PDA

View Full Version : The Techno Discussion Thread.

zombie autopilot2
11-27-2005, 12:07 AM
From trance to breakbeats to rave. Talk about different types of techno or related genres here.

Post something about your favorite DJ's or artists.

No flaming or spam

Sleeper
11-27-2005, 01:16 AM
Well my favorite Techno band will always be Apoptygma Berzerk, I'm still a big newbie in this genre though.

Eyepatched
11-27-2005, 02:42 AM
You should check out some Reppresive, Shpongle, Infected Mushroom im still a big amatuer to but i was referred to some of these guys and loved there stuff.

zombie autopilot2
11-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Im more into like the breakbeat stuff.

Eyepatched
11-28-2005, 02:53 AM
Give us some names man , ill check it all out :)

zombie autopilot2
11-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Im really into like Dj Babyboi and Dj Pheer.

Edit: I'll check out your stuff too.

Glitterati
11-28-2005, 05:47 PM
Kraftwerk is where it's at.

Eyepatched
11-29-2005, 03:10 AM
Checkin it all out thanks for all this names ;)

Aes820
11-29-2005, 03:50 AM
Im more into like the breakbeat stuff.
Suggested Listening:
Soma Rasa (http://www.somarasa.com/audio/somarasa_say%20what_sample.mp3), Fatt Dex, Propellerheads, Armand Van Helden.
Maybe then; Brooklyn Bounce and Sonicanimation.

If you'd like some samples, let me know and I'll see what I can do for ya.

Id never thought I'd hear Humpty Hump drop the line "Brisbane is crunked now" in a song with a Joe Strummer sample. That's so awesome.

zombie autopilot2
11-29-2005, 09:37 AM
Alright I'll check those artists/bands out and ill return with an opinion for ya.

firefoxzero
11-29-2005, 10:05 AM
various electronic music:

venetian snares
future sound of london
pendulum
plait
squarepusher

left
11-29-2005, 12:15 PM
awesome stuff firefoxzero mentioned there, but why put them in a techno thread ?!?!? i fail to see the point, isnt there an IDM thread ?

anyhow, Brooklyn Bounce is just bad house, while Infected Mushroom are goa trance.

However, i`d suggest to step a bit over techno and go to drum'n'bass (if you say you like breakbeat) and you might wanna start with Goldie. If you like him, great :D

Aes820
11-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Brooklyn Bounce
:lol: Yeah. I know.
That's why I kind of put them off on their own.
They are full of cheese but I still like them.

left
11-29-2005, 02:52 PM
the 2 original dancers looked really good, basically that's all that caught my attention with that band. Oh, and the silly Mansonish hat the dude was wearing. :D

zombie autopilot2
11-29-2005, 05:59 PM
I really like some of those artists/bands you listed AES. Maybe I'm thinking of a different breakbeats I don't know. The stuff I hear is when I go to breakdancing circles lol.

Eyepatched
11-29-2005, 06:40 PM
various electronic music:

venetian snares
future sound of london
pendulum
plait
squarepusher

Not grilling ya but we got a thread for electronic discussion now :) but thanks for the names anyway buddy.

zombie autopilot2
11-29-2005, 09:44 PM
I really like Frou Frou also. You know any other bands like them? Also check out The Sea and Cake, I'm not sure what the genre is but it's great.

Glitterati
11-29-2005, 10:05 PM
Some purists may argue about whether he's hardcore techno or not, but I really like Moby.

Lady Lex
11-29-2005, 10:49 PM
Suggested Listening:
Soma Rasa (http://www.somarasa.com/audio/somarasa_say%20what_sample.mp3), Fatt Dex, Propellerheads, Armand Van Helden.
Maybe then; Brooklyn Bounce and Sonicanimation.

If you'd like some samples, let me know and I'll see what I can do for ya.

Id never thought I'd hear Humpty Hump drop the line "Brisbane is crunked now" in a song with a Joe Strummer sample. That's so awesome.

:lol: Soma ARE awesome! Theyvve actually been getting some air time too!

Desyn Masiello - recent release of Balance 008. BRILLIANT.
Scott Walker and magoo. (brisbane)
Bexta. (syd)
Gabriel & Dresden (SanFran)
BT
GTR (trance)
Alex Taylor (funk house)
Erther (dnb)
Jules Beaumont (funk)

gawd.. heaps :)

Aes820
11-29-2005, 11:51 PM
Both BT and GTR are great.
I downloaded a GTR track called Mistral off trance-addict.com, It's great listening.
I also think GTR has had tracks appear on several Gatecrasher compliations, which I am a big fan of.

Lady Lex
11-30-2005, 12:09 AM
I was actually very lucky - I got to interview The GTR - REALLY lovely fellow and very humble. His Gatecrasher CDs are wikkid. And he's awesome live. Since I saw him live, I dont want to listen to his CDs anymore. Weird. I dont mind to.. I just get disappointed that his presence isnt there with his music :lol:

Same with BT. Once I saw him live, I didnt really want to listen to his CDs - tho his soundtracks are amazing. Its all so strange! :) PS BT live is a MUST. OMG.. I wanna have his babies.

Aes820
11-30-2005, 01:36 AM
^ Do you listen to much Oakenfold, Ferry Corsten, or Tiesto?

Eyepatched
11-30-2005, 04:01 AM
I Listen to DJ Tiestso man he has some GREAT stuff for those who havent heard anything from him a suggested mix is Adagio For Strings

EDIT : Spelling Fixed :)

Stert
11-30-2005, 09:16 PM
just a question.....how do these guys get the bass sounds they do?

do they use a synth or a bass guitar and then manipulate it somehow? a lot of the bass lines sound like someone is changing notes by turning a dial or something (the bass kind of just slides into the next note)

can these sounds be done in a live setting or is it all just done on a computer?

and info would be great

zombie autopilot2
12-01-2005, 12:10 AM
Alot of them use a synth from what I know of and alot of these sounds can be done live.

zombie autopilot2
12-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Too many other Techno or Electronica threads were made after mine so might as well close this one.