PDA

View Full Version : Angels Of Light

TalkingHead
12-10-2005, 02:01 AM
So, I've been hearing about this band (along with Swan) for the longest time, so I decided to pick up something by them and I randomly choose Everything Is Good Here.

And no I cant make up mind, this is eitherthe most fantastic thing I've ever heard, or the worst. At times it simply a clash of senseless noise, yet something happens ( a guitar riff or a drum beat) that keeps me on the edge of my seat.

So, to Angels Of Light/Swan fans out there: Was this the wrong cd to pick up for a first listen? and what other records by them do you reccomend?

Tangy zizzle
12-10-2005, 02:30 AM
Not the best to start off withm, but their best IMO.

They're a band I hardly ever mention for some reason, but they are a big big favourite.

Oh yeah, its Swans (the Swans) not just Swan.

Happymeal
12-10-2005, 07:09 AM
Their most recent album makes more sense than that one, but yeah, Everything is Good Here is better. I've also heard White Light from the Mouth of Infinity by Swans and it's kind of hard to listen to at times but maybe you'll like it right away.

mr_jackalope
12-10-2005, 11:25 AM
I've listened to the new one only twice, but I enjoyed it both times. It just wasn't capitvating enough to grab me...maybe I'll pop it on again.

If you like them, try the National. I got a similar vibe.

TalkingHead
12-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, and I'll definiatly check out all your recs.