PDA

View Full Version : New Heads and New Cymbals

Surgeonfish
01-03-2010, 01:37 AM
12", 13", and 16" Evans Onyx Drum Heads
14" Evans Reverse Dot Coated Snare Batter
13" Zildjian ZHT Fast Crash Cymbal
20" Meinl HCS Ride Cymbal

I just got 3 Evans Onyx drum heads and they sound brilliant. They have a nice dark tone (with the proper tuning of course) that just sounds amazing when doing fills. The floor tom has extremely deep (almost menacing) tone with perfect rebound. I also bought an Evans reverse dot coated snare head and I tuned it nicely to get a great punk sound out of it. Overall, these drum heads are excellent. And I definitely recommend these or any Evans heads for that matter.

I also got two new cymbals on a very low budget. I got a 14" Zildjian ZHT Fast Crash and 20" Meinl HCS Ride. Now, Zildjian's don't come easy but I got my small Fast Crash for around 60-70 bucks and it sounds great. It especially sounds great in addition with my 16" Zildjian ZHT Crash Ride when hit simultaneously. It has a nice shimmering ring but it's not too long and it doesn't go by too quick. With the proper hardware, it should sound just fine. Now, my 20" Meinl HCS Ride was a tough one for me 'cause it doesn't cost much so I didn't know if I was getting what I had bargained for. But it... sounds... amazing! It has such a fluid tone and the ring, it's just--ah! It's great. Only 70 bucks too!

Anyway, I got exactly what I wanted and they're all perfect additions to my sorry excuse for a kit. All I need is a Pearl rack and a few more cymbals and I'll be set for good! :)

fishbulb
01-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Glad you're happy with your purchases!

Any pictures?

Surgeonfish
01-06-2010, 12:27 AM
I was actually thinking about taking some pics and replying to the Kit Pic Thread. :)

SupyoSup
01-16-2010, 05:57 PM
I just got some Onyx heads yesterday too! They sound great, but I think I tuned them all too high lol.

RebelWithoutApplause
03-21-2010, 09:23 PM
I have some Onyx heads and they sound excellent when tuned very low. :)

rhymemartin
04-14-2011, 10:25 PM
http://www.californiapercussion.com/categories/Cymbals/Istanbul-Agop-Cymbals/