PDA

View Full Version : Slack-key guitar tabs???

deacon_joe
05-21-2003, 10:16 PM
Has anyone ever heard of slack-key guitar?? Well, i heard some of it the other day...VERY beautiful and GREAT for just sitting around and strummin' on the ol' acoustic....if anyone knows where i can get slack-key tabs that'd be awsome

Haleiwa
08-22-2003, 05:32 PM
Ohhh ..... slack key interest. Well, you have good taste, and I'm surprised that nobody replied to this message. Well slack key is far from languid strumming, being more of a finger picking discipline. A repeating bass pattern on the lower three strings compliments picking on the upper strings. The result is expressive and soulful ..... and very Hawaiian.

My recommendation is to log onto taropatch.net and check out the learning section. If you have questions the site membership will be helpful. There are a few free tabs available, but I would recommend purchasing Ozzie Kotani's book/cd to get a good start learning how to put it all together. Like anything good, it takes dedication. Again, check out this site. You won't be sorry. taropatch.net (http://www.taropatch.net/)

Kden bruddah. Aloha no!

+Aħ4++̣$"^%&%
09-04-2005, 05:34 AM
Spammination!