PDA

View Full Version : Ibanez BTB400QM

lillitnn92
06-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Now known as the BTB450QM in thier new lineup.

I have it in Red Transparent, the Quilted Maple top behind the Red is absolutely stunning to me.

Specs are as follows:

5pc. Maple/ Walnut Neck Material
Basswood w/Quilted Maple top Body
24/Medium frets
Mono- Rail II bridge
Bartolini MK1-4 Neck PU
Bartolini MK1-4 Bridge PU
Pearl Dot Inlay
SN : Hardware Color
Vari-Mid IIIB (18V)
Rosewood Finger Board with 35" neck scale
Neutrik locking jacks

Large image
http://www.zikinf.com/_gfx/matos/dyn/large/a71cc3e860bda7793cbe1e027da50c5c.jpg
Small image
http://www.elton.com.ua/images/BTB400QM%20BB.jpg

I’ve been an Ibanez bass fan for many years after having owned a SR800 back when they came out. I was going to be spending my tax money on a new bass, so I spent two weeks going to the music shops around my area playing everything in my budget. Finally, I picked up the BTB and started playing through their Ampeg combo they had set up. Upon hitting that first open E on the 35” scale I knew something great was about to happen. So I spent the next few seconds tweaking knobs to where I would most likely have them. Wow! The tone was awesome, I grabbed the Vari-Mid IIIB mid frequency knob and I was able to punch up anything from low grumbles to a thin twang with bottom end staying power! It was great. So, since I didn’t look at the price before I picked it up, I thought I had better take a gander. Hmmmm, $500.00 was a little bit out of what I intended on spending. So I sat on the thought for a week. I went back and played it again and decide to get it. I don’t regret it either.

So, out of 5 I give it a 4. Only because I know there are basses out there that are better if you got some money.

PsychoTronn
11-10-2006, 02:59 AM
So, out of 5 I give it a 4. Only because I know there are basses out there that are better if you got some money.

money dosen't mean anything. My $200 Ibanez sounds and plays better than my friends $500 fender bass