PDA

View Full Version : Does This Look Good???

White
10-29-2005, 11:56 PM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/SONOR-FORCE-3003-FSH-325-5PC-DRUM-STAGE-SET-PIANO-BLACK_W0QQitemZ7361038225QQcategoryZ38097QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem It seems like a fake, and if it is real, and I do buy it, Can The Tom Mounts fit into A multi Clamp, cause I wannt hook It up to my cmybal stands, any cmments are welcome, thanks. Jeff

Half Life
10-30-2005, 12:03 AM
Looks like a legit auction to me, and apparently the guys a reputable seller too(check his feedback...he has a good rating). I'd say go for it if you want one of those kits. As far as the multiclamp goes, I have no good input on that subject :confused:

White
10-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Looks like a legit auction to me, and apparently the guys a reputable seller too(check his feedback...he has a good rating). I'd say go for it if you want one of those kits. As far as the multiclamp goes, I have no good input on that subject :confused:

ya,it has th TAR mounting system, also, I heard that this constantly puts your drum out of tune, seeing as it is clamped to the tuneing Pegs. And i Cant see thick inough mounts inserting into the multiclap sysetem, that would be big enoguh to fit in a tom holder off of a cymbal stand.

Half Life
10-30-2005, 12:19 AM
I'm doubtful that it(TAR)takes your drums out of tune constantly. It's used on all of Sonors drums(Force, S-Class, Delites, and Designers)and if it truely did that, why would they use it? That sounds like a stupid claim.

White
10-30-2005, 12:22 AM
I'm doubtful that it(TAR)takes your drums out of tune constantly. It's used on all of Sonors drums(Force, S-Class, Delites, and Designers)and if it truely did that, why would they use it? That sounds like a stupid claim.

Well not "constantly" but more than usual, it doesnt sound stupid,its pretty plausible its hooked up to the tuning pegs, pulling them it should change the tune, yes, I understand what your saying, if it does that why would you use them, but it could just be to save them moeny, why would zildjian make ZBTs? y would Pearl Make Exports?, its just like that

innerlo2
10-30-2005, 12:30 AM
With it only sitting on 2 of the pegs.. I wouldn't trust it not to mess with tuning, at least with the roundness of the rims.

Gretsch tom mounts however, sit on 4 pegs. Good stuff.

White
10-30-2005, 12:36 AM
With it only sitting on 2 of the pegs.. I wouldn't trust it not to mess with tuning, at least with the roundness of the rims.

Gretsch tom mounts however, sit on 4 pegs. Good stuff.

So are you saying that it WILL put them out of tune, or keep them in tune, srry I didnt find that to clear, and if its a bad mounting system, how can I replace it?

Brokensticks
10-30-2005, 01:14 AM
The TAR mounting system is great!

Double Bass Jim
10-30-2005, 01:37 AM
One of the best ^^

stevoibanez
10-30-2005, 06:49 AM
Looks good. And it includes the hardware pack, which I beleive is 400 series. That alone is close to 250$.

Drum Phil
10-30-2005, 06:53 AM
400 pedals are great :) Also, yes the mounts will fit into a multiclamp

stevoibanez
10-30-2005, 07:04 AM
yeah the tom mounts will fit. I would take a really really small tube for it not to fit into a clamp.

ben_staples
10-30-2005, 07:10 AM
It is very unlikely that that mounting system will pull the drums out of tune over time, if it was doing that it would actually have to slowly change the shape of the wood which isn't very maleable.

I think what people have referred to is the mounts will change the tuning of the drum between tuning and mounting, but once it's in place it'll stay like that for as long as any other drum.

Looks like a good purchase.

White
10-30-2005, 07:47 AM
Ok good, I was worried about that, so It is a good system eh, I heard some bad reports about it on here, but I guess those were fake haha, well thanks, Jeff

Finch88
10-30-2005, 10:44 AM
notice: its a 3003 and not the newer 3005

Waste of Paint
10-30-2005, 03:26 PM
I don't have a TAR system but I have used them and they didn't seem like they would put a drum out of tune. Of course, I didn't play them 24/7 and tuned them myself, considering they weren't mine, so I apologize if I'm giving bad information.

White
10-30-2005, 03:36 PM
I don't have a TAR system but I have used them and they didn't seem like they would put a drum out of tune. Of course, I didn't play them 24/7 and tuned them myself, considering they weren't mine, so I apologize if I'm giving bad information.

lol, anything helps

daveplaysdrums
10-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Go for it! that's cheaper than my 2005 was last year. I don't see why it would be any less quality than the 3003. He's got a few of them kits on there by the looks of things.

Double Bass Jim
10-30-2005, 06:44 PM
so It is a good system eh
Top notch man, the TAR is excellent.

playwithfire
10-30-2005, 06:48 PM
Well not "constantly" but more than usual, it doesnt sound stupid,its pretty plausible its hooked up to the tuning pegs, pulling them it should change the tune, yes, I understand what your saying, if it does that why would you use them, but it could just be to save them moeny, why would zildjian make ZBTs? y would Pearl Make Exports?, its just like that...Your point is irrelevant, Zildjian makes ZBTs and Pearl makes Exports to appeal to a wider market mix. Nothing to do with saving them money...

Aside from that, if there's any system that puts drums out of tune it's the RIMS and Starcast mounting systems.

dumbassdrummer
10-30-2005, 10:49 PM
Sigler, that's the music store I go to, except I go to the Springdale one (I live in Fayetteville).

Very cool. So yes, it's definately real.

rockindrummer
10-30-2005, 11:19 PM
The TAR mounting system does not put the toms out of tune. Sonorken, Damo, and Jim all say that the TAR system is one of the best mounting systems.

That is a good deal man, I would definitly look into that kit.