PDA

View Full Version : Derek Trucks Band

hatebreeder
12-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Any opinions on these guys, favourite albums/songs?

PinkFreud
12-07-2005, 04:36 PM
theyre great. derek trucks is an amazing player. i would say that my favorite album is soul serenade and my favorite song is drown in my own tears.

Goodman/Fountain=#1
12-07-2005, 05:00 PM
derek trucks is the man, i have "Joyful Noise" and its one of my favorite cds, it has every style of music you'd ever want on it

Tom
12-09-2005, 08:55 AM
They are my all time favorite band for a while now.
Live, they are just incredible, I saw them four times, and everytime they are just getting better.
After their recent European tour it seems like the band has gone on a more soul direction which is great.
Derek is quite the character also, and he has this aura when he speaks to you.

And their new album is coming in Feburary, can't wait for it.

O yea, favorite album would be Into the Madness, and song would be Kickin' Back, but live their current version of Greensleeves is nuts.

Manticore Guy
12-10-2005, 04:15 PM
They are amazing, one of my favorite bands. I love Live at the Georgia Theatre, its a fantastic cd.

Lydisk
12-10-2005, 05:55 PM
soul serenade \m/

We No Speak
12-16-2005, 08:44 AM
Derek Trucks is great.

I'm sure you know, but just in case, you can download over 400 of his live shows at

http://www.archive.org/audio/etreelisting-browse.php?collection=etree

Rick Calic
www.jazzrockworld.com

jazzfunkboy
12-19-2005, 03:18 PM
his playing is so vocal its crazy. im not even a fan of blues guitar (which is a huge influence on him), but i dig his stuff. id imagine it would be crazy to see him live.

its funny, but until i saw his picture i thought he was a black guy. but far from it!