PDA

View Full Version : Glassjaw

Laredo
10-30-2005, 09:59 PM
ive been listening to everything mike patton for like months, but i finally found a new way with a recently discovered band, Glassjaw. even tho theyve been around for a while.

can anyone name me some good glassjaw songs before i go out and buy some discs, or find a friend who has some

and if u dont like them please dont post in here with anything stupid, i just wanna kno some of their better songs.

draintheblood
10-30-2005, 10:57 PM
I couldn't really help you, I could never get into them. I don't even remember the songs I've heard before, it was at least a year or two ago. sorry...

bwnstl
10-30-2005, 11:29 PM
Siberian Kiss, Lovebites and Razorlines, Hurting and Shoving, Her Middle Name Was Boom, Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Silence, Mu Empire, Ape Dos Mil, Stuck Pig.
Any of them really, they're a great band.

AkeJay02
01-24-2006, 10:43 PM
Anyone know where I can find some live videos of them. All of the vids I find have the recorded track overdubbed on the vid. I want to know how awesome they sound live.

Moses
01-24-2006, 10:46 PM
Heh, at first I thought it said Glassjew!!

NeverOpethDeth
02-01-2006, 11:09 AM
glassjew ahaha thats awesome but what kinda music is glassjaw?

Moon Flavor
02-01-2006, 01:15 PM
They're pretty unclassifiable. Their older stuff could be considered new-school hardcore, but that really wouldn't do it justice. Their newer stuff is more like metal-ish punk...but that wouldn't do it justice either. Download the songs Siberian Kiss, Mu Empire, and Pretty Lush to get a decent idea of their sound.

They broke up a while back, but I guess they're getting together again to make an album for 2007.

kieranmark
02-01-2006, 02:02 PM

Umm I donno, kinda post-hardcore/Screamo? Not metal anyways

Cosmopolitain blood loss, Pink Roses, lovebites and razorlines

Acctually this is probably my fav. song by them: http://www.youtube.com/w/Glassjaw-Two-Tabs-Of-Mescaline?v=v__MSJzYnlo&search=glassjaw

bwnstl
02-01-2006, 05:08 PM
They definitely have the post-punk/post-hardcore sound going on for me.

I don't believe they broke up. They go on hiatuses often because of the lead singer/screamer's health issues. He has Chrone's Disease, which is a crippling intestinal disorder so they end up having to cancel a lot of tour dates. It sucks, because they're so good.

Moon Flavor
02-01-2006, 05:42 PM
They definitely have the post-punk/post-hardcore sound going on for me.

I don't believe they broke up. They go on hiatuses often because of the lead singer/screamer's health issues. He has Chrone's Disease, which is a crippling intestinal disorder so they end up having to cancel a lot of tour dates. It sucks, because they're so good.
From what I saw, they were split up (or on hiatus, same difference) because he was busy with his other band, Head Automatica, who incidentally suck.

PinkFreud
02-01-2006, 06:25 PM
i like head automatica. glassjaw's ok too. but i really like head automatica. except that some songs sound too similar. other than that, they're good to go.

bwnstl
02-01-2006, 10:57 PM
From what I saw, they were split up (or on hiatus, same difference) because he was busy with his other band, Head Automatica, who incidentally suck.

Last time I checked they had cancelled a bunch of tour dates from last year because of Daryl's disease.

CarrionBirds
02-03-2006, 05:51 PM
i almost got so lucky

i went to see throwdown live around here a few monthes ago, and glassjaw was there and they were like so close to playing a few songs. but something happened and they couldn't

it f-ckin sucked, worse than throwdown

I'm Charming
02-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Heh, at first I thought it said Glassjew!!

lawl.

I was sent a song of this band once and it was awful.