PDA

View Full Version : My friend just gave me his Plan-it-X collection...

surfkauai
10-29-2005, 12:06 PM
So my really good friend has decided to move to Bloomington, Indiana just to do something different with his life and stuff. But obviously, he couldn't take everything he owns, so for the past week or so he's been giving alot of stuff away. Last night when i dropped by his house he took me inside because he "needed to give me something". When i followed him into his room, he handed me an armful of cd's. Most of them are Plan-it-X bands, but there are a few others. I'll list them so you can all talk about how jealous you are.

The Max Levine Ensemble - Chach, Cops, and Donuts
The Max Levine Ensemble - How to Build an Intergalactic Time Travel Machine
Rosa - I, Mississippi, You
Ghost Mice, Defiance Ohio Split
Ghost Mice - The Debt of the Dead
Spoonboy - I Love You, This is a Robbery
Ghost Mice, Pretty Hot Split
Against Me! - Crime as Forgiven By
One Reason - All Rivers Run South, All Roads Lead Home
Dust From 1000 Years - Dust From 1000 Years
The Devil is Electric - I've Never Trusted a Revolutionary that was Afraid to Dance
elliott****ingsmith - Now hear THIS Marco Polo:
Operation: Cliff Calvin - Out of Control (2 disk)

and then some random extras:
Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables
NWA - Greatest Hits
The Adicts - Joker in the Pack

The only bands in that list (besides the extras) that i'd ever heard before he gave me these cd's were Against Me!, Ghost Mice, Defiance, Ohio, and elliott****ingsmith (they're sort of local). I'm really liking all these cd's right now though. So talk about those bands and stuff.

England5Germany1
10-29-2005, 12:17 PM
I love PIX with a passion.

Nerdcore753
10-29-2005, 12:26 PM
Nice man. I've been meaning to order some more stuff from there because they have a lot of great stuff.

TheNowhereman42
10-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Isn't bloomington where the guys from O:CC and The Devil is Electric live?

fyll
10-29-2005, 12:52 PM
defiance, ohio great ****

Gnarmageddon
10-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Those are some good CDs. Lucky bastard.

I live in Indy.

DaveToopes
10-29-2005, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I'm really jealous of a good friend moving away.... That's cool about the CD's though.

Brain Toad
10-29-2005, 02:10 PM
Isn't bloomington where the guys from O:CC and The Devil is Electric live?

It's where PIX is located. So the guy must've been a big PIX fan and wants to move to the meca of folk-punk, probably to try and help them.

PIX is probably the greatest record label I've heard of, all their bands are awesome and they have a great set of ideals going for them. I've been meaning to order stuff from them.

lynch_me
10-29-2005, 02:20 PM
kevin ordered from there and they drew him a picture of a cat.

FunknPunk
10-29-2005, 07:04 PM
kevin ordered from there and they drew him a picture of a cat.
never heard of plan-it-X.... *ashamed*

Flagjacket
10-29-2005, 08:01 PM
never heard of plan-it-X.... *ashamed*
www.plan-it-x.com. I'm going to order a boatload of stuff from there after Christmas.

Anxious
10-29-2005, 08:38 PM
Sst>pix

DaveToopes
10-29-2005, 08:40 PM
What's Sst?

Anxious
10-29-2005, 08:44 PM
The label that Greg Ginn of Black Flag set up. Loads and loads of great bands were on that label. My last statement was sorta directed toward nick saying PIX is the greatest label ever. I'm such a prick.

Flagjacket
10-29-2005, 08:50 PM
Sst>pix
That's a lie, PIX >>> SST just because I don't like the Meat Puppets.

Anxious
10-29-2005, 08:56 PM
That's a lie, PIX >>> SST just because I don't like the Meat Puppets.
How could you not like the Meat Puppets?

Plus Meat Puppets sound like a band PIX would have in their roster.

Flagjacket
10-29-2005, 09:01 PM
I just don't. Part of the reason might be because my Nirvana friend thinks they're the best SST band cause they were on that Unplugged show, and then the rest of it would be because I just don't like them.

Brain Toad
10-29-2005, 09:49 PM
SST was great too, but did they sell their albums for no profit? That's why I love PIX it's a label of just getting music out there rather thenmaking money for the artists. I won't deny the greatest of SST, even for the simple fact they had The Descendents.

DaveToopes
10-29-2005, 10:18 PM
SST was great too, but did they sell their albums for no profit? That's why I love PIX it's a label of just getting music out there rather thenmaking money for the artists. I won't deny the greatest of SST, even for the simple fact they had The Descendents.

Exactly why I love PIX so much.

Nerdcore753
10-29-2005, 10:29 PM
SST had Minutemen, Husker Du, Bad Brains, Descendents, and some others I forget. So now I must express my love for SST too.

Anxious
10-29-2005, 10:35 PM
Ok so I like both.

Excursions
10-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Soundgarden, Negativland, Husker Du, Meat Puppets, Minutemen, Black Flag, Descendents, Sonic Youth, Bad Brains, fIREHOSE, Dinosaur Jr etc fuc'king etc were some of the bands on SST. Darn good label in my opinion.

Aus Rotten
10-30-2005, 01:37 AM
Ill man, I am absolutely jealous! The Against Me! and Adicts especially free, noice steal! :thumb:

skateMASTERbater2
10-30-2005, 06:58 AM
The Max Levine Ensemble are awesome.

sketchyjoe
10-31-2005, 04:17 AM
Dust From 1000 Years is the only one of those I don't have. What's it like?

rawdog
10-31-2005, 04:56 AM
PIX just have great bands with cool ideals.

nitzguy
10-31-2005, 10:27 AM
So my really good friend has decided to move to Bloomington, Indiana just to do something different with his life and stuff. But obviously, he couldn't take everything he owns, so for the past week or so he's been giving alot of stuff away. Last night when i dropped by his house he took me inside because he "needed to give me something". When i followed him into his room, he handed me an armful of cd's. Most of them are Plan-it-X bands, but there are a few others. I'll list them so you can all talk about how jealous you are.

The Max Levine Ensemble - Chach, Cops, and Donuts
The Max Levine Ensemble - How to Build an Intergalactic Time Travel Machine
Rosa - I, Mississippi, You
Ghost Mice, Defiance Ohio Split
Ghost Mice - The Debt of the Dead
Spoonboy - I Love You, This is a Robbery
Ghost Mice, Pretty Hot Split
Against Me! - Crime as Forgiven By
One Reason - All Rivers Run South, All Roads Lead Home
Dust From 1000 Years - Dust From 1000 Years
The Devil is Electric - I've Never Trusted a Revolutionary that was Afraid to Dance
elliott****ingsmith - Now hear THIS Marco Polo:
Operation: Cliff Calvin - Out of Control (2 disk)

and then some random extras:
Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables
NWA - Greatest Hits
The Adicts - Joker in the Pack

The only bands in that list (besides the extras) that i'd ever heard before he gave me these cd's were Against Me!, Ghost Mice, Defiance, Ohio, and elliott****ingsmith (they're sort of local). I'm really liking all these cd's right now though. So talk about those bands and stuff.

/kicks you in nuts, then steals ,Rosa - I, Mississippi, You:evil:

AIRIC
10-31-2005, 01:19 PM
/kicks you in nuts, then steals ,Rosa - I, Mississippi, You:evil:

Rosa is one of the few PIX bands that I don't like.