PDA

View Full Version : New Lagwagon Album - Resolve

widzjnent
10-31-2005, 12:12 PM
Best poppunk band lagwagon released a new album today, titled resolve.
I ordered it a couple of days ago but haven't got it yet.
If theres anyone who's got the album, I would appreciate you're opinion on it.
I can't imagine it is going to be a dissapointment.

Kif
10-31-2005, 12:21 PM
I was never much of a fan of Blaze. I always thought that it dragged out a little, and besides a few impressive standout tracks, it was quite bland.

Resolve is a step up most definately, but it still lacks character. There are a lot more songs which have their own feel to them, much like those off Let's Talk About Feelings. But I can't help but feel Lagwagon are trying too hard to come up with diverse riffs. Songs like "Automatic" and "Virus" feel a little gimmicky, even though both are fun to listen to.

6/10 from me. I think Lagwagon made a huge comeback after Blaze, even though this album hasn't been that well commercialized. Still, they can and have certainly done better.

widzjnent
10-31-2005, 12:36 PM
As with Lagwagon, I need to hear their albums a couple of times. They all grew on me the more I heard it.

All of their albums had another sound. I guess Resolve is very different from Blaze. I only heard the song Automatic, I agree with you that it feels a little gimmicky and it don't really sounds like them. Also with Automatic, I needed to hear it a couple of times: the more I heard it, the more I liked it.

I don't think Lagwagon want their albums to be commercialized, they're not like that.

Kif
10-31-2005, 12:40 PM
Yeah, Lagwagon have always tried to stay more low-key than other Fat Wreck bands. I really admire Lagwagon actually, for not jumping on this "We hate American/Bush/People/Whatever" bandwagon. They just play great music for fans, which is all that matters I guess. I just think Lagwagon have a sort of unoriginal sound. They have some amazing and addictive songs, but take them apart and it feels like it's missing something with a lot of them.

Still, there's worse bands, so why not just enjoy Lagwagon for what they are I suppose. Good album, I suggest picking it up. Not the best older style pop-punk album of the year, but a decent attempt

albert_bass
10-31-2005, 01:00 PM
I can't wait for this album.

I loved Blaze even when Trashed or Let's talk about feelings still pwn it, and I agree their sound on automatic is really changed, but I definately trust on this band.

Gnarmageddon
10-31-2005, 01:21 PM
I've been listening to Lagwagon a lot. I just listened to Double Plaidinum the other day. Great album.

I didn't even know they had a new one due out, but I'll make sure to listen to it when I can.

albert_bass
10-31-2005, 01:54 PM
Listen to their live in a dive Spence.

NOW.

Mute Print
10-31-2005, 01:58 PM
I not really into Lagwagon that much. I listened to some of their stuff a while back, and it was just okay for me.

I think I have like 5 albums from them on my computer...

Gnarmageddon
10-31-2005, 02:00 PM
Listen to their live in a dive Spence.

NOW.
k

/downloads it from you on slsk

albert_bass
10-31-2005, 02:06 PM
I not really into Lagwagon that much. I listened to some of their stuff a while back, and it was just okay for me.

I think I have like 5 albums from them on my computer...

Listen to Trashed.

Or at least to Coffee and cigarettes and Stokin' the neighbours.

Mute Print
10-31-2005, 02:07 PM
Listen to Trashed.
Okay, it's one of the 5 I have, so I will. :)

albert_bass
10-31-2005, 02:11 PM
Cool, tell me your thoughts then when you do.

Pete
10-31-2005, 02:32 PM
I was totally gonna make this thread yesterday, but none of the tracks on the new album has a title that transforms well into a thread title.

I think the new album sounds a bit rushed - albeit that probably just means it's more honest. It's good, but it's one of the Wagons weakest.

Mute Print
10-31-2005, 03:15 PM
Cool, tell me your thoughts then when you do.
I just finished listening to it, and it was surprisingly good.

I'll probably have to dowbnload the new album at some point.

albert_bass
10-31-2005, 03:18 PM
Well, trashed is just awesome. I don't think there's another Lagwagon album so great. Maybe try "Duh" and "Let's talk about feelings" next, I'm glad you liked it.

sub-bass
10-31-2005, 05:27 PM
I can't wait

k1ckthecat
10-31-2005, 06:26 PM
I never could get into this band, I love Billy Club, Never Stops, and Falling Apart from Blaze, but the remaining tracks like Max Says really turn me off.

widzjnent
11-01-2005, 01:54 AM
Well, trashed is just awesome. I don't think there's another Lagwagon album so great. Maybe try "Duh" and "Let's talk about feelings" next, I'm glad you liked it.
I think Duh is their best album. Then Trashed>Blaze=Double Plaidinum=Let's talk about feelings>Hoss.
I don't think that's really accurate; they're all awesome.
I was totally gonna make this thread yesterday, but none of the tracks on the new album has a title that transforms well into a thread title.

I think the new album sounds a bit rushed - albeit that probably just means it's more honest. It's good, but it's one of the Wagons weakest.
Haha, you always want to make an original thread title. It's difficult because all of the songs due to the life (and death) of derrick plourde, aren't they?
I can't wait
Can't wait either.

Drop The Baby
11-01-2005, 04:25 AM
They're pretty good, they're doing a big european tour soon so i'll see them on that. I reckon Duh is their best, but me and Albert could talk about that all day :)

The Live In A Dive's good then?

Drop The Baby
11-01-2005, 04:51 AM
Just found you can stream the new album here. I don't have f'ucking flash or wahtever so i can't, but here you go: http://punknews.org/

widzjnent
11-01-2005, 04:51 AM
They're pretty good, they're doing a big european tour soon so i'll see them on that. I reckon Duh is their best, but me and Albert could talk about that all day :)

Haha that must be an interesting discussion.
I don't think i am able to see them on their european tour, too bad.

Live in a dive is a must have! It's good, it's funny. When you buy it it includes a cool and funny comic book.

widzjnent
11-01-2005, 04:57 AM
Just found you can stream the new album here. I don't have f'ucking flash or wahtever so i can't, but here you go: http://punknews.org/
I don't have audio on this pc, so i can't either. I expect it to be bad quality though. I just want to put the album in my cd player, now!

Pete
11-02-2005, 08:59 AM
Haha, you always want to make an original thread title. It's difficult because all of the songs due to the life (and death) of derrick plourde, aren't they?
Yeah, they're all about Derrick, so the honest feel of it is a really nice quality - it's a more-than-worthy homage, elegy and legacy. But it feels a bit rushed.

albert_bass
11-02-2005, 09:27 AM
I was sad about Derrick Plourde, as he played in so many great bands...Lagwagon, Bad Astronaut, RKL, Mad Caddies.

Man, the live in a dive is awesome. I wish I could see them live.

The only bad thing about it is they don't play the original Stokin' The Neighbours solo.

I'm wearing my Lagwagon shirt right now :)

widzjnent
11-03-2005, 01:55 AM
They were awesome when i saw them live

I'm wearing my Lagwagon shirt right now :)
Me too :cool:

widzjnent
11-03-2005, 12:28 PM
I am lucky today: the album is lying in front of me and i am listening to it for the third time now.
I don't love it yet, but that's a good sign as i had the same with their other albums.
A good first impression though

Now i know what you mean. Maybe it sounds a bit rushed, but there are also a lot of short songs. I can't already tell if it is their weakest, it could be.

Jaded
11-07-2005, 08:06 PM
I love this album. It is a lot better than Blaze, which I throughly enjoyed. I get all nostagic and happy when I listen to Lagwagon. Been one of my fav. bands for about 8 years. When will they play a show in their hometown :angry:!?

albert_bass
11-08-2005, 02:34 PM
I finally listened to it and I have to say I like it a lot. Maybe not like Blaze but I love it anyway. Virus is awesome and Automatic has grown on me.

widzjnent
11-09-2005, 02:30 PM
i think days of new is the best song, the part "but we have never had met if it weren't for him, hey derrick" gives me goozebumps everytime i hear it.