PDA

View Full Version : Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus

Rawb
05-13-2006, 05:14 AM
Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus

Let's start out with whats most important about any kind of pedal: How does it sound? Well after playing with it for several hours today and yesterday, I have to say that this pedal provides a very wide range of chorus sounds/effects for your bass. The E. Level (effect level), Low filter, Rate and Depth knobs on the pedal allow you to have all sorts of delicious chorusness.
It's great at what it does, but the only thing I feel remorseful about is that I haven't been able to get that Fretless sound that lots of people talk about. But its a Boss, and we all know they make durable and high quality products. And its color and shape gives it that reputable look. So for sound quality, durability, and reputation, I'll give this a fair 8.5/10.

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/9/5/3/367953.jpg

mfb
05-13-2006, 08:44 AM
How much is it?

How does it compare to other Bass Choruses in the market?

Nice review.

enim
05-13-2006, 08:38 PM
Thats the awesomest color pedal ever, considering its one of the more common ones for bassists.

Is boss trying to tell us something?

Rawb
05-14-2006, 08:18 PM
How much is it?

How does it compare to other Bass Choruses in the market?

Nice review.

I got it for $79.99 at musiciansfriend.com. That a great price considering the fact that a music store here sells pedals like this for $149.95.

How does it compare? Well, I can't honestly tell. All I can say is that its a Boss and you can't go wrong with one. I've never heard anyone talk sh!t about any of Boss's products.

Thanks. I think I'll be posting more reviews because now that I have this stable budget. :thumb:

Mailman
05-15-2006, 01:08 AM
Chorus doesn't give a fretless effect.

How old are you? How long paying bass?

Rawb
05-15-2006, 06:55 PM
Chorus doesn't give a fretless effect.

How old are you? How long paying bass?

In a way, it does. If you dial in the right chorus effect, and blend that in with the right EQ settings, it DOES give a fretless effect. You won't get the clean slide you could only get from a real fretless, but nonetheless, it does gove a fretless effect.

I'm turning 19 in June. Been playing bass for 5 years now. Would you like to know where I live? Where I gig? What time I come home from school? When I'm alone? When my parents aren't around?

MuRd0K
05-15-2006, 10:01 PM
I think he only wants to know if you want to bum-bum.

PsychoTronn
02-16-2007, 02:45 AM
thanks for the review

80sfollowerBass666
06-14-2007, 04:49 AM
I also own that pedal, but i rekon you should get the Digitech X-series chorus pedal because it is much more versatile and has many many more effects. im considering selling my boss chorus for the digitech one (which is also cheaper).

I bought this pedal for about 75 ($145-$150 or something) rip off shop... :angry:

but i still love it, i use it constantly with my 6 string because it makes those high strings have a beautifal sound, especially harmonics. i havent personally tried the digitech but if it sounds awful then buy the boss.