PDA

View Full Version : killswitch and shadows fall

*spenser*
10-28-2005, 08:04 PM
i bought the war within and i was amazed it was one of the best albums i ever heard. So killswitch is freinds with them so they must be good too, im sad 2 say im dissapointed at kse, good band, but i hate the double tracked screams by adam d, just let howard sing plz.

*spenser*
10-28-2005, 08:11 PM
and uhh is howard jones black?

Joe
10-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Try having a question or something that gives a lot for people to talk about. Also, try typing in proper English, this isn't an AIM chat.

Shadows Within
10-28-2005, 08:13 PM
shadows fall god metal KSE decent metalcore and howard jones is black....whats the point of this thread?

tattered_kuma
10-28-2005, 09:24 PM
i like killswitch but i havent heard any shadows fall perhaps i should look into them....also why does it matter if howard jones is black or not *spenser*?

kurt98
10-28-2005, 10:39 PM
i like killswitch but i havent heard any shadows fall perhaps i should look into them....also why does it matter if howard jones is black or not *spenser*?
cuz black ppl cant scream (jk)

maggot4875
10-28-2005, 10:41 PM
my sisters boyfriend knows killswitch engage and jams out with them cause they live a little bit from where i live.there really talented and he said they went to music school a couple years

naw mean mang?
10-28-2005, 11:11 PM
shadows fall is loads better than killswitch engage. and yes howard jones is a black man...SINGING METAL!

36Dritzlfists
10-29-2005, 02:14 AM
If you wanna whole Black band that plays metal try God Forbid who also happens to be good friends of both bands. By the way, I just saw God Forbid and they were amazing!

Britton
10-29-2005, 02:36 AM
How long did they play?

36Dritzlfists
10-29-2005, 10:00 AM
How long did they play?

It seemed like 45 minutes, I counted about 8 songs.

shamed-angel
10-29-2005, 10:05 AM
i bought the war within and i was amazed it was one of the best albums i ever heard. So killswitch is freinds with them so they must be good too, im sad 2 say im dissapointed at kse, good band, but i hate the double tracked screams by adam d, just let howard sing plz.
So you've never heard Killswitch but they're friends with Shadows Fall? They must be amazing.
I'm currently playing my guitar with Jon Donais's plectrum. I got each member's pick and Jason's drumstick... It was a tiny show in Cardiff Barfly.

Shred Danson
10-29-2005, 10:44 AM
If you wanna whole Black band that plays metal try God Forbid who also happens to be good friends of both bands. By the way, I just saw God Forbid and they were amazing!

there's a white guy in that band :p

And God Forbid is great. I just picked up Constitution of Treason, and I have to say, it's really turned out to be their best album. Determination was good, Gone Forever was great, but the new CD blows them both away. It also blows anything Killswitch has done away.

KittensInMicrowaves
10-29-2005, 11:12 AM
there's a white guy in that band :p

And God Forbid is great. I just picked up Constitution of Treason, and I have to say, it's really turned out to be their best album. Determination was good, Gone Forever was great, but the new CD blows them both away. It also blows anything Killswitch has done away.

god forbid is much better technically than killswitch... i love both bands tho

36Dritzlfists
10-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Plus Byron is such a scary looking dude. His presence is so intimidating. I still think Determination is their best cd. All God Forbid is great actually. I got to meet Dallas before the show. hes a cool dude. Many people think I can pass for a Doc Coyle look alike.

Converge_Cult
10-29-2005, 07:25 PM
there are alot of black guys in hardcore metal bands..remember the almighty Suffocation..Mike Smith..and Terrace Hobbs..there black..zao..and the end..have black guys too.............shya..anywho..i dont really like killswitch..but Shadows Fall are pretty ****ing awesome

KittensInMicrowaves
10-29-2005, 09:17 PM
Plus Byron is such a scary looking dude. His presence is so intimidating. I still think Determination is their best cd. All God Forbid is great actually. I got to meet Dallas before the show. hes a cool dude. Many people think I can pass for a Doc Coyle look alike.

determination is my personal fave :cool:

Shattered_Future
10-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Killswitch Engage...decent, but they get boring after a while.

Shadows Fall I like a lot though. Brilliant guitarists.

Shadows
10-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Killswitch Engage...decent, but they get boring after a while.

Shadows Fall I like a lot though. Brilliant guitarists.
Damn straight. :cool:

I like God Forbid a bit too.

Toaster
10-29-2005, 10:19 PM
god forbid is much better technically than killswitch... i love both bands tho

God Forbid are monsters technically. Their guitar work isn't overly complex, but live they don't miss a beat. I saw them touring with Meshuggah and they nearly stole the show. I was also surprised that Byron could pull off his screams live, I was totally impressed by him as well. So, anyway, highly recommended live act. :thumb:

Metal_head45
11-05-2005, 04:45 AM
God Forbid are monsters technically. Their guitar work isn't overly complex, but live they don't miss a beat. I saw them touring with Meshuggah and they nearly stole the show. I was also surprised that Byron could pull off his screams live, I was totally impressed by him as well. So, anyway, highly recommended live act. :thumb:

I saw KSE just recently and they were perfect (that was with one of their guitarists in hospital). I haven't heard shadows fall, but you guys give them the :thumb: so i should d/l some songs. KSE are ****ing mad though!!

Mother
11-05-2005, 05:43 AM
Hmm, I like KSE.

TheSlayer
11-06-2005, 10:38 AM
So you've never heard Killswitch but they're friends with Shadows Fall? They must be amazing.
I'm currently playing my guitar with Jon Donais's plectrum. I got each member's pick and Jason's drumstick... It was a tiny show in Cardiff Barfly.

There're playing this saturday at Cardiff CIA? Are you going......BECAUS I AM!

Elnimio
11-06-2005, 10:40 AM
This thread made me lose IQ points.

GenuineImitation
11-06-2005, 10:44 AM
Killswitch Engage is pretty good, but I dont really care for Shadows Fall. For whatever reason, the singer from Shadows Fall annoys me.

Arrakakaka
11-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Some KSE is alright. But Shadows Fall is pretty bad.

Biancazzurri
11-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Shadows Fall are awesome... Every song is so much filled with energy, though the vocals are not the best but the guitars really compensate it.

Flynn
11-06-2005, 03:47 PM

Yeah I saw them live and loved every second! They're so great live, I would love to see them again.

south_guitar
11-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Shadows Fall is alright. The only album that I really like from them is Of One Blood. Brian Fair's vocals are sketchy.

I think KSE is one of those bands that rapes Gothenberg riffs. Although I think Alive or Just Breathing is a pretty good album.

TheSlayer
11-07-2005, 01:55 PM
So is anyone apart from me going to Taste of chaos UK tour only because KSE are there?

Metal_head45
11-08-2005, 05:32 AM
So is anyone apart from me going to Taste of chaos UK tour only because KSE are there?

I went to ToC in Melbourne basically for KSE, but i also like Rise Against so i went for them aswell. They are awesome live and that was with one of the guitarists missing (i think i said that earlier).

Edgecrusher141
11-08-2005, 08:34 AM
both are excellent bands. i prefer KSE. Adam D has a shriek. and Howard is one of the only vocalists i can think of that can sing with that much depth and still do unbelievably good screams.

big80smullet
11-08-2005, 09:22 AM
Shadows fall are a great band. Their best CD is The Art of Balance. every song on that cd is awesome. they pull of some crazy shit on the guitar.

KittensInMicrowaves
11-08-2005, 09:24 AM
Anyone have any idea when KsE is going to start recording new material?

They're due for an album soon I think... hopefully, it'll be heavier than TEOH

Steve DeBerg
11-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Shadows fall are a great band. Their best CD is The Art of Balance. every song on that cd is awesome. they pull of some crazy shit on the guitar.

I agree. Though I think the drums on The War Within are better. If you could take the drums from that album and put them on The Art of Balance that would be pretty sweet.

TheSlayer
11-08-2005, 10:26 AM
I went to ToC in Melbourne basically for KSE, but i also like Rise Against so i went for them aswell. They are awesome live and that was with one of the guitarists missing (i think i said that earlier).

Rise against are very good; definetly my favourite punk band. I can't wait for those two bands this saturday! Unfortunatly i have to stand through 'The Used' and some absolute shit support bands called 'Bleed the dream', and 'My american heart'. Just too much emo there people! I hope they get bottled:evil:

Metal_head45
11-10-2005, 05:39 AM
Rise against are very good; definetly my favourite punk band. I can't wait for those two bands this saturday! Unfortunatly i have to stand through 'The Used' and some absolute shit support bands called 'Bleed the dream', and 'My american heart'. Just too much emo there people! I hope they get bottled:evil:

HA sucks to be you. Yeah i had The Used aswell which was unbelievabley horrible and i also had Funeral For A Friend and Story of the Year, they aren't that bad, they have a few songs that i like be each. They both put on very good live shows, especially SotY so they were bareable.

Epicurus
11-10-2005, 05:59 AM
Shadows fall are one of those bands that I listen to probably once every 2 months. There good but nothing special imo. KSE are the same but not as good either.

KittensInMicrowaves
11-10-2005, 10:01 AM
Shadows fall are one of those bands that I listen to probably once every 2 months. There good but nothing special imo. KSE are the same but not as good either.

KsE needs to make a new album, they're really taking their sweet time, I heard they won't even start recording until after next summer

Shred Danson
11-10-2005, 10:03 AM
KsE needs to make a new album

Or not make one at all.

KittensInMicrowaves
11-10-2005, 01:17 PM
Or not make one at all.

well I enjoy their music so I'm hoping they do....

:p

Katana
11-10-2005, 02:00 PM

When the original ToC was going around, I did that. The other bands made my soul hurt.

Turkish
11-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Killswitch Engage is a pretty good band, although I prefer Alive or Just Breathing to The End of Heartache.

Mambuto_O'Mally
11-10-2005, 04:14 PM
^^^
Yeah I bought TEOH and I loved that album, but then I listened to AOJB and man, TEOH is not NEARLY as good. I really like Jesse Leach's vocals alot more. That being said, Howard Jones is still a great vocalist.

Metal_head45
11-11-2005, 04:09 AM
^^^
Yeah I bought TEOH and I loved that album, but then I listened to AOJB and man, TEOH is not NEARLY as good. I really like Jesse Leach's vocals alot more. That being said, Howard Jones is still a great vocalist.

Both are good in their own right. I feel Howard has a better clean voice then Jesse but his vocals aren't as good as Jesse's like you say.

Arise II
11-11-2005, 08:13 AM
Shadows Fall = Yaaay!
KsE = Naaeeh!

Steve DeBerg
11-11-2005, 08:50 AM
KsE needs to make a new album, they're really taking their sweet time, I heard they won't even start recording until after next summer

Adam D. is hurt and will miss the rest of this years tour. That may have something to do with the delay.

TheSlayer
11-11-2005, 11:29 AM
HA sucks to be you. Yeah i had The Used aswell which was unbelievabley horrible and i also had Funeral For A Friend and Story of the Year, they aren't that bad, they have a few songs that i like be each. They both put on very good live shows, especially SotY so they were bareable.

Story of the year have some good heavyish songs which wil make a good pit. Funeral are actually a good band (emo, yes but the riffs are good) becaues they don't have all that pussy hair do's 'n' everything.

TheSlayer
11-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Adam D. is hurt and will miss the rest of this years tour. That may have something to do with the delay.

So does this mean they'll only have 1 guitarist?

Metal_head45
11-12-2005, 07:00 AM
So does this mean they'll only have 1 guitarist?

Yeah, they only had one in Melbourne. Howard said when they were playing that he was having an operation that night, and that was October 26. They were still awesome with one guitarist.