PDA

View Full Version : John Peel's Record Box

Bartender
11-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Just watched this, and first off, it was awesome. I could talk about why it was awesome, and how awesome Peel himself was and so on, and undoubtedly will in the future, but my reason for making this thread:

I'd like to know what the first record they played on the show was. Dire Straits set it going right at the beginning, and it was really good. I remembered the name for about fifteen minutes, and then it just slipped out of my mind. Any help appreciated.

Otherwise, if anyone here actually cares, feel free to discuss John Peel, record boxes, and John Peel's record box.

cicatriz
11-15-2005, 06:56 AM
I wish I'd watched this program. There was some brillliant programs on BBC3 on the anniversary of his death. An hour and a half long documentary on The Fall. What a night.

Bartender
11-15-2005, 10:29 AM
I wish I'd had access to BBC3 then :(

At least I saw this, I suppose.

Yeah, I watched it also, was really great, John Peel was a true pioneer of new and talented music. Bit strange having all that White Stripes in though :p
I can't remember the first record trhey played, I caught the program about 5 minutes in.

Well they only played it for about twenty seconds. It sounded good though.

deardocker
11-16-2005, 07:13 AM
Hah. He had Sheena Easton, 9 to 5 in the box. I'm going to have to get that one on vinyl.