PDA

View Full Version : 13" Zidljain K/A Mastersound Hi-Hats

CofDdrums12
10-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Product?
Zildjian 13" Hi-Hats: K Series Top/A Series Mastersound bottom

Total Price?
$275

Was very much in the market for hi-hats when I went to Guitar Center. I was trying out everything they had. This happened to be already paired up in the cymbal room - I didn't even notice the A Mastersound bottom for quite some time. A few other pairs (14" A Quick-Beats, 13" K Series (both top and bottom)) sounded really good, but this set sounded the best to me while listening to others play it. The whole idea of it sounds amazing to me - I like the warmth of K's, but the solid chick with A Mastersounds and the control of 13". I've never hear anyone tell me they dislike 'em. So if you're stuck on hi-hats, don't be afraid to try an odd combination such as this one.

Ollie The Drumming Legend
04-04-2007, 06:23 AM
They are very nice hats - I have just the 13" (same reason as you) A custom mastersounds, as they were 2nd hand for around 100 (compared to over 200 new, plus they sound amazing and have grown on me), but the A mastersounds are also amazing IMO. The K/A I have tried and like, but I personally find the K/Z ones horrible - the heaviness of the Z completely outweighs the lovely warmth of the K sound, I find.

Nice review!