PDA

View Full Version : Sweetness

drumindave
10-29-2005, 11:29 PM
So tonight I went to see Avenged Sevenfold in cleveland along with some other bands. The First opener was called opiate for the masses and their drummer was something else. This guy was amazing, He did this weird thing with stick spins before hitting his crashes every time, and he would throw his sticks and catch them perfectly. You had to be their it was beautiful playing; it blew me away even though the band sucked in general, well the singer and guitarist did. Any one every seen this band cause the drummer is worth it. When I talked to him he said that he learned all the tricks in drum line and applied them to drumset making them "good". The second band death by stereo sucked. They talked themselves being sick of all the new bands sounding alike, well they wished they were like pennywise or killswitch on almost all their songs. The third band Saosin, which I kinda went for was amazing too. Their drummer is solid as ice and reminded me alot of how I play, but he was pretty sweet. Avenged Sevenfold finally came on and blew me away too, but their drummer has no style he sat perfectly still. He played the songs perfect though so I give him props for that and he had a lot of technique just not showmen ship.

So anyone else go to this show tonight or see these bands before.

White
10-29-2005, 11:40 PM
i have never heard of them, but these drummers seem to be pretty good, and as long as the drummer played the song correct thats all that matters, showmenship is the least a band should worry about, am I not correct?

FockerTheLopper
10-29-2005, 11:51 PM
I don't really like screamo but I respect a screamo drummer who doesn't put on a show, I understand why Avenged Sevenfold became so popular, their about the music not about the scene

puppet.master
10-29-2005, 11:59 PM
dude

a7x (avenged seven fold)

isnt screamo

Brokensticks
10-30-2005, 12:16 AM
Some of it....

puppet.master
10-30-2005, 12:24 AM
not really

actually not at all
theres a big difference between some "screams" in a song and screamo
screamo is when the singer is almost constantly singing and its near impossible to tell what he is trying to say

the singer in avenged seven fold does raise his voice but its still very easy to tell what hes saying