PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana *Serious Posts Only*

JohnXDoesn't
03-21-2009, 08:11 PM
Alright, easy post, YOUR view on marijuana. But don't forget to back up what you think about it. Is it wrong? Is it okay? Do you actually believe that it doesn't kill brain cells? Lets hear what MX'ers have to say :smoke:

wartomods
03-22-2009, 08:32 AM
Marijuana is wrong because it is getting expensive and not nearly as good as heroin.

FingersOfStone
03-22-2009, 08:54 AM
it's not healthy but we're all dying so w/e

guitarded_chuck
03-22-2009, 08:57 AM
Cannabis does not kill neurons; it temporarily alters them. Depending on how frequently one uses cannabis, the alteration may or may not affect them at all (once the actual drug has worn off after use). Even the heaviest smoker will be free of any trace of THC or it's effects on their systems after a few months, at most.

Marijuana needs to be legalized. In today's economy, money need not (must not) be wasted on the 'war' on fighting the drugs use. If it were made legal, it would be regulated by the government, and no doubt heavily taxed. The pure profit made would be immense, let alone the money saved by not hunting down the eliminated marijuana drug dealers and their jail costs. Regulating marijuana would likely make it's use much less common amongst under-aged children and teenagers as well, as it would likely not be available to those under the same legal age as purchasing alcohol.

Marijuana needs to be looked upon and regulated similarly to alcohol, and I think this is what we will eventually socially progress to. Marijuana is less addictive and generally harmful on the human body than alcohol, so why is so much money spent on fighting it, and why is it looked at so negatively?

Meatplow
03-22-2009, 09:00 AM
topic is done to death, it's not as bad as some people make it out to be and most importantly it's not as good as some people make it out to be either, fuck off liberal weed has expanded my mind weed is life douchebags who do nothing but talk about how great weed is and try to score boring cunts

this is not to dismiss those who enjoy a private puff, i'm with you and it's fine by me, but marijuana enthusiasts who will defend it to the very end shut the hell up you give the rest of us a bad name

kitsch
03-22-2009, 09:06 AM
i agree with meatplow.

and i dont think weed should be legalized. right now, its cheap, potent and easy to aquire. this would probably change.

i smoke with my friends on occasion, with periods of smoking a lot more (whenever i get a sizable amount of some good weed for really cheap)

FingersOfStone
03-22-2009, 09:09 AM
If weed was legal, do you thing companies would start making addictive ciggaweeds for us to get hooked on like they do with ciggarettes

Plain tobacco isn't all that addictive either, from my understanding

kitsch
03-22-2009, 09:10 AM
marlboro greens

guitarded_chuck
03-22-2009, 09:10 AM
No, because it would be government regulated.

FingersOfStone
03-22-2009, 09:11 AM
No, because it would be government regulated.

cigarettes aren't?

kitsch
03-22-2009, 09:12 AM
the govt would probably weaken the **** wayyy down.

alcohol and cigs arent govt regulated, why assume weed would be?

guitarded_chuck
03-22-2009, 09:17 AM
cigarettes aren't?

It would be different. I can't see them selling marijuana at your local convenience store. In California they have 'shops' where they sell marijuana and related products for people who having prescriptions for it. I think it'd be the same sort of thing if it were legalized.

I'm thinking kind of differently about it than your too prob because in the States I know you can buy beer and **** at almost any store, but here in Canada you can only buy it at government owned and operated liquor stores.

FingersOfStone
03-22-2009, 09:20 AM
actually buying alcohol's the same way in PA, most states you can buy beer anywhere though

cigs are everywhere, though

I wouldn't be opposed to a "weed store" i guess

Interstate
03-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Cannabis does not kill neurons; it temporarily alters them. Depending on how frequently one uses cannabis, the alteration may or may not affect them at all (once the actual drug has worn off after use). Even the heaviest smoker will be free of any trace of THC or it's effects on their systems after a few months, at most.

Marijuana needs to be legalized. In today's economy, money need not (must not) be wasted on the 'war' on fighting the drugs use. If it were made legal, it would be regulated by the government, and no doubt heavily taxed. The pure profit made would be immense, let alone the money saved by not hunting down the eliminated marijuana drug dealers and their jail costs. Regulating marijuana would likely make it's use much less common amongst under-aged children and teenagers as well, as it would likely not be available to those under the same legal age as purchasing alcohol.

Marijuana needs to be looked upon and regulated similarly to alcohol, and I think this is what we will eventually socially progress to. Marijuana is less addictive and generally harmful on the human body than alcohol, so why is so much money spent on fighting it, and why is it looked at so negatively?

Basically this. I wholeheartedly agree with this.

kitsch
03-22-2009, 09:21 AM
tbh i think every single drug should be legalized, but im not sure this board is ready for that.

it would almost eliminate crime. if junkeys get to where theyre stealing to buy heroin from the gov or some shi, just send them to a compound and give them all the free drugs they want. we can tell them that therapy is always available. it would be a lot cheaper than prison.

FingersOfStone
03-22-2009, 09:23 AM
tbh i think every single drug should be legalized, but im not sure this board is ready for that.

it would almost eliminate crime. if junkeys get to where theyre stealing to buy heroin from the gov or some shi, just send them to a compound and give them all the free drugs they want. we can tell them that therapy is always available. it would be a lot cheaper than prison.

and the pandemonium really wouldn't be that bad

like, if murder was legalized most people still wouldn't do it

kitsch
03-22-2009, 09:25 AM
what pandemonium?

would heroin users really spike that much from legalization?

FingersOfStone
03-22-2009, 09:28 AM
well yeah that was the point

KILL
03-22-2009, 09:48 AM
weed is life and thats a serious post

ToxicVenom
03-22-2009, 09:49 AM
weed is kool

nobodyblossoms4ever
03-22-2009, 10:04 AM
if weed was legalized nobody would be able to afford it

can barely afford it now

iliketoplaydrums10111
03-22-2009, 10:25 AM
it should be legalized

i just want to be able to sit outside on a nice day and smoke a fat blunt without worrying.

beso negro
03-22-2009, 10:44 AM
I can't smoke weed and I don't have any interest in it anyways. The fact that it is illegal though while alcohol isn't is pretty retarded. Alcohol is much more dangerous for your brain.

can barely afford it now

unless it was legal to grow yourself

Black Ink
03-22-2009, 10:48 AM

http://www.nuplay.tv/Media/Images/Profiles/1/753_68932.bmp

Jawaharal
03-22-2009, 11:15 AM
If weed was legalized, I'm guessing it would be heavily regulated, and the amount of THC would be lowered.

Thus it would just be some weak **** and everyone would still go buy some dank illegal ****.

guitarded_chuck
03-22-2009, 11:20 AM
I don't think it would be weak. In Cali when you go to the shop to buy prescription weed you get a choice of like every kind of weed known to man. I saw a documentary on it once. They even had THC gum lool

i just want to be able to sit outside on a nice day and smoke a fat blunt without worrying.

This.
Though I do this anyway. Back deck of course. My neighbors can **** off :smoke:

Gattsu347
03-22-2009, 11:26 AM
i have a club card and it basically already is legal if you have the correct d0cumentation. the only thing that needs to be changed is police enforcment of smokers and growers. Along with the obvious need for the change of federal law. You'd be surprised how many old and sick actually use cannabis instead of expensive and dangerous perscription pills that tear apart your liver, it's basically the perfect medicine especially taken in the form of food.

THC hard candy is my favorite.

Nadinus
03-22-2009, 11:29 AM
The fact that it's illegal doesn't mean people can't enjoy it. It's not like it's hard to get hold of, or police are particularly harsh on those caught with it.

Sure, people wouldn't immediately become potheads if it was legalised but at least it still has a certain stigma surrounding it (as is the case with other illegal drugs (and as an aside, the attitudes/laws regarding alcohol are kind of hypocritical)).

Iskandar
03-22-2009, 11:33 AM
the govt would probably weaken the **** wayyy down.They don't do that for cigarettes and alcohol, why assume that?
alcohol and cigs arent govt regulated, why assume weed would be?Yes they are. The government sets standards for their content and who they can be sold to and requires warning labels on cigarette packaging.

Regulation is different from controlling production.

Gattsu347
03-22-2009, 11:34 AM
well i feel it would be treated, at least recreationally, like alcohol. I feel that a lot of people that aren't in favor of the plant now will be night/weekend smokers, which is awesome.

The illegality is the main turn off for almost everyone who isn't in favor of it. you'll rarely have someone tell you they don't wanna smoke cause "its dangerous" or "addictive" like other drugs, they juts dont like it cause the po-po says no.

Gattsu347
03-22-2009, 11:35 AM
The government can tax it, and set standards for it, but if they control production then all is lost as far as buying from the state. the governemtn controlling production is the last thing MJ smokers want.

Iskandar
03-22-2009, 11:36 AM
They wouldn't go that far. They don't do that in any country where it's decriminalized.

The arguments for why it should be legal have already been made, so I'm just going to restate my support for them.

Huxton
03-22-2009, 11:37 AM
if you do it you are pretty gay no lie but i think we should legalize everything so i can do the actually cool drugs like coke

Huxton
03-22-2009, 11:37 AM
ps this thread is copypasta

Gattsu347
03-22-2009, 11:40 AM

can barely afford it now

it would become cheaper by far. Supply would go through the roof as most avid MJ smokers would grow their own and then sell to a state club as well. Growing is a totally fulfilling and wonderful activity.

Huxton
03-22-2009, 11:41 AM
its a totally gay activity and you're a fag

now what

guitarded_chuck
03-22-2009, 11:46 AM
*Serious Posts Only*

Gattsu347
03-22-2009, 11:47 AM
its a totally gay activity and you're a fag

now what

now what? now i know your an idiot. :smoke:

Shadows Within
03-22-2009, 11:49 AM
topic is done to death, it's not as bad as some people make it out to be and most importantly it's not as good as some people make it out to be either, fuck off liberal weed has expanded my mind weed is life douchebags who do nothing but talk about how great weed is and try to score boring cunts

this is not to dismiss those who enjoy a private puff, i'm with you and it's fine by me, but marijuana enthusiasts who will defend it to the very end shut the hell up you give the rest of us a bad name

thats basically how i feel about it, it probably should be legalized but i REALLLLLY cant stand people who endorse it and anyone who doesn't smoke is crazy.

he's got a point though, that is pretty pathetic.

Gattsu347
03-22-2009, 11:52 AM
i like metal every now and then, but metal enthusiasts don't really bother me...of course it's annoying if they ridicule you for not liking metal, but you can't hate them for loving something.

Huxton
03-22-2009, 11:53 AM

i'd rather be an idiot than a fag. fag.

Shadows Within
03-22-2009, 11:54 AM
i like metal every now and then, but metal enthusiasts don't really bother me...of course it's annoying if they ridicule you for not liking metal, but you can't hate them for loving something.

oh right i forgot im exactly like that.

guitarded_chuck
03-22-2009, 11:54 AM
i REALLLLLY cant stand people who endorse it and anyone who doesn't smoke is crazy.

so you don't really have an opinion then I guess and can't stand anybody

Gattsu347
03-22-2009, 11:56 AM
i'd rather be an idiot than a fag. fag.

i'd rather be a used tampon then be you so it's all good.

oh right i forgot im exactly like that.

wtf don't get defensive i didn't say you were like that. infact i didn't say anything about you at all, i was talking about me. wtfx

Huxton
03-22-2009, 11:57 AM
i'd rather be a used tampon then be you so it's all good.

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/than.html

try again

Shadows Within
03-22-2009, 11:57 AM
ah i never go to R&M anymore so i probably dont know who you are.

so you don't really have an opinion then I guess and can't stand anybody

right because everyone smokes pot, makes sense.

Gattsu347
03-22-2009, 12:00 PM
http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/than.html

try again

omg j00 trie agen cuZ yous a L4me azz.

WELCOME TO THE GATTSU347 IGNORE LIST!!

Huxton
03-22-2009, 12:01 PM
ok cool enjoy being 15 and thinking that you are cool because you smoke weed

guitarded_chuck
03-22-2009, 12:06 PM
I enjoyed this thread while it was still serious posts. RIP

Huxton
03-22-2009, 12:08 PM
all my posts are serious son

all of them

Gattsu347
03-22-2009, 12:09 PM
sorry, i got distracted by a dumbass. back on topic.

Whats your favorite edible?

Huxton
03-22-2009, 12:10 PM
i thought i was on ignore i know you love me too much to do that

Detective Dan
03-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Marijuana enthusiasts are idiots, and marijuana is such a boring drug.

Should it be legalized? Of course.

(*The Noonward Race*)
03-22-2009, 12:52 PM
I smoke weed a lot. It doesn't need to be legalized really it's so easy to get.

nobodyblossoms4ever
03-22-2009, 01:12 PM
its not bout getting it its bout not goin to jail or go through probation just for havin it

(*The Noonward Race*)
03-22-2009, 01:13 PM
o i dont hang out with cops so its alright

Moon Flavor
03-22-2009, 01:20 PM
I don't really like being treated like a criminal just because I smoke all the time, but I'm not about to cause an uproar over it because legalizing it could potentially have negative side-effects despite the overwhelmingly positive economic effects. I can't really think of any....but there's gotta be a reason if it's still illegal, right? Right???

And @ Det. Dan's comment on weed enthusiasts being idiots, that's nonsense. Weed is just another hobby; it's like saying stamp collecting enthusiasts are idiots. They're not really idiots, they're just into something kinda weird that you don't understand the perks of.

Huxton
03-22-2009, 01:21 PM
it's like saying stamp collecting enthusiasts are idiots.yeah but they are though

guitarded_chuck
03-22-2009, 01:23 PM
huxtons are idiots too

(*The Noonward Race*)
03-22-2009, 01:23 PM
chads are idiots too

Huxton
03-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Huxton is the smartest guy i know

(*The Noonward Race*)
03-22-2009, 01:25 PM
dr huxtable is the smartest guy i know

guitarded_chuck
03-22-2009, 01:25 PM
ya but don't kno anyone

(*The Noonward Race*)
03-22-2009, 01:30 PM
I wish I get really long body highs still, I think I should stop for a month or something. I really have to lower my tolerance, what would keep me in a certain state of mind that I am now too familiar with and last for 30 mins only goes for about a minute now.

thickasabrick
03-22-2009, 01:32 PM
I enjoy smoking marijuana, but I've been smoking it enough to know the downsides:

THC ****s with white blood cells which really screws with your immune system. Are you a pothead? Ever notice that a small cold will last for weeks? It's because your white blood cells can't fight bacteria anymore.

Smoking marijuana is bad for your mouth (gums, tongue etc) your throat, and your lungs. Eating marijuana skips this problem, but since THC only dissolves in fat, you are forced to eat fatty foods just to get high...also unhealthy.

Marijuana makes it hard to concentrate, both when you are high and when you've come down. You may want to take a toke after a long day of work or school...but later when you try to study for your math or philosophy exam you'll waste a lot more time because your mind is all over the place.

Marijuana makes it feel "okay" to be bored, and thus some people never pursue new hobbies or interests, and they are ultimately very boring to hang out with.

Marijuana supplies gangs and the black market with money and the government wastes even more money trying to fight it. Nuff said.

That being said, legalize it and use it in moderation alongside a healthy lifestyle.

Huxton
03-22-2009, 01:34 PM
drug dealers are just businessmen who cares

dont download movies either that funds terrorism

here comes the bird flu
03-22-2009, 01:34 PM
More people have died from Peanut Butter (in the twenties) related accidents this year than from Marijuana consumption (zero people)

Cramboli
03-22-2009, 01:36 PM
If it was legalized though it'd be like cigarettes taxed,boxed, sold to *Age*^ the thing is that doesn't stop everyone who's been growing and selling it themselves for the last 20+ years. In my view the government would get cash from people who don't know connections and want to try it but if it became legal the only change would be smoking in public and not having to be sketchy about it and I know I wouldn't buy it from the store because they estimated once how much a pack (20 cig/joints) and it would be like 15$ for a gram if not less of there blend which as we all know would be weak to long time smokers. Which also leads to my point of the regular dealers probably either raising the prices to match stores or selling it thrice as cheap to monopolize on the business although if anyone actually looks at how much the government makes illegally dealing with this anyway... Everyone talks about how much money's wasted in the prison system and granted it is stupid when it's on extremely petty charges and we spend all these tax dollars on the war on drugs and we can't catch half as many of the larger dealers... It's like war though you have the wholehearted supporters and the peace bringing protesters... In light terms...

Huxton
we cant ban peanut butter it tastes too good

(*The Noonward Race*)
Those are obvious downsides after time yes, I would say the only one that I care about is how it makes you wanna lay down and sleep all the time.

thickasabrick
03-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Those are obvious downsides after time yes, I would say the only one that I care about is how it makes you wanna lay down and sleep all the time.

lol tell me about it. I'm always reading (as an English major) and then suddenly I wake up and realize I fell asleep for like five hours.

(*The Noonward Race*)
03-22-2009, 01:48 PM
haha I never really sleep because of it but I feel like it

honourosis
03-22-2009, 01:50 PM
I smoke weed a lot. It doesn't need to be legalized really it's so easy to get.

this pretty much i wouldn't really care either way. the only benefit i would see in it personally is having something already pre-rolled omg omg omg

(*The Noonward Race*)
03-22-2009, 01:52 PM
i dont use joints only with friends in the car

but even then we use other means like my 2L waterfall at home

Black Ink
03-22-2009, 01:54 PM
More people have died from Peanut Butter (in the twenties) related accidents this year than from Marijuana consumption (zero people)

Deer kill more people every year (20's by attacks, hundreds by car strikes) than wolves (0 in the last century) so whats your point.

thickasabrick
03-22-2009, 01:56 PM
this pretty much i wouldn't really care either way. the only benefit i would see in it personally is having something already pre-rolled omg omg omg

Do you realize how much better government grown weed is?

Have you ever been to Amsterdam? Where you can walk into a store and choose from like fifteen primo types of weed or hash?

Are you aware that the majority of black-market growers harvest their plants too fast (more harvests per year = more money), which means they do not properly flush out the nutrients of the plants before the harvest the plant (if you grow pot you know what I'm talking about) and they also sell the marijuana while it is uncured, because pot weighs about twice as much when its uncured so they get more money.

Not to mention I've seen drug dealers literally take a spray bottle and spritz down a bag of pot, turning a pound into a pound and a half, and then selling it and saying "its really fresh and sticky"

ikikdababy
03-22-2009, 01:58 PM
we cant ban peanut butter it tastes too good

Truth.

Cramboli
03-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Thickasabrick, I couldn't have said it any better myself... Except for the government grown weed yeah it's good and all but the price they put on it + if it ever came down to it do you really think they would sell that ****? No they would give you the plants they ****ed up or something to that extent if not just turn it into a monopoly and try to mass produce as quick as possible...

ikikdababy
03-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Thickasabrick, I couldn't have said it any better myself... Except for the government grown weed yeah it's good and all but the price they put on it + if it ever came down to it do you really think they would sell that ****? No they would give you the plants they ****ed up or something to that extent if not just turn it into a monopoly and try to mass produce as quick as possible...

The medical marijuana in California is the best stuff in the country outside of the stuff that comes out of Ole Miss University's on-campus pot-growing facilities.

Point being, the government, our government does grow good pot and sell it to us. What are you talking about?

Manic_
03-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Assembly Bill 390 anyone?

Black Ink
03-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Pineapple Express.

GorgeousGabe
03-22-2009, 02:23 PM
i agree with meatplow.

and i dont think weed should be legalized. right now, its cheap, potent and easy to aquire. this would probably change.

i smoke with my friends on occasion, with periods of smoking a lot more (whenever i get a sizable amount of some good weed for really cheap)

...that's a pretty selfish outlook. Yes it might become more expensive if it were legalized, but decriminalizing marijuana would save a lot of otherwise innocent people from a ludicrous legal system, would bring billions of dollars back to American soil to be ****ing spent on something besides prosecuting otherwise innocent people... not to mention, legalizing hemp has a slew of benefits to its own

http://students.ou.edu/W/Elicia.A.Wallach-1/usesofhemp.htm

aside from the legal issue on marijuana... I'm a pretty big advocate of it. I don't smoke every day or even every week, but weed helps me out in a lot of ways. it gives me a chance to reflect on myself in a totally different way, it's a lot of fun, and when I'm in a writer's block, it allows me to pick up a pen and start writing again like nothing else can

(*The Noonward Race*)
03-22-2009, 02:25 PM
actually you're right it should be legalized but for now i can wait

sweboy
03-22-2009, 02:26 PM
legalize it brah

thickasabrick
03-22-2009, 02:47 PM
The medical marijuana in California is the best stuff in the country outside of the stuff that comes out of Ole Miss University's on-campus pot-growing facilities.

Point being, the government, our government does grow good pot and sell it to us. What are you talking about?

I agree.

I live in Canada, but one of our local hempshops is run by a licensed marijuana grower (medicinal). He's got like two thousand plants in the basement of the store, it was even advertised in our newspaper.

Long story short, I've gotten buds off this guy and they are by far the best stuff I've ever smoked. Government weed is awesome.

Also, compare privately owned liquor stores in provinces like Alberta, and government owned liquor stores like in Saskatchewan. You'd think Alberta booze would be cheaper because the sleazy government isn't trying to make a buck, but Saskatchewan actually has cheaper booze because the government sells it.

ikikdababy
03-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Oh. Canadian... I forgot about the existence of that entire possibility.

Anyway, yes.

Kuffuffled
03-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Watch "Running From The Cure"

It's a freely distributed movie, torrent it or watch it on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=running+from+the+cure&aq=f

kitsch
03-22-2009, 03:48 PM

i havent read any of the replies to this thread but i know ill probably have been flamed.

just to clarify, this was very tounge in cheek and i dont think this at all. i was mocking the people that want weed legalized. the problems this country faces due to alcohol is a pittance next to illegal drugs. why? because alcohol is legal. there are a lot of people on the fence about things and dont try them just because they dont want to take the risk.

weed should not be legal, and from a whats good for society standpoint, neither should alcohol.

Already_Taken
03-22-2009, 03:50 PM
i love to smoke marijuana, and will forever do so as in no other circumstance do i feel so excellent.

kitsch
03-22-2009, 03:53 PM
...that's a pretty selfish outlook. Yes it might become more expensive if it were legalized, but decriminalizing marijuana would save a lot of otherwise innocent people from a ludicrous legal system, would bring billions of dollars back to American soil to be ****ing spent on something besides prosecuting otherwise innocent people... not to mention, legalizing hemp has a slew of benefits to its own

http://students.ou.edu/W/Elicia.A.Wallach-1/usesofhemp.htm

aside from the legal issue on marijuana... I'm a pretty big advocate of it. I don't smoke every day or even every week, but weed helps me out in a lot of ways. it gives me a chance to reflect on myself in a totally different way, it's a lot of fun, and when I'm in a writer's block, it allows me to pick up a pen and start writing again like nothing else can

maybe decriminalization for up to an ounce of possesion. but in no way should growing or distributing be legal. the gov shouldnt sell it. no one should sell it. legalising weed is laughable.

Huxton
03-22-2009, 03:54 PM
kitsch if that is your real opinion then im afraid you are dumb but this is the pit hey maybe its not

Already_Taken
03-22-2009, 03:56 PM
maybe decriminalization for up to an ounce of possesion. but in no way should growing or distributing be legal. the gov shouldnt sell it. no one should sell it. legalising weed is laughable.

ummmm so why would u make possession legal but any means of obtaining it illegal? that makes no sense.

kitsch
why am i dumb? convince me weed should be legalized.

Huxton
why would you make any of it illegal that makes no sense

Huxton
03-22-2009, 03:57 PM
why am i dumb? convince me weed should be legalized.convince me that it shouldnt

by default freedom is absolute

its you who must justify the ban

kitsch
03-22-2009, 03:57 PM
ummmm so why would u make possession legal but any means of obtaining it illegal? that makes no sense.

because we dont need to fill up the jail cells with people smoking weed esp. in an economic recession, duh.

but it still shouldnt be encouraged in the slightest.

Already_Taken
03-22-2009, 03:58 PM
lots of things are legal, it doesn't mean they're encouraged

dude that's a ridiculous opinion, if anything americans need to smoke more weed. this society is so frenetic and stressful...

Huxton
03-22-2009, 03:58 PM
i encourage abortion wherever possible

i would have especially encouraged yours

TimJim
03-22-2009, 04:00 PM
one of my duties at my new job is to baggy of a few grams of weed/bag for people with glaucoma since its legal in Michigan now :)

<3<3<3
03-22-2009, 04:00 PM
I always felt if alcohol is legal, marijuana should be too.

kitsch
03-22-2009, 04:01 PM
convince me that it shouldnt

by default freedom is absolute

its you who must justify the ban

except for its already illegal in this country and with only a few exceptions throughout the world. also those exceptions are made for economic reasons. (legalisation in ampsterdam is made for the same reason prostitution is in vegas.) so there must be some big misconception about weed that only a few people in the entire world know about.

kitsch
03-22-2009, 04:02 PM
I always felt if alcohol is legal, marijuana should be too.

except it probably shouldnt when you weigh the costs of alcohol on society.

TimJim
weed makes you lazy

my uncle used to do it all the time and now he cant keep a job and he doesnt give a **** about anything

Huxton
oh logical fallacies i love you so

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_majority
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_authority

this is one reason you are dumb but yes sir i believe there are many more

Already_Taken
03-22-2009, 04:03 PM
weed doesn't make me lazy... :confused:

choosing when to smoke weed is a responsibility just like choosing when to drink is.

Huxton
03-22-2009, 04:06 PM
except it probably shouldnt when you weigh the costs of alcohol on society.

true the cost of freedom in general is too high lets put everyone in sweatshops for maximum productivity who needs individual liberty man

TimJim
03-22-2009, 04:08 PM
true the cost of freedom in general is too high lets put everyone in sweatshops for maximum productivity who needs individual liberty manyes we should not

kitsch

fine.

weed takes away motivation. ive witnessed this firsthand. it also stays in your system 72x longer than alcohol. it bogs you down even after the effects have worn off. this is due to the fact that thc is fat soluable. guess whats over 99% fat? your brain. you know how theres some truth in every joke? look no further than tommy chong.

weed impairs judgement and motor skills, and effects your health. i see no benefit to society by legalising it. the revenue in tax would be offset by the costs to society (impaired accidents, health costs, etc.)

sweboy
sweatshops eh... i like the way you think huxton!

Black Ink
03-22-2009, 04:09 PM
weed should not be legal, and from a whats good for society standpoint, neither should alcohol.

Woo bring back prohibition and organized crime!

Actually the govt. did something similiar in the 30's in the first place to "outlaw" marijuana. It put into place the marijuana stamp act. If you had the stamp on your marijuana goods it meant you could sell it and it was taxed. However obtaining the tax was highly difficult and pretty much impossible and basically trying to get the stamp lead to your arrest.

kitsch
03-22-2009, 04:10 PM
true the cost of freedom in general is too high lets put everyone in sweatshops for maximum productivity who needs individual liberty man

im personally a libertarian and think people should do whatever the **** they want but when you consider society as a whole whats best is entirely different.

Kuffuffled

this is one reason you are dumb but yes sir i believe there are many more

Accept truth as authority, not authority as truth

lame but effective quote

TimJim
fine.

weed takes away motivation. ive witnessed this firsthand. it also stays in your system 72x longer than alcohol. it bogs you down even after the effects have worn off. this is due to the fact that thc is fat soluable. guess whats over 99% fat? your brain. you know how theres some truth in every joke? look no further than tommy chong.

weed impairs judgement and motor skills, and effects your health. i see no benefit to society by legalising it. the revenue in tax would be offset by the costs to society (impaired accidents, health costs, etc.)yes. it is certainly not good for you. but neither are cigs and caffeine.

too much caffeine can implode your heart, yet we give it to kids. cigs rape your lungs, yet its cool to smoke. cigars and pipe tobacco can give you mouth cancers, but they taste too good to give up :(

kitsch
03-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Woo bring back prohibition and organized crime!

during prohibition only a very small percentage of people drank. after a generation of the ban it could be almost completely phased out.

im not for this at all, im just saying that it costs society plenty.

kitsch
03-22-2009, 04:12 PM
yes. it is certainly not good for you. but neither are cigs and caffeine.

too much caffeine can implode your heart, yet we give it to kids. cigs rape your lungs, yet its cool to smoke. cigars and pipe tobacco can give you mouth cancers, but they taste too good to give up :(

so why legalise more **** and make the problem worse?

Huxton
03-22-2009, 04:12 PM
im personally a libertarianum no you arent

and think people should do whatever the **** they want but when you consider society as a whole whats best is entirely different.

if everything is for the good of society why do we have freedom at all i mean its a pretty detrimental thing to society as a whole when you consider all the awesome stuff we could build if the government just enslaved us

Huxton
03-22-2009, 04:13 PM
do you even know what a libertarian is

Already_Taken
03-22-2009, 04:15 PM
huxton don't you have anything better to do with your time? for the ****ing love of god dude

kitsch
03-22-2009, 04:17 PM
do you even know what a libertarian is

come up with a counter argument.

my personal beliefs are prob not good to be applied to a big society

Huxton
03-22-2009, 04:18 PM
no its sunday evening what do you want me to do

sweboy
huxton don't you have anything better to do with your time? for the ****ing love of god dude

hey wtf man don't hate on the player for enjoying his posting experience here on sputnik music

TimJim
huxton=chad
chad=nothing to do all day

Black Ink
03-22-2009, 04:19 PM
during prohibition only a very small percentage of people drank. after a generation of the ban it could be almost completely phased out.

You can't seriously believe that. Canada alone exported nearly a million kegs of just whiskey to the States every year during prohibition.

Huxton
03-22-2009, 04:19 PM
come up with a counter argument.

my personal beliefs are prob not good to be applied to a big society
i did though maybe you missed it

if everything is for the good of society why do we have freedom at all i mean its a pretty detrimental thing to society as a whole when you consider all the awesome stuff we could build if the government just enslaved us

this is your logic applied to something else in a way that demonstrates its retardedness

ps actual libertarians dont believe in social schemes like healthcare so the 'damage to society' is non-existent

Jawaharal
03-22-2009, 04:43 PM
really no point in legalizing it

its really easy to get as it is, plus public smoking laws would prevent you from smoking a fat blunt in public anways

Huxton
03-22-2009, 04:48 PM
yeah theres no point apart from all the people who are spending long periods of time in jail because its illegal

but true other than that no point at all

(*The Noonward Race*)
03-22-2009, 04:54 PM
true thats the best reason for legalization, along with reducing it's involvement with criminals by letting the criminals do the crimes so people who want to relax can stop hanging around with drug dealers

Already_Taken
03-22-2009, 04:55 PM
that's a good point noony. guns scare me :(

oogaboogabooga
03-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Been to Amsterdam? its clearly not causing them all to die or go insane and stuff... in fact, because they embrace it, people have adopted a sensible attitude toward it.
Then again, the same can be said about alcohol worldwide, most places have a sensible attitude toward drinking, and enjoy it (like local people in amsterdam do with weed) i guess though, we hardly have a sensible attitude toward drinking in UK, and the states too, although, i've no experience in drinking there...
i know i went to amsterdam last year and took on the typically british attitude and got immensely wrecked all day everyday i was there. So, meh.

(*The Noonward Race*)
03-22-2009, 04:56 PM
another thing, by nature of it being a psychoactive substance it's a bad situation for people trying to enjoy it when they know that other people would like break down your door and take away all of your freedoms for years if they could. lucky they can't usually. but the stigma is important to note because it really can cause paranoia, and proly is amplified when people take it, turning people off

Gattsu347
03-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Massive Attack + Visualizer + Bong load to the dome of the bay area's finest = Brain sex

Iskandar
03-22-2009, 05:37 PM
maybe decriminalization for up to an ounce of possesion. but in no way should growing or distributing be legal. the gov shouldnt sell it. no one should sell it. legalising weed is laughable.Why not? If law-abiding citizens don't sell it criminals will.

mph4ever
03-22-2009, 05:56 PM
i've read some of this and i can't believe that some people argue for weed being illegal.

you are either into drink or you are not, you are either into chocolate or you are not, you are into fast food or you are not, you are into model making or you are not, you are into fishing or you are not, you are into porn or you are not, you are into wanking or you are not, you are either into weed or you are not.

if you are not into weed then levae the weed heads alone, they do no harm. the lack of regulation is what does harm, not the consumption

thickasabrick
03-22-2009, 06:13 PM

Hah, I'd like to see where you got those facts from.

Prohibition didn't work simply because everyone did drink alcohol, and prohibition did nothing more than turn the common man into a criminal and the criminal into a billionaire.

Wood Nacho
03-22-2009, 06:14 PM
I used to be a daily smoker. It was fun, but after a while it really started to mess with my head and I just felt burnt-out/brain-dead nearly all the time. Cutting back was actually pretty easy, now I only smoke about once or twice every couple of weeks and my energy level has definitely increased and I enjoy/appreciate the magical marijuana high much more. I mainly just use it to boost my musical creativity :smoke:. Marijuana is a great medicine, but you need to treat it with respect!

Strange how the one of the most useful (if not THE MOST useful) plant on the entire planet is illegal.

Those who have not seen the documentary 'The Union: Business Behind Getting High' I highly suggest you go and see it.

Aaron
03-22-2009, 06:16 PM
I for one smoke weed maybe once a year, so sit the fence, but I really detest the attitude by people that it's fine for you. I don't care if someone smokes occasionally, it's their choice, but they need to be honest about what they're doing to their body.

McP3000
03-22-2009, 06:17 PM
I used to be a daily smoker. It was fun, but after a while it really started to mess with my head and I just felt burnt-out/brain-dead nearly all the time. Cutting back was actually pretty easy, now I only smoke about once or twice every couple of weeks and my energy level has definitely increased and I enjoy/appreciate the magical marijuana high much more. I mainly just use it to boost my musical creativity :smoke:. Marijuana is a great medicine, but you need to treat it with respect!

Strange how the one of the most useful (if not THE MOST useful) plant on the entire planet is illegal.

Those who have not seen the d0cumentary 'The Union: Business Behind Getting High' I highly suggest you go and see it.
i whole heartily agree with the first paragraph

second two are bullshit

Wood Nacho
03-22-2009, 06:22 PM
i whole heartily agree with the first paragraph

second two are bullpoop

explain urself fellar!

McP3000
03-22-2009, 06:23 PM
how the hell is marijuana at all useful when compared to plants such as trees, crops, and ACTUAL medicines?

The second thing just sounds dumb

Aaron
03-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Corn is useful, it makes food and ethanol. Mull just gets you stoned.

Jawaharal
03-22-2009, 06:26 PM
I just wish shrooms were legal

McP3000
03-22-2009, 06:26 PM
man i did shrooms once

thats definitely something you should do every once and awhile. that **** burnt me out.

Brew
03-22-2009, 06:27 PM
shrooms are fun every now and again, i've had a couple of crappy times on them though which really sucked

RouteOne
03-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Dirty hippies that have weed memorabilia should be tortured to death but other than that it should be legalized.

Wood Nacho
03-22-2009, 06:32 PM
how the hell is marijuana at all useful when compared to plants such as trees, crops, and ACTUAL medicines?

You got me.
I should have said 'natural medicines'.

But I still have to recommend the documetary.:smash:

(*The Noonward Race*)
03-22-2009, 06:32 PM

it is an actual medicine lol

sweboy
03-22-2009, 06:40 PM
but see it doesn't count as a medicine if you enjoy taking it

RouteOne
03-22-2009, 06:41 PM
but see it doesn't count as a medicine if you enjoy taking it

Perhaps you haven't heard of the Holy Eucharist, heathen.

guitarded_chuck
03-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Shrooms are awesome. totalmind****

(*The Noonward Race*)
03-22-2009, 06:48 PM
ergh thats one way to describe it

Gattsu347
03-22-2009, 06:48 PM

marijuana eases the mind, soul, and spirit. it helps with glaucoma. It increases appetite.

Trees? it creates oxygen
Crops? Hemp makes better rope then manila or cotton and is worth 700x more because of the flower, marijuana. Oils taken from hemp can be made into a biofuel, or bio lubricant. The potential for hemp as a "useful" crop are huge. Not to mention it can be grown at anytime of the year, indoors, and is finished in roughly 2 months depending on the strain and how large you want your plants to grow.

MJ as a medicine is something you have to discover on your own. imo, it is an enhancer. If your feeling good, it makes that feeling amplified slightly. if something is funny, you laugh more. if something is sad, its more depressing, if you're in deep thought, you think deeper. MJ is spiritual for me, it may not before other people, mainly because they are too busy denouncing it to enjoy it. of course, moderation is always needed with anything.

the most important thing about MJ, as far as the state is concerned, is it's ability to generate revenue. A Bushel of apples is 42 pounds and costs about $80. A CHEAP price for 42 pounds of MJ is $100,000. Tax it, export it to countries that follow suit (they will) and 42 pounds of bud makes the country money.

a more accurate 42 pound price is around $180,000

Huxton
03-22-2009, 06:52 PM
who cares anyway it could be the worst thing in the world for you it still shouldnt be illegal all of these arguments are gay

guitarded_chuck
03-22-2009, 06:54 PM
What he said. (gattsu)

And one of the biggest differences between cannabis as medicine compared to many others is the effects on the liver. Cannabis does not affect the liver, whereas many other drugs completely **** your liver. Since cannabis is usually prescribed for patients with extreme pain or with cancers etc., and these patients are likely already on a handful of drugs that mess up their liver. Anything they can use to help with sleeping or appetite that will not harm their systems further is a plus.

Black Ink
03-22-2009, 06:58 PM
The funny part is THC can be synthesized and taken in pill form so the aruement for marijuana use as a medicinal drug is pretty stupid.

Smoking a drug is also a poor way to take it.

guitarded_chuck
03-22-2009, 07:13 PM
The funny part is THC can be synthesized and taken in pill form so the aruement for marijuana use as a medicinal drug is pretty stupid.

Smoking a drug is also a poor way to take it.

Yea you're right. I'm sure if the patient has this option they certainly take it. In Cali they offer THC infused gum and candies.

(*The Noonward Race*)
03-22-2009, 07:14 PM
who cares anyway it could be the worst thing in the world for you it still shouldnt be illegal all of these arguments are gay
do you believe all or some of narcotics should be illegal/legal?

Huxton
03-22-2009, 07:38 PM
it should all be legal people need to be free to choose badly

(*The Noonward Race*)
03-22-2009, 07:40 PM
so they die? like eventually?

Huxton
03-22-2009, 07:41 PM
everyone dies

but just because something is legal doesnt mean there isnt help available

like there is with alcohol already

gaslightanthem
03-22-2009, 09:33 PM
most of these arguments are pointless so i'm gonna pretty much pronounce this thread quite high up there on the homo scale

RouteOne
03-22-2009, 09:37 PM
marijuana eases the mind, soul, and spirit. it helps with glaucoma. It increases appetite.

Trees? it creates oxygen
Crops? Hemp makes better rope then manila or cotton and is worth 700x more because of the flower, marijuana. Oils taken from hemp can be made into a biofuel, or bio lubricant. The potential for hemp as a "useful" crop are huge. Not to mention it can be grown at anytime of the year, indoors, and is finished in roughly 2 months depending on the strain and how large you want your plants to grow.

MJ as a medicine is something you have to discover on your own. imo, it is an enhancer. If your feeling good, it makes that feeling amplified slightly. if something is funny, you laugh more. if something is sad, its more depressing, if you're in deep thought, you think deeper. MJ is spiritual for me, it may not before other people, mainly because they are too busy denouncing it to enjoy it. of course, moderation is always needed with anything.

the most important thing about MJ, as far as the state is concerned, is it's ability to generate revenue. A Bushel of apples is 42 pounds and costs about $80. A CHEAP price for 42 pounds of MJ is $100,000. Tax it, export it to countries that follow suit (they will) and 42 pounds of bud makes the country money.

a more accurate 42 pound price is around $180,000
lol

McP3000
03-22-2009, 09:40 PM
yeah he's pretty deluded

RouteOne
03-22-2009, 09:41 PM
stop it Harrison I love you

Big Muff
03-22-2009, 09:46 PM
marijuana = good
drugs = bad

RouteOne
03-22-2009, 09:49 PM
weed is a drug you dope

lol get it dope

willfellmarsy
03-22-2009, 10:22 PM
anybody have real answers or a link somewhere for how long it takes to clear the system and any real methods to quicken its evacuation? I stopped smoking 60 days before my drug test will occur, but i've read thc can stay up to 90 days...any help would b much obliged from you, the educated MXers...

TimJim
03-22-2009, 10:26 PM
pee and poop as much as possible

Manic_
03-22-2009, 10:29 PM
pee and poop as much as possible
this.

drink alot of water and go jogging, THC stores itself in fat and is not soluble in water so the more fat you burn the better

willfellmarsy
03-22-2009, 10:36 PM
yea that's wut i've been doing/will b doing...i read about vitamin b and something thats in red bull (i think with an "n") helping as well...

Wood Nacho
03-22-2009, 10:42 PM
anybody have real answers or a link somewhere for how long it takes to clear the system and any real methods to quicken its evacuation? I stopped smoking 60 days before my drug test will occur, but i've read thc can stay up to 90 days...any help would b much obliged from you, the educated MXers...

Exercise, my friend, exercise.

Circumsi... I mean.. exercise.

Chances are, after 60 days, you should be clean.

TimJim
03-22-2009, 10:43 PM
yea that's wut i've been doing/will b doing...i read about vitamin b and something thats in red bull (i think with an "n") helping as well...niacin. it wont do anything though...just make you piss.

do lots of caffeine and stimulants like that to make your systemme runn faster and burn more fat too

thickasabrick
03-22-2009, 11:47 PM

I was taught that the half-life of THC in the body is 5 days.

This means that after 5 days half of the THC in your body is gone, after another 5 days half of that is gone etc.

This may sound like a good thing, but if you smoked pot daily for several years it would take months or maybe years to get all of the THC out of your system.

willfellmarsy
03-23-2009, 12:05 AM
i smoked daily for about a month and once every couple weeks previous to that since september (with a bunch of extended breaks during that time) so i shud be ok in that respect...i have this job every summer i just smoked a lot more often leading up to my break this year than last so im a little nervous...

hismajestythepope
03-23-2009, 12:38 AM
I smoke pretty frequently. Two very reliable dealers live near me. Heil.

GorgeousGabe
03-23-2009, 01:17 AM
because we dont need to fill up the jail cells with people smoking weed esp. in an economic recession, duh.

but it still shouldnt be encouraged in the slightest.

Well SOME jail cells, but most people in prison are not there for anything having anything to do with marijuana

Yet we still spend billions of dollars busting growers and dealers, and yes, there are a LOT OF people in jail for MJ related offenses... but considering we are the poster child of prison states (bigger prison population than anywhere else in the world by far) relatively speaking, MJ is not one of the big ones that people are in prison for

GorgeousGabe
03-23-2009, 01:21 AM
And yeah medicinally speaking weed can work wonders.

Kitsch, you wanted someone to convince you that weed should be legalized? OK

Maybe I'm going about this in a roundabout way, but if you consider for a moment how many annual deaths prescription medications are responsible for... well OK, weed is a natural substance that can help treat lots of mental disorders and physical ailment, and nobody dies of it, EVER. It's a helluva lot cheaper than popping pills, too.

as far as impairment of judgment, well... I know for a fact that I have done a lot stupider **** on alcohol than on marijuana. Arguing that it should be illegal is kind of making the case that drugs should be illegal, and arguing that drugs should be illegal is arguing that alcohol should be illegal because it is a very dangerous drug

hismajestythepope
03-23-2009, 01:32 AM
Dealers go to prison.

GorgeousGabe
03-23-2009, 01:49 AM
yeah but not for that long, not generally

for example-

my roommate's father is a criminal defense lawyer. He was representing someone and asked if she had any past convictions. she said she spent 2 or 3 years in prison (can't remember exactly). he said what for. she said for dealing weed.

he said, 'wow! three years for weed? how much did you have?'

to which her reply is,

'a barge'

so to give you an idea, to get serious jail time for marijuana you need to be dealing a barge's worth of the stuff

hismajestythepope
03-23-2009, 02:06 AM
COOL

It's still a waste of taxpayer money.

We could like, make money off of weed as a good, and save DEA and prison funding for **** that actually matters.

Nosferatu
03-23-2009, 02:48 AM
I enjoy smoking marijuana, but I've been smoking it enough to know the downsides:

THC ****s with white blood cells which really screws with your immune system. Are you a pothead? Ever notice that a small cold will last for weeks? It's because your white blood cells can't fight bacteria anymore.

this can also be solved if you don't crying to your doctor everytime you get a little tommyache or fever, b/c they give you antibiotics which in turn weakens your immune system just the same. i smoke and rarely ever get sick. maybe once a year i'll get a couple days where i'm feeling bad. in fact, the only people i've known in my life who actually get sick on a regular basis, are people who go to doctors and get prescriptions on a regular basis. but all that's for another topic...

Smoking marijuana is bad for your mouth (gums, tongue etc) your throat, and your lungs. Eating marijuana skips this problem, but since THC only dissolves in fat, you are forced to eat fatty foods just to get high...also unhealthy.

smoking cigs are bad for your lungs as well. chewing tobacco is bad for your mouth, gums, etc as well. alcohol is very bad for your liver. why is pot singled out here?

Marijuana makes it hard to concentrate, both when you are high and when you've come down. You may want to take a toke after a long day of work or school...but later when you try to study for your math or philosophy exam you'll waste a lot more time because your mind is all over the place.

that's why you should be smart and not toke up before you study for a math exam or go to work, etc. anyone who's smoked before and still cares about their responsibilities knows this.

Marijuana makes it feel "okay" to be bored, and thus some people never pursue new hobbies or interests, and they are ultimately very boring to hang out with.

i agree with the first part. it does make you feel "okay" to be bored if you do it too much, but the same can be said about alcohol. but i don't agree with the second part.

Marijuana supplies gangs and the black market with money and the government wastes even more money trying to fight it. Nuff said.

That being said, legalize it and use it in moderation alongside a healthy lifestyle.

i say AT LEAST DECRIMINALIZE IT. legalize it? sure, i'm all for it. i don't think there's any reason for cannabis to be illegal while alcohol is perfectly fine. but i don't see cannabis being legalized anytime soon, so i'm pushing more for decriminilization than anything.

hismajestythepope
03-23-2009, 03:06 AM
I smoke all the time, but I make sure I get necessary nutrients and am thus healthy.

burtonbassist_102
03-23-2009, 03:13 AM
don't smoke it, don't really wanna, but i think that it really needs to be legalized.

Kuffuffled
03-23-2009, 03:28 AM
The only negative health effects of pot is decreasing your short term memory, and depending how much you smoke it will return to normal in a year or less. Big window yes but there's different smoking amounts between everyone

RouteOne
03-23-2009, 08:10 AM
well theres also the problem of inhaling smoke into your lungs ja

RetiredAt21
03-23-2009, 09:26 AM
I smoke all the time and I see no harm. No one has ever died directly from the result of smoking weed.

Iskandar
03-23-2009, 10:18 AM
I smoke all the time, but I make sure I get necessary nutrients and am thus healthy.
The only negative health effects of pot is decreasing your short term memory
I smoke all the time and I see no harm.Gentlemen I enjoy a good bowl as much as the next man but you guys don't know much about pot.

It's a drug. Drugs are not healthy.

Alcohol for example is a drug and it's not healthy either.

Just because marijuana isn't lethal doesn't mean it's not harmful. After a lifetime of toking you've probably done almost as much damage to your lungs as the average smoker.

McP3000
03-23-2009, 10:33 AM
id say the average casual smoker inhales more cigarette smoke/tar than the average casual pot smoker inhales marijuana smoke/tar

but id have to completely agree with your notion than many of the potheads that are justifying their excessive use are misguided

RetiredAt21
03-23-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm not trying to justify ****, I'm just saying I smoke weed a lot.

Iskandar
03-23-2009, 10:46 AM
id say the average casual smoker inhales more cigarette smoke/tar than the average casual pot smoker inhales marijuana smoke/tar

but id have to completely agree with your notion than many of the potheads that are justifying their excessive use are misguidedMaybe they inhale less smoke but isn't pot smoke worse for you because it contains more tar and chemicals and stuff.

Already_Taken
03-23-2009, 11:17 AM
i would say as pot gets better and better that weed smokers smoke much less than cigarette smokers. i can take 2-3 hits and i'm good for 2-4 hours.

Iskandar
03-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Impressive.

I'm reading that vapourizers eliminate a great deal of the harmful effects.

McP3000
03-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Vaporizers are surprisingly healthy (comparatively), and bongs are also fairly healthier than joints and straight up pipes.

'm not trying to justify ****, I'm just saying I smoke weed a lot.
i also wasnt really talking about you

Iskandar
03-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Vaporizers are surprisingly healthy (comparatively), and bongs are also fairly healthier than joints and straight up pipes.I have always wanted a nice water bong.

McP3000
03-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Getting a nice water bong is the best thing imo.

they're the funnest to smoke out of, not to mention they are the most aesthetically pleasing. Vaporizers are efficient and effective, but they aren't as fun and are ugly as hell.

Already_Taken
03-23-2009, 11:27 AM
vaporizers give a completely different (not bad) high. i like bongs, but i always take way too much and cough my *** off and get really ripped and can't move.

i prefer the good old pipe :)

Crapdragoon
03-23-2009, 11:48 AM
I have always wanted a nice water bong.

if you get one, make sure it has an ice catcher, the smoke feels so good cold :)

FIGHTCRIMEALLTHETIME
03-23-2009, 12:29 PM
ya i smoke pot when i can but its really the least of my problems and tbh i dont give a shi if its legal or not
the only reason i would want it to be legalized is so all the dumbasses who are against it would have to shut up about it

(*The Noonward Race*)
03-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Gentlemen I enjoy a good bowl as much as the next man but you guys don't know much about pot.

Just because marijuana isn't lethal doesn't mean it's not harmful. After a lifetime of toking you've probably done almost as much damage to your lungs as the average smoker.
ya but you get way more bang for your mild psychedelic self

GorgeousGabe
03-23-2009, 01:08 PM
this can also be solved if you don't crying to your doctor everytime you get a little tommyache or fever, b/c they give you antibiotics which in turn weakens your immune system just the same. i smoke and rarely ever get sick. maybe once a year i'll get a couple days where i'm feeling bad. in fact, the only people i've known in my life who actually get sick on a regular basis, are people who go to doctors and get prescriptions on a regular basis. but all that's for another topic...

HELL YES.

i agree with the first part. it does make you feel "okay" to be bored if you do it too much, but the same can be said about alcohol. but i don't agree with the second part.

I dunno. I always like to do things on weed. Mind you when I say 'things' I don't always mean responsibilities or work, but I don't just stay bored. I watch movies, play scrabble, talk on the phone, write songs, write stories, sing, etc- I keep myself very occupied

Gentlemen I enjoy a good bowl as much as the next man but you guys don't know much about pot.

Whoah whoah whoah. First of all, while you're not exactly wrong, you're most certainly not exact right either. While yes you are pumping your lungs full of smoke, you are NOT pumping your lungs full of the same toxic chemical carcinogens as a smoker

Second of all, that is not a cause of marijuana... it is the cause of smoke. Marijuana is not unhealthy. Smoke is. There is more than one way to skin a cat, you know

Already_Taken
03-23-2009, 01:10 PM
marijuana pills suck tbh, they just suck

the act of smoking is half of the relaxing part to me, i just like to smoke

GorgeousGabe
03-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Yes but you can smoke through vapourizers, or you can cook it into tea, or into cookies or brownies or anything really- all are different highs, but there are many methods that will not hurt your lungs

guitarded_chuck
03-23-2009, 01:21 PM
If it were just as efficient as smoking I would probably make cook it into some form or another all the time. But to use more of the stuff to get anything out of it when ingesting it vs smoking it.

niobium
03-23-2009, 01:22 PM
michael phelps is one healthy man

about to enjoy a fine bowl of some not so fine stuff

GorgeousGabe
03-23-2009, 01:48 PM
there are ways to cook it to make it really potent. You just gotta do it right. or so I hear, I have never baked weed into anything

wartomods
03-23-2009, 02:15 PM
If they legalize marijuana they must legalize other drugs, it would be awsome to buy amphetamines with no prescription.

TimJim
03-23-2009, 03:23 PM
like adderall

RouteOne
03-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Ok guys line up against the wall I'm checking all of your backpacks for marijuana smoking devices

kitsch
03-23-2009, 03:26 PM
If it were just as efficient as smoking I would probably make cook it into some form or another all the time. But to use more of the stuff to get anything out of it when ingesting it vs smoking it.

my friend has this recipe to make a joints worth of weed go for a batch of brownies and one brownie gets u pretty high.

guitarded_chuck
03-23-2009, 03:38 PM
well then make sure to hook a brudda up with that recipe

kitsch
03-23-2009, 03:42 PM
im pretty sure he got it online. ill ask him for a link or somethin

Wood Nacho
03-23-2009, 05:14 PM
You guys know about firecrackers? They're one of the easier edibles to make and they get you pretty stoned.

I'm too lazy to write it all out, but essentially it is two crackers with peanut butter in between, nug in the middle, put it in the over at around 320F (i think) and after a while (before they burn) take them out and chow down. The THC gets soaked up into the fat of the peanut butter. I suggest you google it as I am terrible at explaining things.

hismajestythepope
03-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Fire crackers are legit.

RouteOne
03-23-2009, 05:26 PM
what a bunch of losers!

!!!

sweboy
03-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Marijuhana has been known to kill a dude.

Kuffuffled
03-23-2009, 05:53 PM
There's quite a bit of misinformation about pot but in reality there's no recordings of deaths or anything of sort from pot. Considering it's healing powers and being an easy cure for cancer the pharmacuetical companys would hate for it to be used instead of their expensive deadly "medicines"

sweboy
03-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Marijuhana - the easy cure for cancer

GorgeousGabe
03-23-2009, 06:39 PM
I haven't heard about that one yeah no

but I insist its good for you

ridethelib
03-23-2009, 06:42 PM
I don't think it's "good" for you, but it will be my preferred choice of pain management when I'm old if I have a condition that puts me in a lot of pain.

Jawaharal
03-23-2009, 06:43 PM
I don't see how pot is good for you unless you have some serious health issues.

GorgeousGabe
03-23-2009, 06:46 PM
because it eases your mind and your pain...? I mean...?

ridethelib
03-23-2009, 06:47 PM
Like I said, I would choose to use it to manage pain over pharmaceuticals.

Maybe by that time however they'll have figured a way to put endorphins in pill form, by far the best way to go.

GorgeousGabe
03-23-2009, 06:47 PM
just exercise

ridethelib
03-23-2009, 06:48 PM
u retard i'm talking about when i'm old and in a lot of pain exercising probably wont be an option

McP3000
03-23-2009, 06:49 PM
so you're saying that youre going to smoke pot forever?

nice

ridethelib
03-23-2009, 06:53 PM
so you're saying that youre going to smoke pot forever?

nice

no i don't smoke pot except on rare occasions

but if in old age i get prescribed **** like oxycontin or percocet or morphine for pain management i'll just go fill it sell the pills and get some weed instead **** opiates

Jonny
03-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Now for my opinion, which many will no doubt disagree with.

A lot of people at a young age start doing weed as a form of rebellion, because it's illegal. There's peer pressure and ''come on, no one will find out, man! be cool'' If weed were legal, this form of teenage rebellion would become obsolete (do kids ever get more than a slap on the wrist if they're caught smoking cigarettes) so kids will have to find new ways to be bad... like other, harder drugs. Like heroin or cocaine.

The way things are, kids can still rebel with few negative side effects, grown ups can still smoke pot, because lets be honest, the government really doesn't give a **** if you're doing it, and everyone else can carry on completely unaffected by the whole silly ordeal.

Nosferatu
03-24-2009, 02:13 AM
I don't see how pot is good for you unless you have some serious health issues.

and how is tobacco good for you? that's legal. what about alcohol? guess what? that's legal, also. cannabis has more medicinal purpose as either of those drugs, and yet, it's illegal. something doesn't smell right...

The way things are, kids can still rebel with few negative side effects, grown ups can still smoke pot, because lets be honest, the government really doesn't give a **** if you're doing it, and everyone else can carry on completely unaffected by the whole silly ordeal.

and that's why thousands upon thousands of people are in jail for marijuana possession, and us taxpayers are footing the bill...

GorgeousGabe
03-24-2009, 02:16 AM
I don't pay taxes *shrug*

Jonny
03-24-2009, 04:21 AM
and that's why thousands upon thousands of people are in jail for marijuana possession, and us taxpayers are footing the bill...

Thousands and thousands? Out of the millions and millions of people who do it?

CarnageFairy
03-24-2009, 04:47 AM
872,721 arrests in 2007, to be exact.

829,625 the year before...

And 786,545 in '05.

I mean, that's more than a few thousands. This has been going on for quite a while btw.

For 1970-2004:
http://www.briancbennett.com/charts/fed-data/pot-arrests.htm

All those arrests, 16,594,998, plus the ones above puts the total at 19,083,889. Tax dollars at work here.

CarnageFairy
03-24-2009, 04:58 AM
You don't have to do time in prison for your life to be ****ed up by the court system. Fines, court dates, probation, drug tests, classes, more court dates. It can keep you from getting jobs. People that get caught growing a couple of plants for themselves can get thrown in jail for 5, 10 years on manufacturing charges.

Not some gangsta *** mother****er with topless hookers bagging up dope 24/7 but just some dude that doesn't want to deal with high school kids or thuggish wannabes to get a sack now and then.

Imagine getting hauled into court as a criminal because you like to drink on the weekends or to unwind after work.

There is no difference between smoking a joint and having a beer or two, except one is illegal and has been demonized by 'straight' society for the past 80 years while completely accepting the other.

Jonny
03-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Well then don't get caught. It's not like it's difficult. Unless you're too stoned to care. Which is ironic when you think about it.

GorgeousGabe
03-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Carnage is actually right. While I did argue that few marijuana offenses put you in prison for any serious amount of time, I wasn't thinking that even so, nearly a million people a year are arrested for the stuff and put through the legal system, which is a tax burden for country and a life burden for victim all unto itself. No one needs to go to jail for it to be superfluous and ridiculous and horrible

mistersnitch
08-07-2009, 09:40 PM
that is wildly inappropriate, horseman.

JohnXDoesn't
08-07-2009, 10:41 PM
yeah dude. *serious posts only*

can't you read? :p

horseypie
08-07-2009, 10:51 PM
im sorry guys

i cleaned it up though

Badmoon
08-08-2009, 02:36 AM
When I got on probabtion, it took me awhile to get off weed. I was selling it -- so that made the whole ordeal a bit more difficult.

But I think it was a positive thing for me to quit. Sh*t stays in your system for a while.

Unfortunatley, I drink everyday, and that has not been as easy to get away from as weed was.

But I plan on going cold-turkey on a couple of drugs next week.