PDA

View Full Version : any help looking for jazz artists...

itskub
11-15-2005, 10:28 PM
hey, i figured its about time i get into this genre of music. im looking for some songs or albums that sound really energetic, and all over the place. something that would wake you up in a smoke night club type of music. hard pop perhaps?

preferbly a trio - sax or trumpet, drum and bass.

old or new, doesnt really matter. one song that i really like that i think you all know would be Take Five by Dave Brubeck. pretty much just what im looking for.

thanks for any help.

dj_ando
11-15-2005, 11:25 PM
check out some coltrane or some miles, from the 60s. if you want hard and fast bop there's nothing better than miles' live stuff from that era - check out an album called "four & more". also, i'd recommend coltrane's "a love supreme". those are both fantastic and frantic albums, really hot stuff! not trios, but still relatively compact groups.

vix
11-16-2005, 12:52 AM
Hi All,...Sorry for posting on this thread....
I m looking for the name of an instrumental song or any info on it..please
if anyone know about it ...please tell me.
i have uploaded a poor quality of this instrumental music.that i have since last 10 years..and since then only i m looking for the name of the track or who's composition is this.?
Any help will be deeply appriciated

http://rapidshare.de/files/7702277/Instrumental.mp3.html

Thanks in advance
Vix

dwguru
11-18-2005, 09:30 AM
dj ando hit it on the head, Miles and Coltrane are some of the founding fathers of heavy bop. Listen to Coltrane's "Living Space" That is some of the best bop I've ever come across. It is a hard listen if your ear is not used to bop, it is borderline aventguard but you can't help but hear the heavy bop influence come through. It is electric....