PDA

View Full Version : guess what, another, another poll

innerdark
01-01-2006, 07:46 PM
do you think that there should be a review tutorial in the sputnik part of the site? let me explain in more detail.

in my english class, when we do essays, we're given essay plans to give us a rough idea of what to do. do you think that the same feature could be incorporated into the site? for example, the highest scoring overall and the highest scoring track by track being used as model answers.

morrissey
01-01-2006, 07:49 PM
There is one, let me link to it.

innerdark
01-01-2006, 07:50 PM
it didn't work, ( the poll)

There is one, let me link to it.

i know what you're talking about but i mean the site could have the highest scoring overall and highest scoring t-b-t as model answers, if you get my meaning

morrissey
01-01-2006, 07:55 PM
http://www.sputnikmusic.com/guidelines.php

There are already some reviews linked in it. They might need to be updated since it's possible better ones have been written since, but the idea is already there and I think people can get the idea with the current examples.

edit: to edit in a poll, click "thread tools" above the first post in the thread, a drop down menu should appear and select "add poll".

edit2: These guidelines should be more obviously linked though. I knew what I was looking for and it still took me a good five minutes to find them, and only by entering the address. Any who wasn't aware of these guidelines would never be able to find them.

edit again: I think I remember Med or Liberi saying that they used to be linked on the bottom beside the faq/feedback buttons. It should be pretty easy to add it down there again.

Jawaharal
01-01-2006, 07:56 PM
it didn't work, ( the poll)

i know what you're talking about but i mean the site could have the highest scoring overall and highest scoring t-b-t as model answers, if you get my meaning
I don't know if this is a good idea. Many people may not be excellent writers and may be discouraged if they think that their reviews should be like those models. Even if their writing isn't that good their contribution is still needed.

innerdark
01-01-2006, 08:00 PM
I don't know if this is a good idea. Many people may not be excellent writers and may be discouraged if they think that their reviews should be like those models. Even if their writing isn't that good their contribution is still needed.

suppose so

Storm In A Teacup
01-01-2006, 08:19 PM
If examples of say a Jom t-b-t are given, I think that new users would be discouraged to write reviews, as they might think that they couldn't write a could review after seeing it.

If I had before I wrote my first review (it sucked really bad, surprised it got approved, and recieved two pos. votes) I would never have tried.

lightbulbsun
01-01-2006, 08:32 PM
There shouldn't be a tutorial, there should be a list of pointers maybe, but if there were a tutorial all these crappy, uncreative writers would just start doing cookie cut reviews that are "good".

Jawaharal
01-01-2006, 08:33 PM
There shouldn't be a tutorial, there should be a list of pointers maybe, but if there were a tutorial all these crappy, uncreative writers would just start doing cookie cut reviews that are "good".
Exactly.

Damrod
01-02-2006, 04:38 AM
Hm, I stitched the Guidelines together back in the days when Sputnik just started. It should be reworked I guess, maybe in a different form.

Some kind of help should be there though, if people would at least look at it onece to get a slight idea what should be included in a review, we would not have to kick so many from the approval queue... =/

morrissey
01-02-2006, 04:43 AM
Hm, I stitched the Guidelines together back in the days when Sputnik just started. It should be reworked I guess, maybe in a different form.

Some kind of help should be there though, if people would at least look at it onece to get a slight idea what should be included in a review, we would not have to kick so many from the approval queue... =/
Are they linked to it when they first sign up or first try to submit a review? Because I can't find a link to the guidelines anywhere, but if the new writers are seeing it through different means then it's all good.

It might need to be reworked a little but the basic ideas are still the same now as they were when sputnik first started, as they were when hybridofsound first wrote the skeletal review guideline back in the day. It's a good guideline.

Damrod
01-02-2006, 04:49 AM
It's just the link in the "Submit Review" dialogue. We discussed 'forcing' the guidelines on first time contributors, but the verdict was it should not be a forced process, plus many would just click them away anyways.

Maybe a link on the main page (like "FAQ" on the bottom) would not hurt. I have some spare time this week, so I'll go through the guidelines again, and rework 'em a bit. :)