PDA

View Full Version : Bio

Varment
12-07-2006, 02:46 AM
I have to write a bit about my band for a magazine and dont really know how to write it, might just be because its morning, but any help? cheers xx

Varment
12-07-2006, 03:03 AM
ooo i wrote 1 tell me what you think

We are a young original 5 piece from Swindon, not really sticking to a particular style but are lately influenced a lot by reggae and ska. We've been playing together now for nearly 2 years, we have 1 cd and we're off to record another in the Christmas holidays. We've played many gigs all over Swindon our favourite gig was Swindon Youth festival where we got such an amazing response, it was lovely weather too.
Peace
Pandas xxx

And the pic is 1 from youth festival

slpntrx5
12-07-2006, 06:57 AM
ooo i wrote 1 tell me what you think

(Band name here) (is/are, depending on whether you're a "the" band or not) a young original 5 piece from Swindon, they prefer no to stick to a particular style, but have lately been influenced by a myriad of reggae and ska. They have been playing together for nearly 2 years, and have 1 cd. They will be off to the studio to record another album during the Christmas holidays. They have played many gigs all over Swindon, a favourite gig spot being Swindon Youth festival where there was an absolutely amazing response. The weather was very nice as well.
Peace
Pandas xxx

And the pic is 1 from youth festival

fix'd :thumb: lemme know whatcha think.

NOTES:

edit: i just noticed i used "they" way too much. just take a few of those out and put in your band name every once in a while.

and is
"Peace
Pandas xxx"

part of the Bio too?

yeah, since you're writing for a publication, i formalized the hell out of it. it needs to sound like you're a reporter talking about the band, unless the theme of the article is "hey, here's what this guy has to say about his band!"

hope i helped :chug:

edit 2: i know you said you don't want to stick to a particular style, but it would be really helpful to the readers/potential fans to know vaguely what kind of music you are. i mean, you don't want a metalhead coming to one of your shows, hating it because you're not metal, and creating a bad image for your band, all because he didn't know what kind of music you play, amirite?

okay, i think i'm done now. post your next revision if you want more help. ;)

Varment
12-07-2006, 02:19 PM
nah not really need to be formal as its a college mag

Varment
12-07-2006, 02:36 PM
ok ok we are ska/reggae/indie with blues, funk and alternitive influences or what ever else we feel like at the time

slpntrx5
12-07-2006, 04:17 PM
say you're ska. ska pwns all those other genres.

ska is hyped up on superpwn juice.

booyah.

La Revolucion
12-07-2006, 06:54 PM
We are an original 5 piece band from Swindon who are influenced a lot by reggae and ska. We've been playing together now for nearly 2 years, have 1 album released and are set to record another over the Christmas holidays. We've played many gigs all over Swindon but our best gig was The Swindon Youth festival, where we got an amazing response.
There's what you should say.

Boxman
12-11-2006, 11:44 AM
an album, not 1 album