PDA

View Full Version : Bayside Drummer is Dead.

World_Ablaze
10-31-2005, 12:34 PM
Has anone else heard this? Apparanntly they were on tour and thier van skidded out and crashed, He was the only one who didn't make it :(

RIP John beatz

Bad Blood
10-31-2005, 12:35 PM
Holy shit.

I haven't heard of this 'til now. I love bayside.

:upset:

R.I.P

Untitled
10-31-2005, 12:38 PM
That sucks, ive never got off my arse and listend to bayside but whatever.

Bad Blood
10-31-2005, 12:40 PM
It doesn't say anything about it on their website...

World_Ablaze
10-31-2005, 12:42 PM
It doesn't say anything about it on their website...

Last night after our show in Boulder, CO, Bayside was in a horrible accident. Their van skidded off the road and flipped over. Traggically, John Holohan (Drummer), did not make it. Words can't express all of the emotions. All other members of the crew and band are alive and recovering. There is a paypal account setup for Amy, John's wife. Please donate as much as you can spare. Our tour is postponed until further notice.

Hawthorne Heights

Bad Blood
10-31-2005, 12:44 PM

:upset: :upset:

BringHomeTheBacon
10-31-2005, 02:12 PM
This has been a sad year for drummers. First, Derrick Plourde (The Ataris, Bad Astronaut) now this.:upset:

itXalwaysXechos
10-31-2005, 02:13 PM
Woah... that's so awful :[

Gnarmageddon
10-31-2005, 02:19 PM
RIP :upset:

Mute Print
10-31-2005, 02:26 PM
Wow, that's horrible. :upset:

R.I.P.

B
10-31-2005, 02:31 PM
^^ Horrible gimmick.

RIP

I never heard much by them but what I did hear was pretty good..

form
10-31-2005, 02:31 PM
I don't like Bayside, but that really sucks.

RIP :(

This has been a sad year for drummers. First, Derrick Plourde (The Ataris, Bad Astronaut) now this.:upset:

What happened with the Ataris drummer?

World_Ablaze
10-31-2005, 02:33 PM
Update
the bass player is still seriously injured in hospital along with several of the road crew but Anthony and Jack have been discharged.

BringHomeTheBacon
10-31-2005, 02:34 PM
What happened with the Ataris drummer?
Well, it was The Ataris' first drummer who was only around for their first album. I think he also died in a car crash.

Mute Print
10-31-2005, 02:37 PM
Derrick Plourde shot and killed himself on March 30th.

Gnarmageddon
10-31-2005, 02:38 PM
+Lagwagon

BringHomeTheBacon
10-31-2005, 02:39 PM
+Lagwagon
Right, sorry.

World_Ablaze
10-31-2005, 02:40 PM
I know it probably doesn't apply as much here, but Jon Lee from Feeder aswell.

Mute Print
10-31-2005, 02:40 PM
Right, sorry.
Heh, I had to look it up.

It's really sad when things like this happen. :(

DepthsOfDreams555
10-31-2005, 03:27 PM
Wow that really sucks I love Bayside man that really does suck.

R.I.P.

chumpradio
10-31-2005, 03:34 PM
That sucks, I've only listened to a bit of Bayside, but they were good, and it sucks if anybody dies anyway.

BridgeToSolace
10-31-2005, 03:46 PM
I haven't listened to Bayside in a long time, but that sucks. I wish the best for his wife and the band.

And I patiently await the theme album that will spawn from this.

CommieCanada
10-31-2005, 03:47 PM
+Lagwagon
+ leftover crack

Punk_Rock_Zo
10-31-2005, 03:49 PM
Yeah, its really tragic. It's also very weird...I guess the van flipped after hitting a patch of ice outside of Cheyenne, Wyoming...I live in Laramie, which is west of Cheyenne about 35 miles. It was a beautiful day, but last night it just got extremely cold and snowy and icy extremely fast. I guess the crash happened pretty close to the pass, which is not far from where I stand at all....R.I.P. man, R.I.P

skingle
10-31-2005, 04:28 PM
My friend told me on msn. It sucks, we are covering Masterpiece at our next practice.

jasonresno
10-31-2005, 05:19 PM
Oh dude..this sucks..I wasn't hardcore Bayside, but I liked them..geeze.

Bad Blood
10-31-2005, 05:36 PM
Bayside are/were one of my favourite bands.

Do you think there will be any music coming from them again, or is this the end for them?

Kif
10-31-2005, 05:37 PM
Anyone notice that the bad things that can happen to a band are happening lately? A few good bands this year have split up, this accident, The Junior Varsity incident, Andrew McMahon's cancer.

Obviously the gods are not looking down on the pop-punk scene :(

Tjebby
10-31-2005, 06:13 PM
Anyone notice that the bad things that can happen to a band are happening lately? A few good bands this year have split up, this accident, The Junior Varsity incident, Andrew McMahon's cancer.

Obviously the gods are not looking down on the pop-punk scene :(
The Junior Varsity incident? Is that when they got their stuff stolen?

RIP... I liked Bayside. This is horrible.

Kif
10-31-2005, 06:17 PM
The Junior Varsity incident? Is that when they got their stuff stolen?
A lot worse. The lead singer's girlfriend was found dead and burnt in some building. I don't know the full story, but that band has officially the worst luck, and I feel so sorry for them

Mute Print
10-31-2005, 06:23 PM
A lot worse. The lead singer's girlfriend was found dead and burnt in some building. I don't know the full story, but that band has officially the worst luck, and I feel so sorry for them
That was horrible. I couldn't believe it when I read it. I feel so bad for those guys :upset:

Tjebby
10-31-2005, 06:27 PM
Oh my... This year is not good at all.

Kif
10-31-2005, 06:27 PM
I'm actually really surprised the band have gotten this far. They've been robbed a few times, had the windshield of their van blown out by a shotgun while they were sleeping in it, and were almost deported from the UK on their tour with Straylight Run after a passport problem.

I really want to get their new album actually. I've listened to it a lot more since I wrote it off earlier this year, and it's a great pop-punk record which isn't too heavy on the pop side of it.

Fabz
10-31-2005, 06:33 PM
Really sad :(

form
10-31-2005, 08:44 PM

Damn that sucks, :(

I love the Ataris too.

cobert
10-31-2005, 08:47 PM
Update
the bass player is still seriously injured in hospital along with several of the road crew but Anthony and Jack have been discharged.

Why do these things always happen to the bassist/drummer?

I heard some stuff by them and didnt like it. I might give it a second chance. Seeing how many people here like them, i must be missing something.

form
10-31-2005, 08:53 PM
I heard some stuff by them and didnt like it. I might give it a second chance. Seeing how many people here like them, i must be missing something.

DepthsOfDreams555
10-31-2005, 08:56 PM
Wow I can't believe that about The Junior Varsity, that really sucks.

Bad Blood
11-01-2005, 03:59 PM
The drummers girlfriend's body was found on the day of the crash, too.

Mute Print
11-01-2005, 04:11 PM
I just read that Hawthorne Heights, Silverstein, and Aiden (with whom Bayside had been touring) are continuing to sell Bayside's merch at the rest of the stops on the tour, even though Bayside will obviously not be there.

That's definately a classy move by all three bands.

Also, Hawthorne Heights' guitarist, Casey, had a tattoo done in Beatz's memory.

http://www.absolutepunk.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=9959

B
11-01-2005, 04:15 PM
I just read that Hawthorne Heights, Silverstein, and Aiden (with whom Bayside had been touring) are continuing to sell Bayside's merch at the rest of the stops on the tour, even though Bayside will obviously not be there.

I don't know about the other two, but the guys from Silverstein are really great guys, I got to meet them and everything. They all must be devastated from this.

form
11-01-2005, 08:29 PM

Thats cool of him, I'm listening to Bayside (http://www.purevolume.com/bayside) right now, I never gave them a chance and also I thought they were a different band. Anyway they are pretty good.

k1ckthecat
11-01-2005, 11:17 PM
The drummer from Bleed the Dream died in April too I think :(

Drumming is becoming more dangerous than smoking.

TMA
11-02-2005, 01:45 PM
Damn... that sucks. A lot.
I haven't heard much Bayside before, but what I did hear, I really liked. And I wanted to go to that show for Silverstein and Aiden... damn.
God, first Bleed The Dream's drummer dies and then the guy from the Ataris kills himself, and now Bayside's drummer goes... this really ****ing sucks.

TMA
11-02-2005, 01:46 PM
The drummer from Bleed the Dream died in April too I think :(

Drumming is becoming more dangerous than smoking.
I know, and he was so f*cking good too. He actually crawled out of his bed in the hospital so he could record to drum tracks on Built By Blood. With an internal infection, he went and recorded drum tracks... one of the greatest moves ever made by a musician.

B
11-02-2005, 02:08 PM
I didn't know that...

And I have the album too.

Mute Print
11-02-2005, 02:46 PM
When I read that he did all of the drums for that album, I couldn't believe it. That had to have taken a lot of will-power and strength. He did an awesome job though. That album turned out great.

k1ckthecat
11-02-2005, 09:46 PM
I know, and he was so f*cking good too. He actually crawled out of his bed in the hospital so he could record to drum tracks on Built By Blood. With an internal infection, he went and recorded drum tracks... one of the greatest moves ever made by a musician.
god i didn't hear that, that is one great man. what did he die from again? i heard cancer but the guy i heard it from was stoned.

TMA
11-02-2005, 11:53 PM
god i didn't hear that, that is one great man. what did he die from again? i heard cancer but the guy i heard it from was stoned.
It was Cancer

SunnyDayRealEstateAM
11-03-2005, 12:04 AM
This sucks big time. I liked the Bayside songs I've heard. RIP

Mute Print
11-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Here's a message from Anthony of Bayside:

The worst day of my life is over. It lasted 72 hours, but it's over. I know now that everyday for the rest of my life will be a piece of cake to wake up to, I'm just glad that I get to wake up to them. On Halloween I lost my best friend, big brother, mentor and band mate. I find a lot of comfort in knowing that I had a best friend, big brother, mentor and band mate in the first place, when so many people will never know what it is like to have someone as magical as Beatz in their lives. I'm so lucky for that and so lucky that I survived this thing to tell everyone about him. Anyone that knew Beatz fell in love with him instantly. Whether you were his brother, his wife, his friend or you met him for five minutes. This letter, this week and the rest of my life is not going to be a mourning of a lost life, but a celebration of a wonderful one. He will live forever in all of our hearts and in the music he created so passionately.

On behalf of Bayside, everyone in the Bayside/Victory camp and the Holohan clan, I thank you all so much for your support through all of this. I have to thank the members of Hawthorne Heights, Silverstein and Aiden, all of their crews, everyone at Victory, our manager Nate Albert and our families and friends for everything they have done since the second this happened, to get us past the last few days. Our guitar tech Nicky Raneri, tour manager Scott Robinson, guitar player Jack O'Shea and I are all home safe. Nick is going into surgery in a couple of hours and will make a full recovery; our drum tech Dan Marino is out of surgery and we hope to get him home by the end of the week. Every one of the fans, the press and any other company or person that has gotten in touch with us has just been amazing and it's all that support that got us through this.

On November 16th, Jack and I will be flying out to St Petersburg, FL to
join up with the Never Sleep Again Tour. We will be playing an acoustic
set that night and every night through the end of the tour on December
11th. We loved this tour. Beatz loved this tour and this is something
that we need to do for ourselves, for our band and for John Beatz, who
would kick my *** if I didn't finish up what he gave his life for. After
that, we will be taking the holidays off, as planned, and then getting
back on the road again as a band in 2006. Aside from the next two weeks,
we can not let this situation slow our band down or cancel one more show
or tour. All any of us ever wanted to do was play music and make this
band into something that people would know and love. That hasn't changed
and we can't let it. Beatz wouldn't have it any other way.

It will take me a long time to get the horrible images from that night
out of my head and it will take some time for my friends Nick and Dan to
get their asses out of bed, but I will, and they will and life will move
on with only the happier memories of my best friend.

Thank you all for your support. The whole Bayside camp and the Holohan
family are living on it right now. Please look into the John Holohan
Memorial Fund. It's not about money; it's the thought that counts. For
all of us and his family to know that he made a huge impact on the world
is all we have right now.

Thank You,
Anthony Raneri
& Bayside
It's hard to believe that these guys plan on finishing this tour. Really awesome. I cannot wait until I get to see them.

B
11-03-2005, 02:45 PM
I wish I had the positive view on life that he does. If someone that close to me died I probably wouldn't move for 6 months.

Untitled
11-03-2005, 02:53 PM
I wish I had the positive view on life that he does. If someone that close to me died I probably wouldn't move for 6 months.
If my best mate died i wouldnt move for months, id just lay there in bed. slowly weaping.

(>dragon~guitarist<)
11-04-2005, 02:22 AM
Oh man, sorry to hear that happen to im sure was a great guy. I read the story on their website, I really applaud them for finishing the tour because it was probably what Beatz wanted.

comptonasseddy
11-04-2005, 04:49 AM
i know this is a bit off the topic but the lead singer in the junior varsity's gf died? can someone confirm that this is her myspace. www.myspace.com/olamide1. I saw it on the victory records website. this sucks tho. R.I.P Beatz.

TakeWarning
11-04-2005, 07:49 AM
Lame, I liked Bayside. It's probably been mentioned before in this thread but there's a memorial fund for him.