PDA

View Full Version : Avatar - b2x12 neo cab

AcerbicCunnt77
03-21-2007, 04:11 PM
I've waited over a year to do a review on this cab. For 300 dollars, it's done it's job. Got what I paid for, and that's about it.

First impressions: I thought the thing rocked, it was sounded clear, not too boomy, not too wimpy. It was light and was everything I wanted in a cab. Dave was great to deal with and I couldn't of been happier.

Year later: The warranty has ended and I feel like it could die any day now.
I have taken nothing but the best of care of it and now the carpet is peeling off, the speaker dust cap has bent in and the grille has never been off. The wiring had to be redone. I took out the crossover tweeter cos it sounded horribly hissy.

I would not buy another avatar cab; and would only reccomend to someone who was broke and needed something to just "do the job".
bottom line is you get what you pay for.

overall rating: 2.5

Weezer
06-07-2007, 05:48 PM
I find it very hard to believe that the dust cap just bent on its own. They are thick and sturdy. The carpet peeling is plausible, but not very likely if you really take as good of care of it as you claim. Avatars are very well known for their crossover issues, don't be surprised.

AcerbicCunnt77
06-10-2007, 12:33 PM
I find it very hard to believe that the dust cap just bent on its own. They are thick and sturdy. The carpet peeling is plausible, but not very likely if you really take as good of care of it as you claim. Avatars are very well known for their crossover issues, don't be surprised.

I can be almost certain that it did. I have never removed the grill and anything small enough to fit through the grill would have punctured it. It's never been anywhere but in my room or in the car on the way to shows and I'm the only one who ever moves it. I would know at the time if I had done any of these things to it.

I don't wait a year to BS :smash:

Weezer
06-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Well, I'm open to any logical ways it could have bent on its own. :smash: