PDA

View Full Version : ughhhh

Finch88
10-29-2005, 11:39 AM
how come my parents bitch at me when i use my pad (since i dont have a kit yet...) but i can blast my guitar for hours and they dont say a thing?!!

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHH HHH :angry:

Trev
10-29-2005, 11:40 AM
Its the same thing for me, I can play on my kit for as long as I want, but as soon as I play on the pad the annoying tapping noise just drives them nuts.

Finch88
10-29-2005, 11:43 AM
good thing im moving out next year

ThugsRook
10-29-2005, 11:47 AM
hehe ~ i hate to say it but, listening to just drums (or a pad) is very annoying.

when i practice to CDs and ppl are home, i rigged it up so they can turn on the stereo in the living room and listen to what im playing to. they find it much less annoying that way :thumb:

Futuro
10-29-2005, 11:52 AM
when i practice to CDs and ppl are home, i rigged it up so they can turn on the stereo in the living room and listen to what im playing to. they find it much less annoying that way Thats is a pretty kickass idea man.

FockerTheLopper
10-29-2005, 11:54 AM
Tac tac tac PRRRRrac tap tap prac tac tac PRRRac tac tac tac tacacacacac PRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR PRAC TAC TAC TAC TAC PRAC A TAC PRAC A TAC

Thats only being said, imagine having to hear that!

stevoibanez
10-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Its normal. By most non-musical people, drums arent considered a proper instrument. They dont see how paradiddles can be music.

Finch88
10-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Tac tac tac PRRRRrac tap tap prac tac tac PRRRac tac tac tac tacacacacac PRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR PRAC TAC TAC TAC TAC PRAC A TAC PRAC A TAC

Thats only being said, imagine having to hear that!

im so dumb i tried to play that ... then i got bored by the second or third "prac"

:lol: honestly it wouldnt bother me at all

breakster
10-29-2005, 12:15 PM
yup, listening to that would make me wanna prrrac a TAk that kid in the head

Brokensticks
10-29-2005, 04:51 PM
Its probably because they can know the song you are playing on guitar where as drums to people who arn't drummer they just think its you just hitting things and it doesnt sound as much like a song without guitar.

rockindrummer
10-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Ya most people just see drums as noise. Where as guitar you can easily tell what the person is playing.

Finch88
10-29-2005, 05:59 PM
i dont play too many songs on my guitar ... i just kinda solo like a madman

oh well :(

J0llyhunter
10-29-2005, 06:12 PM
hehe ~ i hate to say it but, listening to just drums (or a pad) is very annoying.

amen to that! even i find it annoying when i LISTEN to it. funny how when you're playing you don't notice, but i must have to say it is "QUITE" annoying for the listener

dj_ando
10-29-2005, 08:00 PM

when i practice to CDs and ppl are home, i rigged it up so they can turn on the stereo in the living room and listen to what im playing to. they find it much less annoying that way :thumb:

i do the same, and get no complaints. i did used to cop a lot for using my pad - ironic that playing on the 'silent' practice pad pisses people off the most. make yourself a fort of blankets or something :lol:

aznriceball
10-29-2005, 08:03 PM
see what u do is...have some stand there and play chords while u practice..:lol:

Finch88
10-29-2005, 08:12 PM
see what u do is...have some stand there and play chords while u practice..:lol:

i could buy a delay pedal with a 1 minute looper on it ... but eh ... im cheap

if u dont know what im talking about, its ok cuz this is the drum forum and im a guitarist at heart

DONT KILL ME :upset:

Double Bass Jim
10-30-2005, 12:47 AM
Sucks when the parents are against their own childrens musical passion, that always pisses me off.

I mean come on... a PRACTICE PAD ISNT THAT LOUD.

aznriceball
10-30-2005, 01:01 AM
i could buy a delay pedal with a 1 minute looper on it ... but eh ... im cheap

if u dont know what im talking about, its ok cuz this is the drum forum and im a guitarist at heart

DONT KILL ME :upset:

just cuz we are drummers dont mean that we completely ignore everything else our band has. especially me since im the one that buys that stuff lol. and i agree, effects pedals are quite pricey.

puppet.master
10-30-2005, 01:04 AM
Sucks when the parents are against their own childrens musical passion, that always pisses me off.

I mean come on... a PRACTICE PAD ISNT THAT LOUD.
my parents are all for my musical passion

theire wallets arent though :upset:

Corkofski
10-30-2005, 02:34 AM
just cuz we are drummers dont mean that we completely ignore everything else our band has. especially me since im the one that buys that stuff lol. and i agree, effects pedals are quite pricey.
a guitar is one of those stringy things that play notes, right?
still not really sure what a bass is, enlighten me someone?

alexi2
10-30-2005, 03:11 AM
heh, my brother and parents always nag when I play, funny thing is, I play on an elec kit when they are in the house...

They say the vibrations piss them off, but when my (older) brother plays his guitar for hours and hours they don't say a word

slash_bmxer09
10-30-2005, 08:07 AM
Luckily...People in my house dont care about me playing. Drums, Guitar, Bass anything...even my band can practice here.

FockerTheLopper
10-30-2005, 08:11 AM

Not true, I love hearing people-experienced playing a practice pad, its like a snare drum solo, but again its not practicing, refer to my Prac A tac statement to see the more annoying part of the practice pad

Finch88
10-30-2005, 09:42 AM

haha i didnt mean it like that but like all the other drummers i know have no idea what im talking about when i say stuff like that