PDA

View Full Version : Digitech Jimi Hendrix Pedal

JulianROCKS
11-20-2005, 06:53 PM
I bought this pedal about 6 months ago. I am a Hendrix fanatic, so of course this was screaming buy me buy me. I did shell out a lot of money, but it's def. worth it. Decievingly looks like a wah, yet it works so amazingly. For instance, the first mode which is "Purple Haze" by rocking the wah toe forward, it clicks into the intro/verse part of Purple Haze, its sounds so similar, with the fat low in the beginning bars and all, you can just hear the crackle in the amp and all, just like when he played. And when the solo comes up, all u do is rock the heel back and wham! octiva! This pedal is so sick. Before I bought this pedal, i was always messing with knobs, i went through so many pedals, auto-wah, super octave, danelectro phaser. This hendrix pedal with a wah and my amp and my guitar, its all I use. The only down side, is that to switch modes you have to move the knob physically. However Digitech makes an expression pedal that way lazt guys like me dont have to bend over! It also has a mixer jack, for those who studio session alot, you can plug right into the board. Ok well theres my review.

starcaster_star
12-03-2005, 01:13 AM
cool

KillemAllforOne83
12-12-2005, 09:29 PM
ooops I missed read the title i have the dunlop hendrix wah pedal sorry dude.

davo_guitarman
12-13-2005, 08:41 AM
/\/\ good imagination :lol:

Rutter
12-23-2005, 06:16 PM
I actually have a question about this pedal. I am 14 and a big hendrix fan and i have the pedal i have no problems except the sixth mode which is voodoo chile has the opening wah and the two solo tones but not a tone for the verse. Now ive been trying to get the verse tone with my amp and i cant get the tone. I tried using the first solo tone for the verse but it is not working for me. So if someone with the pedal can tell me how they deal with it i just need to know what to set my gain,bass,treble,volume,ect to get the sound if possible. I have a fender ultimate chorus amp and i play a fender strat. If any suggestions are put thank you

Rutter
12-23-2005, 09:47 PM
oh wait im sorry i didnt see the no questions thing but ill give my review on this pedal. The pedal is great and its nice that you can get all the solo tones with a press of your heal i give it a 9 out of 10

Rutter
12-23-2005, 09:47 PM
oh wait im sorry i didnt see the no questions thing but ill give my review on this pedal. The pedal is great and its nice that you can get all the solo tones with a press of your heal i give it a 9 out of 10

beevil
12-30-2005, 12:49 AM
i agree with you. i just bought mine last week and my my he sounds lovely :)

vOoDoO_cHiLd123
12-31-2005, 05:25 PM
hey, i gots a question, does the dunlop original crybaby sound a little bit like the voodoo child setting on this? thanks