PDA

View Full Version : Epifani vs. Schroeder

groundzero
07-31-2006, 01:55 PM
I'll be looking for a new cab in the near future and right now I'm comparing the Epifani UL610 with the Schroeder 21012. Can anyone offer any advice?

Radiobass81
07-31-2006, 02:05 PM
Play them both. That's the best advice someone can give you when you want to buy something that expensive, really.

groundzero
07-31-2006, 02:35 PM
Play them both. That's the best advice someone can give you when you want to buy something that expensive, really.
I'm going to try my best to; but places that sell that kind of high-end stuff are rare around Rochester, NY...

Radiobass81
07-31-2006, 02:39 PM
If you can't play it, don't buy it.

Second best advice I could give, really. Sorry I'm not helping much.

Thonk
07-31-2006, 02:44 PM
Talkbass is really the place to go for stuff like this. I'd say Quatre would be the only one who has played both (bassalone has all kinds of great stuff). There are some users that have one or the other, but I doubt they've tried both.

Now, according to some people over at TB, Epifani's generally have less mids than Schroeders. Schroeder's are pretty mid-heavy..Sorry, but that's really all I know on the subject.

edgebass5
07-31-2006, 03:27 PM
Epifani: Less mids, less efficient.

Schroeder: More mids, more efficient.

Those are the only things IMO that can really be described as being different on these cabs over the internet. There is of course the obvious size and construction differences, but you can find all that by going to the respective websites. Try 'em.... :thumb:

element1
08-01-2006, 12:17 AM
Hey,

I have a schroeder 410 and a 212 and I think they're really great. I haven't had much experience with epifani, but I've heard wonderful things. Make sure you do a proper once over on your cab if/when you get it shipped to you. The 410 had a speaker that was disconnected when I recieved it, but the 212 came just fine. I have a feeling if you go epifani or schroeder you're going to get fine quality stuff, but I know from experience on the schroeders that they sound really punchy with a lot of mids as edgebass5 said.

blizzard
08-01-2006, 03:56 AM
I have a schroeder 1212 and I really like it. I have never been lacking in any department with it. Its also versatile I've run a double bass through it for a trad jazz band and I also use it my hard rock/metal band and it sounds great in both situations.