rock & Metal (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Papa Jelle's HOW COULD DIS HAPPEN 2 ME Thread (No No Allowed) (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533321)

Dr. Jake Destructo 01-02-2008 01:26 AM

Good, now Hawaii can shut the **** up about deserving to be in the national championship.

In reality, it would've been rather depressing to see them win; first it would support Hawaii as having been an actual contender and second, it would also prove the fact that the BCS is retarded.

plane 01-02-2008 01:27 AM

[b]More Spoilers for No Country for Old Men[/b]

Found this for you:
[quote=http://blogs.suntimes.com/scanners/2007/11/no_country_for_old_men_out_in.html]I can't imagine a more perfect and eloquent conclusion for this film, which begins and ends by acknowledging Ed Tom's dreams and illusions, but some audiences have been vocal in their disapproval. What does the ending do? For one thing, it shows us a man who has retired, who has said he will not be part of the world he described in the opening, and who now sits indoors, in a cozy kitchen, where the wild outside is just a view through a window.

And yet, he's still comparing himself to the "old-timers," and still coming up short. It follows another scene in a kitchen, swarming with feral cats, belonging to Ed Tom's cousin (and his granddad's former deputy), Ellis, who sits in a wheelchair, having been shot by a man who died in prison. "What you got ain't nothin new," old Ellis tells Ed Tom, trying to shake him loose from his nostalgia. "This contry is hard on people.... You can't stop what's comin. Ain't all waiting on you. That's vanity."

Ed Tom had his moment (in the scene before this one), when he crossed the yellow tape and entered the blue door of the dark motel room. Inside: Nothing. Just a loose vent and a dime -- a coin tossed. Heads. Chigurh disappeared into the shadows... of the room next door. And that was it for ol' Ed Tom -- the most he ever put up on a coin toss, and the most he ever will if he can help it.

So, we go out on accounts of two dreams. The first one, about lost money -- could be about a coin toss, or $2 million, or any number of things. But it's about loss. Maybe the loss of the way Ed Tom looked at the world, and his relationship to it, in his opening monologue. Or maybe it's just that he's discouraged, and now retired.

The dream about the father is also many things, but it's definitely "The Road," McCarthy's 2007 post-apocalyptic novel about a father carrying the fire to keep his son alive in a world of desolation. Ed Tom is now older than his father ever was, but in his dream his father is still out there, ahead of him, keeping the fire going in all that dark and all that cold. I read that (as I do the final paragraph of "The Road," about the trout) as a sign that there is something to put up against the darkness, and maybe that's all there is: that hope.

Then you wake up.[/quote]

NemesisDivina 01-02-2008 01:30 AM

I think that movie had one of the most creative killings I've seen in a while. AIR TANK TO THE FACE!!

Dr. Jake Destructo 01-02-2008 01:41 AM

I would love to see OSU get snubbed once more.

And yeah, being the team that lost most opportunistically is a terrible way to judge the championship, but unless a playoff was instituted, it is the best way I guess. :shrug:

TojesDolan 01-02-2008 03:20 AM

so what happened to the isketch girl

radtaste 01-02-2008 07:06 AM

@R&Mers: what genre is Carcass' Heartwork?

repcak 01-02-2008 07:09 AM

Carcass Heartwork is Melodic Death Metal!

Apocalyptic Raids 01-02-2008 07:09 AM

edit: beaten :(

Eliminator 01-02-2008 07:10 AM

ya see its got the death metal with ruh ruhr ruh but with the melodeezzz and the weedly weedly harmonica minor

radtaste 01-02-2008 07:13 AM

[QUOTE=repcak;15773508]Carcass Heartwork is Melodic Death Metal![/QUOTE]

Cool.

[QUOTE=Apocalyptic Raids;15773510]edit: beaten :([/QUOTE]

Happens to the worst of us.

[QUOTE=Eliminator;15773512]ya see its got the death metal with ruh ruhr ruh but with the melodeezzz and the weedly weedly harmonica minor[/QUOTE]

eliminator

Apocalyptic Raids 01-02-2008 07:14 AM

[QUOTE=Eliminator;15773512]ya see its got the death metal with ruh ruhr ruh but with the melodeezzz and the weedly weedly harmonica minor[/QUOTE]
probably the best harmonica minorz in history

Riva 01-02-2008 07:15 AM

Ya see kids these days listen to the death metal that gives them the brain damage. With their ruh-in' and their weedlin' and their gruh-in' and their tweedlin' till they don't know what the jazz is all about, ya see?

Eliminator 01-02-2008 07:17 AM

and ya see with the jazz ya got the jello puddin and the broom chick ba ba tss ta ta tss doo loo ba bum bum boooo

radtaste 01-02-2008 07:19 AM

[QUOTE=Riva;15773529]Ya see kids these days listen to the death metal that gives them the brain damage. With their ruh-in' and their weedlin' and their gruh-in' and their tweedlin' till they don't know what the jazz is all about, ya see?[/QUOTE]

i counter the brain damage with doses of Soulja Boy and ABBA.

Apocalyptic Raids 01-02-2008 07:21 AM

hey kids meet your uncle, he's a famous jazz musician!

oh daddy, they all are!

Anglachel 01-02-2008 07:48 AM

I was listening to Heartwork yesterday for the first time in forever!
But I changed it back to Dark Tranquility half way through because lul gothenburg

ATM 01-02-2008 07:48 AM

Riva or Tojes:

Can I get this avatar?

[url]http://www.raefandjoe.com/img/mst3k1.jpg[/url]

I can make it smaller :-*

Anglachel 01-02-2008 07:51 AM

[url]http://i13.tinypic.com/6z8hnxy.gif[/url]
give him this one instead! Its the proper size, and under 200 kb!

edit: **** that! give me that avatar instead!

gmoneyguy 01-02-2008 08:03 AM

Morning Kømrades!

Anglachel 01-02-2008 08:08 AM

G'Mornin'

Eliminator 01-02-2008 08:09 AM

listening to nadja and eating cheez-its

this is a good morning.

Anglachel 01-02-2008 08:10 AM

I'm listening to Infidel?/Castro!

ATM 01-02-2008 08:12 AM

I slept almost 12 hours :-x

Apocalyptic Raids 01-02-2008 08:16 AM

Oversleeping sucks.

Anglachel 01-02-2008 08:24 AM

I love sleeping

Anglachel 01-02-2008 08:28 AM

gb2stormfront

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 8 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 3 seconds.

gmoneyguy 01-02-2008 08:28 AM

r u 1?

Anglachel 01-02-2008 08:32 AM

Am I 1?

gmoneyguy 01-02-2008 08:32 AM

I'm waiting for an answer, niglet.

Anglachel 01-02-2008 08:35 AM

I grant to you
no privilage of person
no sense of self
denial of choice
its wants out