PDA

View Full Version : I need a list of baritone rock singers

faisal
11-26-2005, 06:12 PM
i know Aaron Lewis from staind is a Baritone...but he's the only one i'm sure of...please tell me the names of more baritone rock singers and the band they come from.

Screamin_Demon_Auz
11-26-2005, 06:53 PM
Most rock singers are baritones actually, even the ones who can sing pretty high who people call tenors are usually baritones. Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, Rob Halford of Judas Priest, Geoff Tate of Queensryche are all examples of baritones. Eve Axl Rose who most people assume is tenor because he sings mostly in a reinforced falsetto.

RobJones
11-26-2005, 07:02 PM
Most rock singers are baritones actually, even the ones who can sing pretty high who people call tenors are usually baritones. Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, Rob Halford of Judas Priest, Geoff Tate of Queensryche are all examples of baritones. Eve Axl Rose who most people assume is tenor because he sings mostly in a reinforced falsetto.

Thank god, I'm told I'm "very bassy", I thought it meant I was unusable.

faisal
11-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Then I guess I'm looking for singers who are more on the bass side...like Aaron Lewis. Or singers with limited range (thats rare, i know)

vashts80
11-26-2005, 07:44 PM
I believe Matt Barlow (ex-Iced Earth) was/is a baritone. Someone with limited range? James Hetfield of Metallica.

TheJarve
11-26-2005, 08:02 PM
i've got limited range!!!!

\spam

Merkaba
11-26-2005, 10:46 PM
most of them...

Seafroggys
11-27-2005, 12:14 AM
yeah most of them are baritone, though most prog singers are tenors....

Screamin_Demon_Auz
11-27-2005, 12:27 AM
Actually most of the prog singers i've heard are also bari's as well as power metal.

Aus_rock_god
11-27-2005, 02:43 AM
Most male singers are baritone.

faisal
11-27-2005, 04:43 AM
Ok then I'll rephrase my question:
I need a list of singers with limited range or who use less of their range.
James Hetfield was a good answer.
What I want to do is get many rock songs which are easy to sing for beginners who have no range.

Seafroggys
11-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Actually most of the prog singers i've heard are also bari's as well as power metal.

i'll have to disagree with that statement. I did a heavy duty research project for my senior paper/project/speech on progressive rock, and from all the sources I have read, and also from what I have heard, they are very tenor like.

Mostly.

Moseph
11-27-2005, 10:38 PM
Jim Morrison from the Doors
Travis Meeks from Days of the New
Scott Stapp from Creed
Jimi Hendrix

Screamin_Demon_Auz
11-27-2005, 11:26 PM
Name some of the singers because personally I don't know of many. I could be wrong but it has to do with more of the sound of someones voice if it leans more towards sounding lower or higher when they sing. Steve Perry from Journey has a very light tone; hes a tenor. Geoff Tate from Queensryche, although he can sing very high has a darker tone even on those highs is a baritone.

Would you happen to still have that project? It would be interesting to read

Electric Riley
11-28-2005, 12:47 AM
Elvis Presly. Duh.

Jim Morrison. That's a good one.

What sort of style do you want? Anything in particular?

faisal
11-28-2005, 03:40 AM
Elvis Presly. Duh.

Jim Morrison. That's a good one.

What sort of style do you want? Anything in particular?

As long as its rock.
I'll have to disagree with Elvis. He had quite a range.
Its just that he sang a lot in his lower range.

Merker
11-28-2005, 01:04 PM
do these guys use mainly falsetto?
Jesse James Dupree
Brian Johnson
Mark Slaughter

Screamin_Demon_Auz
11-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Slaughter and Johnson both use a good bit of falsetto and reinforced falsetto (A mix of head and falsetto). Im not too familiar with Jackly but if Dupree sounds like the other two most likely yes.

Merker
11-29-2005, 01:46 PM
thanks dude