PDA

View Full Version : The Blues

Neamhtrocaireach
12-10-2005, 12:45 PM
"Music creates life and life creates music.......
The blues is not just music, its a way of life go now and feel it....."

Just wondering how many of you have actually felt the music.
My influences are BB King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Hendrix.
There should be a blues category.

Neamhtrocaireach
12-10-2005, 01:17 PM
Any tips on lyrics for Blues?

gillygan
12-10-2005, 04:34 PM
I loveSRV and hendrix, and im gettin into playin slide, but i dot really have any slide music.

Neamhtrocaireach
12-10-2005, 05:53 PM
I loveSRV and hendrix, and im gettin into playin slide, but i dot really have any slide music.

SLide isnt my favourite technique... I find it very.....erm.... non versatile?

Bartender
12-10-2005, 07:09 PM
There should be a blues category.

There isn't enough need for one.

Regardless, T-Model Ford is awesome. I can't believe how insanely catchy the bare-minimum drummer is. I'm quite convinced that if Spam doesn't make you want to move, you're most likely dead.

sketchyjoe
12-10-2005, 07:26 PM
Any tips on lyrics for Blues?
Sing about what makes you blue?

Robert Johnson and Blind Willie McTell are my favourite bluesmen.

JessJansen
12-10-2005, 07:49 PM
BB king is amazing also elrond james

Broken Arrow
12-10-2005, 10:54 PM
*Elmore James you mean

There are always various blues threads floating around. The last one made by magicbus did the best. It got pretty big.

Neamhtrocaireach
12-11-2005, 05:45 AM
God Blues is slowly fading....
Theres barely any new blues acts coming on the scene that actually become famous.. Its a shame rreally. Blues was such a powerful and influential music.

Bluesiestman
12-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Blues IS such a powerful and influential music.

The blues will always remain. People hundreds of years from now will still listen to Son House and Robert Johnson and Muddy Waters. And there are still great blues artists. Ever heard of Fat Possum Records? Blues has never been really mainstream, not in the way rock or rap is today, but in a since it has always been mainstream. All popular music today is an evolution of the blues, and most good musicians name blues artists as inspirtation. Blues will always be there, in the old recordings of The Masters, and in new people like the White Stripes who pay homage to the bluesmen of old while taking their songs and making them their own.

The blues will remain.

Neamhtrocaireach
12-12-2005, 12:12 PM
The blues will always remain. People hundreds of years from now will still listen to Son House and Robert Johnson and Muddy Waters. And there are still great blues artists. Ever heard of Fat Possum Records? Blues has never been really mainstream, not in the way rock or rap is today, but in a since it has always been mainstream. All popular music today is an evolution of the blues, and most good musicians name blues artists as inspirtation. Blues will always be there, in the old recordings of The Masters, and in new people like the White Stripes who pay homage to the bluesmen of old while taking their songs and making them their own.

The blues will remain.

Well said... :chug:
Youve cheered me up. I have dedicated my life to reintroducing the Blues in a massive big way......... We are running out. Slowly.
But i guess there will always be blues in the soul of every musician... Might'nt be twelve bars... but there will always be a touch of the emotion that came from Blues.