PDA

View Full Version : Finch

deathscreamingsheep
11-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Searching the forums, I cannot find a thread on Finch to post on so I thought I'd begin a new one.

I'm a big Finch fan. They put on a quality live show and I enjoy both their LPs though I haven't heard their first EP.

Recommended Downloads:
- What is it to Burn?
- 3 Simple Words
- Insomniac Meat
- The Casket of Roderick Usher.

So anyway, is anyone else a fan?

Converge
11-20-2005, 03:47 PM
I saw'll them back in seattle and it was amazing personally i like Ink,What it is to burn,Hopeless Host and Ender. All the ones you listed are good though. Awesome bandd.

Permanent Solution
11-20-2005, 03:59 PM
Project Mayhem \m/

Yeah, they're a good band, I'm a fan.

DepthsOfDreams555
11-20-2005, 04:07 PM
I am sure mostly everyone has heard them but for people that haven't http://www.purevolume.com/finch

Yes I like Finch I like What It Is To Burn more than Say Hello to Sunshine

Kif
11-20-2005, 04:21 PM
Great band, completely underated nowadays considering their position. They were amazing live when I saw them, lots of energy and brilliant at playing them too.

Pazz
11-20-2005, 05:17 PM
I like Finch too. What It Is To Burn is much better that Say Hello To Sunshine, but it is still a great album.

cbmartinez
11-20-2005, 05:18 PM
I love them. Both their albums are awesome, they do some awesome stuff on the new one espeically.

hotcod32
11-20-2005, 05:37 PM
where fantastic the 2 times i saw them live befor they got really big... told every one that was going to see them with me at leed festivle how fantastic they where, they come out play like crap with a crap "where so cool we don't need to do the songs people know even if most of th epeople watching only know those songs" set list... which was the start of them disapering up there own ***, they turned there back on anything that made them intresting and orgainle and realised one of the worst albums i've heard in the last few years while they strut around like stupid ****ing scene kids who don't have a clue...

Gnarmageddon
11-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Great band.

Untitled
11-20-2005, 06:18 PM
I saw them back in may, they was realy good. Ive gone off them now though.

Mute Print
11-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Awesome band. Both of their albums are great.

B
11-20-2005, 07:15 PM
I love the first album. One of the first albums I ever bought. The newer one is good but tbh I haven't given it much of a chance.

Tjebby
11-20-2005, 08:28 PM
i just saw them. Perhaps a month ago. It was a really nice show.

ITRIEDVOODOOONCE
11-20-2005, 08:47 PM
Project Mayhem is the only song i really like, does anyone else agree that the man would be an AMAZING like metalcore frontman??

hey, you're not cory!
11-20-2005, 09:03 PM
where fantastic the 2 times i saw them live befor they got really big... told every one that was going to see them with me at leed festivle how fantastic they where, they come out play like crap with a crap "where so cool we don't need to do the songs people know even if most of th epeople watching only know those songs" set list... which was the start of them disapering up there own ***, they turned there back on anything that made them intresting and orgainle and realised one of the worst albums i've heard in the last few years while they strut around like stupid ****ing scene kids who don't have a clue...
Wow, I like how you got everything they're trying to do now completely *** backwards.

The new album is leaps and bounds better thant he first. Its really a fantastic CD.

The first is unoriginal and uninspired. It has a few good songs but its nothing to listen to more than a dozen times.

B
11-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Yeah, for once I do agree with Mike. Although I prefer the first album, how the fuck was it original? It's really generic, more so now than at the time. The second one is one of the most original pieces of work I have ever heard.

billiejoe84
11-20-2005, 09:08 PM
Project Mayhem is the only song i really like, does anyone else agree that the man would be an AMAZING like metalcore frontman??

Wierd as it may sound, possibly. I originally got into them because of their poppy songs like Letters To You and Stay With Me, and to be fair I still love those songs. It's stuff like that which made WIITB a quality CD. However, I always found Project Mayhem far more exciting than anything else that CD had to offer, just due to its heaviness. That, I think, is what I like about the new album. The pop factor is all but gone, which in a way is a bit disappointing, but when you're after something which rocks, SHTS is top-drawer.

/rant

Wow
11-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Eh. I like some of their songs but all around, they bore me.

hey, you're not cory!
11-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Yeah, for once I do agree with Mike. Although I prefer the first album, how the fuck was it original? It's really generic, more so now than at the time. The second one is one of the most original pieces of work I have ever heard.
For ONCE you agree with me.

Eh, at least you're taking a step in the right direction. Keep following my lead and maybe you'll develop as good a taste in music as I have! :D

CommieCanada
11-20-2005, 11:23 PM
i liked what it is to burn but i dont like say hello to sunshine. i like how on SHTS they use more effects and try to expand their sound a little, but Nate doesn't scream as much so they come off as a kind of nu-metal band.

hotcod32
11-21-2005, 03:57 AM
Wow, I like how you got everything they're trying to do now completely *** backwards.

The new album is leaps and bounds better thant he first. Its really a fantastic CD.

The first is unoriginal and uninspired. It has a few good songs but its nothing to listen to more than a dozen times.

no i haven't, finch have been the incaplashion of whats happend to the whole music scene the first album may have been genric but it was by far the best ablum of its kind... they got it right, what they do well is very GOOD poppunk, orgainlity is overrated when its put againts the ablity to do what they do well... finich where fantastic live and a grate poppunk band and nice guys becuse i met them each time i saw them... then at leeds theyd just starting to put out the new demos for the new album which where utterly awful there are a lot of other bands that do what they where trying to do far better... they come out on stage act like assholes make me look stupid in front of my freinds, dont put any effort in to playing and in greanle treat the crowd like ****... we actaly ran in to them later and the change in there attuide was ****ing sceary i remember a good fun band that we where chaseing stuid death meatle kids with trying to throw tomarto sauces at them... what they turned in to where annoing stupid scene kids, they where complet gits to every one that they talked to they acted like they where so ****ing cool they didn't need any one even there fans... the new album is dire, don't get me wrong i don't mind bands tryng to do somthing diffrent but they complety turn there back on what there good at and what made them intrestng for me and almost all my freinds... the new album basicly sums up the whole ****ing scene that its style over substances, its NOT orgainle, but this time they don't do genric stuff well.... they dispaerd up there own *** and then like all scene kids they find they HAVE to turn there back on pop elements (which is what they where fantastic at) becuse the pop elements where no longer cool... you call the new album orgainle, its not, they have done nothing but follow a tread that has killed a intresting part of poppunk infavor of an ****y idea of "hardcore"...

but hey again don#t get me wrong, if you like the ablum then grate i'm not saying you should't i know i love some album i'm told i should't but all i'm saying is that the new album is not orgainle, not was the first album, but the diffrance is they did what they did in the first album well...

Puma
11-21-2005, 04:12 AM
That's possibly the worst spelling/grammar I've ever seen on these boards. I mean seriously, are you mental?

What It Is To Burn is so much better than that Sunshine album it's not even funny. Finch are the band that I credit with actually getting me into music. That was the first CD I ever heard and really, really just wanted to listen to over and over again.

hotcod32
11-21-2005, 04:49 AM
no just dyslexic... its my falt sorry, just on most bords i post at every one knows... normaly if i'm posting somthing long on a bored where people don't know i'll spell check it i just forgot heh and most of my grammar mistakes are just due to the fact i mix up words some times :) the rest is becuse i was typeing fast and being lazy heh

B
11-21-2005, 06:46 AM
For ONCE you agree with me.

Eh, at least you're taking a step in the right direction. Keep following my lead and maybe you'll develop as good a taste in music as I have! :D
Dude, I like pretty much everything you do. Just a lot more on top of that.

Permanent Solution
11-21-2005, 10:50 AM
The drummer on WIITB>>>>>The drummer on SHTS

Angry Balled Fists!
11-21-2005, 10:51 AM
Er, i don't like them much.

Bad Blood
11-21-2005, 11:48 AM
I like some of their stuff. They're quite good.

Not my favourite band ever, though.

deathscreamingsheep
11-21-2005, 12:07 PM
Yeah I agree that their old drummer is far better than their new one. Those little fills on songs like Letters to You, while not amazingly technical, made what would be a pretty generic song interesting to listen to again and again.

In regards to SHTS, I didn't like it at first, but it really grew on me. Also, I think it's because I'm now into a lot of hardcore and emo like Saetia and stuff so that chaotic noise you have on Casket really appeals to me. Also, I like a lot of their new songs because while they're a bit dissonant, they really come off live and also have just grown on me as I said before.

cobert
11-21-2005, 12:17 PM
What It Is To Burn is awful. I havent heard anything from the second CD, so i cant say anything about it, but i hear its kind of a wierd prog-pop-punk thing.

deathscreamingsheep
11-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Hmmm... to be honest while some songs in SHTS do have pop-punk in them, I would hesitate to call a lot of the songs in SHTS pop-punk at all.

Sep
11-21-2005, 01:26 PM
Eh. I like some of their songs but all around, they bore me.

onetwotree

jeffsboot
11-21-2005, 02:35 PM
Hey guys,
Just thought you should know that Drive thru and Greffen records are putting out a greatest hits album for release tomorrow 11/22 and Finch made the cut alongside new found glory, senses fail, fenix-tx, midtown, and more. Check out this link: www.drivethrurecords.com/dtrgretesthitsecard/

BatteriesNotIncluded
11-21-2005, 02:43 PM
I have loved Finch forever. In my opinion, What It Is To Burn is much better than Say Hello To Sunshine. Nate and R2K are amazing. Good Band.:)

jeffsboot
11-22-2005, 01:20 PM
I found out that if you want to hear the Drive Thru greatest hits CD before you buy it, Fanscape is hosting a live stream of it for a few days here: http://www2.fanscape.com/drivethru/redirects/fullalbumwin.aspx

deathscreamingsheep
11-24-2005, 03:17 PM
Cheers dude.

KNuPRoCKeR
02-05-2006, 06:59 AM
Can they seriously be considered pop-punk still? Now that SHTS has been around?

deathscreamingsheep
02-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Well some of SHTS was pop-punk but I made the thread here because this is probably where people who like Finch would look/be in the forums.

Permanent Solution
02-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Can they seriously be considered pop-punk still? Now that SHTS has been around?
Pop-Punk has evolved in two separate directions since its inception. After the Blink-182/Green Day wave of the 90's it has gone into either more hardcore influenced veins, or more indie rock influenced ones. Obviously bands like Finch and Scary Kids Scaring Kids have gone for the hardcore influence, while The Academy Is and Brand New have taken more Indie influences.