PDA

View Full Version : My New Set Is Slowly SLipping Away, HELP!

White
10-28-2005, 05:39 PM
ya, well I was "supposed" to put my New Mapex M Birch Fusion set on Layaway today and get it out by christmas. But now my Mom won't let me get it until I have all the money, 904$ and by the time I have this money, it will be after the deal ends (the 6 drums for the price of 5 deal). So what do I do to talk my mom out of it, and I can't get a job, I have a broken leg right now, please Help!

Byron
10-28-2005, 05:45 PM
here dude, give your credit card info and I'll lend you the money okay?

jk
Just tell your mom your very passionate about it and there will always be 6 for 5 deals somewhere. Guitar Center has a different sale every weekend and holiday

White
10-28-2005, 05:48 PM
here dude, give your credit card info and I'll lend you the money okay?

jk
Just tell your mom your very passionate about it and there will always be 6 for 5 deals somewhere. Guitar Center has a different sale every weekend and holiday

there isn't a guitar center within 100 miles of me lol, but I ahve my heart set on this kit, I have my B-day coming up in a week, and my cast comes off in 1 and 1/2 weeks, but finding a job will take months, Ill try that but im gonna need somtihng to convince my mom here lol

lalalockstep
10-28-2005, 06:52 PM
i say, either 1. u steal money, 2. beat ur mom till she gives the money, or 3. lend it from her

White
10-28-2005, 06:58 PM
i say, either 1. u steal money, 2. beat ur mom till she gives the money, or 3. lend it from her

1 and 2 are the only reasonable things I can do, 3, what the hell were you thinking? haha, Im gonna try to see if she will lend me the money for a B-day present

DruMMeR_BoY14
10-28-2005, 07:10 PM
Tell her that its an invest in your future, that you won't need another kit for many years and that when you do you'll be bale to buy it yourself.

parents who don't support their kids should be kicked in the mouth.

chickensandwiches
10-28-2005, 07:16 PM
thats hella funny....kicked in the mouth
id beg and beg and beg until shes gives up and lends you some greenbacks

gastery6
10-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Tell her that you will pay her back in the future

White
10-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Tell her that its an invest in your future, that you won't need another kit for many years and that when you do you'll be bale to buy it yourself.

lol good point, Ill try it lol, and I should also throw in "If you lend me the money I promis to get a job" and it should work lol.

Starship
10-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Tell her that when you are rich because of your natural talent that she's not going to see a dime unless she helps out!

Chippy569
10-28-2005, 10:18 PM
do some chores around the house, cook her breakfast, watch the siblings for a night maybe. suck up or suck it up, i say.

poppinfresh
10-28-2005, 10:32 PM
ok whine whine and whine, you WILL get it. My firend has the nicest cymbals drums and dw 9000 hardware because of this.

Mow the lawn or soemthing how far off are you?

The Fiction We Live
10-28-2005, 10:44 PM
there isn't a guitar center within 100 miles of me lol, but I ahve my heart set on this kit, I have my B-day coming up in a week, and my cast comes off in 1 and 1/2 weeks, but finding a job will take months, Ill try that but im gonna need somtihng to convince my mom here lol

Bingo.

zfzgg
10-28-2005, 11:01 PM
Mow the lawn or soemthing

he has a broken leg lol

poppinfresh
10-28-2005, 11:18 PM
are you serious, you ****in pansy, mow with your teeth, your mom will instantly feel sorry for you and stuff your pockets with money.

chickensandwiches
10-28-2005, 11:23 PM
LMFAO nice do whatever it takes lol

Brokensticks
10-29-2005, 12:05 AM
While she sleeping poor cold water on her face and threaten to do it every night untill she lets you get it :)

Panopticon
10-29-2005, 07:26 AM
get it off massmusic...they always give free toms with drumsets

Drum Phil
10-29-2005, 07:29 AM
Mapex are doing the extra tom deal and its only through 2005 that they're doing it. So just grovel :)

breakster
10-29-2005, 07:35 AM
there isn't a guitar center within 100 miles of me lol

lol, there isnt a guitar center on my continent.

bobby__johnny
10-29-2005, 07:37 AM
if you lay it away on the deal, it should be enough to keep it.

Byron
10-29-2005, 09:00 AM
or just tell the store your problem, they will probably understand and feel sorry about your leg and cut you a break

stevoibanez
10-29-2005, 09:15 AM
Couldnt have put it better myself

meizmatt
10-29-2005, 09:31 AM
or just tell the store your problem, they will probably understand and feel sorry about your leg and cut you a break

if its a corperation there is a very slim chance that will work...slim to none
if its a local shop they may be more likely to give you a break

DxRocker
10-29-2005, 11:13 AM

Not buying a kid a 900$ drumset hardly counts as "not supporting them"...
Not buying them food or providing a good education, now that is something else...

I say, if you can't have it, then live with it and just buy the 5 drums when you have the money. If your mother is paying for it, then the 6 for 5 deal won't benefit you anyway, since it is not you who is digging in your wallet.

And even if it is you who "pays" for it, you don't have a job, so it's your mother's money anyway in the end. :D

breakster
10-29-2005, 11:21 AM
Not buying them food or providing a good education, now that is something else...

I say, if you can't have it, then live with it and just buy the 5 drums when you have the money. If your mother is paying for it, then the 6 for 5 deal won't benefit you anyway, since it is not you who is digging in your wallet.

And even if it is you who "pays" for it, you don't have a job, so it's your mother's money anyway in the end. :D

well said and i agree. my parents didnt even buy me my first $200 dollar kit, and because of their lack of support im still playing it after 7 years - though i am saving up for my $4000 beast :)

White
10-29-2005, 11:40 AM

True but it wouldnt be there money, I have lawns all ovver my nieghborhood that I mow lol,(until now haha) and i turn fifteen in a week so I have to start looking fo a job anyways

metallas
10-29-2005, 01:20 PM
The best You can do.Cry.Yes.Cry.It is so #(#%0)+_=$*#* but it always make mothers say ok,but you must eat all your food(for babys) do your homework,help me with the housework,do't fight with your brother-sister ........! While explaining to her that this is the only thing that you want start crying

RushHourSoul
10-29-2005, 05:39 PM
Just explain that it will cost more because you 'need', thats right need 6 drums and not 5, so if you wait till the deals over it will cost more.

AtomShip
10-29-2005, 05:43 PM

I hope you get banned for being an idiot.