PDA

View Full Version : Questions to Mods.

Pages : [1] 2

Administration
10-18-2002, 11:20 PM
Fire when ready.

We reserve the right to answer any way we want. Consider this a luxury not a right.

Serious questions only. Take this seriously.

Sellout_Cypher
10-18-2002, 11:22 PM
what's 2^2? whoops.... i mean.... who is the owner of this site?

looozer
10-18-2002, 11:23 PM
Okay. Why are so many threads getting closed? I realize that some people are going to get banned for spamming, but this isn't spam, it's serious stuff. I, for one, am still unclear on what exactly is/has been happening. Can you explain this to me, oh great moderator?

Sellout_Cypher
10-18-2002, 11:25 PM
i was actually serious... who owns musicianforums.com?

SpazzMan
10-18-2002, 11:27 PM
Is what punker drummer did earlier (i.e. making threads again and again after theyve been closed) a bannable offense, and if so how severe is the ban? I mean if it isnt something they regularly do, and its just a one off.

PimpDaddyKabZ
Copyright 2000-2002 Jeremy Ferwerda (mx)

bottom of the page

BigBadBooDooDady
Who owns the forums?

mx.

His name is Jeremy somthing

Anyway, in the forums, he is god, the mods are the dictators, and we are the peasants.

SpazzMan
10-18-2002, 11:28 PM
i was actually serious... who owns musicianforums.com?

Jeremey a.k.a 'mx' on the forums

Sellout_Cypher
10-18-2002, 11:28 PM
oh really? does he own mxtabs.net too?

SpazzMan
10-18-2002, 11:30 PM
Yes

SpazzMan
10-18-2002, 11:33 PM
OK I have another. Who are you 'Administration'? Are you Jeremy in a secret disguise, or one of his beefy henchmen? Or other?

ikikdababy
10-18-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by looozer
Okay. Why are so many threads getting closed? I realize that some people are going to get banned for spamming, but this isn't spam, it's serious stuff. I, for one, am still unclear on what exactly is/has been happening. Can you explain this to me, oh great moderator?

I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to but we've been cracking down a little bit on things that we find offensive... For example, I deleted that worthless 'jokes' thread about a week ago because it was nothing more than 120 racial slurs and I didn't care to see it anymore.

BigBadBooDooDady
10-18-2002, 11:36 PM
"Administration" is a s/n shared by most of the mods.

I can remember a couple of times seeing the "Administration" post in the gutiar forum answering questions, then deleteing the post and reposting with their regualr screen names.

Sellout_Cypher
how did these people become mods? are they jeremy's friends in real life or something?

ikikdababy
Originally posted by SpazzMan
OK I have another. Who are you 'Administration'? Are you Jeremy in a secret disguise, or one of his beefy henchmen? Or other?

Administration is all of us. We all have the password and we get on it when something needs to be done anonymously.

SpazzMan
10-18-2002, 11:37 PM
Ah! Gotcha! Its been bugging me as to why someone woulod sign up as 'Administration' and instantly get modship :lol:

ikikdababy
10-18-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Sellout_Cypher
how did these people become mods? are they jeremy's friends in real life or something?

None of the mods have ever actually met mx. Blasck Box saw him at a track meet once and that's closest any of us have been...

Anyway, everyone but me was picked for their activity and useful input in certain areas of the forums.

I was asked to be a mod when these new forums went up as the mods from the old forums had found better things to do or something...

Sellout_Cypher
10-18-2002, 11:41 PM
so if i say....... blah blah blah (that was a substitute for an improving sugestion) i have a chance at being a mod too one day?

PIGS(1 different one)
10-18-2002, 11:46 PM
How many people have been banned for spamming in the last few days?
I am not saying it is bad, just curious.

Sellout_Cypher
10-18-2002, 11:47 PM
i guess i don't have a shot then.

SpazzMan
10-18-2002, 11:49 PM
Have those flamers from earlier been banned? Im talking about that Idratherbeplayingguitar guy and the other one.

fattymattk
10-18-2002, 11:50 PM
what are the chances of me becoming banned?

seriously, am I currently at risk?

BigBadBooDooDady
10-18-2002, 11:51 PM
I thought somebody said that you were banned.

jarviss
10-18-2002, 11:52 PM
you know the mods are out of control when they edit/delete another mod's post
LOL

PIGS(1 different one)
10-18-2002, 11:53 PM
Ya clintillia said you were banned matt.
Guess not.
The mods are real pissed off STOP SPAMMING UNCONTROLABLY!!!

BigBadBooDooDady
10-18-2002, 11:54 PM
I got it.

Matt that was banned = Pendrigh.

I forgot his name was also Matt.

fattymattk
10-18-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBooDooDady
I thought somebody said that you were banned.

I've been banned twice already haha

once wasn't my fault, and the other was kind of my fault, but I didn't deserve it.

PIGS(1 different one)
10-18-2002, 11:58 PM
Ive only been banned once. Dboon was nice and didnt make it an IP ban.
I used to spam the pop punk forums with homosexual remarks about tom delongue.

iamsuperdan
10-18-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by fattymattk

seriously, am I currently at risk?

Yes.

Sellout_Cypher
10-19-2002, 12:01 AM
Am i too? can i guess the answer? is it yes?

if_you_see_kay
10-19-2002, 12:02 AM
ive been banned countless times(seriously)and im not proud of it so i want to say sorry to all mods for me being a jackass.

BigBadBooDooDady
10-19-2002, 12:03 AM
Who were you originally (if you see kay)?

plexiglass
10-19-2002, 12:04 AM
If you are banned are you allowed to make another account and comeback if you don't do anything wrong with the new account?

iamsuperdan
Originally posted by Sellout_Cypher
Am i too? can i guess the answer? is it yes?

I don't even know who you are! Tonight's the first time I've seen your name. But anyway, currently, you are not at risk. Not from me anyway. In answer to your earlier question. Yes, it is conceivable that you could become a mod. Contribute positively, and prove your maturity, and at some point down the road, if an opening becomes available, it is possible that you may be asked. Heck, almost anyone could be asked.

:)

Led_Zep_Bonham
Am I at any risk of being banned?

How 'bout that EADG character:evil:?

fattymattk
Originally posted by iamsuperdan

Yes.

can I ask why?

because if I can do something to prevent it from happening, I will.

BigBadBooDooDady
10-19-2002, 12:05 AM
Stop spamming.

Im not a mod and I can tell you that.

plexiglass
10-19-2002, 12:06 AM
Who were you originally (if you see kay)?

She was anarchist 182

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by plexiglass
If you are banned are you allowed to make another account and comeback if you don't do anything wrong with the new account?

For me anyway, it depends on the situation. If someone is banned, and within a couple of minutes is back with a new screen name and spamming again, or has created a disrespectful username out of spite, then I will ban them, and continue to ban for a while whenever I notice that the IP matches their original IP.

If someone is banned and later returns, but behaves, then I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and I'll let them do their thing.

Other mods may have different methods though.

Sellout_Cypher
10-19-2002, 12:07 AM

I don't even know who you are! Tonight's the first time I've seen your name. But anyway, currently, you are not at risk. Not from me anyway. In answer to your earlier question. Yes, it is conceivable that you could become a mod. Contribute positively, and prove your maturity, and at some point down the road, if an opening becomes available, it is possible that you may be asked. Heck, almost anyone could be asked.

I've been active a lot lately and when i first started.

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by fattymattk

can I ask why?

because if I can do something to prevent it from happening, I will.

You have enough brains to figure out what you need to do.

fattymattk
10-19-2002, 12:09 AM

You have enough brains to figure out what you need to do.

I guess I could cut back to 50 posts a day....

but I'm going to miss those other 50 :(

Agrim
10-19-2002, 12:12 AM
Heres a question. What do you mods hope to accomplish from banning us? There are always going to be spammers. Yeah you can try to ban us all. But that ruins this place. We don't need the mods and posters constantly at war with eachother. Yeah some of us spam too much. But fucking seriously... what does it hurt? I can see that it's bad when the server goes down because of it. But that hasn't happened in a while. Spam has really been cut down already since the time I joined.

Mods and posters need to put these petty grudges aside. Some posters spam too much. Some mods are too abusive. Both problems need to be fixed, not just the posters.

Banning us, like I said before, ruins this place. The people are what make mx great. It wont be the same without Pendrigh or Fattymatt. You start banning all the regulars and this place will turn to shit and you know it. I know that many of my posts have been deleted simply because a mod didn't agree with them. That is just fucking wrong.

Lets face it. We all spam. Even the mods. Spamming is part of forums. It is part of the fun. I know I've been cutting back on hardcore spamming lately. I've noticed many others doing the same. So seriously... fuck off. Stop trying to push us around because right now thats all you guys are doing anymore. This whole thing is stupid and easily fixable. Stop being such assholes and we stop spamming. That simple. Don't ruin this place by banning all the good people.

if_you_see_kay
10-19-2002, 12:18 AM

She was anarchist 182 Im not a she.

fattymattk
10-19-2002, 12:19 AM
*wonders what he's going to do with all this free time that he will obtain through not spamming as much*

*joins chess club*

*realizes this post is spam, and that this thread is the wrong place to do it in*

ok ok ok

I really don't want to get banned...again. I'm pretty sure mx isn't going to be like "yeah sure, I'll unban fattymattk for the third time". The next time I'm banned it will probably be for good (especially since Black Box isn't here to ban me for no reason)...

so, I will cut back a bit. I bought 5 books today and plan on reading them. I'm also writing a lot of stuff lately, so I can keep myself busy with that. But the thing is, I'm not really sure how much is too much. So, if I get out of hand, someone (preferably a moderator) has to give me a warning so I can fix the problem.

BigBadBooDooDady
10-19-2002, 12:21 AM
If you keep using too many of the *stupid action here* posts, its probably too many.

if_you_see_kay
10-19-2002, 12:23 AM
The spamming is not that bad, fattymattk and pendrigh were not spamming hardcore, i deserved to get banned because i crossed the line many times but in my opinion they didnt cross it.So muha.

plexiglass
10-19-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by if_you_see_kay
Im not a she.

Sorry. I thought you were for some reason :confused: Its all good though...

How often do mods check the IP logged to see if you are a previously banned user returning?

fattymattk
10-19-2002, 12:24 AM
If you keep using too many of the *stupid action here* posts, its probably too many.

*agrees*

I like the action thingies, because I think they are funny (some of the time), but I do realize that they are spam 90% of the time. I will continue to do them, but only as part of posts that are relevant to the thread title.

and I'm not going to stop my little conversations though.

jarviss: that's good

fattymattk: yep yep yep

jarviss: uh huh

fattymattk: *wants to make this funny, but has failed*

so yeah, my posts won't change much, but I will post less, and try to make them relevant more often.

if_you_see_kay
10-19-2002, 12:26 AM

Sorry. I thought you were for some reason :confused: Its all good though...

How often do mods check the IP logged to see if you are a previously banned user returning? well they checked it alot (black box specificly) then banned me, but i usually got a spam in. but the know its me now because i posted a sorry thrad to everyone in the guitar forum(but people spammed it so it got deleted)

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Agrim
Heres a question. What do you mods hope to accomplish from banning us? There are always going to be spammers. Yeah you can try to ban us all. But that ruins this place. We don't need the mods and posters constantly at war with eachother. Yeah some of us spam too much. But fucking seriously... what does it hurt? I can see that it's bad when the server goes down because of it. But that hasn't happened in a while. Spam has really been cut down already since the time I joined.

Mods and posters need to put these petty grudges aside. Some posters spam too much. Some mods are too abusive. Both problems need to be fixed, not just the posters.

Banning us, like I said before, ruins this place. The people are what make mx great. It wont be the same without Pendrigh or Fattymatt. You start banning all the regulars and this place will turn to shit and you know it. I know that many of my posts have been deleted simply because a mod didn't agree with them. That is just fucking wrong.

Lets face it. We all spam. Even the mods. Spamming is part of forums. It is part of the fun. I know I've been cutting back on hardcore spamming lately. I've noticed many others doing the same. So seriously... fuck off. Stop trying to push us around because right now thats all you guys are doing anymore. This whole thing is stupid and easily fixable. Stop being such assholes and we stop spamming. That simple. Don't ruin this place by banning all the good people.

Yes, we all spam a little. As you said, it's part of the forums and part of internet life. Sometimes it's fun. However, what gets us upset is when we see someone that has never made a useful contribution to forums. When that person's entire time on MX is spend making worthwhile posts that say things like, "*Spanks*", or "You're a cunt", or "I'm eating a sandwich right now." I think you can figure out the people I'm referring to here. These are people that have never ventured out of the pit. And when we see these people with post counts of around 10000, and every post they make is a stupid one liner or an insult, then yes, we get annoyed, and we flex the ban muscles.

Now, I understand you're still pissed off because someone sent you an email warning you. You've been discussed many times in the super secret mod forum. The only reason you haven't been banned yet is because a lot of the time, you're able to put together an intelligent thread or post. You have shown that you can argue with a brain. However, you have also been quick with the snappy one line insults and generally innappropriate comments. Without those little snide comments Agrim, we would love you. And I know you'll probably have a snide comment about this post and freedom of speech and what your rights are, so I'll leave you with this thought. Cursing and name calling gets you nowhere quick, and as has been said many times to many people; this is not a democracy. If you don't like how we run things, then feel free to go elsewhere or start your own forum.

*prepares for flames. Puts on nomex suit*

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 12:29 AM
The spamming is not that bad, fattymattk and pendrigh were not spamming hardcore, i deserved to get banned because i crossed the line many times but in my opinion they didnt cross it.So muha.

You missed a lot today.

if_you_see_kay
10-19-2002, 12:30 AM
*shoots flames at iamsuperdan* anyways, i think iamsuperdan had some good points.

if_you_see_kay
10-19-2002, 12:31 AM

You missed a lot today. were all of there post deleted?

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 12:32 AM
*shoots flames at iamsuperdan* anyways, i think iamsuperdan had some good points.

We all try to be fair, and we understand that sometimes being silly is fun. Hell, I'd be a total hypocrite if I didn't admit that I have made some pretty inane threads and posts. The thing is though, they're at a minimum, and my posts are mostly helpful and useful.

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 12:33 AM
were all of there post deleted?

A lot of them, yes. Let's just say that The Pit needed some serious cleaning earlier. I know of 5 mods involved in the cleaning.

It was pretty sad.

if_you_see_kay
10-19-2002, 12:38 AM

A lot of them, yes. Let's just say that The Pit needed some serious cleaning earlier. I know of 5 mods involved in the cleaning.

It was pretty sad. i did that in the guitar forum but it was at a time when no mods where around except for black box and i could see how it would be sad.

*feels for iamsuperdan*:upset:

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 12:41 AM

*feels for iamsuperdan*:upset:

Actually, there's no need for that. It takes all of about 5 seconds to get rid of a thread or a user, so it's no big deal. Frustrating sometimes, but no big deal.

if_you_see_kay
10-19-2002, 12:42 AM
so am i forgiven for spamming the guitar forums.

if_you_see_kay
10-19-2002, 12:44 AM
ok heres a question iamsuperdan! why is pimpdaddykabz a mod? how did he become one? who said he would be a good one/ and i heard that he kept asking mx to make him one and bothered him till he did? is that true.

iamsuperdan
I guess. I don't remember your spamming. Ask jarviss tomorrow. He keeps a tight leash on things in there.

I'm going to sleep now. More questions answered tomorrow.

big69
who is going to replace black box?

or is that super secret too?

Agrim
10-19-2002, 12:45 AM
Superdan... those snide remarks are what I am. The rest I pull out of my ass to make you guys happy.

There is a serious thread about pedophilia. I was commenting on how Britney Spears younger sister is hot. Pendrigh agreed with me. Then suddenly our posts were gone. I made another post. That was deleted. So were Pendrigh's. I don't see why they were deleted. You can't say they were spam. You can't say they were irrelavent. So the only other reason is because someone didn't agree. Which is bullshit. If the post is relavent, the contents of the post shouldn't matter. Period.

If Pendrigh remains banned I'm going to be upset. It doesn't matter if you don't agree with him or you don't like him. A lot of his posts are spam but hardly enough to merit an IP ban. It's bullshit. I also will be upset if PimpDaddy remains a mod. He's biased and abusive and shouldn't be given and power. He fucked up my pole this morning so Air Bud won the "Favorite disney movie" thread. WTF was that for?!? Like I said before, It's bullshit.

Moniker
10-19-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by PIGS(1 angry one)
Ive only been banned once. Dboon was nice and didnt make it an IP ban.
I used to spam the pop punk forums with homosexual remarks about tom delongue. Only admin can IP ban, so don't let them fool you. (i've yet to see a way where others can IP ban, except admin)

Moniker
10-19-2002, 12:49 AM
Here is a serious question for mods...

Why don't you take the forums less serious, and just chill and let people post. Sure, delete some posts, but the more people you ban, the less visitors MX has, and after a while, everyone is going to be banned... so why not just chill out and have a good time.

BigBadBooDooDady
10-19-2002, 12:49 AM
They can suggest it to mx though.

Moniker
10-19-2002, 12:52 AM
which brings me to another question.. which will not answered..

when they do bring it up to mx, why not have mx contact the person, to see the other point of view?

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 12:57 AM
Superdan... those snide remarks are what I am. The rest I pull out of my ass to make you guys happy.

There is a serious thread about pedophilia. I was commenting on how Britney Spears younger sister is hot. Pendrigh agreed with me. Then suddenly our posts were gone. I made another post. That was deleted. So were Pendrigh's. I don't see why they were deleted. You can't say they were spam. You can't say they were irrelavent. So the only other reason is because someone didn't agree. Which is bullshit. If the post is relavent, the contents of the post shouldn't matter. Period.

If Pendrigh remains banned I'm going to be upset. It doesn't matter if you don't agree with him or you don't like him. A lot of his posts are spam but hardly enough to merit an IP ban. It's bullshit. I also will be upset if PimpDaddy remains a mod. He's biased and abusive and shouldn't be given and power. He fucked up my pole this morning so Air Bud won the "Favorite disney movie" thread. WTF was that for?!? Like I said before, It's bullshit.

I've got to answer this one before I go to sleep.

The pedophilia thread was mostly serious. And yes, you commented on how hot the 8 year old is. But you should know by know that a lot of people here can't handle an offhand comment like that. immediately after you posted that, pendrigh decides it would funny to describe how cool it would be to bust his nut on an 8 year old's face. i don't give a fawk what other people think, but I find crap like that innappropriate for a board like this and it was not relevant to the thread. It took a mostly serious discussion and turned it into crap. Yes, it offended me. It offended others too. We discussed it in the mod forum, and action was taken. i'm not apologizing for supporting his ban, and I'm not supporting his return. Neither are the other mods I've talked to about this.

As for the whole "Air Bud" fiasco, I haven't got a clue what you're talking about, so you'll have to check with Pimp on that one.

Time for sleep. All this banning has made me tired. :lol:

plexiglass
10-19-2002, 01:02 AM
^^ careful Mattk. I thionk thats what they are talking about.

Moniker
10-19-2002, 01:03 AM
All this banning has made me tired. :lol: lame.

plexiglass
10-19-2002, 01:03 AM
Where did Matts post go :confused:

EDIT: Now I've worked it out.

fattymattk
10-19-2002, 01:14 AM
I deleted it because I didn't think calling LightRaven the mod forum slut would go over to well.

I mean... I didn't say that.

Agrim
10-19-2002, 01:54 AM
So what your saying Superdan is you banned Pendrigh because he said he wanted to cum on Britney's sister's face?? It might be a little off color but how is that ban worthy?!? If it was for spam then thats dumb because he's cut down his spamming A LOT lately and you know it. A lot of us used to be a lot worse I dunno why your doing this crack down now.

Pendrigh is a good guy and will be sorely missed by many of us. If you don't like him thats your problem. Banning him is prejudice and complete bullshit. Even if every god damn mod on here hates his guts, that still give you no right to ban him.

C'mon we all make crude comments now and then. This is complete and total bullshit. You can't fucking ban him. I mean, 70% of the time, hes the life of the party. Plus hes the only guy who agrees with me EVER.

Please aleviate my anger by giving me a valid reason why he is banned permanetly. One stupid comment does not merit a fucking ban dude. You mods are being selfish assholes.

jarviss
10-19-2002, 02:02 AM
who is this pendrigh guy again?

big69
10-19-2002, 02:23 AM
go to the members section, look whos #2

if_you_see_kay
10-19-2002, 02:45 AM
i would cum on that 8 year olds face!

plexiglass
10-19-2002, 02:56 AM
You are walking on very thin ice...

big69
10-19-2002, 02:57 AM
i hope it breaks.

jarviss
10-19-2002, 03:10 AM
crack...break...broke

-G

plexiglass
10-19-2002, 03:15 AM
Is she banned then?

jarviss
10-19-2002, 03:17 AM
i dont know...lets see if she (??) posts some more or not.

-G

anarchist1822
10-19-2002, 03:20 AM
wtf! i got banned! jarviss cmon thats not like you!

jarviss
10-19-2002, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by anarchist1822
wtf! i got banned! jarviss cmon thats not like you!

no it isnt...i'm all about keeping it fun and staying out of
the way the pit is run....

but *in my mind* a mod is a mod, its like a brotherhood
(i know it sounds lame..but thats how i think about it)
i respect their decisions and i hope i have some respect from them.

and you KNOW you shouldn't have posted that.

-G

jarviss
10-19-2002, 03:26 AM
p.s. anarchist1822/if_you_see_kay/etc..etc..

please tell everyone if you're a guy or a girl..cause alot of people are still confused, no offense..but just to let you know

-G

plexiglass
10-19-2002, 03:29 AM
Heres a hint. If you want to come back in disguise do not make a variation of your old user name and question the mods decisions ;)

Would mods which aren't anymore (Josiah, BlackBox) be able to see topics on the top secret board?

anarchist1822
10-19-2002, 03:31 AM
well i already told everyone i was a guy! durrr! but i know i should not have posted that! i want to go to bed but i was going to delete it first because i knew it wouldnt be good but i got banned before i could! but jarviss did you have to ban me for that?because to tell you the truth im quiet pissed even though i shouldnt have posted that.

jarviss
10-19-2002, 03:35 AM
well i already told everyone i was a guy! durrr! but i know i should not have posted that! i want to go to bed but i was going to delete it first because i knew it wouldnt be good but i got banned before i could! but jarviss did you have to ban me for that?because to tell you the truth im quiet pissed even though i shouldnt have posted that.

dude...look at the post that is about 8 posts above the one you got banned for...

...The pedophilia thread was mostly serious. And yes, you commented on how hot the 8 year old is. But you should know by know that a lot of people here can't handle an offhand comment like that. immediately after you posted that, pendrigh decides it would funny to describe how cool it would be to bust his nut on an 8 year old's face. i don't give a fawk what other people think, but I find crap like that innappropriate for a board like this and it was not relevant to the thread. It took a mostly serious discussion and turned it into crap. Yes, it offended me. It offended others too. We discussed it in the mod forum, and action was taken. i'm not apologizing for supporting his ban, and I'm not supporting his return. Neither are the other mods I've talked to about this.

-G

jarviss
10-19-2002, 03:36 AM
Would mods which aren't anymore (Josiah, BlackBox) be able to see topics on the top secret board?

i know for a fact B.Box can not..i dont know the status of Josiah tho.

-G

anarchist1822
10-19-2002, 03:36 AM
dude i dont think i should have got banned for that! agrim didnt.

plexiglass
10-19-2002, 03:40 AM
But it was pendrigh that said it. What ever did happen to him?

anarchist1822
oh ya jarviss if i remember correctly you have to warn me first!

<<<*looks around the room for warning*

nope, no warning here.

jarviss
ok..maybe i'm giving everyone too much credit here..but
i would think if someone read dan's post...they would know
NOT TO MAKE ANOTHER POST LIKE THAT??!!

like if you saw a guy reach into a jar of pissed off rattlesnakes and he got bit by one or two of them.
would you go reach in the jar?

seriously...thats why i quoted dans post...it just makes sense to me?

-G

anarchist1822
10-19-2002, 03:42 AM
sorry i didnt read his post!not my fault!

Paradoxed
10-19-2002, 03:42 AM

By pissed do you mean drunk? Cause that would be the lamest excuse ever.

jarviss
10-19-2002, 03:43 AM
oh ya jarviss if i remember correctly you have to warn me first!

<<<*looks around the room for warning*

nope, no warning here.

dude..i dont have to do anything.
if you have a problem talk to mx or "administration" about it
but you, and i keep saying this, should have known not to post that?!

-G

anarchist1822
10-19-2002, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Paradoxed

By pissed do you mean drunk? Cause that would be the lamest excuse ever. no i mean pissed off, like mad! sorry if i worded it wrong.

jarviss
10-19-2002, 03:45 AM
But it was pendrigh that said it. What ever did happen to him?

the word on the street is he got banned.

-G

anarchist1822
10-19-2002, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by jarviss

dude..i dont have to do anything.
if you have a problem talk to mx or "administration" about it
but you, and i keep saying this, should have known not to post that?!

-G administration is just mods i know that,so what help would that be. i might as well talk to a mod like im doing now!

plexiglass
10-19-2002, 03:47 AM

It's interesting. No offence but typically it is females which end every sentence like this!

jarviss
10-19-2002, 03:49 AM
administration is just mods i know that,so what help would that be. i might as well talk to a mod like im doing now!

not really..i can not speak for "administration"
"administration" is a group of mods discussing important topics..

so..yeah..it would help..you could explain what was up and they would discuss it...
its not a one-mod thing...

-G

anarchist1822
10-19-2002, 03:51 AM

It's interesting. No offence but typically it is females which end every sentence like this! hahah yea im just trying to get my name back dude! if i end my sentence like this "hey you stupid **** of **** go to *** you piece of ***" i wont get anything but another banning.:lol:

anarchist1822
10-19-2002, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by jarviss

not really..i can not speak for "administration"
"administration" is a group of mods discussing important topics..

so..yeah..it would help..you could explain what was up and they would discuss it...
its not a one-mod thing...

-G well how do i get a hold of admin. if i email them wont answer !

anarchist1822
10-19-2002, 03:55 AM
meh! it wont even let me email them.

jarviss
10-19-2002, 03:57 AM
just make a post in the site area like "attention: administration"
i'll post a link to it in the mod forum

-G

anarchist1822
10-19-2002, 03:58 AM
ok hold up!

anarchist1822
10-19-2002, 04:11 AM
ok done! are you just saying you will put the link in there?

jarviss
10-19-2002, 04:57 AM
ok done! are you just saying you will put the link in there?

ok..its in there, forwarded to "administration"

-G

anarchist1822
10-19-2002, 05:05 AM
thank you jarviss!

<<*hugs jarviss*

jarviss
10-19-2002, 05:09 AM
<----feels kinda weird.....

:lol:

cool..goodnight...its ****ing 4:07 am...
must sleep
-G

cods
10-19-2002, 08:23 AM
ok, i have one question, what the hell happened? i wasn't on the forum for a day, and i come back this morning and there is this thread, the thread about pend. all of this spamming stuff, what happened?

Julies Ruined
10-19-2002, 08:37 AM
Did anyone answer Litninfingers' questions? I didnt see anyone answer them, but if they did im sorry. If they didnt could you please answer them? He's thinking the same thing I am.

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 09:19 AM
So what your saying Superdan is you banned Pendrigh because he said he wanted to cum on Britney's sister's face?? It might be a little off color but how is that ban worthy?!? If it was for spam then thats dumb because he's cut down his spamming A LOT lately and you know it. A lot of us used to be a lot worse I dunno why your doing this crack down now.

I didn't ban pendrigh. I suggested and totally agree with it, but I did not do it.

Pendrigh is a good guy and will be sorely missed by many of us. If you don't like him thats your problem. Banning him is prejudice and complete bullshit. Even if every god damn mod on here hates his guts, that still give you no right to ban him.

Yes it does. We're here because mx respects our judgement. That comment was beyond the limits of what I view as appropriate. i'm not going to justify my actions. If you can;t see how a comment like that is wrong, then you have issues.

C'mon we all make crude comments now and then. This is complete and total bullshit. You can't fucking ban him. I mean, 70% of the time, hes the life of the party. Plus hes the only guy who agrees with me EVER.

You're right. I can't ban him. Someone else already took care of that for me.

Please aleviate my anger by giving me a valid reason why he is banned permanetly. One stupid comment does not merit a fucking ban dude. You mods are being selfish assholes.

One stupid comment?! All the time you spend here and you only saw one stupid comment?! Open your eyes man. His stupid comments have been going on constantly for more than a year.

As I said, I'm not going to further justify my actions. And neither does any mod. If you don't like, go start and pay for your own board and run it as you see fit. This board obviously doesn't suit your needs or your style. Maybe it would be best if you just left.

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 09:20 AM
well how do i get a hold of admin. if i email them wont answer !

mx_moderators@hotmail.com

Email away! :)

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Paul150
Yes, he's been banned, Nacho...:upset:...By the way I've noticed that I've been posting a LOT lately...Most of it is relavent stuff, but I was wondering if posting too much (Even if it is relavent) can force a ban...just curious...

No, most of the time your posts have something to say. I have yet to see something from you that is offensive or derogatory. Others may have, but I have not. In my mind, you're okay. Excessive relevant posting will not cause you to be banned.

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by NachoChez
Dan could you answer my questions? Thank you sir

Yeah, I'm getting to it. :)

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 09:31 AM
Heh, stop making good threads while I'm asleep :upset:

1. Am I at risk? I've been spamming, I know.
2. Is there some kind of list or guidebook of bannable offenses? I know rex was in trouble yesterday for using racial slurs sarcastically.

1. No. Mostof your posts are fine by me. I have no intentions of doing anything about you at this time.

2. When you first signed up to mx, there was a screen that had a list of what was acceptable and what wasn't. Everyone has seen that screen because you can't become a member without seeing that screen. Everyone should have read it. Here (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/p5a35b39380d81fce9848f579c6735acc/fd265f07.jpg.orig.jpg) is a link to that screen. If that doesn't work, here is what the screen said. I'll highlight the important parts.

"Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please press the Agree button at the end of the page. Note: By pressing the button you declare that you are over the age of 13. If you are 13 or under, please use this registration form.

Although the administrators and moderators of MusicianForums/Mxtabs Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of MusicianForums/Mxtabs Forums or Jelsoft Enterprises Limited (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of MusicianForums/Mxtabs Forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

I think that explains why we do what we do. :)

PimpDaddyKabZ
10-19-2002, 09:44 AM
ok heres a question iamsuperdan! why is pimpdaddykabz a mod? how did he become one? who said he would be a good one/ and i heard that he kept asking mx to make him one and bothered him till he did? is that true.

Instead of asking dan the question.....you may ask the source.
To answer: I asked Jeremy once if he could consider making me a mod since I have been here since the beginning of these forums and in the earlier forums before these. And I am also a frequent poster.....with all these reasons, mx made me a mod.....
And NO, I didn't "bother" him

PimpDaddyKabZ
10-19-2002, 09:48 AM
Do you guys have secret meetings or something to decide who's gonna replace Black Box?

We have discussed several members, and have been considering them for modship....

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 09:52 AM
Do you guys have secret meetings or something to decide who's gonna replace Black Box?

You should see the crazy things that go on in the Secret Mod Forum. Man, it's crazygonuts in there! And as PimpDaddy said, we have discussed 3 people for modship and mx has said he will be contacting them very shortly. Most of you would be happy with any of the three names discussed.

I'd be scared to be a mod, heh, I'll probably go power-insane. POWER-INSANE!!!!!

:evil:

fattymattk
10-19-2002, 10:06 AM
Very Important Question:

am I one of the three names?

:upset: probably not

BigBadBooDooDady
10-19-2002, 10:07 AM
I dont think you can be on the "potential banning" list and the "potential mod" list at the same time :lol: :lol:

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 10:09 AM
*guesses Zerokewl, BBBDD and SPITS*

Wrong on all counts. You'll just have to wait and see. :)

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 10:10 AM
I didn't say you were power-insane. [LAME BLACKMAIL]I noticed you kinda let the spammer in you run free at IC though[/LAME BLACKMAIL]

Different forum, different rules. Plus, at least half my posts are of a serious nature though.

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 10:15 AM

I know, just givin' yeh a right joshin' :D

Are you mocking me ?!

*readies the ban button*

:D :lol:

Eccles
10-19-2002, 10:15 AM
I'd be scared to be a mod, heh, I'll probably go power-insane. POWER-INSANE!!!!!

You would probably fill Black Box's shoes quite well, in that case...

Anyway, my serious point - I wanted to apologise, since I feel partially responsible for the banning of Pendrigh. If anyone doesn't know, he and myself spammed the hell out of a couple of threads on Thursday night, which I assume had a part to play in his banning. Which probably means I'm close to a ban as well. Henceforth, I resolve to stop/cut way back on spam, and leave the Pit to return to my Guitar forum home.

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by steveneccles

Anyway, my serious point - I wanted to apologise, since I feel partially responsible for the banning of Pendrigh. If anyone doesn't know, he and myself spammed the hell out of a couple of threads on Thursday night, which I assume had a part to play in his banning. Which probably means I'm close to a ban as well. Henceforth, I resolve to stop/cut way back on spam, and leave the Pit to return to my Guitar forum home.

Good luck with the reformation. :)

Jimmy Fats
10-19-2002, 10:21 AM
Make it 15 and I'll tell you.

Jimmy Fats
10-19-2002, 10:22 AM
Nah, I can't. But the people deserve it.

Eccles
10-19-2002, 10:23 AM
Nacho-Don't leave Steven Eccles! You're cool.

It has to be done. I'll still venture in once in a while, but it'll be a rare occasion. I also want to give my help in the guitar forum a lot more.

Superdan-Good luck with the reformation. :)

I assume then my banning was, at a time, imminent.

Jimmy Fats
10-19-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Litninfingers63

when they do bring it up to mx, why not have mx contact the person, to see the other point of view?

Eventually, he does, but mostly after the person is banned. Since mx isn't on 24/7, the mods can't go to him immediately to sort out the problem. So, to solve the immediate problem, some mods decide to ban the person. If that person really wants to come back and doesn't feel they did anything wrong, mx usually talks to them about it and then makes his decision on unbanning/keeping the ban.

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 10:33 AM
Here is a serious question for mods...

Why don't you take the forums less serious, and just chill and let people post. Sure, delete some posts, but the more people you ban, the less visitors MX has, and after a while, everyone is going to be banned... so why not just chill out and have a good time.

There's no reason to take the forums less seriously. Things would work out fine if people just laid off the spam. It's not that hard.

We are not ban happy. The banning of Pendrigh was the culmination of a year's worth of spamming. This was not a snap decision. We've been mulling over this for a while. We've warned him and warned him and banned him and let him back... None of that seemed to change his mind. He's gone because of a choice HE made.

As well, the only people who get banned around here are the people decide to break the rules.

We have rules here and they will be followed.

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 10:36 AM

It's not MX's responsibility to contact people who won't follow his rules... If YOU get yourself banned and think it's unfair, it's on YOU to talk mx.

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 10:37 AM
Nacho... You need to ask a question or get the **** out of this thread. Maybe you didn't read Administrator's instructions... You need to.

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 10:42 AM
Yes they do. Litnin knows.

Jimmy Fats
10-19-2002, 10:44 AM
Litnin runs TC. I'm sure he'll inform them.

BigBadBooDooDady
10-19-2002, 10:45 AM
He actually runs it or hes just a mod? I thought he was just a mod.

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 10:45 AM
We actually had a deal that he would ban anyone we banned and vice versa... But I'm not sure he's going to ban pendrigh as I'm not sure he supports our ban of him.

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 10:46 AM
He actually runs it or hes just a mod? I thought he was just a mod.

I think he's just a mod... buthe may be admin... I'm not really sure.

Julies Ruined
10-19-2002, 10:49 AM
He's admin at TC.

Hababi
10-19-2002, 11:03 AM
Wrong on all counts. You'll just have to wait and see.

*Cries* But I wanna be a mod :lol:

Ok, this isn't the whining to petetion for moderator-ship dutie, so an actual question:

How's the classical forum idea progressing? I'm anxious to see it.

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 11:05 AM
Oooh. How long has that idea been on the board?

BigBadBooDooDady
10-19-2002, 11:09 AM
Alpha strongley pushed it for awhile, but its sort of been forgotten in the last month or two.

Hababi
10-19-2002, 11:09 AM
Oooh. How long has that idea been on the board?

It's been in the forming process for a few months now, Alpha petitioned mx and mx was up on the idea. Talk of it has really died down lately. I'm anxious to see it...

P.S. Next time new mds are considered, think about me! I'm here a lot, I've been here for a very long time, I've been user friendly for a while now (and plan on continuing to do so), and I wouldn't abuse my powers.

...Wow, I feel like a whore :eek: ;)

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I was going to say... I haven't seen anything about it for a while... There's nothing doing in the top secret mod forum... SO I don't know what the official status is.

you smell like a whore too.

ewww.

BigBadBooDooDady
10-19-2002, 11:16 AM
Its in the site forum. A big thread on the top.

Hababi
10-19-2002, 11:20 AM
you smell like a whore too.

ewww.

*screams, runs to shower*

Speaking of that top secret mods forum...I'd really love to read through that sometime. Is it just a normal looking forum, like a subforum of the site category? *wishes he could hack into it*

I assume that doesn't count in the post count, so it discourages spam there...Somehow I can't picture mx spamming the place up to raise his post count though :D

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 11:23 AM
It looks just like a normal forum... WHen you open up the main page it shows up at the very bottom...

I imagine posts in there do count... I don't see why they wouldn't... We don''t spam in there though. We're all responsible.

fattymattk
10-19-2002, 11:32 AM
everyone except Jarviss

Hababi
10-19-2002, 11:35 AM
I imagine posts in there do count... I don't see why they wouldn't...

But then how would that work with the "last post" link in profiles? Since it's a hidden forum it won't link to the last message posted in the mod forum.

PimpDaddyKabZ
10-19-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by zerokewl999999

But then how would that work with the "last post" link in profiles? Since it's a hidden forum it won't link to the last message posted in the mod forum.

I think if regular members view our last post......it will show up as the post before the one we made in mod forum
if not....then the link just won't work for someone who isn't a mod

Moniker
10-19-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by ikikdababy

There's no reason to take the forums less seriously. Things would work out fine if people just laid off the spam. It's not that hard.

We are not ban happy. The banning of Pendrigh was the culmination of a year's worth of spamming. This was not a snap decision. We've been mulling over this for a while. We've warned him and warned him and banned him and let him back... None of that seemed to change his mind. He's gone because of a choice HE made.

As well, the only people who get banned around here are the people decide to break the rules.

We have rules here and they will be followed.

I still say you're all being uptight. Sure you should take care of the spammers. But a better system then warm - ban could work, and would make everyone happy.

I still say you're taking the forums to seriously, and by that you're chasing people away. But, if that's what you want to happen, then so be it.

I think everyone should mod like Jarviss. That's my opinion. Layed back, and actually liked by everyone.

Moniker
10-19-2002, 11:52 AM

I think he's just a mod... buthe may be admin... I'm not really sure. Admin, buddy. :naughty:

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by zerokewl999999

A message would appear saying, "you don't have permission to access this section."

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 12:00 PM

I still say you're all being uptight. Sure you should take care of the spammers. But a better system then warm - ban could work, and would make everyone happy.

I still say you're taking the forums to seriously, and by that you're chasing people away. But, if that's what you want to happen, then so be it.

I think everyone should mod like Jarviss. That's my opinion. Layed back, and actually liked by everyone.

Jarviss bans and edits and deletes just as much as the rest of us. :) (Sorry G, had to spill the secret ;) )

The big difference is that everyone makes assumptions as to who does what when it comes to modding. Probably the same thing happens at TC or wherever.

Moniker
10-19-2002, 12:03 PM

Jarviss bans and edits and deletes just as much as the rest of us. :) (Sorry G, had to spill the secret ;) )

The big difference is that everyone makes assumptions as to who does what when it comes to modding. Probably the same thing happens at TC or wherever. Well, you can say that, but I don't believe it. sorry.

and even if he does... he's layed back. Just goes about his business. When he sees the need for something, he does it. He doensn't make 3 sticky threads about it. I know we'd be introuble for making 3 threads about the same subject, but thats ok, right?

Just chill out you guys. We know the rules. Now enforce them. No need to have these discussions about them. It's not like we're going to change anything anyway.

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 12:04 PM
For example, last night punkerdrummer was tellign people I banned Pendrigh because I was defending the decision. THat's bull****.

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 12:05 PM
Maybe it's everyone else who needs to take the forums less seriously... All this ado about Pendrigh's banning is useless.

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 12:08 PM

Just chill out you guys. We know the rules. Now enforce them. No need to have these discussions about them. It's not like we're going to change anything anyway.

No, many people here obviosuly do not know the rules. Otherwise, this whole thing wouldn't have been needed. And again, we are enforcing the rules. That's what everyone got all pissy about in the first place!

From the MX sign in:
"By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of MusicianForums/Mxtabs Forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

Moniker
10-19-2002, 12:09 PM

No, many people here obviosuly do not know the rules. Otherwise, this whole thing wouldn't have been needed. And again, we are enforcing the rules. That's what everyone got all pissy about in the first place!

From the MX sign in:
"By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

I don't give two craps about him.. I don't even know who he is.

If he spammed and was banned, then ok. If he was banned unfairly, there is not much he can do about it.

We don't need to chill, because we go about our business and post. Then when mention of MORE strict modding comes up, we wonder how it can get more strict than it already is. All we do is post.. You are comming up with the MX Genecide ideas.

Moniker
10-19-2002, 12:15 PM

From the MX sign in:

I'm not disagreeing with you modding. Because I know nothing is going to change and we have to follow that. So, oh well. I'm not trying to say I didn't agree to you that.

btw, "The owners of MusicianForums/Mxtabs Forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

I'm pretty sure the mods are not owners. :D (just pulling your leg)

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 12:23 PM

btw, "The owners of MusicianForums/Mxtabs Forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

I'm pretty sure the mods are not owners. :D (just pulling your leg)

Good point. Maybe we should get that part changed to something like:

"Some people that the owner of MusicianForums/Mxtabs Forums asked to help him out have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

Yeah, that should changed I think. :)

hee hee

Iris Black
10-19-2002, 12:27 PM
Okay, I know I'm showing up really late, but this kind of argument only brings drama to the board, a lot of unwanted drama. I know a lot of users on this board are nice people and some of them just wanna have fun. I also know a lot of people spam, but the rates have gone down a lot since the admin/mods asked for them to.

Now, the thing is, I think everyone is just disagreeing cause of the banning. People they like are getting banned and they really think that the mods and admin are having a "power trip". I was on a board once that had the exact same thing happen, only the guy wasn't concerned about the board, he was concerned about his image on a rival board, so anyone who went there got banned. That created a lot of drama and a lot of arguments until everyone regular visitor and just about everyone else was banned. They all tried to regroup, but nothing worked and the whole "Family" went bye bye. It was a great community that just went to hell.

I really don't want to see this place turn out like that cause there are some great people here and a great amount of posts that are serious and just funny in general. I would have suggested a "Spam" forum, but that would have ultimatly caused the server to crash, and the amount of post would sky rocket to high heaven.

There were rules and everyone read them and said they agreed, an argument/discussion like this shouldn't be taken to a length where the posters are against the admins/mods or anything like that.

I really like this place and a bunch of people on this board, I really hope this place doesn't got to all hell cause of one stupid disagreement like this, cause that is just insanely childish. I'm not going to choose a side, cause I think both sides are right/wrong one way or another.

To Mods/Admin: How many warnings do you get before you are banned anyways?

Moniker
10-19-2002, 12:28 PM

Good point. Maybe we should get that part changed to something like:

"Some people that the owner of MusicianForums/Mxtabs Forums asked to help him out have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

Yeah, that should changed I think. :)

hee hee Or "The owners and moderators of MusicianForums/Mxtabs Forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

now for the important question. can I be a mod? :D

Julies Ruined
10-19-2002, 12:29 PM
Litnin would make a good mod. He knows what he's doing when it comes to stuff like that.

rvd7692
10-19-2002, 12:33 PM
I didn't say you were power-insane. [LAME BLACKMAIL]I noticed you kinda let the spammer in you run free at IC though[/LAME BLACKMAIL]

thats cause its my site and i choose what goes on. Ask dan ive closed alot of his spam threads and he was cool with it.

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 12:33 PM
So out of curiousity, how many people actually care that pendrigh is gone... and how many are just using this a launch pad for all this 'mods are unfair' ****?

As of yesterday when I talked to Pendrigh, exactly TWO people had told him they were sorry to see him go... and they were both mods.

BornGhost
10-19-2002, 12:36 PM
In answer to your earlier question. Yes, it is conceivable that you could become a mod. Contribute positively, and prove your maturity, and at some point down the road, if an opening becomes available, it is possible that you may be asked. Heck, almost anyone could be asked.

(I know this is from the second page, but it caught my attention)

I must say that since I first got here in November, i've done some pretty positive contributing. Most of it's probably gone completely unnoticed. I've done very little (if any) spamming. Would I fit the requirements for a mod? Not that i'd get picked or anything.

Moniker
10-19-2002, 12:37 PM
So out of curiousity, how many people actually care that pendrigh is gone... and how many are just using this a launch pad for all this 'mods are unfair' ****?

As of yesterday when I talked to Pendrigh, exactly TWO people had told him they were sorry to see him go... and they were both mods.

Yea, I'm sure a lot of people are using it to revolt. They are doing that because they can't revolt when nothing is there to revolt against, lol..

So, they use this to fuel their fire. You can't blame them though.

rvd7692
10-19-2002, 12:37 PM
**** people its the internet calm the hell down! its not as if they took his matts computer away. Stop bitching about the mods. They did what they did so live with it. Give it a few weeks and you will all forget about it probably.

stupidchicken2k4
10-19-2002, 12:38 PM
Waht are the guidelines for determining how offensive or inapporpriate a thread is? Like how you deleted my defacation thread but allow masturbation threads and anal sex...?

jarviss
10-19-2002, 12:38 PM
remember when trooper got banned? this place was kinda weird for awhile...then (almost) everyone got over it...

remember when krix left? the guitar forum went down the toilet for like a full month...and it was the worse it ever got...it eventually got a little better and is on the way back up.

people come and go..people post and get banned, its a forum and thats gonna happen from time to time.

if you decide to leave because someone got banned...go ahead..
if you stick around...eventually it'll get back to where it was.

i could care less if the pit disappeared...the guitar forum will always be there with some kid who just got a new guitar and needs to have some questions answered.
and im sure the drums/bass/vocals/other forums are similar

i joined this forum because of that fact..NOT because of the pit..

so i hope everyone can just sit back and realize how uptight WE'RE all being...

*whistles police whistle* nothing to see here...move along...continue about your business

-G

:my thought: the forums will continue no matter who's banned or whatever, if someone gets banned...theres always room for one more :my thought:

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by BornGhost

(I know this is from the second page, but it caught my attention)

I must say that since I first got here in November, i've done some pretty positive contributing. Most of it's probably gone completely unnoticed. I've done very little (if any) spamming. Would I fit the requirements for a mod? Not that i'd get picked or anything.

If it's gone unnoticed, then you probably wouldn't be asked to mod... But asking to be a mod also gets you taken off the list off possible mods.

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by rvd7692

thats cause its my site and i choose what goes on. Ask dan ive closed alot of his spam threads and he was cool with it.

Yeah, you should see the stuff I don't get away with! :lol:

cods
10-19-2002, 01:06 PM
From the MX sign in:

that says nothing about spam...

and was pendrigh given an i.p. ban?

Moniker
10-19-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by cods
From the MX sign in:

and was pendrigh given an i.p. ban? Drop it. He's banned. Big woop. Deal with it.

Kornish
10-19-2002, 01:10 PM
i say good riddance. One less spammer.

Oh i like the thread BTW :)

PimpDaddyKabZ
10-19-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Kornish
i say good riddance. One less spammer.

Oh i like the thread BTW :)

thats the right attitude :D

simplephotographinthesun
10-19-2002, 01:21 PM
I wanted to be a mod too :upset:

I have mod experience as I was a mod at UG... please pick me :upset:

Southernfuel
10-19-2002, 01:23 PM
I hope I am not alone on this, but I for one, thank the mods for cracking down on the spam, because I don't make many posts at all anymore mainly because of spam. It has recently gotten out of hand and I am greatful to see our mods doing something about it. In the year and some change I have been here the spam seems like right now it is at an all time high, even more so than when trooper was here. But luckily if things keep going like they are going now, I will be a proud daily poster again soon. :D

Sincerely, Southernfuel

Kornish
10-19-2002, 01:37 PM

pimpdady is a good mod, i was unsure at first, but after a few days i was pleased he was made one. Every time a thread gets stupid he closes it stopping the cycle of spam.

Plus no remorse is a good quality to have especially where spammers are concerned.

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 02:02 PM

pimpdady is a good mod, i was unsure at first, but after a few days i was pleased he was made one. Every time a thread gets stupid he closes it stopping the cycle of spam.

Plus no remorse is a good quality to have especially where spammers are concerned.

Exactly my thoughts. I thought it was a strange choice at first, but I think he's doing a damn fine job.

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by cods
From the MX sign in:

and was pendrigh given an i.p. ban?

stupidchicken2k4
10-19-2002, 02:27 PM
any answer for my question a little while back? I have reread the guidelines, and I still don't understand why threads about masturbation and anal sex afre allowed but defacation isn't.
Read my previous post for the question.

big69
10-19-2002, 02:27 PM
you forgot to say bitch at the end ikik.

BenBaker06
10-19-2002, 02:28 PM

My sentiments. I was a little curious how pimpdaddy would do, but I think he's down great. Low profile and tedious. Great qualities. I try and make my posts meaningful, but people usually laugh at me :upset:

Concerning pendrigh, I liked the guy, but some of the things he did/said were ridiculous. I'll miss some of his more comedic posts, but I won't miss scrolling past 5-10 pointless posts to get to the meat and potatoes of the conversation.

big69
10-19-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Southernfuel
I hope I am not alone on this, but I for one, thank the mods for cracking down on the spam

you= not alone on that one.

BenBaker06
10-19-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by stupidchicken2k4
any answer for my question a little while back? I have reread the guidelines, and I still don't understand why threads about masturbation and anal sex afre allowed but defacation isn't.

Defecation is a little...gross? Maybe you find sex and all that disgusting as well, but the vast majority of people would sooner think about that than poo.

midnightkitty10
10-19-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by BenBaker06

Defecation is a little...gross? Maybe you find sex and all that disgusting as well, but the vast majority of people would sooner think about that than poo.

Also, a lot of threads about sex have an actual intelligent topic of discussion, wheras the ones about defication...well I haven't seen a worthwhile one

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by stupidchicken2k4

What threads live and die are entirely at our discretion. Some of us have weaker stomachs than others. And we all have different things that we absolutely won't allow. If there is a person who doesn't want to see masturbation threads but doesn't mind **** then he/she is going to close the masturbation one... That's just how we do it. THere are no specific things you can't talk about... But if you are talking about anything even remotely taboo, you are taking the chance that one of us may not like it... That's something you'll have to live with... And the more mods we get, the more personal biases there are to contend wiht. If you guys could control yourselves, we wouldn't need so many mods and there would less to work against... But, you guys can't. So we are adding yet another mod in the next week, at the longest.

You are doing it to yourselves guys.

BenBaker06
10-19-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by midnightkitty10

Also, a lot of threads about sex have an actual intelligent topic of discussion, wheras the ones about defication...well I haven't seen a worthwhile one

Yeah, pretty much my point.

Agrim
10-19-2002, 03:40 PM
Man this is crap. All of you pussies are just rolling over and taking this shit. Kissing the mods asses and agreeing with them? "Ok lets move on whats done is done". I am ashamed of every fucking one of you.

Pendrigh shouldn't have been banned. It couldn't have been for spam because he has cut down a lot. So it must have been for his comment. THAT IS COMPLETELY UNFAIR. Yeah you can throw all these lame regulations and us but that doesn't make his banning any less unfair. There are hundreds of crude comments like his throughout these boards every month and no one else is banned. Plus, banning a regular like pendrigh over 1 fucking comment is retarded. And hypocritical seeing how many other comments like that are made every fucking day.

I'm not just fighting for pendrigh because hes my friend. I fought for zerokewl when he was banned a while back too. And the whole world knows we hate eachother. But zerokewls banning was horseshit which is why he was unbanned a few days later. Pendrigh's banning is also horseshit. Which is why I'm not letting it go easy.

And 1 more thing... if kornish becomes mod I'm going to fucking puke. And I will probably be banned one way or another within a week of Kornish's moding because he hates me.

Like I said before, this whole argument is bullshit. Bring Pendrigh back and there won't be a problem anymore. Don't bring him back, and yeah things will return to normal. Except your going to have a whiny little bitch complaing about the absence of Pendrigh every day ie ME. Ban me and... well we'll see.

All of you regular posters are pissing me off. Your just letting all the mods do whatever the fuck they want. You don't care about Pendrigh. And you don't care about being the mod's bitches either. Go ahead keep kissing their asses. Your all fucking pathetic.

stupidchicken2k4
10-19-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by midnightkitty10

I limited my defacation thread to just piss in public, "The Worst Place/Thign you ahve ever defacated on", a la the movie "big daddy", rememebr where that kid pisses on the restaurant.
Still sick though.

The sex ones, I have no problem with, but I meant just the masturbation and anal sex ones are the ones that I wonder why they are allowed. Remember the flood of masturbation threads a little while back, with 90% of the posts being "I haven't jacked off in weeks!" or "I can go at a rate of 75 mph!" or jsut spam? And the anal sex one a while ago had nothing about intelligent discussion....jsut "There's this one chick and I really wanan stick it in her butt but she keeps saying no. Any advice to try to convince her?"

Agrim
10-19-2002, 03:58 PM
Your damn fucking right Nacho. If you got banned unfairly wouldn't you like to know someone is fighting it, since you have no voice? I know Pendrigh didn't appreciate this banning.

Heres a question. Pendrigh, a loved member of this board of years gets a permanent IP ban for saying something crude. If_you_see_kay says the EXACT SAME crude comment in this very thread, and he just gets that SN banned. He's allowed to make his new "anarchist" name and continue posting. Do you even know how many times you guys have banned this spammer? Over 30. Do you have any clue whats going on? No. Do I have a headache from thinking about how hypocritical you guys are? FUCK YES.

Administration
Agrim, how many times are you going to post this same thread? We understand that you're upset that your friend was banned. We understand that we trampling all over you rights. However, we have been discussing his status here for quite some time now. This most recent incident was the final straw.

His posting has not slowed down at all. If anything it has become worse. If you go back a few pages in this very thread, there's an admission from another user than he and pendrigh had a little spam party on Thursday. That's 2 days ago. And this is called cutting down? We don't think so.

Agrim, you are just continuing to beat a dead horse. You are the only one here that hasn't learned that complaining and swearing at us will get you nowhere. Why is everyone else here "taking it?" Maybe because they know that whining and swearing up a storm will get you nowhere fast. Maybe if you were a little more civilized and could actually carry on a debate without name calling and swearing, we might actually take your comments seriously. As it stands, your comments make us want to ignore you.

The sooner you realize this, the sooner things can get back to normal.

And for those of you who can see past this whole incident, we've already talked to our new mod. The announcement will be made in the next couple of days. We think you'll agree with our choice.

Administration
Your damn fucking right Nacho. If you got banned unfairly wouldn't you like to know someone is fighting it, since you have no voice? I know Pendrigh didn't appreciate this banning.

Heres a question. Pendrigh, a loved member of this board of years gets a permanent IP ban for saying something crude. If_you_see_kay says the EXACT SAME crude comment in this very thread, and he just gets that SN banned. He's allowed to make his new "anarchist" name and continue posting. Do you even know how many times you guys have banned this spammer? Over 30. Do you have any clue whats going on? No. Do I have a headache from thinking about how hypocritical you guys are? FUCK YES.

pendrigh has not been IP banned. Yet.

Agrim
10-19-2002, 04:00 PM
I retract my previous statement. ;)

I thought Pendrigh had an IP ban which was why I was so enraged. But as long as he is still able to come back if he wants, I'm happy.

I know I'm not well liked by many posters or by many mods. Especially when a disrespectful post like that is made under "administration".

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 04:03 PM
Man this is crap. All of you pussies are just rolling over and taking this shit. Kissing the mods asses and agreeing with them? "Ok lets move on whats done is done". I am ashamed of every fucking one of you.

Pendrigh shouldn't have been banned. It couldn't have been for spam because he has cut down a lot. So it must have been for his comment. THAT IS COMPLETELY UNFAIR. Yeah you can throw all these lame regulations and us but that doesn't make his banning any less unfair. There are hundreds of crude comments like his throughout these boards every month and no one else is banned. Plus, banning a regular like pendrigh over 1 fucking comment is retarded. And hypocritical seeing how many other comments like that are made every fucking day.

I'm not just fighting for pendrigh because hes my friend. I fought for zerokewl when he was banned a while back too. And the whole world knows we hate eachother. But zerokewls banning was horseshit which is why he was unbanned a few days later. Pendrigh's banning is also horseshit. Which is why I'm not letting it go easy.

And 1 more thing... if kornish becomes mod I'm going to fucking puke. And I will probably be banned one way or another within a week of Kornish's moding because he hates me.

Like I said before, this whole argument is bullshit. Bring Pendrigh back and there won't be a problem anymore. Don't bring him back, and yeah things will return to normal. Except your going to have a whiny little bitch complaing about the absence of Pendrigh every day ie ME. Ban me and... well we'll see.

All of you regular posters are pissing me off. Your just letting all the mods do whatever the fuck they want. You don't care about Pendrigh. And you don't care about being the mod's bitches either. Go ahead keep kissing their asses. Your all fucking pathetic.

I'm tired of hearing you repeat yourself.

Pedrigh is gone for the third time and he will not be returning. superdan explained to you, more than once, the circumstances of Pendrigh's banning. Feel privledged that he explained it once. Pendrigh cutting down on spam doesn't mean anything. The fact is, he was still doing it entirely too much.

THe pendrigh situation is passed. Anything you say after this point will fall on deaf ears. We have explained to you more than thoroughly our reasons and that's more than we are required to do.

Kithkin
10-19-2002, 04:05 PM
jeeze, i thought the pit was the place for spam... i mean what do you expect. Its the only one of the forums here that isnt music based. Its just a place to sit back and laugh. I find a lot fo spam amusing here in the pit, but i'll agree it doesnt belong in any of the other forums. i though the pit was a place for people to get out their spamming needs so they didnt do such in other forums. I also though pendright was doing a good job of cutting back on the spam... i mean i only rarely saw his posts anymore, though i dont have to read through all of the posts like you mods are supposed to. Addmittedly that was a bit of an offcolor joke, but you guys get offeneded pretty easily if that was what set you off. You let the dead baby joke line go for quite some time, and i would think that was way more offensive. And agrim better not get banned, cause while a lot of his posts may be offensive, its not because hes trying to be. Those are simply his oppinions, and he spams about as much as i do.

And i think loozer would be a good mod

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 04:08 PM

Agrim. You don't know what you're talking about.

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 04:11 PM
Hey ikik, shut up asshole.

I'd say that ices it. We've been considering banning you, as I'm sure you know. As in all arguements, you repeat yourself unmercifully and whn someone else tries to talk you plug your ears and whine "I cant hear you. I cant hear you."

I'm tired of your lack of respect for the people who run this board.

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Kithkin
And agrim better not get banned, cause while a lot of his posts may be offensive, its not because hes trying to be. Those are simply his oppinions, and he spams about as much as i do.

People who have a bone to pick with mods here don't need to be afraid of being banned. People who talk to mods like Agrim did, do have something to fear.

anarchist1822
10-19-2002, 04:18 PM
wow! agrim got banned. well what if you called me a asshole, i couldnt do anything, but when we call you an asshole you ban us! thats unfair! oh ya ikik your an asshole.

big69
10-19-2002, 04:23 PM
i think rvd will be the new mod. :)

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 04:23 PM
wow! agrim got banned. well what if you called me a asshole, i couldnt do anything, but when we call you an asshole you ban us! thats unfair! oh ya ikik your an asshole.

Forget what if situations. Agrim was banned because everytime a mod does something that rubs him the wrong way he climbs up on his soap box and calls us names as he tells us how stupid we are.

If you have a problem with us, tell us. But do it respectfully. You have been banned enough times that you shouldn't be here anyway. I don't suppose you should be trying to provoke me.

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 04:24 PM
If you are not asking a question then stop posting in this thread.

stupidchicken2k4
10-19-2002, 04:26 PM
we're on fucking computers. This is not real life. You can not all jsut gang up on the mods and overpower them as you would be able to in real life.
Liek at schol, where the students live in fear of the few faculty. If all the students were to gang up on teh teachers and principals, they could very likely take over the entire school.
IN the forums, we are on computers. Ganging up on the mods wouldn't work, as they could all very easily ban you as often as they want.

*made no sense.*

Kithkin
10-19-2002, 04:27 PM
*sigh* damnit i liked agrim, he had a lot of ... well not intelligent, but he argued well. I hope this wasnt a permentent ban. I do think he took this to far, but he was fighting fo a friend so id cut him some slack. Maybe a ban for a day or a week will cool him down:(.

anarchist1822
10-19-2002, 04:28 PM

Forget what if situations. Agrim was banned because everytime a mod does something that rubs him the wrong way he climbs up on his soap box and calls us names as he tells us how stupid we are.

If you have a problem with us, tell us. But do it respectfully. You have been banned enough times that you shouldn't be here anyway. I don't suppose you should be trying to provoke me. ok yes i have a big problem with the mods they are banning people like crazy and you guys dont know how stupid you look(dont tell me i look stupid i always do:lol: ) but seriously man you jsut banned agrim, hes a good friend of mine on mx hes the only one that is like me in a way.now hes banned and im pissed real pissed and if you know my history for this site be fucking prepared bitch!

stupidchicken2k4
10-19-2002, 04:28 PM
weren't the forums created for entertainment and informational purposes as opposed to the soap opera like situations that are goign on???? The mods are here to regulate activity on the baords.

Snowblind666
10-19-2002, 04:31 PM
Agrim is banned...if he adopts a new taste for political blowjobs and maybe brings a kneepad with him everywhere he goes so that maybe he can kneel before the mods and lay down to thier tyranny, do you think perhaps he can be reinstated?

this place has gone to hell

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 04:32 PM
ok yes i have a big problem with the mods they are banning people like crazy and you guys dont know how stupid you look(dont tell me i look stupid i always do:lol: ) but seriously man you jsut banned agrim, hes a good friend of mine on mx hes the only one that is like me in a way.now hes banned and im pissed real pissed and if you know my history for this site be fucking prepared bitch!

Banning people like crazy? Since when does banning two people = banning like crazy?

We don't look stupid at all. THere are rules, and you will follow them or will not be allowed to use musicianforums.com

Do what you will but know the consequences.

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Snowblind666
Agrim is banned...if he adopts a new taste for political blowjobs and maybe brings a kneepad with him everywhere he goes so that maybe he can kneel before the mods and lay down to thier tyranny, do you think perhaps he can be reinstated?

this place has gone to hell

Agrim wasn't banned because he was voicing an opinion. He was banned for his beligerence toward mods.

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 04:40 PM
I don't remember why shockwave was banned.

Led_Zep_Bonham
10-19-2002, 04:41 PM
Speaking of soap, why did Shockwave get banned? I just remember him posting for a while, then not posting for a while, and then not posting for a really long while, like up until today :confused:

Shockwave was banned because Black Box is a stupid piece of shit.

He wouldn't/won't come back anyway, so it doesn't matter.

PimpDaddyKabZ
10-19-2002, 04:43 PM
Shockwave posted under a different name for a little while after his ban, but he hasn't posted lately...Shockwave doesn't care to come back here........I still talk to him occasionally.......I'll try and see if he wants to come back.....I *think* that his account is still open......

Snowblind666
10-19-2002, 04:44 PM

Agrim wasn't banned because he was voicing an opinion. He was banned for his beligerence toward mods.

so what? beliegerence is a rarity among human? ive been mortally offended countless times....o shucks, i forgot, im not a MOD! im not placed higher on the hierarchial proverbial totempole of the cyber no-life terrain as the mods are. so what? you prance around, ban people, close forums, and delete posts? you;re better? beliegerence towards you is worthy of a ban but beliegerence against another isnt? what valid factor places you above anyone else? i think only Mx should be allowed any jurisdiction. he's the only intelligent one out of any of the mods. all the appointed ones not only have contributed very to nothing to the forgeing of this establishment. Mx fashioned this site. all the other mods are little pawned cronies. and banning Agrim for "beligering? you? yeah, im sure you're mortally offended, ikik. im sure you're sulking like a little german schoolgirl right about now. you banned him merely out of spite and ****ed principle...prinicple being "hey, im a mod, he said a bad word, im better, so im gonna ban him and remove one of the most intelligent and interesting members of MX"

Snowblind666
10-19-2002, 04:46 PM
d00d u guyz r so st00pid man, agrim waz a rebel n if u cant tak it then u guyz r st00pid! he wuz fitin 4 tha cause man!

But seriously, someone answer my Shockwave question :upset:

heh, you really wanna be a mod dont you? bring some chapstick, cuz eventually all that *** is gonna chafe your lips

plexiglass
10-19-2002, 04:51 PM
Have my recent threads been okay? I was trying to get some intelligent debates and some poeple (Ben Baker, Coypu espenhoel) responded with that but there has been a bit of spam in them and some people could find the topics offensive.

Led_Zep_Bonham
10-19-2002, 04:52 PM

What was the different name? And why did he get banned? He should come back.

Heh, this site is going through the Great Depression

I'll ask the different name if Pimp doesn't respond.

And as I said, he got banned because Black Box is an assclown.

SpazzMan
10-19-2002, 04:53 PM
OK question for the mods, why was steveneccels goodbye post in this thread deleted?

big69
10-19-2002, 04:56 PM
probably because it had nothing to do with the topic. other posts don't make sense to the topic but mods dont catch them i guess, i dunno.

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 05:01 PM

so what? beliegerence is a rarity among human? ive been mortally offended countless times....o shucks, i forgot, im not a MOD! im not placed higher on the hierarchial proverbial totempole of the cyber no-life terrain as the mods are. so what? you prance around, ban people, close forums, and delete posts? you;re better? beliegerence towards you is worthy of a ban but beliegerence against another isnt? what valid factor places you above anyone else? i think only Mx should be allowed any jurisdiction. he's the only intelligent one out of any of the mods. all the appointed ones not only have contributed very to nothing to the forgeing of this establishment. Mx fashioned this site. all the other mods are little pawned cronies. and banning Agrim for "beligering? you? yeah, im sure you're mortally offended, ikik. im sure you're sulking like a little german schoolgirl right about now. you banned him merely out of spite and ****ed principle...prinicple being "hey, im a mod, he said a bad word, im better, so im gonna ban him and remove one of the most intelligent and interesting members of MX"

Bahahahha! YOU really want to be a mod don't you? THat was some supreme asskissing you did there in the middle...

Anyway, this is not your concern. But since you have decided to try and make it yours, I'm going to explain something to you.

For one thing, being a mod here does raise my status on the totem pole you spoke of, but don't think for a minute that I don't deserve it.

I'm where I am for a reason and if you think mx is such a great guy, why would you question his choice of whom he entrusts his site?

My decision was based on Agrim history of disrespect toward me and the other mods. If you'll notice, you haven't been banned for your disparaging comments. THat's because this is the first occasion. I'm not a hot-tempered person. I am in fact on AIM talking to Agrim right now about the possibility of reinstating him. Do you know why? Because he understands that he shouldn't have said some of the things he said.

In the future, maybe you should keep your nose out of things which you are completely in the dark about. Honestly, how old are you?

Clintillia
10-19-2002, 05:02 PM
Shockwave doesn't WANT to come back. So just let it go. I support the mods.

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by SpazzMan
OK question for the mods, why was steveneccels goodbye post in this thread deleted?

Because this is a place for question to mods. Not for saying good bye. He shouldve created another thread.

Snowblind666
10-19-2002, 05:05 PM

Bahahahha! YOU really want to be a mod don't you? THat was some supreme asskissing you did there in the middle...

Anyway, this is not your concern. But since you have decided to try and make it yours, I'm going to explain something to you.

For one thing, being a mod here does raise my status on the totem pole you spoke of, but don't think for a minute that I don't deserve it.

I'm where I am for a reason and if you think mx is such a great guy, why would you question his choice of whom he entrusts his site?

My decision was based on Agrim history of disrespect toward me and the other mods. If you'll notice, you haven't been banned for your disparaging comments. THat's because this is the first occasion. I'm not a hot-tempered person. I am in fact on AIM talking to Agrim right now about the possibility of reinstating him. Do you know why? Because he understands that he shouldn't have said some of the things he said.

In the future, maybe you should keep your nose out of things which you are completely in the dark about. Honestly, how old are you?

i wouldnt be a mod if by some odd twist of fate i was even asked....so, surprise, you're wrong.

"first occasion"? whatever happens happens

Snowblind666
10-19-2002, 05:08 PM
yes, let's be stoopid

Nacho, we all know you want to be a mod, youve kissed enough cyberass, now chill, you're making me cyber-nasueas (sp?)

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 05:09 PM
OK snowblind. Everyone knows what you think now. You've said your peice, find something else to do...

Unless you have another question for the mods.

talk show host
10-19-2002, 05:16 PM
can you tell us who you are discussing or considering banning? maybe it would help.

or maybe i'm just curious as to whether i have been mentioned...

Snowblind666
10-19-2002, 05:16 PM

I'm not kissing any ass idiot, I'm stating the obvious facts. You can't do anything about the way the mods run this place so get over it. \m/ ANARCHY RULZ!!! \m/

heh, its gonna be funny when you dont become a mod. all those chaffed lips for nothing. lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you see, a kissing doesnt get you where it used to. times have changed.

plexiglass
10-19-2002, 05:18 PM
My questiion? Ikik?

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 05:18 PM
People who are being talked about all get emails. At the moment no one is on the chopping block as Pendrigh and Agrim were the only names mentioned... Agrim may be back however... Depending on how our conversation concludes.

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 05:20 PM
Have my recent threads been okay? I was trying to get some intelligent debates and some poeple (Ben Baker, Coypu espenhoel) responded with that but there has been a bit of spam in them and some people could find the topics offensive.

Yeah... they've been alright.

Led_Zep_Bonham
10-19-2002, 05:21 PM

heh, its gonna be funny when you dont become a mod. all those chaffed lips for nothing. lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you see, a kissing doesnt get you where it used to. times have changed.

Shut . . . your . . . hole.

Question to mods . . . (may have already been asked) is there going to be a new mod? If so, who is it? (please don't say Kornish).

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 05:22 PM
We're going announce the new mod soon... To quell your fears, I will say that it is not Kornish.

iamsuperdan
10-19-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Led_Zep_Bonham

Question to mods . . . (may have already been asked) is there going to be a new mod? If so, who is it? (please don't say Kornish).

Yes, our new mod has been contacted. Our new mod is into it. Our new mod will be introduced in the next couple of days or so.

No more new mod questions. :p

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 05:26 PM

No more new mod questions. :p

mike_152x
10-19-2002, 05:34 PM
I sure as hell don't.
I would like to know who the new mod is but I can wait.

talk show host
10-19-2002, 05:35 PM
will there be an announcement ceremony?

will there be cake?

Moniker
10-19-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Paul150

I can wait...It's not that important... Agreed.

mike_152x
10-19-2002, 06:51 PM
I can wait too.
I would just like to know.
That's all.

plexiglass
10-19-2002, 08:00 PM
Here is a question for a mod, not about a mod ;)

Is the "Report post to a moderator" feature anomynous or do the mods know who have been dobbing?

BornGhost
10-19-2002, 08:54 PM
If it's gone unnoticed, then you probably wouldn't be asked to mod... But asking to be a mod also gets you taken off the list off possible mods.

I don't think i'd do too good of a job anyway. I'd go ban happy in a matter of minutes, I can tell ya that.

DBoons Ghost
10-19-2002, 10:36 PM
Here is a question for a mod, not about a mod ;)

Is the "Report post to a moderator" feature anomynous or do the mods know who have been dobbing?

It's anonymous, but people never use it. I've only gotten 5 or 6 in the year or so I've been here. Every mod gets the mail, regardless of the forum the report came from..

Now a rant from yours truly..

I think some of the members are taking this way too seriously. How many really good threads have been ruined by spam? I know this is only a message board out in cyberspace somewhere, but it can be a fairly positive experience for everyone. People who have no access to the cultures and various walks of life should use this to learn about our fellow humans and for the most part, that happens. Spam is annoying. I will admit I have laughed out loud at most of the idiocy, and sometimes it's funny, but people go too far all the time.

I guess I liken this to a room full of people and everyone's running around talking to each other. Most comments people make in threads are fairly on topic, but what would you consider spam in a real conversation? The guy who runs around making wisecracks, and either ya laugh, or you wanna sock him in the jaw right? Half the crap some of you post wouldnt usually come out of your mouth in a conversation anyway, and I guess that's what is so appealing about message boards.

If someone said the now "infamous" pendrigh comment in a conversation, you tell me what would happen. Why should the consequences be any less severe here? Cuz it's a message board? What examples would we set for other users if we didn't do something?

This site is supposed to be a fun way to learn about music and everything about it. So many times the Pit ends up a mess of garbage. I hate it more than anyone when a thread that's rocking is taken off topic by stupidity. You guys should be more interested in helping make it a more rewarding experience for yourselves so you can actually learn and benefit in a fun way, instead of spamming. We all have some instant messanger. Use that for the quips and one liners.

Moniker
10-19-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by DBoon's Ghost

It's anonymous, but people never use it. I've only gotten 5 or 6 in the year or so I've been here. Every mod gets the mail, regardless of the forum the report came from..
No it's not anonymous. It says who reported it.

DBoons Ghost
10-19-2002, 11:02 PM
No it's not anonymous. It says who reported it.

You're right. I just checked. I never noticed the user name right up top. And it is forum specific. I only get the complaints from the punk forum. Eh.. See? What the hell do I know anyway? Ha..

Moniker
10-19-2002, 11:05 PM
:cool: another reason why I should be mod ;)

DBoons Ghost
10-19-2002, 11:08 PM
:cool: another reason why I should be mod ;)

So you wanna trade? Why would you want to mod here? You mod at TC. I don't know that this is anything like the Pad over at TC. Things are different here. The moderating is non-existent over at TC dude..

ikikdababy
10-19-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by DBoon's Ghost

You're right. I just checked. I never noticed the user name right up top. And it is forum specific. I only get the complaints from the punk forum. Eh.. See? What the hell do I know anyway? Ha..

I was just about to say I get them all the time...

Moniker
10-19-2002, 11:10 PM
Why does everyone bring TC up? I never said one word about it...
I know the sites are different. I'm not denying that. HOWEVER, everyone hates me on TC because I am the only one that does mod. Ask Pop music hater.

Pop music sucks
10-19-2002, 11:15 PM
Eric and I have talked on AIM months ago when he was hated at TC cause he was doing his job. Some members even made a polled thread asking if Eric should be de-modded.