PDA

View Full Version : King Crimson

Akumal
10-31-2005, 05:42 PM
Post what you want about King Crimson!!!!!!!

It dyficulkt select one song but I Like:

21st Century Schizoid Man!

JonG
10-31-2005, 05:43 PM
Uhh.. back it up?

I used to have the albums Red, In The Court of the Crimson King and In The Wake of Poseidon.

Good albums none-the-less.

classicrockman
10-31-2005, 05:44 PM
We should make this into a King Crimson thread.

shamed-angel
10-31-2005, 05:45 PM
Epitaph and I Talk To The Wind.
Epitaph because of it's stunning vocals, lyrics and amazing guitar work.
I Talk To The Wind for it's beautiful lyrics and awesome flute playing.

21st Century Schizoid Man is great too. I love what he does with his vocals and the extended imporvised parts are brilliant. As you've probably noticed, I love ITCOTCK...

Kage
10-31-2005, 05:45 PM
My favorite is the title track from In The Court of the Crimson King. Great band.

I was dissapointed not to be able to see Robert Fripp open for Porcupine Tree. Has anyone seen him live? I heard it's a trip.

CantBuyAThrill
10-31-2005, 05:52 PM
The full album "In the Court of the Crimson King" is really, really good. I wouldn't be able to pick a song off there. It's kind of like the Pink Floyd, late-Beatles or Yes syndrome; it's always better to listen to the album as a full album, not as a collection of songs, you know what I mean?

shamed-angel
10-31-2005, 05:53 PM
My Mum saw Crimson on the 'Earthbound' tour. She gave me all her KC albums, and they're brilliant.

Iskandar
10-31-2005, 05:53 PM
I'm a fan of the album Discipline more than the earlier material.

10-31-2005, 06:16 PM
I did a little title editing for you.

Grant
10-31-2005, 06:47 PM
Discipline and Red are my favourite records. The best line up King Crimson ever had was Levin, Fripp, Belew and Bruford. Thos guys have incredible chemistry.

Woodstock
10-31-2005, 06:56 PM
I tried listening to Red a long time ago, but it didn't appeal to me at all. I suppose I was expecting a copy of In The Court of the Crimson King. Maybe I should give it another try, since my tastes have really changed since then.

BlindWriting
10-31-2005, 07:01 PM
My favorite songs of theirs are definitely 21st Century Schizoid Man and Indiscipline.

Oh and after I came back from the recent New York PT/Robert Fripp show, my dad told me that he saw King Crimson on their first tour that promoted In The Court of the Crimson King, back in either '68 or '69. Found that pretty cool.

Kage
10-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Discipline and Red are my favourite records. The best line up King Crimson ever had was Levin, Fripp, Belew and Bruford. Thos guys have incredible chemistry.
I'm just now listening to Discipline for the first time, and so far it rocks. Is this one of the Levin, Fripp, Belew and Bruford lineup? If so, I need to get the others with this line up as well. I'm loving it.

I saw someone say that he's really sloppy live, although I never really thought that he would be. :-\ Him opening for Porcupine Tree would be great though.
I believe Blindwriting said he was really good live, and I've talked to someone who saw him on his League of Crafty Guitarists tour that said it was amazing. :-\. Who knows.

BlindWriting
10-31-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm just now listening to Discipline for the first time, and so far it rocks. Is this one of the Levin, Fripp, Belew and Bruford lineup? If so, I need to get the others with this line up as well. I'm loving it.
That's easily my favorite era as well. Check out THRAAK if you're into that lineup.

I believe Blindwriting said he was really good live, and I've talked to someone who saw him on his League of Crafty Guitarists tour that said it was amazing. :-\. Who knows.
It was kind of strange. His "set" consisted of his Fripp-ertonics thing, and not actual guitar solo kind of things. Sometimes it was really cool, sometimes irritatingly repetitive, sometimes narcoleptic.

Jimbo3181
10-31-2005, 07:44 PM
My favorite era is the Belew/Levin/Bruford lineup as well.

My favorite track overall is probably "Sleepless". "Frame By Frame" comes in close. I love the polyrythms in the guitar part.

anotherlamenobody
10-31-2005, 07:48 PM
I really like the way In the Wake of Poseidon is constructed and done. Their debut is also excellent, I really need to pick up more of their stuff.

thehellspawn
10-31-2005, 08:00 PM
I had a largegroup of friends see Fripp open for Porpupine Tree, and they said it was one of the worst listening experiences of their lives. Told me that he played basically a half hour of church bells. He used some sort of synth and never acctaully had a guitar sound come out. Now i cant say thats true or not as i wasnt there, but thats the info i've recieved.

bucket
10-31-2005, 08:15 PM
I love King Crimson. I believe I discovered them when I was trying to find Edge of Sanity's Crimson :p. I had about 10-15 tracks downloaded for the longest time, but never gave them a listen. I heard a few things here and there about KC, so I listened, slowly letting them grow on me.

I bought their first two albums, enjoying Court the most. In the Court of the Crimson King the track? Soooo good.

However, contrary to what seems to be most fans' opinion, Red smacks Court in the face! It is one of my favorite albums. The only problem I have with Red is the first chunk of track 4 (name slips my mind). Red, Fallen Angel, One more Red Nightmare, and Starless, though, are all unbelievable. I had to have listened to that CD ten times in two days a couple weeks ago.

The last minute of Starless is absolutely amazing.

I wish I could get my hands on more of their stuff.

King_Of_Terrors
10-31-2005, 08:42 PM
My idea = In The Thread Of The Forum King (King Crimson)
Or In The Thread Of The MX King

rockinbass17
10-31-2005, 08:53 PM
However, contrary to what seems to be most fans' opinion, Red smacks Court in the face! It is one of my favorite albums. The only problem I have with Red is the first chunk of track 4 (name slips my mind). Red, Fallen Angel, One more Red Nightmare, and Starless, though, are all unbelievable. I had to have listened to that CD ten times in two days a couple weeks ago.

I agree. I love Red, I think it's much better than ITCOTKG. (Crimson king still being a very solid album).ONe More Red nightmare is a great song.
Which gives me an idea:
One More Thread Nightmare

bucket
10-31-2005, 09:29 PM
Well if we're suggesting that this become the official thread, I will disagree. Terrible first post for an important thread, don't you think? Leave it up to a mod or major King Crimson fan.

Kage
10-31-2005, 09:31 PM
What's the difference? It doesn't need to be officially "official." It'll either stay alive or it won't.

Futuro
10-31-2005, 09:33 PM
One of my favorite bands.
Two favorite Studio albums would have to be "Larks' Tounges in aspic" and "Red"

Dr. Jake Destructo
10-31-2005, 09:38 PM
I've only heard the album In the Court of the Crimson King, but I really like it. I Talk to the Wind is probably my favorite track. It's just so chilled and beautiful.

Jacaranda
10-31-2005, 09:46 PM
KC get a little boring on all their albums about half way through, I dunno might just be because of the whole ADD thing. But in small doses I like them

Kingofdudes
10-31-2005, 09:49 PM
In the Court of the Crimson King is a great album. I really should check out their other albums.

rockinbass17
10-31-2005, 09:51 PM
I've only heard the album In the Court of the Crimson King, but I really like it. I Talk to the Wind is probably my favorite track. It's just so chilled and beautiful.

I personally love Epitaph, the dark feel and emotion are great. The orchestra swells also come in at the right time, right when it would about to get boring if they weren't present.

Killtacular
10-31-2005, 10:08 PM
I likes me some In the Court...

'Tis good, ya.

King_Of_Terrors
11-01-2005, 07:08 AM
I had bought In The Court Of The Crimson King, my favorite album by them, and my friend sent me all the rest of their discography. I must say Red and Starless and Bible Black are both fantastic albums also.

i am the robots
11-01-2005, 07:54 AM
King Crimosn is a bid too bizarre for my tastes.

Artemician
11-01-2005, 02:42 PM
Well if we're suggesting that this become the official thread, I will disagree. Terrible first post for an important thread, don't you think? Leave it up to a mod or major King Crimson fan.

If you have a problem with that, you could always revive my old King Crimson thread (which lasted for probably two weeks :p ).

Killtacular
11-01-2005, 05:21 PM
King Crimson is a bid too bizarre for my tastes.

Explain.