PDA

View Full Version : Epiphone G-400

Element of LED 435
12-29-2005, 11:49 AM
I bought this guitar 7 months ago and its my best seeing that i only have 3 and 1 is a beginner guitar and the other is an acoustic. This guitar's neck is rele heavy not much of a problem tho since the body of it is super light. The tuners arent bad and the glossy finish is spectacular and the sound is nice. I got it for about 430 wit tax. It's a pretty good deal for that price but i lucked out because it was selling for about 200 at my local guitar center for the holidays. The humbuckers are rele nice but the neck is not smooth enough so its a little hard to do those slides. Since I couldnt afford a real SG this one looks like the old ones with the half of the pick guard and thats fine with me. Overall when plugged into an amp it sounds decent if u play hard rock and such but not so much wen u paly jazz well at least not compared to my friends fender mexican strat which costs the same amount. Even though this is my best guitar I give this one a 8/10. :thumb:

Pseudo Man
12-30-2005, 01:03 AM
I had one and I hated it with all of my small shrivelled black heart, it had no balls in it's sound what's soever, I get more meat out of a strat or a 25 year old valencia LP special copy. The neck is so heavy that it you have to hold it all the time or else the headstock hits you in the back of the ancles. and the wood feels like balsa every little bump or scrape would leave huge dents and gouges and eventually the thing just snapped in half... i was drunk... and I did throw it at the amp quite hard... anyway the point is it didn't satisfy my metal head mate who I bought it off for bottom end and It didn't satisfy my punk/rockabilly tastes for twang, and then it broke.

it's probably not as bad as I make it sound but think very carefully before forking out for one.

La Revolucion
12-30-2005, 07:48 PM
This is my main guitar right now, though it is heavily modified (New tuners, paint job, pickups, and strap locks). The neck is way too heavy, though. If you've got some extra cash to modify the stock parts of this thing, it is worth it.

irtehmitchell
12-30-2005, 08:45 PM
i honostly hate this guitar.

mbrinton138
01-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Its good, I got the G-310 instead though caus it was cheaper. But when I played the G-400 Id give it a 7.5/10...the G-310 gets a 7/10

JESLY_FLAT_TERRAIN
01-10-2006, 03:39 AM
I have the Vintage model, and can only agree that the neck is too heavy.. the constant neckdive gets extremely annoying... maybe a stone brick attached to the body would do the trick :P

Courageux
01-30-2006, 01:25 PM
Hmm

Miek
01-30-2006, 01:28 PM
epi sg gets 4/10 imo