PDA

View Full Version : Pandora

DepthsOfDreams555
01-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Okay I don't know who has ever used this but it is really cool and has helped me discover many new bands that I like. This will also eliminate the "Can you give me some similar bands" threads. It is really cool pretty self explanitory you just type in a band you like and they will give you like a song by them and start playing music that is like them. I have used stuff like this before but this one is really good.

http://www.pandora.com/

Just go there.

Also I forgot you have to register in a little while but its free and easy to do. You can also only skip a certain amount of songs an hour.

I can see some people don't like to use it so you can also use this thread to find similar bands. Post a band and then people will try and give you similar bands...I'm sick of all the stupid threads made about finding other bands.

Chilly-Bean-Bop
01-06-2006, 02:24 PM
I wanna name my kid Pandora.

Surtr
01-06-2006, 03:06 PM
This is actually a pretty good thing. My friend showed it to me a while back.

DepthsOfDreams555
01-12-2006, 02:43 PM
BUMP
Because people are dumb and make threads asking for similar bands.

DaveIsWrong
01-12-2006, 03:03 PM
That's a good idea, unfortunately the system doesn't always work. I used Taking Back Sunday as a band, and it gave me something like Minor Threat because of Minor Key Tonality. It's a good idea, just not put into action very well.

DepthsOfDreams555
01-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Well you can go on the bottom where it says "Guide Us" and say that that wasn't the kind of music you were looking for and they will play different stuff.

B
01-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Minor Threat rules.

Ross
01-12-2006, 05:13 PM
I wanna name my kid Pandora.

Shotgun first to open her box!

Chilly-Bean-Bop
01-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Lol. I said that in the pit a while back, and a couple of other people said that.

Ross
01-12-2006, 05:34 PM
Damn, and I thought I was being really clever. I won't try that again.

Chilly-Bean-Bop
01-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Haha, it saright.

DaveIsWrong
01-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Well you can go on the bottom where it says "Guide Us" and say that that wasn't the kind of music you were looking for and they will play different stuff.

Well yeah I did that, but it just kept getting farther and farther off.

billiejoe84
01-13-2006, 07:20 AM
I had a mess around on there a while ago. I didn't like the fact that you have to make up a zipcode if you're not American - that's pretty dumb. But yes, there were some good suggestions that came up, but some daft ones as well. I discovered Lucky Boys Confusion through this, on my Allister station. Good stuff.

DepthsOfDreams555
01-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Use this thread now to request similar bands.....don't make a thread about it.

Angry Balled Fists!
01-14-2006, 11:57 AM
Hey guys, this is awesome, good find dude, i'm gonna be playing on this all ngiht :)

EDIT - The only beef i have with this is that it doesn't recognise that many artists, i prefer the last.fm player.

SunnyDayRealEstateAM
01-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Eh, this seems like a good idea. I'll try it right now and come back later with feed back.

_AnarchistArmy_
01-14-2006, 08:25 PM
this thing is quite cool.. some songs that were recommended were really songs that i had in my music library..

BridgeToSolace
01-15-2006, 12:43 AM
I don't like the site. Either the bands they suggest have nothing to do with the band I'm searching for, the band sucks, or I've already heard of them

For anyone with a decent knowledge of music, this site is not worth using. For every decent suggestion, you have to wade through about ten horrible ones.

Sometimes it's just silly. I was searching for other acoustic bands like Spill Canvas and it gave me...taproot.

It would be better if you could search by certain criteria, instead of only being able to search by band.

Searching for Wilhelm Scream is gave me...Slipknot and System Of A Down. Oh god, now I remember why I hate this thing.

Snoisrucxe
01-15-2006, 02:50 AM
That's a good idea, unfortunately the system doesn't always work. I used Taking Back Sunday as a band, and it gave me something like Minor Threat because of Minor Key Tonality. It's a good idea, just not put into action very well.

That's quite amusing.

DepthsOfDreams555
01-15-2006, 10:36 AM
I don't like the site. Either the bands they suggest have nothing to do with the band I'm searching for, the band sucks, or I've already heard of them

Got anyone with a decent knowledge of music, this site is not worth using. For every decent suggestion, you have to wade through about ten horrible ones.

Sometimes it's just silly. I was searching for other acoustic bands like Spill Canvas and it gave me...taproot.

It would be better if you could search by certain criteria, instead of only being able to search by band.

Searching for Wilhelm Scream is gave me...Slipknot and System Of A Down. Oh god, now I remember why I hate this thing.

Ummmmmm ok......

poo-poo-pee-pee
01-21-2006, 07:26 AM
I love you... You introduced me to Pandora.

Surtr
01-21-2006, 07:33 AM
Haha, this is a pretty cool thing. I think you should get your name changed Poo..It's rather..Hmm..Childish doesn't quite say it :p

poo-poo-pee-pee
01-21-2006, 07:43 AM
NEVER!!!

My name reflects who I am, where I'm going, and what I'll do when i get there.

And it makes about as much sence as that sentence did.

Surtr
01-21-2006, 08:07 AM
NEVER!!!

My name reflects who I am, where I'm going, and what I'll do when i get there.

And it makes about as much sence as that sentence did.
Your shit and piss? your going to shit and piss? and whenever you shit and piss your gonna' shit and piss there? :confused: I have no idea what your on but...:smoke:

SunnyDayRealEstateAM
01-21-2006, 09:39 AM
Pandora is alright. It'll give you some bands that have nothing to do with what your looking for. For example I typed in Circa Survive and it gave me Audioslave and Staind. Also, it can't search some bands such as The Fall of Troy, Circle Takes The Square, ect. But I foind this band I like a lot called Thunderbirds Are Now!

form
01-28-2006, 08:47 PM
IMO this thing works pretty good. Sure, it might come up with a band your not exactly looking for, but if it does, just skip to the next song, I found these bands by using it:

Swift
Embrace the End
Life in Pictures
Stretch Armstrong
A Love Ends Suicide
Skys Of Fire
Over it
Hopesfall
The Red Chord
The Confession

Props on finding it.

DepthsOfDreams555
01-29-2006, 06:58 AM
Ya I discovered Skys of Fire and Over It on here too...nice.

form
01-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Yeah they are pretty cool bands, I gotta listen to them more, gonna get some cds soon.

Mispeled
03-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Pandora can be frustrating at first, it takes a lot of effort to make good stations. You really just have to give it feedback for almost every song it plays at first.