PDA

View Full Version : Muse

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18

Duman
01-01-2007, 06:58 AM
^ Your avatar pretty much sums up my reaction to that statement

I would have thought the MCR crowd and the Muse crowd would have been very different. I don't really see many of them appreciating Muse for their musicianship, but just for 'a couple of catchy songs'.

Eliminator
01-01-2007, 07:02 AM
actually a lot of them are stupid enough to like muse

i know it's tragic

Polyamarous
01-01-2007, 07:09 AM
Who are you and why are you here?
MUSE>MCR 4 LYFE!

Seriously though, MCR don't put in half as much effort into thier music as Muse do, and it's David Vs Goliath in terms of instrumental ability. MCR write songs so they can be rich and famous and give scene kids something to wank over and thats fine, whatever floats thier boat. But I think calling Muse fans stupid is unjust.

Eliminator
01-01-2007, 07:11 AM
Seriously though, MCR don't put in half as much effort into thier music as Muse do

How do you know this?

MCR write songs so they can be rich and famous and give scene kids something to wank over

And this

Kyle
01-01-2007, 07:17 AM
Seriously I'd take Muse over MCR any day of the week, but you that's not to say MCR don't put any effort into their music. They're just making music which appeals to them and their fanbase. In fact MCR's new album was fairly ambitious musically.

Muse are good musicians and write great songs, some people talk about them like they're gods or something though.

Eliminator
01-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Example: Untitled.

trysthedrummer
01-01-2007, 08:39 AM
who are mcr?

edit: oh my chemical romance? Theyre aload of poo

I think muse supporting mcr is good.

2muchket!
01-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Example: Untitled.

But Matt Bellamy is god !!

trysthedrummer
01-01-2007, 10:40 AM
Definately. He probably doesn't try to, mcr do. Or thats the way it seems.

Shattered_Future
01-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Man, and I was trying to get into Muse too. Now I can't go see them cause they're playing with a band I can't stand. :angry:

2muchket!
01-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Don't worry see muse then bugger off when MCR play, it's worth it honestly.

Clunge
01-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Man, and I was trying to get into Muse too. Now I can't go see them cause they're playing with a band I can't stand. :angry:
Go, see Muse, go home.

Seriously, don't miss the chance to see them, this could well be the last time they go back to the states on the BH&R tour, seeing as they have already toured there twice.

Shattered_Future
01-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Perhaps...when are they touring around the US again? I was looking on Ticketmaster but couldn't find any dates.

I could probably get that information from my friend...she has an obsession with the band. I don't think it's too healthy for her...:p

ghettoeddo
01-01-2007, 01:30 PM
haha teh banner at the top of this page says "time is running out. what will YOU do?" for darfur something.

how fitting :)

but when are they comin to the states again? i cant miss them this time around...

mutant!
01-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Hi gice.

Can anyone hook me up with a nice high-quality mp3 audio rip of Sing For Absolution and TSP as seen on the Abso DVD? That'd be swell.

trysthedrummer
01-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Clunge your up.

Unless....

mm naa

Clunge
01-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Comin' right up :smoke:.

Clunge
01-01-2007, 01:57 PM
http://download.yousendit.com/17341E340946655A

Sing For Absolution live at Glastonbury 2004
The Small Print live at Earls Court 2004

Both ripped from the Absolution Tour DVD.

I've got a few more b-sides for tomorrow:

- Knights Of Cydonia (Live @ AOL Sessions 2006)
- Supermassive Black Hole (Live @ Rushes Studio 2006)
- City Of Delusion (Live @ Birmingham 2006)

But most interesting is an alternative version of Muscle Museum that was recorded back in 1999 but was never released on anything. I don't know how the Muse community got it, but it got out somehow, I'd never heard it before tonight but it's bloody amazing!

All will be uploaded tomorrow :).

mutant!
01-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Clunge, baby... Explain to me quickly what the deal is with Inspirations? Like, what is it?

also; cheers for upload :chug:

mutant!
01-01-2007, 02:19 PM
omg I can't get over how immense this version of TSP is.

Clunge
01-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Clunge, baby... Explain to me quickly what the deal is with Inspirations? Like, what is it?

also; cheers for upload :chug:
Is it the b-sides collection?

If so, it's a Russian fake. The only official b-sides collection is Hullabaloo.

rocNsoc
01-01-2007, 05:38 PM
I saw Muse this fall in Saint Louis, MO at The Pageant, it was an amazing show. Tickets were pretty steep though.

bwnstl
01-01-2007, 11:45 PM
I saw Muse this fall in Saint Louis, MO at The Pageant, it was an amazing show. Tickets were pretty steep though.

Meh, only after the service charge and crap. And the Pageant is a terrible venue, IMO.
Edit: AAAANNNNND we got the worst setlist of the entire tour. They were still fantastic though...

Clunge
01-02-2007, 02:09 AM
Yee, no Newborn or Bliss.

I wonder why they suddenly did that, there could be another reason. They've had to drop certain songs for a show or two in the past for finger injuries/broken equipment.

bwnstl
01-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Yee, no Newborn or Bliss.

I wonder why they suddenly did that, there could be another reason. They've had to drop certain songs for a show or two in the past for finger injuries/broken equipment.

Probably because everyone (bands, anyway) hates this god-forsaken hell-hole of a city.

DBoons Ghost
01-02-2007, 12:52 PM
I saw some live footage of these guys off YouTube. I think the song was Stockholm Syndrome, and I have to say I was impressed, as they sure did play it well. I am not a fan of these guys, but it would seem they are excellent live. I bought the album the song is on "Absolution" and I don't like it much at all. I was hoping to like it after buying Showbiz and being dissapointed with the exception of a few songs.

Is the new one really a final break from their ripoff of Radiohead?

Clunge
01-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Ergh, only their first album sounds at all Radiohead influenced, and only very little at that.

/pet peeve.

Each to their own though, I absolutely love Absolution, and Black Holes And Revelations (their new album) is the most varied body of work they've produced so far so I'd definitely take a listen.

If you really want to hear the true Muse sound, get the album Origin Of Symmetry - it's regarded as their most complete/best album so far.

DBoons Ghost
01-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Sorry to touch on a nerve, but their second one sounds more like Radiohead then their first. I listened to it start to finish over a friend's house with him telling me how much they don't sound like Radiohead only to end up pointing out every reason why they do.

My only real question is the new one worth buying? Let's forget I mentioned Radiohead at all. Assuming I don't like all of Showbiz and only some of Absolution.

I gotta say though that YouTube video is phenomonal. Bellamy's got an interesting style of making noise, but Wolstenholme's steady play is what made me like it.

Untitled
01-02-2007, 02:09 PM
Origin of symmetry, its the best, and a bit of a go between for them to albums.

DBoons Ghost
01-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Maybe I'll give it another listen.

I will buy the new one regardless. I dig these guys, but I am unsure of Bellamy's fits of falsetto singing. I dunno. I like when people sing with emotion, but I don't always hear it that way. It makes me cring with thoughts of Coheed and Cambria, which is just awful.

Clunge
01-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Well, yes, the new album is definitely worth buying from my point of view but if you're not really a massive fan of Showbiz or Absolution, you're probably not going to enjoy Black Holes And Revelations as much as you might because it is still sounds essentially, like classic Muse.

But yes, go out and get it, take a listen and report back :thumb:.

And take into account Muse sound a million times better live than in the studio - I don't really listen to the studio tracks at all, simply because of the very flat production of Rich Costey's on their latest two albums.

Shadius
01-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Sorry to touch on a nerve, but their second one sounds more like Radiohead then their first. I listened to it start to finish over a friend's house with him telling me how much they don't sound like Radiohead only to end up pointing out every reason why they do.

My only real question is the new one worth buying? Let's forget I mentioned Radiohead at all. Assuming I don't like all of Showbiz and only some of Absolution.

I gotta say though that YouTube video is phenomonal. Bellamy's got an interesting style of making noise, but Wolstenholme's steady play is what made me like it.

What reasons do they sound like Radiohead? Usually dark music.. singer uses falsetto? Experimental? What else? Theres a lot of bands under that broad umbrella.

DBoons Ghost
01-03-2007, 08:11 AM
What reasons do they sound like Radiohead? Usually dark music.. singer uses falsetto? Experimental? What else? Theres a lot of bands under that broad umbrella.

There are a lot of bands under that umbrella, but none so closely related as Muse and Radiohead. The comparisons are fairly non existent as both bands matured, but there were periods in which they sounded fairly similar. In my opinion, Thom Yorke and Bellamy both benefited from Buckley's commercial acceptance of falsettos when used properly and with great emotion. Radiohead's textured melodies were something never commercially accepted and I think they paved the way for a band like Muse to be accepted. Bellamy uses a lot more MIDI and sequences more then I'd like but I am not one to play tit for tat. I am sure given the proper criteria any band can be compared in this way. Muse is a more aggresive Radiohead for all intents and purposes, but these days both bands have defined themselves in their own categories. Layering sequenced melodies is nothing new to music, but the way they both do it is truly similar. I cannot say Muse ripped off anyone, but to deny they are similar in that regard is to claim fanboism on both sides.

It's all good in the end. I like both bands in their own rights.

Duman
01-03-2007, 09:25 AM
I guess i'm a fanboy on both sides then.

DBoons Ghost
01-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Well, my opinion is merely that. Don't take it personal. Maybe fanboi was the wrong term.

I like both bands. Like I said, given enough criteria, one can find similarities in a ton of bands.

Duman
01-03-2007, 09:52 AM
Nah it wasn't meant in an angry way, I just don't really see any similarities (apart from the vocals) between Radiohead's music since The Bends and Muse's discography.

The 3 most recent Radiohead albums aren't worth explaining, OK Computer had some songs that were a little Muse-y I suppose and the first two were a bit more guitarry so you could say that's where Muse got the rough edge from.

And I actually am quite a fanboy of both bands :D

mutant!
01-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Electioneering could have been Muse.

Cave could have been Radiohead.

There are more examples which I believe make for sufficient grounds to call the bands similar.

IMO Muse is like a teenage Radiohead that discovered RATM.

Polyamarous
01-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Well Muse aren't anywhere near as depressive as Radiohead.

Would hang yourself to Starlight?

mutant!
01-03-2007, 10:37 AM
I would, tbh.

I'm great at finding depressing meanings in happy artworks. Music included.

ghettoeddo
01-03-2007, 01:36 PM
that's not such a great thing to have man... :\
why look for depressing things?

trysthedrummer
01-04-2007, 03:12 AM
Yeah thats sad man. Always look on the brightside of life?

Shadius
01-04-2007, 03:40 AM
To be honest, I don't even find Matt's and Thom's voices to be very similar other than they both use falsetto, and TONS of artists use falsetto these days, come on, all those bands influenced by Buckley > Radiohead > Muse.

I agree that there is a common heritage musically between Radiohead and Muse but I think the bands are sufficiantly different to not warrant a lot of the comparisons they get. To be quite honest, I think a band like Coldplay is trying to be Radiohead, and Muse are simply trying to be themselves.

Muse have a lot of musical heritage that seperates them from Radiohead, ie: Their heavier rock/metal influences, and the classical/operatic stuff. Also, they're more overblown than Radiohead ever were, especially considering Radiohead went all minimalistic. Other bands could drawn bigger comparisons with Radiohead in my opinion.

Muse's latest album sounds NOTHING like anything Radiohead has ever done, and most Muse songs on the past three albums don't either.

Spiritofmosa
01-04-2007, 04:37 AM
these guys are comming down to singapore. Im not a big fan and kinda interested in these guys but the tics are 85 bucks.

Duman
01-04-2007, 07:24 AM
I think Shadius' post was what I was trying to say, but couldn't put it into words.

ghettoeddo
01-04-2007, 11:53 AM
its worth it spiritofmosa.

well that's just me. id buy them in a heartbeat

Clunge
01-04-2007, 12:15 PM
these guys are comming down to singapore. Im not a big fan and kinda interested in these guys but the tics are 85 bucks.
Go, they're absolutely immense live.

You won't regret it, I assure you now.

Dead Star
01-04-2007, 12:17 PM
http://download.yousendit.com/17341E340946655A

Sing For Absolution live at Glastonbury 2004
The Small Print live at Earls Court 2004

Both ripped from the Absolution Tour DVD.

I've got a few more b-sides for tomorrow:

- Knights Of Cydonia (Live @ AOL Sessions 2006)
- City Of Delusion (Live @ Birmingham 2006)

But most interesting is an alternative version of Muscle Museum that was recorded back in 1999 but was never released on anything. I don't know how the Muse community got it, but it got out somehow, I'd never heard it before tonight but it's bloody amazing!

All will be uploaded tomorrow :).

coughcoughcough

Mr. Pickle
01-04-2007, 02:57 PM
To be honest, I don't even find Matt's and Thom's voices to be very similar other than they both use falsetto

I think they are pretty similar. Bellamy just sounds like Thom Yorke before puberty to me.

To me, a lot of their older stuff sounds similar to Radiohead. I honestly can't believe most people who says they can't find at least a TINY hint of Radiohead in Muse, but I think the reason they are so widely compared is simply because of how big of an influence Radiohead is to Muse. (Or is it just Bellamy?)

Clunge
01-04-2007, 03:07 PM
coughcoughcough
Ooeoreorreerrr, sozzles.

I'll do that tomorrow fo' sho' :smoke: .

Clunge
01-06-2007, 04:24 AM
http://download.yousendit.com/E4AB2E5754A14245

Righto:

- Muscle Museum (Alt. Take)
- Knights Of Cydonia (Live @ AOL Session 2006)
- City Of Delusion (Live @ Birmingham NEC 2006)

All pro-recorded, great quality, equalised volume.

Enjoy, I think this was the second ever performance of SMBH, just after the Radio 1 Big Weekend.

Shadius
01-06-2007, 04:34 AM
I think they are pretty similar. Bellamy just sounds like Thom Yorke before puberty to me.

To me, a lot of their older stuff sounds similar to Radiohead. I honestly can't believe most people who says they can't find at least a TINY hint of Radiohead in Muse, but I think the reason they are so widely compared is simply because of how big of an influence Radiohead is to Muse. (Or is it just Bellamy?)

I think Matt's voice has sounded mature since OoS, it sounds a little immature on Showbiz in places. His voice sounds really mature on the latest album especially, I don't get how his voice sounds like some kind of younger Yorke.

And.. I do see a tiny hint of Radiohead in Muse. I see about as much Radiohead as I see Rage Against the Machine in the riffs on OoS, or System of a Down in assassin, or various classical piano players in various piano based pieces, or Nancy Sinatra in Hoodoo, or Spagetti Western in KoC.

My point is, theres about a hundred different artists who've influenced them, and the only time it comes across as negative is with the Radiohead simularities people seem to want to find, which to be honest are mostly minimal, especially in the last 6 years or so.

Clunge
01-06-2007, 01:06 PM
http://download.yousendit.com/E4AB2E5754A14245

Bump'd for yousendit'ness.

Grab it while it's hot!

trysthedrummer
01-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Nah

Its gone cold now nice one

mutant!
01-06-2007, 03:36 PM
There was another Abso DVD rip I wanted from you, Clunge... But I forget which now, and I truthfully can not be arsed to walk all the way to the TV and look on the DVD cover for it.

mutant!
01-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Oh yeah, Bliss and Muscle Museum (scary death carnaval music, that).

Clunge
01-06-2007, 04:37 PM
I'll do that tomorrow.

mutant!
01-07-2007, 02:48 AM
That'll be awesome, thanks. ^_^

Clunge
01-07-2007, 03:47 AM
http://download.yousendit.com/6A95AC6F3B328F8D

:).

nekotjie
01-09-2007, 03:31 AM

:eek:

meh dude. if they come down here i'd sell my house to get tickets. but no, they don't.

in other words, i envy you for having the chance to see them live. Muse and Radiohead are, imo, the only two bands i'd pay through my neck to get tickets for.

Clunge
01-09-2007, 03:34 AM
Oooohhh, I completely forgot that they restart touring in a week.

And yes, even though I've seen them three times, I would never pass up another opportunity to see them, it's just two hours of glee!

And Radiohead... if I don't see them in my lifetime, I will die an unfulfilled person.

Shadius
01-09-2007, 03:50 AM
And Radiohead... if I don't see them in my lifetime, I will die an unfulfilled person.

Me too. Hopefully i'll see them next big tour.

Kyle
01-09-2007, 03:58 AM
123'd^^

nekotjie
01-09-2007, 04:02 AM

you speak truth, indeed. i can just imagine how trippy a show Radiohead will give when they perform live. i've seen videos and such, but i scheme it'll be all the more better on stage.

Clunge
01-09-2007, 06:54 AM
Yee, can't wait.

I'm pee'd off at the mo though, The Arcade Tour aren't playing anywhere near me :(.

Kyle
01-09-2007, 07:04 AM
Me too!! Considering going to London anyway though, missing a few days of lectures.

Clunge
01-09-2007, 07:18 AM
Nneeifiodg, it's just so impractical living in Somerset, only smallish bands/one-album bands visit Exeter and Bristol :(.

They're rumoured to be playing this years Eden Sessions though, which will be amazing though, best venue for a gig imaginable (especially when that gig is Muse :D).

Untitled
01-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Nneeifiodg, it's just so impractical living in Somerset, only smallish bands/one-album bands visit Exeter and Bristol :(.

They're rumoured to be playing this years Eden Sessions though, which will be amazing though, best venue for a gig imaginable (especially when that gig is Muse :D).

Any gig in manchester > anywhere else.

The MEN is the best arena in the uk (ever noticed how a lot of bands release live DVDs from the men?) and the academy's, and even the Apollo so some extent are great venues.

Kyle
01-09-2007, 11:00 AM
I've never been to the MEN, but I tend to dislike arena gigs on the whole.

trysthedrummer
01-09-2007, 11:03 AM
MEN was pretty cool, sound doesn't carry very well in the arenas though.

Im sure when wembley is done, then, yeah, whoa

Duman
01-09-2007, 01:05 PM

Seen them woo :cool:

Clunge
01-09-2007, 01:23 PM
'One of our spies recently walked into *removed* production house and found out (by peeking at their corporate calendar) that they are scheduled to be editing Muse's Wembley Stadium show (16th June).

The source footage will be HD (1080p)

This isn't confirmed by Muse yet, but it's looking very promising.

Thanks to Paul for this.'

Fresh gossip from Muselive. The studio was Blink, who are the leading concert film company so this looks pretty solidly grounded.

In other news, BH&R to be re-released in Japan with a bonus DVD, currently known to feature the music vids for SMBH, Starlight and KoC, as well as live footage from Readind and the Summersonic festical in Japan, as well as the SMBH making of footage.

That's all for now.

2muchket!
01-10-2007, 12:24 PM
I've never been to the MEN, but I tend to dislike arena gigs on the whole.

Agreed. I much prefer a smaller intimate gig.

Clunge
01-10-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm torn, I saw Muse at the MEN on the 11th and was blown away. It was a gig of epic proportions and a great setlist.

A week later, I saw Amplifier at a tiny venue in Southampton, barely 100 people there and it was just better, it seemed so real in comparison.

Muse need to crash and burn for a bit.

trysthedrummer
01-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Comon gotta get these wembley tickets I can hear them calling me!! :D

Might have to get train there but there is none coming back at the right time, maybe a bus or something

Shattered_Future
01-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Well, I've finally come across a crapload of Muse and I have to say: they aren't half bad. They're like very few of the other bands I listen to, but somehow I found myself liking them. The only poor spot I can find is the vocals (which aren't my cup of tea), but they're tolerable.

Clunge
01-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Yay, I can see why the vocals might be an aquired taste, especially with Bellamy's trademark gasp before each line but still, good stuff.

I take it you've got Origin Of Symmetry?

Shattered_Future
01-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Yep. I'm working my way backwards through the albums though...finishing up Absolution today.

Kyle
01-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Yay, I can see why the vocals might be an aquired taste, especially with Bellamy's trademark gasp before each line but still, good stuff.

I take it you've got Origin Of Symmetry?God it's horrible, sometimes I get so focused on it and I can't listen to Muse for a while. Usually doesn't last too long though, thankfully.

bwnstl
01-10-2007, 04:00 PM
I really only notice it on Showbiz, otherwise it's like it's not even there.

Kyle
01-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Time is Running Out.....listen.

bwnstl
01-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Well even when I notice it I'm not really bothered by it, so.............no! :p

Clunge
01-11-2007, 12:59 AM
In all honesty, I never noticed it until someone pointed it out to me, and it still doesn't bother me.

I still don't notice it.

Amor
01-11-2007, 03:35 AM
He's got a pretty powerful voice ..So I guess the gasping is needed ;)

Muse are a fantastic band, but I don't listen to them all the time - infact I havn't listened to them for a while so I might do that now! :p

Dead Star
01-11-2007, 07:54 AM
I didn't notice he done the gasping thing until it was pointed out to me tbh.

I only notice it when I'm listening for it.

2muchket!
01-11-2007, 09:56 AM
I notice it but ya know it's a little quirk which doesn't bother me.

Duman
01-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Oh yeah the breaths! They really annoyed me at first but I got used to it I suppose, never really think about them/notice them when i'm listening nowadays.

trysthedrummer
01-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Im with dead star on this one lol, I can't say Ive really noticed it

Clunge
01-19-2007, 06:05 AM
First setlist Big Day Out tour:

19th Jan 07

1. Knights Of Cydonia
2. Starlight
3. Hysteria
4. Newborn
5. Supermassive Black Hole
6. Map Of The Problematique
7. Invincible
8. Time Is Running Out
9. Plug In Baby
10. Stockholm Syndrome
11. Take A Bow

Second-top of the bill below Tool, hence the shorter set. Still, pretty cool short set, good to see Newborn, Plug In Baby and Take A Bow getting a look in.

Dead Star
01-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Wow.

I forgot they were in Australialand.

Clunge
01-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Hehe, this thread was pretty dead too...

nekotjie
01-19-2007, 02:24 PM
i think the breathing is quite hot..

symmetrix
01-19-2007, 03:14 PM
i heard muse was a hot new band i heard it and i liked the bass it was neat

loathed
01-19-2007, 05:24 PM
They were here (Singapore) recently, heard it was really really good.

Clunge
01-20-2007, 01:23 AM
i heard muse was a hot new band i heard it and i liked the bass it was neat
Cool - go and get 'Origin Of Symmetry' - that album has some amazing bass and is probably Muse's best album.
They were here (Singapore) recently, heard it was really really good.
Yee, their first ever show in Singapore on the 16th. Sounded pretty cool, there are a couple of bootlegs floating around too.

Spiritofmosa
01-20-2007, 02:36 AM
i got lucky and got into the muse concert last tuesday for free

Clunge
01-20-2007, 02:58 AM
Hehe, smooth moves :cool:.

loathed
01-20-2007, 03:27 AM
Sounded pretty cool, there are a couple of bootlegs floating around too.

got any idea where i could possible get that?

blizzard
01-20-2007, 04:53 AM
I'm seeing them tomorrow night... its going to be so incredible.

Dead Star
01-20-2007, 05:57 AM
got any idea where i could possible get that?

http://www.muselive.com/

You can get bloody anything from that site.

Spiritofmosa
01-20-2007, 07:47 AM
hey loathed which part of sg are you located ?

loathed
01-20-2007, 08:05 AM
huh? western Singapore?

Sad But True
01-20-2007, 08:19 AM
I would've given my left nut to see Muse and Tool on the same night.

Eugh, I still haven't seen Muse at all.

I'm guessing their next UK stuff is the summer festivals?

Spiritofmosa
01-21-2007, 12:34 AM
huh? western Singapore?

oh ok. i stay arnd the central

Clunge
01-21-2007, 01:40 AM
I'm guessing their next UK stuff is the summer festivals?
Yup, they won't be doing an awful lot of UK festival stuff, just their Wembley shows (crappy seats still available!) and probably both T In The Park and Oxegen.

Collis
01-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Second-top of the bill below Tool, hence the shorter set. Still, pretty cool short set, good to see Newborn, Plug In Baby and Take A Bow getting a look in.

Oh my life! Tool AND Muse, shame it was in Australia; although I think seeing those together in the same day/night would call for drastic measures. And for a possible debate, Tool > Muse :thumb:

Spiritofmosa
01-21-2007, 09:28 AM
Oh my life! Tool AND Muse, shame it was in Australia; although I think seeing those together in the same day/night would call for drastic measures. And for a possible debate, Tool > Muse :thumb:

i love tool.

Clunge
01-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Muse > Tool x999999999999999999999999999999999999.

I still love Tool though :cool: .

ghettoeddo
01-21-2007, 11:17 AM
i want to see muuuuse

blizzard
01-21-2007, 09:26 PM
I just got back from the big day out yesterday... Muse were incredible definitely the best band there, as for the setlist it was very similar to their Auckland show:

1. Knights Of Cydonia
2. Starlight
3. Hysteria
4. Newborn
6. Map Of The Problematique
7. Invincible
8. Time Is Running Out
9. Plug In Baby
10. Stockholm Syndrome
11. Take A Bow

They didn't play it in quite that order and they played Butterflies and Hurricanes too. :D

ghettoeddo
01-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Moist

Dead Star
01-22-2007, 09:24 AM
I've yet to see Butterflies and Hurricanes. :(

ghettoeddo
01-22-2007, 01:14 PM
quit complaining.

i've yet to see them live at all you can't have everything man

Dead Star
01-22-2007, 01:15 PM
They could at least play Butterflies and Hurricanes when I see them jeez

Shattered_Future
01-22-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm thinking of going to Bamboozle just to see Muse and Linkin Park. How long would you figure they'd play there?

Dead Star
01-22-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm thinking of going to Bamboozle just to see Muse and Linkin Park. How long would you figure they'd play there?

Depends how far up the bill they are. Link to the festival or whatever it is?

ghettoeddo
01-22-2007, 01:20 PM
They could at least play Butterflies and Hurricanes when I see them jeez

lawl just messin wid ya

Clunge
01-22-2007, 01:28 PM
I've yet to see Butterflies and Hurricanes. :(
It's not very good live, I've seen it three times now and it's just flat and meh.
Muse are 2nd or 3rd on the bill I believe, or wherever, they'll get between 45 mins and an hour, so expect 10/11 songs :) .

Dead Star
01-22-2007, 01:31 PM
It's not very good live, I've seen it three times now and it's just flat and meh.

Orly?

Whats the best live one you would say then?

I'd probably say Assassin, that was insayne

ghettoeddo
01-22-2007, 01:34 PM
woa linkin park is still alive?

Clunge
01-22-2007, 01:48 PM
Well...

Dead Star into Micro Cuts at Earls Court absolutely prawned, TSP is great live too, as is Knights Of Cydonia, Supermassive Black Hole, Hoodoo, Ruled By Secrecy is especially good.

B&H isn't one of my fave Moose songs so it never does much for me live.

Yet to see Assassin, I'm praying they play it the first night at Wembley.

Dead Star
01-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Wow Earls Court, lucky ****.

I would give a testicle to see Uno.

bwnstl
01-22-2007, 02:21 PM

Except for the piano interlude. God that is the secks.

Shattered_Future
01-22-2007, 02:25 PM

Muse are 2nd or 3rd on the bill I believe, or wherever, they'll get between 45 mins and an hour, so expect 10/11 songs :) .

Hah. Figures the guy from the UK would know it. :p

http://www.thebamboozle.com/

It's actually a REALLY terrible concert, I think...there's only about 3 bands that I like and can stand listening to. I'm not one for all that whiny pop/punk stuff.

Clunge
01-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Yee, it's a sh=2]it line-up, but Muse are touring with MCR around that time (as a support act! :confused:) and so it makes sense that they play the same festy.

Collis
01-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Orly?

I'd probably say Assassin, that was insayne

New Born FTW! Man that was awesome at the ONLY (:mad: ) time I saw them live ... although that is my favourite Muse song so it may be a bit biased. Infact, what was the song that got you all into Muse?

It is quite suprising that New Born is still my favourite song considering it being the first I heard ... with most bands I drift away from the song that got me into them in the first place. Such as Money by Floyd and Blackest Eyes by Porcupine Tree, oh and also The Widow by The Mars Volta.

Kyle
01-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Stockholm Syndrome has gotta be one of the best live tracks.

I guess Bliss made me pay attention to Muse.

bwnstl
01-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Infact, what was the song that got you all into Muse?

Hysteria got me into Muse because that's when I was discovering my love of good bass, and it has an amazing bass line. I listened to it frequently after that because my best friend loved them and always played them in her car. The rest I just kind of gradually discovered on my own as I listened to them more and more.

trysthedrummer
01-23-2007, 09:16 AM
What got me into muse was when I saw the Hullaballo dvd when it came out. My brother got it.

Still a fave!

Clunge
01-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Ooohh, shiite, I forgot New Born, Stockholm Syndrome and Bliss in the 'awesome live songs' list.

New Born is probably my fave live actually.

And while we're on the subject, Bliss and Newborn got me into Muse late 2001/early 2002. My dad bought me OOS but I didn't get 'really' into Muse until Absolution came out.

nekotjie
01-23-2007, 11:01 AM
i can't remember how i got into muse. everything just overwhelmed me. i got about 2 albums at the same time, and yes.

i remember i got origin of symmetry and absolution first, though.

tumples
01-23-2007, 12:44 PM
bliss and stockholm syndrome are the best live tracks imo, theyve been the most tiring for me and have made that impression each time ive seen them

trysthedrummer
01-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah Bliss is high in the ranks when I heard em.

Clunge
01-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Hordern Pavillion 24th

1. Assassin
2. Butterflies And Hurricanes
3. Map Of The Problematique
4. Newborn
6. City Of Delusion
7. Forced In
8. Hysteria
9. Sunburn
10. Feeling Good
11. Invincible
12. Time Is Running Out
13. Plug In Baby
14. Knights Of Cydonia
-----
15. Starlight
16. Stockholm Syndrome
17. Take A Bow

No Bliss, but still an amazing set. First time they've opened with Assassin (unless you count opening with Debase Mason's Grog back in 2005).

In other news, Muse confirmed for Glastonbury 2008 :smoke:.

bwnstl
01-25-2007, 04:47 PM
GOD I wish I lived in England.

metal_sandwich
01-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Muse just came to Singapore on the day I came back from Phuket, Thailand. And what suck the most balls was that I was on the next plane that Matthew Bellamy took after he holidayed at Phuket too.

ghettoeddo
01-25-2007, 09:27 PM
2008?
that's a long way off

Clunge
01-26-2007, 12:11 AM
GOD I wish I lived in England.
They're in Aussieland at the mo, back to America soon though for you guys :smoke: .

bwnstl
01-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Wel yeah, it's not that they don't tour here enough, it's more that you guys just seem to get the best setlists.

ghettoeddo
01-26-2007, 12:55 PM
back to america? yesssss

Clunge
01-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Don't complain mate, we have no choice but to see Muse in massive, soulless arenas whereas you can still see them in relatively small venues.

Savour it while you can!

ghettoeddo
01-26-2007, 01:07 PM
i like massive soulless arenas

if im near the stage

Clunge
01-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Quiet you.

ghettoeddo
01-26-2007, 01:23 PM
<3

OH i have a new facebook message brb

bwnstl
01-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Don't complain mate, we have no choice but to see Muse in massive, soulless arenas whereas you can still see them in relatively small venues.

Savour it while you can!

Ah. WEll, good enough point, but I'm afraid that by the time they come around here again or by the next tour after it they'll be playing arenas here. They're just getting way too popular not to.

ghettoeddo
01-26-2007, 02:23 PM
if i was a rock star, i wouldnt mind playing huge arenas at all, impersonal it may be.

NP: citizen erased

Clunge
01-26-2007, 04:17 PM
It's really from a personal point of view, I caught onto Muse when I was about 12, just after OOS times so I missed out on my opportunity to see them at a university and also missed out on tickets for the one-off Shephard's Bush gig - I'd just love to see them in a tiny venue rather than the three large venues I've seen them in.

livefastdieyoung
01-27-2007, 03:01 AM
Muse rocks.

I saw them live last year. And i'm gonna see 'em again this year :)

I got into muse quite some time ago, when they released New Born i think...

Aria.
01-27-2007, 05:24 AM
sunburn is a sweet song
loved playin that with my band

Clunge
01-27-2007, 05:33 AM
Me too, great bassline to play and it sounds awesome when you have a bitch load of effects to use for the solo :D.

Shattered_Future
01-27-2007, 10:11 AM
So yeah, I'm going to see Muse at Bamboozle officially now. :cool:

One out of 2 bands that are good in a sea of absolutely terrible ones.

I have high hopes for Muse though.

tumples
01-27-2007, 11:45 AM
where did you hear about glastonbury?
im going..

Clunge
01-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Michael Eavis asked Muse to play 2007, they however, are already doing their stadium gig in Paris.

So he asked them to play 2008 instead.

Shazam!

ghettoeddo
01-30-2007, 11:05 PM
when are they comin to the states??

NP: butterflies&hurricanes

bwnstl
01-31-2007, 09:20 AM
March-ish. But they're supporting My Chemical Romance. :(

Clunge
01-31-2007, 10:33 AM
Nope, Muse are coming to the states April/May time now, doing a mix of their own shows and MCR support.

Just keep your eyes open.

bwnstl
01-31-2007, 01:56 PM
Oh man, that is fantastic news. Maybe I won't have to deal with MCR after all.

Shattered_Future
01-31-2007, 03:13 PM
when are they comin to the states??

NP: butterflies&hurricanes

I think they're kicking off at Bamboozle, which is in May. I'm assuming they'll be touring around then.

here comes the bird flu
01-31-2007, 04:05 PM
my friend is seeing them in Paris when he's there :(

GenuineImitation
01-31-2007, 05:22 PM
So yeah, I'm going to see Muse at Bamboozle officially now. :cool:

One out of 2 bands that are good in a sea of absolutely terrible ones.

I have high hopes for Muse though.

I think I may be going to that. Other than Muse, I would want to see Linkin Park. THey sort of got me into metal and hard rock. Plus I like Thrice and The Red Jumpsuite Apparatus.

I hope I can afford it after G3 though.

Clunge
02-01-2007, 02:07 PM
MCR Support Tour

Apr 14 – Houston, TX @ Reliant Arena
Apr 16 – San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center
Apr 18 – Pensacola, FL @ Pensacola Civic Center
Apr 19 – Tampa, FL @ St Pete Times Forum
Apr 22 – Ft Lauderdale, FL @ BankAtlantic Center
Apr 24 – Atlanta, GA @ Gwinnett Center
Apr 25 – Nashville, TN @ Nashville Municipal Auditorium
Apr 26 – Charlotte, NC @ Cricket Arena
Apr 27 – Washington, DC @ Merriweather Post Pavilion
Apr 28 – Williamsburg, VA @ William & Mary
Apr 29 – State College, PA @ Bryce Jordan Center
May 1 - Columbus, OH @ Nationwide Arena
May 2 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Petersen Events Center
May 6 – Portland, ME @ Cumberland County Civic Center
May 8 – Worcester, MA @ DCU Center
May 20 – Vancouver, BC @ Thunderbird Stadium (Virgin Festival)**
May 21 – Seattle, WA @ WaMu Theater**
May 22 – Portland, OR @ Rose Quarter-Memorial Coliseum**

**No Muse on these dates

There you go.

Kyle
02-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Looks like Klaxons will be supporting Muse at Wembley....awesomeness.

Clunge
02-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Yup, only one of the nights though, hopefully the 16th :D.

My dream line-up...

Klaxons
(Someone fun - QOTSA/Feeder/Ash/Kasabian)
Rage Against The Machine
Muse

Untitled
02-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Yup, only one of the nights though, hopefully the 16th :D.

My dream line-up...

Klaxons
(Someone fun - QOTSA/Feeder/Ash/Kasabian)
Rage Against The Machine
Muse

Why not have all them, sept QOTSA, i dont like them, rest are mint though.

Shattered_Future
02-01-2007, 03:25 PM
I think I may be going to that. Other than Muse, I would want to see Linkin Park. THey sort of got me into metal and hard rock. Plus I like Thrice and The Red Jumpsuite Apparatus.

I hope I can afford it after G3 though.

Yeah, those are pretty much the bands I want to see (minus the last one). I'm interested to see the reaction to Lordi as well. :lol:

GenuineImitation
02-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Yeah, those are pretty much the bands I want to see (minus the last one). I'm interested to see the reaction to Lordi as well. :lol:

Yeah, plus moshing with the angst ridden scene kids will be fun.

Kyle
02-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Hah like Ratm will support ANYONE

but yes plz.

ghettoeddo
02-01-2007, 09:07 PM
im seeing htem may 2nd in pittsburgh :]

Shattered_Future
02-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Yeah, plus moshing with the angst ridden scene kids will be fun.

That's one of the reasons that I'm going there. To mosh. And crowdsurf.

That, and I actually DO want to go to a concert with girl friends of mine at least once in my life.

Jev
02-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Looks like Klaxons will be supporting Muse at Wembley....awesomeness.

that nearly cost me my ticket

Polyamarous
02-08-2007, 02:04 PM
SO the MCR + Muse tour.

I heard a Smashing Pumpkins + MCR and/or Muse tour roumour

Toughts?

Clunge
02-08-2007, 02:07 PM
No chance.

Muse are supporting MCR in the USA but apart from that, they have no plans for other support slots.

Just tonnes of festival appearances across Europe then back to Australia/Asia in late summer/early Autumn.

ghettoeddo
02-08-2007, 09:40 PM
waitwaitwait muse is supporting MCR?

i thought MCR was supporting muse.
nooooooo

Clunge
02-09-2007, 12:55 AM
Nope, Muse are supporting MCR, simply because MCR are waaaaaaay bigger than Muse still in the US I guess.

The tables will turn I'm sure after Muse completely show them up at every show.

Clunge
02-10-2007, 03:16 PM
asdhfagifaetiuaeit, looks like a massive u-turn has happened and Muse are now NOT touring with MCR.

Don't hold me to that, none of this has ever been confirmed officially by Muse, the only confirmation that the tour was happening was from MCR, nothing from Muse's end.

The rumour is that Muse will be doing their own headline tour during April of the US, again, don't hold me to this.

I'll report back with news as it surfaces.

Shattered_Future
02-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Muse is still playing at Bamboozle though. That's all I care about.

Clunge
02-11-2007, 06:03 AM
Yes, yes they are.

Dead Star
02-11-2007, 06:07 AM
I'm getting bored waiting for Wembley support acts announced.

That arent the Klaxons, as they are terrible.

Jev
02-11-2007, 06:09 AM
Who else is going wembley?

Dead Star
02-11-2007, 06:11 AM
:waves:

Saturday night ftw

Untitled
02-11-2007, 06:14 AM
I'm getting bored waiting for Wembley support acts announced.

That arent the Klaxons, as they are terrible.

You lie. Klaxons are great, and actully have some originality about them.

Jev
02-11-2007, 06:14 AM
Awesome. I don't know what day I'm going but we should totally have a MX party.

Clunge
02-11-2007, 06:15 AM
Saturday night ftw also!

:D.

All standing?

Happy, Dead Star?

Dead Star
02-11-2007, 06:17 AM
Saturday night ftw also!

:D.

All standing?

Happy, Dead Star?

You know it :cool:

Clunge
02-11-2007, 06:18 AM
Good good.

Jev
02-11-2007, 06:19 AM
Yup standing.

Dead Star
02-11-2007, 06:19 AM
I'm there with my sister though.

Shouldn't be too bad.

Jev
02-11-2007, 06:20 AM
I'll be there with my gf. The more the merrier.

Clunge
02-11-2007, 06:21 AM
I'm there with my mate. The even more, the even merrier.

Polyamarous
02-11-2007, 10:45 AM
I'm there with my sister though.

Shouldn't be too bad.

If she's there, I'm there.

:p

Dead Star
02-11-2007, 03:33 PM

hay fu

2muchket!
02-20-2007, 05:31 AM
Mooozzzzeeee are headlining Isle Of Wight festival.

Also I've halfway there of getting my tickets for muse. Which will be standing also :D

Kyle
02-20-2007, 08:45 AM
Hmm supports must be announced soon right?

Most likely gonna be Klaxons (yay), who else? I'm thinking maybe wolfmother?

Dead Star
02-20-2007, 08:59 AM
Wolfmother would be cool.

I'd like to see Ash tbh.

Jev
02-20-2007, 09:12 AM
Wolfmother would be awesome.

Polyamarous
02-20-2007, 11:19 AM
If it's Ash I'm go crazy.

Wolfmother is good.

Klaxons are just bad.

Jev
02-20-2007, 11:45 AM
I don't like ash :angry:

ghettoeddo
02-20-2007, 01:03 PM

:chug:

Dead Star
02-20-2007, 01:05 PM
I don't like ash :angry:

I don't like the klaxons :angry:

ghettoeddo
02-20-2007, 01:06 PM
i dont like muse.

i kid

have fun y'all :wave:

trysthedrummer
02-21-2007, 10:53 AM
What band is Ash, is it the one with the meltdown album, or is it some other band

Dead Star
02-21-2007, 01:19 PM
What band is Ash, is it the one with the meltdown album, or is it some other band

Thats them

trysthedrummer
02-22-2007, 11:10 AM
I thought they kinda stopped, the woman went off to do something else didn't she?

Kyle
02-22-2007, 11:15 AM
Yeah, they're continuing as a 3 piece though.

trysthedrummer
02-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Ah good. I assume you all got the muse email about the next single

ghettoeddo
02-23-2007, 02:31 PM
invincible?

trysthedrummer
02-24-2007, 04:31 AM
Yeah. Quite a bit to go yet but it'll go quick.

Polyamarous
02-24-2007, 05:07 AM
Why release Invincible as a single?

Exo-Politics ftw!

2muchket!
02-24-2007, 05:30 AM
Invincible is one of the worst songs on there.

Hoodoo or Assassin shoulda been the next single.

Dead Star
02-24-2007, 06:28 AM
Assassin for sure.

TojesDolan
02-24-2007, 08:56 AM
Invincible makes me cry at night :')

Polyamarous
02-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Soo...

Worst muse song?

Blackout.

Clunge
02-24-2007, 02:42 PM
Worst Muse song?

- Invincible
- Feeling Good
- Please, Please...
- Jimmy Kane
- Sing For Absolution
- Starlight

I know a couple are covers, but hey.

Kyle
02-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Invincible is pretty crap.

denboy
02-24-2007, 03:38 PM
I think Feeling Good is quite awesome

ghettoeddo
02-24-2007, 05:00 PM
sing for absolution is a pretty crappy song.

i think hoodoo sucks too
city of delusion would've been a great single

bwnstl
02-24-2007, 06:36 PM
I personally love Sing For Absolution and Starlight, but it's probably because of sentimental reasons.

Kyle
02-24-2007, 08:47 PM
I think Feeling Good is quite awesomeMe too, nobody seems to agree though.

Clunge
02-25-2007, 02:15 AM
Ergh, I've been away for a week and missed an absolute bucket of news :(.

Polyamarous
02-25-2007, 08:34 AM
Did anyone see them on Live From Abbey Road the other night?

They where prettay darn good. Map of the problematique annoyed me. Why do they insist on playing on these 3 song things?

Chris' live starlight tone sounded like fart, as usual.

Clunge
02-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Starlight bass noise = awesome.

MoTP sounded tight as hell too.

Shadius
02-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Worst Muse song?

- Invincible
- Feeling Good
- Please, Please...
- Jimmy Kane
- Sing For Absolution
- Starlight

I know a couple are covers, but hey.

I adore Feeling Good and Please Please.

Invincible is a good single.

Starlight is a great song too, Jimmy Kane is pretty rubbish, and Sing for Absolution never did it for me.

Untitled
02-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Did anyone see them on Live From Abbey Road the other night?

They where prettay darn good. Map of the problematique annoyed me. Why do they insist on playing on these 3 song things?

Chris' live starlight tone sounded like fart, as usual.

Missed that, in berlin, didnt even know it was :(

Polyamarous
02-26-2007, 02:59 AM
Starlight bass noise = awesome.

MoTP sounded tight as hell too.

Live starlight bass tone is poo! It's ace on the album but it just sounds tacy and cheap live. You would've thought that with his veritble bounty of quality effects pedals he could make sound better.

It did sound tight, I just don't know why they play it everytime they play 3 song sets on TV (Jools Holland etc). It seems they could've played a whole number of songs/single from the new album but don't. Thats what annoys me most.

Jev
02-26-2007, 04:31 AM
Watching live videos, his tone doesn't sound bad at all.

Clunge
02-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Chris' tone is way better than Matt's nowadays, Matt's guitars sounded brutal on the Absolution tour, they sound utterly horrific now.

For example, listen to New Born at Glastonbury 2004 and then the one from Reading 2007.

Case closed.

Jev
02-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Festival's aren't really much to go on, bands often have poor sound at Festivals due to the fact their given 15 minutes to set up rather than the hour or two they can take on a normal tour.

Clunge
02-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Well put it this way, I've seen them twice on the BH&R tour and once on the Absolution tour so I'm in a reasonable position to pass judgement ;).

Jev
02-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Okay :p

I only got to see 'em on the BH tour.

Clunge
02-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Aha, well just for the hell of it, here's some awesome Absolution tour stuff to enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5lNAUrGJ3k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glx9SVaH2uw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJg8U0QMXEQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWBou1CpzP4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If3VJoTpgmc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W2jXFSpjf8

:cool:.

Polyamarous
02-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Absolution live bass = ace.
Why? because he used Pedullas, none of this Fender/Ric shíte

Clunge
02-27-2007, 01:01 AM
:o!

Fenders and Ricks are awesome! - But just not quite as good as the Pedullas...

Polyamarous
03-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Rickenbackers are poo, look poo(although subjective) and have a very narrow array of tones, none of which are very good.

Fender's can be good (very versaitle), but Jazz Basses, especially passive ones-stock pickups, don't handle effects as well as, say, Pedullas (active, Bartolini pickups.)

Could always be worse though.

Clunge
03-02-2007, 12:51 AM
I've got to disagree about the Ricks, they look and sound immense!

Jazz Basses are solid and do a good job (I've got one and it was by far the best out of the price range I looked at) but I do agree, moving to Fender and Rickenbacker does seem a step backwards from the Pedullas...

Stalusk
03-02-2007, 04:56 AM
Muse were extremely well received here at BDO recently. they must think we are their second home. Huge audience for the group here (probably not news to you though).

Clunge
03-02-2007, 05:18 AM
Hehe, no, but always nice to know ;).

Zebba
03-02-2007, 05:39 AM
I am digging assassin atm and I think Starlight is an awesome song.... Knights of Cydonia for there best song \m/

Clunge
03-02-2007, 06:34 AM
Assassin is easily one of my fave Muse songs, I can upload you the re-recorded/remixed version if you want it? - It is waaaaaaaaay better, I won't go into its history now, that's a story for another time :D.

Quick question though... have you heard their earlier albums, pre-BH&R? (just wondering because you only mentioned BH&R tracks ;)).

Zebba
03-02-2007, 06:52 AM
Yeah of course lol, I am a drummer and I love the drums in Muscle Museum which is off Showbiz... and I like Sunburn with the piano and up-beat drums.... lol

Clunge
03-02-2007, 06:56 AM
Yay, we mess around with a tonne of Muse stuff in practice, songs liek Uno are just so easy to play but amazingly good fun :D.

Zebba
03-02-2007, 06:57 AM
Yeah I can play Muscle Museum on drums lol, what instro do u play?

Clunge
03-02-2007, 07:30 AM
Bass.

And fortunatly, Chris' basslines aren't too challenging so that makes things even better.

bwnstl
03-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Hmmm, I would disagree, but then again, I'm not a very good bassist, so maybe that's why.

Clunge
03-02-2007, 12:56 PM
His basslines need more stamina than anything, keeping New Born up without stopping is damn difficult.

superpeer
03-02-2007, 12:57 PM
The other day I came home really stoned and there was a Muse gig on MTV. Good times. :D

Clunge
03-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Oooohh, was it the Shephard's Bush one?

If so, yay, because that was a great gig :cool:.

bwnstl
03-02-2007, 02:29 PM
His basslines need more stamina than anything, keeping New Born up without stopping is damn difficult.

God, I can't play that damn song, my fingers are just too clumsy

Jev
03-02-2007, 03:05 PM
I can do it and I'm a guitarist :cool:

Dead Star
03-02-2007, 03:27 PM
yeah its a pretty easy song tbh

trysthedrummer
03-02-2007, 03:28 PM
For bass its pretty tricky isn't it? No slacking, fingers must kill after a bit.

Zebba
03-02-2007, 04:16 PM
I pretty much have the main beat down in Knights of Cydonia... fairly easy, but everything is when you understand it...