PDA

View Full Version : Terrible bands

Biscuit_box
11-02-2005, 08:16 AM
Yeah so basically I was thinking about the fact that people go into threads and praise a band like they were god (I do it aswell!) and then you get some shltholes talking shlt so why don't we talk about bad bands in here.
It'll clean this place up a little bit maybe but Nick might close this...
So I'll start...
I hate the Sex Pistols. They are simply the reason why punk has the image it has of musicians who can't play their instruments, can't sing and try to get as much shock value as they can by being idiots. Oh and I mustn't forget their whole "Anarchy" view on life. I get shlt all the time from kids who think they are ounk because they listen to The Sex Pistols and have Listened to Blitzkreig Bop a few times. I don't like the Ramones that much either. For example a metalhead asked me if I was punk and i replied "Yes" she says "Big Ramones fan then?" I said "No, they weren't that good" and she tells me I'm not punk... then she starts on about Sex Pistols and The Clash, granted the Clash are okay but those three bands aren't worth buying a cd of...

FunknPunk
11-02-2005, 08:52 AM
****ty band?

S.C. Drunx (or S.C. punx i dont recall the name)

albert_bass
11-02-2005, 08:59 AM
I don't agree with you about The Clash not being great but I don't like The Ramones at all. And Sex Pistols are just meh...as I said some days ago, some great songs, some not very good ones.

****ty bands.......hmmm

Most new "pop-punk" bands.

I don't hate many punk bands. Maybe Casualties and The Germs.

AndreTheHyena
11-02-2005, 09:00 AM
^Haha, SC Riot Squad are a great band. (edit: to Funk)

Propaghandi are one of the most obnoxious bands I've ever heard.

the Clash > the Ramones > Sex Pistols, but I still enjoy and listen to all three.

This thread will probably get closed. The Confession Thread is pretty well-established and has plenty of room for griping, but a thread dedicated to shit-talking is doomed.

Scabies
11-02-2005, 09:01 AM
NOFX and Propaghandi. eww.

Brain Toad
11-02-2005, 09:03 AM
The Germs, The Misfits, Rancid, NOFX, all f'ucking horrible.

The Clash are very meh.

RetiredAt21
11-02-2005, 09:04 AM
The Clash
Casualties
Guttermouth
NOFX
Bleeding Through
From First To Last
The Germs
Crass

Culture Shock
11-02-2005, 09:06 AM
AFI, Social Distortion, Rancid, NOFX, Pennywise, but not Crass!

RetiredAt21
11-02-2005, 09:07 AM
How can you hate AFI!?

Maverick_Special
11-02-2005, 09:17 AM
Yeah so basically I was thinking about the fact that people go into threads and praise a band like they were god (I do it aswell!) and then you get some shltholes talking shlt so why don't we talk about bad bands in here.
So I'll start...
I hate the Sex Pistols. They are simply the reason why punk has the image it has of musicians who can't play their instruments, can't sing and try to get as much shock value as they can by being idiots. Oh and I mustn't forget their whole "Anarchy" view on life. I get shlt all the time from kids who think they are ounk because they listen to The Sex Pistols and have Listened to Blitzkreig Bop a few times. I don't like the Ramones that much either. For example a metalhead asked me if I was punk and i replied "Yes" she says "Big Ramones fan then?" I said "No, they weren't that good" and she tells me I'm not punk... then she starts on about Sex Pistols and The Clash, granted the Clash are okay but those three bands aren't worth buying a cd of...

I have said it once and I will say it again...the sex pistols are a good band! They get so much crap in this forum but they are probably one of the most important punk bands ever. Sure there are a lot of better bands with better songs but if it wasn't for the pistols punk wouldn't be what it is. Many bands from english 77 punk to US 80's hardcore site the pistols as an inspiration. So despite their bad rap the pistols are great...and no punk collection is complete without "Never Mind the Bullocks". And the ramones and clash are right up there as some of the best bands ever.

AndreTheHyena
11-02-2005, 09:17 AM
You guys are retards.

Maverick_Special
11-02-2005, 09:18 AM
How can you hate AFI!?

AFI isn't that good...maybe their old stuff "Answer that and stay fashionable" maybe...but their last album made me want to shoot myself. Way too goth and dark...it's like let's all be depressed!

Brain Toad
11-02-2005, 09:19 AM
No defending bands, just hating. If I see defending and arguing I will close the thread.

I'll keep it for now so people can let out some hate frustration.

albert_bass
11-02-2005, 09:20 AM
I don't see how someone can hate Propagandhi, Bigwig, Streetlight Manifesto or Catch22. My mind is just not made to accept that.

See that's not deffending, just stating my thoughts. No complaints about this, it's just an opinion.

Pete
11-02-2005, 09:52 AM
I can't stand The Clash for longer than 15 seconds.

FunknPunk
11-02-2005, 09:54 AM
^Haha, SC Riot Squad are a great band. (edit: to Funk)

Propaghandi are one of the most obnoxious bands I've ever heard.

the Clash > the Ramones > Sex Pistols, but I still enjoy and listen to all three.

This thread will probably get closed. The Confession Thread is pretty well-established and has plenty of room for griping, but a thread dedicated to shit-talking is doomed.
S.C. Drunx (the song) sucks!

nothing lines up in that song. its so bad it might be considered artsy!

Weezerfan_returns
11-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Pennywise....When i first got into punk, i thought they were ok, i was terribly wrong, and should be burned alive.

anyone who doesnt like propaghandi is insane.

AndreTheHyena
11-02-2005, 10:17 AM
S.C. Drunx (the song) sucks!

nothing lines up in that song. its so bad it might be considered artsy!

Wrong, but what do I know? I like the Germs.

And Propaghandi sucks, so I guess I'm insane.

FunknPunk
11-02-2005, 10:24 AM
prince sucks

El_Shiznit
11-02-2005, 10:27 AM
I don't see the big deal with Propaghandi, but I don't think they "suck".

Even though I like the band, Rise Against sometimes pisses me off by ruining Black Flag and being the myspace band of the year.

Fabz
11-02-2005, 10:49 AM
AFI, Social Distortion, Rancid, NOFX, Pennywise, but not Crass!

What?! :angry:

RetiredAt21
11-02-2005, 10:57 AM
I hate Crass so much. SOOOO much. That guy's voice makes me so incredibly angry.

littlebeast
11-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Anybody who doesn't like the first Clash album is not a fan of REAL punk.

Sorry, but it's true.

RetiredAt21
11-02-2005, 11:57 AM
The Clash suck. And what did Brain say god dammit!? NO DEFENDING BANDS.

Excursions
11-02-2005, 11:58 AM
Crass are the worst band ever, the Misfits are a pile of shi't also.

RetiredAt21
11-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Ok, you just crossed the line.

Jonney Blazes V1
11-02-2005, 12:02 PM
So I'll start...

Not another one. I hate people like you. Trying to be so anti- mainstream and hating all the popular bands for being popular. Sure, the Sex Pistols couldn't play their instruments. So?? Dylan and ozzy neve rhad a huge range in their vocals. They were still influentail and very good at doing what they did. Sex pistols may of been idiots, but what they did for the punk movement as a whole cannot be denied. Do you think there were as many punk fans today if it wasn't for them?? Sure they were completlty manufactured, complete sell-outs, etc etc. But who cares. They were a short lived band (and rightfully so.) You may not be a fan of their music, but you can't deny their impact, their importance or their succus. Why do people still wear Sex Pistols T-shirts today?? Because they are/were one of the most important bands to come out of the movement regardless of whther you like them or not.

The Ramones?? Sure the Ramones played three chord songs but they difinitve, revoltuionary and highly influentail. More so than ANY band you could probaly throw at me. They infleunced so many abnds to come after them. Just because their mani stream, and just because they are love dby hundreds of teenage wannabees doesn't mean their crap.

And the Clash not worth buying. The Clash would piss on any other punk band. Period. Not only did the Clash have influence, and effect. But they wer ethe best song writing partnerhsips of ALL punkbands. Most punk bands may do punk better than Clash, but try being able to write punk, reggea, pop, rock and mix them all togather SUCCUSFULLY..That's what teh Clash did. Not only that but they were a great live band. In fact without the Clash the music industry would be different than it is today, they had more affect on the music scene than you may imagine.

Excursions
11-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Ok, you just crossed the line.

No way. The Misfits are poop.

Jonney: Banned.

RetiredAt21
11-02-2005, 12:25 PM
He should be banned.

Sep
11-02-2005, 12:42 PM
I think the Ramones are absolutely terrible.

smokersdieyounger
11-02-2005, 12:47 PM
I don't see how someone can hate Propagandhi, Bigwig, Streetlight Manifesto or Catch22. My mind is just not made to accept that.

See that's not deffending, just stating my thoughts. No complaints about this, it's just an opinion.

Telling someone your opinion because it conflicts thiers is arguing mate.. and so defending the band.

I dont see the point of this without defending but whatever. soo, I hate ermmm BUJU BANTON loooooaaaads and loooaaads. I hate MXPX and special duties. I hate Ted Nugent, AVENGED SEVENFOLD, I really hate them, more so since they started preaching thier 'aerican way' and 'what rock and roll is about'. I think the Misfits are just Meh, and I wouldnt see them now, and **** the new DK line up. I hate Agnostic Front.

Thats a load of my chest.

DrGolovaCroxby
11-02-2005, 12:53 PM
I don't like the Sex Pistols, Agnostic Front, Dropkick Murpheys, or the Clash.

AIRIC
11-02-2005, 01:43 PM
I can't stand the Clash, or DKM.

white_riot
11-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Guttermouth are really horrible.

albert_bass
11-02-2005, 02:02 PM
Telling someone your opinion because it conflicts thiers is arguing mate.. and so defending the band.

I dont see the point of this without defending but whatever. soo, I hate ermmm BUJU BANTON loooooaaaads and loooaaads. I hate MXPX and special duties. I hate Ted Nugent, AVENGED SEVENFOLD, I really hate them, more so since they started preaching thier 'aerican way' and 'what rock and roll is about'. I think the Misfits are just Meh, and I wouldnt see them now, and **** the new DK line up. I hate Agnostic Front.

Thats a load of my chest.

It's not arguing if I say no reply, therefore I won't follow the argument if someone ever posts something. You are an argument.

Pinhead13
11-02-2005, 02:05 PM
i hate: :evil:
the casualties
cheap sex
clit 45
ramones
the germs

EDIT: I forgot to state my reason! well the first 3 bands sound and look the same, I don't give a **** what people have to say on how the ramones revolutionazed the "music" and what not same old bull****.

Culture Shock
11-02-2005, 02:06 PM
How can you hate AFI!?

Easily.

In addition to AFI, Social Distortion, Rancid, NOFX, Pennywise, I also hate Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, The Transplants, The Virus, The Lower Class Brats, The Havoc, Defiance, Combat 84, Total Chaos, Lagwagon, Anti-Flag, The Casualites, UK Subs, The Queers, US Bombs, The English Dogs, Less Than Jake, Streetlight Manifesto, Mad Caddies, Patti Smith, and Bigwig amongst countless others. These are only the ones that come to mind at the moment.

albert_bass
11-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Ha. Your taste sucks.

Rootsradical
11-02-2005, 02:10 PM
I don't think Black Flag is that great. My friend burned me damaged and it only has like 3 decent songs. I really can't see why they are considered to be so great.

albert_bass
11-02-2005, 02:11 PM
I liked "the first 4 years" much more. Maybe try that?

Culture Shock
11-02-2005, 02:16 PM
Ha. Your taste sucks.

Nah. I just hate ****ty bands and their ****ty music. Fortunately, there is a whole world of good music outside of the bands I mentioned.

OI! to the World!
11-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Crass are the worst band ever, the Misfits are a pile of shi't also.

CRASS?? Are you a moron?

white_riot
11-02-2005, 02:32 PM
NOFX suck also, except for a couple of their songs. e.g sticking in my eye and The seperation of church and skate. The Lawerence Arms are terrible when the guy with the pop voice sings

Skidmark Steve
11-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Easily.

In addition to AFI, Social Distortion, Rancid, NOFX, Pennywise, I also hate Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, The Transplants, The Virus, The Lower Class Brats, The Havoc, Defiance, Combat 84, Total Chaos, Lagwagon, Anti-Flag, The Casualites, UK Subs, The Queers, US Bombs, The English Dogs, Less Than Jake, Streetlight Manifesto, Mad Caddies, Patti Smith, and Bigwig amongst countless others. These are only the ones that come to mind at the moment.
who do you like then? thats a big hate list

cicatriz
11-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Oasis and Bloc Party.

(r)evolution
11-02-2005, 03:31 PM
agnostic front and the unseen

Culture Shock
11-02-2005, 03:53 PM
who do you like then? thats a big hate list

I'll get back to you on that. I have to leave for class.

CarrionBirds
11-02-2005, 03:53 PM
The Germs, The Misfits, Rancid, NOFX, all f'ucking horrible.

The Clash are very meh.

what kind of punk bands do you like then?

the misfits, rancid, the clash and nofx are all just classic, good punk bands

i agree the germs are garbage

shane italian
11-02-2005, 03:54 PM
I hate Johnny Cash.
I hate the Unseen.
I hate Against Me!.

Vietnow
11-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Anti-Flag
Against Me!
The Clash
DKM
The Virus
Nofx
W/IFS

I'll write more later!

CarrionBirds
11-02-2005, 03:55 PM
I don't think Black Flag is that great. My friend burned me damaged and it only has like 3 decent songs. I really can't see why they are considered to be so great.

go buy 'my war'

black flag is that great, listen a few more times

ThisUserIsAPipebomb
11-02-2005, 04:00 PM
I don't like Crass musically, but I like them lyrically.

I can't stnd the Ramones. I don't even think they influenced that much. They might've influenced retards, but not me.

I can't stand Casualties. The guy sounds like a mong.

I can't stand the Clash. Just not that "punk" in my opinion.

I like Misfits, I like Propagandhi. NOFX I can stand when they're not making joke songs, but typically I'm not a huge fan. That's my little defense.

Oh yeah, I hate Johnny Cash too.

And the new Unseen albums. Eversince they signed to A-F, they sound just like Anti-flag, who I also hate.

Also, I like WTF Will Change, but the singers voice gets on my nerves after awhile so I have to listen to it in lttle chunks.

Damaged and Black Flag in general are definetly "grow on you" bands. You've got to listen to them a bit to really appreciate them.

Wow, long post, with not much content. I love the Enter button.

albert_bass
11-02-2005, 04:07 PM
I can't stand the Clash. Just not that "punk" in my opinion.

That statement is kinda...retarded.

ThisUserIsAPipebomb
11-02-2005, 04:16 PM
That statement is kinda...retarded.Didn't I warn you, I'm retarded.

Actually, all I've heard of the Clash is London Calling (the album) a few times.

Damn my typing

(r)evolution
11-02-2005, 04:17 PM
Didn't I wan nyou, I'm retarded.
then you were influenced by the ramones

ThisUserIsAPipebomb
11-02-2005, 04:19 PM
then you were influenced by the ramonesTouche

Nerdcore753
11-02-2005, 04:19 PM
I never saw an appeal for Green Day. I loved Blink 182 back in the day but Green Day has always kind of bothered me. Evenstill, I don't "hate" them or any other band (that I can think of right now at least).

albert_bass
11-02-2005, 04:20 PM
Didn't I warn you, I'm retarded.

Actually, all I've heard of the Clash is London Calling (the album) a few times.

Damn my typing

I mean...you're saying: they don't sound like a punk band, therefore they suck. That is retarded.

London Calling and S-T are both masterpieces, who cares if punk or not.

Yes, I'm deffending the Clash, close this thread.

ThisUserIsAPipebomb
11-02-2005, 04:21 PM
I mean...you're saying: they don't sound like a punk band, therefore they suck. That is retarded.

London Calling and S-T are both masterpieces, who cares if punk or not.I didn't say it sucks, I just can't stand it.

albert_bass
11-02-2005, 04:22 PM
I didn't say it sucks, I just can't stand it.

But you can't stand it for that reason.

In every case, saying someone sucks is a matter of opinion, just like liking someone.

ThisUserIsAPipebomb
11-02-2005, 04:26 PM
But you can't stand it for that reason.

In every case, saying someone sucks is a matter of opinion, just like liking someone.
Okay. So I'm missing your point. My opinion is retarded? Is that where this is going?

albert_bass
11-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Okay. So I'm missing your point. My opinion is retarded? Is that where this is going?

No. But nevermind.

Your opinion isn't retarded, just that statement. You can dislike The Clash, but disliking them for the sole fact that they don't sound punk is stupid.

That's just judging something based on prejudices. I believe you didn't mean that, but if you did...you're missing the point of music.

ThisUserIsAPipebomb
11-02-2005, 04:29 PM
No. But nevermind.

Your opinion isn't retarded, just that statement. You can dislike The Clash, but disliking them for the sole fact that they don't sound punk is stupid.

That's just judging something based on prejudices. I believe you didn't mean that, but if you did...you're missing the point of music.
I see your point, and I don't mean that, I just don't like their sound.

albert_bass
11-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Discussion ended then :)

ThisUserIsAPipebomb
11-02-2005, 04:33 PM
Discussion ended then :):) I like happily ending discussions.

I will give London Calling another listen, and see if I can get it to grow on me.

Clashed
11-02-2005, 04:42 PM
The Misfits/Sex Pistols/Ramones. Over rated.

{edit} And Bad Brains.

Rise Me Up
11-02-2005, 04:48 PM
I really dislike A Wilheim Scream. A lot.

AIRIC
11-02-2005, 04:48 PM
That would be wrong.

Rise Me Up
11-02-2005, 04:51 PM
That would be wrong.

What?

dropkickstreetpunk2
11-02-2005, 04:52 PM
The Unseen (new)
Cheap Sex
Anti-Flag
Rise Against

then the obvious ones - Rancid, NOFX,

Rise Me Up
11-02-2005, 04:56 PM
The Unseen (new)
Cheap Sex
Anti-Flag
Rise Against

then the obvious ones - Rancid, NOFX,

How do you hate NoFX?

blackflagfiend
11-02-2005, 05:03 PM
i hate cheap sex, the guitars are way too overdone and their views arent anything special either

Zion Gates
11-02-2005, 05:13 PM
i cant stand the ramones...rise against suck, ummm...i dont like any emo or new age hardcore stuff, black flag are overrated, and so are the clash
....but i looooveee capdown

Ghostfire3
11-02-2005, 05:14 PM
:) I like happily ending discussions.

I will give London Calling another listen, and see if I can get it to grow on me.

I would listen to their self-titled album first. I did the same thing as you. I heard the London Calling album and I just didn't like it. Then I went out and bought their self-titled album and I loved it. And after that I listened to London Calling again and it grew on me and now I like it. But if it's a more punk sound you're looking for, that'd definitely be their self-titled album.

Brain Toad
11-02-2005, 06:04 PM
You guys suck at pure hating.