PDA

View Full Version : check us out.

fatcow2000
10-28-2005, 08:18 AM
hey, this is my band, the panix. we're going to release a cd for the new year possibly. chec kout our myspace and tell us what you think of our songs...

www.myspace.com/panixmusic

sry guys, lol

thanks.
-stevepanix-

billdrum
10-28-2005, 08:42 AM
uhhh, link?

PMSKnives
10-28-2005, 08:43 AM
HELLLOO...Duhhhhhhhhhhh

Mark

fatcow2000
10-28-2005, 08:44 AM
www.myspace.com/panixmusic

sry guys, lol

I'd Hit it
10-28-2005, 08:59 AM
better watch out, pennywise has a song called **** authority, might wanna avoid any legal issues lol

besides that well uh...everything is fine for the type of music it is I guess, it's got a really oldschool grungy punk sound to it, what with the songs lasting 30 seconds and all. cool

valdiorn
10-28-2005, 09:02 AM
It's OK music, not really my cup o' tea though....

The vocals are... well... BAD :p , the drumming is actually pretty good, but you guys don't really seem to be playing in sync... especially the vocals are not in sync, it just sounds like retarded guy shouting on random occasions :D.....
"Way of life" was the best song of them, it's kinda good, but again, the vocals need some serious working on.

The Ska Man
10-28-2005, 10:26 AM
I like it. Vocals aren't bad. Could be better, though. The drumming isn't really my style.

fatcow2000
10-28-2005, 11:04 AM
thx guys, in december ill update and repost, its a work in progress... we're going to add some double bass and more technical stuff. and the vocals were kinda of rushed... this was all done in a day.

thankz,steve.

Canadian_Drummer
10-28-2005, 12:30 PM
hehehe the virus, casualties, and the unseen its all the same you need to get a little more creative

RushHourSoul
10-28-2005, 12:35 PM
What the fuck was that?!

the end of **** authority :lol: hard men

Ignore my post, I don't like punk :) You guys where pretty tight though.

Way of Life has a cool guitar riff in the intro, have to admit.

GooseFilms.net
10-28-2005, 01:10 PM
Are you guys a joke band or something? Like musical satire? Because, I mean, that stuff sucked.

Hammerheart
10-28-2005, 02:48 PM
Are you guys a joke band or something? Like musical satire? Because, I mean, that stuff sucked.

the impaled northern moonforest of whatever that was..:rolleyes:

The Ska Man
10-28-2005, 02:53 PM

See thats an opinion. I have opinions. Like that most forms of "Extreme Metal(Death, Black, that sort of junk)" are jokes, to me. Especially the drumming. Almost as boring as stereotypical punk drumming.

Hammerheart
10-28-2005, 03:03 PM
See thats an opinion. I have opinions. Like that most forms of "Extreme Metal(Death, Black, that sort of junk)" are jokes, to me. Especially the drumming. Almost as boring as stereotypical punk drumming.

Don't get so angry.;)

fatcow2000
10-28-2005, 03:37 PM
god some of you dudes are harsh.

constructive criticism please. maybe i shud of titled it "check out my PUNK band"... heh.

Canadian_Drummer
10-28-2005, 03:51 PM
you sound like an east coast punk tribute band, im just saying be more creative than that

FockerTheLopper
10-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Well I'm pissed because you made me turn off Achilles last stand by zeppelin for that. I'm strickly anti punk after being in a punk band, but yeah your accually pretty good, really clean in your fills but you need to work with a metronome I'd say you were about a 16th note off on upbeats of the second song

Byron
10-28-2005, 05:23 PM
Well I'm pissed because you made me turn off Achilles last stand by zeppelin for that. I'm strickly anti punk after being in a punk band, but yeah your accually pretty good, really clean in your fills but you need to work with a metronome I'd say you were about a 16th note off on upbeats of the second song
Yeah man, I turned off Watermelon Man (herbie hancock) for that, and it sucked, your not bad, just your band, lol

GooseFilms.net
10-28-2005, 05:28 PM
No, no, no. That one isn't an opinion, this stuff sucks. I used to listen exclusively to punk, some NOFX, DK, pennywise, propogandhi, and I know that punk music doesn't have to be loose as an 80 year old hooker. Things that should be in any music, regardless of genre, timing, feel, musicality, dynamic, clarity, were all missing in action. Punk isn't an excuse for making bad music.

The Ska Man
10-28-2005, 05:46 PM
No, no, no. That one isn't an opinion, this stuff sucks. I used to listen exclusively to punk, some NOFX, DK, pennywise, propogandhi, and I know that punk music doesn't have to be loose as an 80 year old hooker. Things that should be in any music, regardless of genre, timing, feel, musicality, dynamic, clarity, were all missing in action. Punk isn't an excuse for making bad music.

Its not bad music, its street punk.....Then again, it is street punk.

AtomShip
10-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Just have to say, threadstater your so hardcore :thumb: (sarcasm)

Also your lat names panix? I highly doubt it you crazy kid.

-TheGlassPrison-
10-28-2005, 06:23 PM
FUCCCKKKK
not this again.

Im sick of hearing people complaining about how bad the vocals sound, or how it sucked, or how its not in time.

"HOW THE HELL CAN YOU LISTEN TO SCREAMO.. like u cant even understand what they are sayin"

Who cares, dont listen to it.

anyways///

innerlo2
10-28-2005, 09:01 PM
I would like to quote a friend who is currently serving in Iraq.

"Being punk is not an excuse to suck"

You can take that anyway you want, I'm actually reminded of VERY early Beastie Boys stuff here. If you guys got together timing wise it would be pretty good stuff. Overall, good shot at old school new york punk.:thumb:

RichHunt
10-28-2005, 09:15 PM
Haha.. pure punk.. awesome..

I don't think anything is as fun as this kind of music, while I couldn't listen to it for hours straight it's always good for a quick mosh or skank around a pit.

It's pretty rough.. well.. everywhere.. but that's kinda how it is with music like this..

RichHunt
10-28-2005, 09:16 PM
I'm actually reminded of VERY early Beastie Boys stuff here. If you guys got together timing wise it would be pretty good stuff. Overall, good shot at old school new york punk.:thumb:

I was thinking the exact same thing.

btw. Your guitarist has a MAD fro. And the little guitar solo thing in So Called Future was pretty sweet.

yourstruly
10-28-2005, 09:21 PM
Am I the only one who gets this when I click the link?

Not Found

The requested URL /forums/www.myspace.com/panixmusic was not found on this server.

The Ska Man
10-28-2005, 09:29 PM
Take out the forums part.

fatcow2000
10-28-2005, 10:04 PM
lol thanks guys, i take the "punk isnt an excuse for sucking" as "record that **** over with a metronome, bitch", and we shall do.

ill get my name changed to panix as soon as i see some income from this. until then, its unofficial, sorry...

i like the people who gave us creative criticism, and the dude who mentioned the being offtime a 16th note. when we record again in december (full length), we're using a metronome, and we will have longer songs.

thanks guys for the approval, and i promise that **** will be spot on come december.

billdrum
10-28-2005, 10:22 PM
A couple of things:

Kudos to you Steve, for putting yourself out there for people to hear and for taking the criticism without getting defensive or angry. That tells me that you're secure in who you are and what you're doing.

I am not a fan of this kind of music at all, so I can't really make any great value judgements. I do think that any kind of music should be tight and well rehearsed, and felt that your band lacked that. I think in going for speed and attitude, you've sacrificed tightness and musicality. I don't see any reason why you can't have both. Just take it seriously and be more aware of it. Get control of your tempos and work together to make everything tighter. Good luck!

Brokensticks
10-29-2005, 12:34 AM
I didn't take the time to listen to it but I will when you get your audio up after December :thumb:

yourstruly
10-29-2005, 03:56 AM
I'd buy your album, hopefully by the time that happened i'd actually
be able to make out what the singer is saying.

fatcow2000
10-29-2005, 09:17 PM
lol, drummer54, that was a really good post.

yours truly, id buy your album too. but thanks, and by that time you will be able to hear what he's saying, trust me...

thanks guys. we just got booked for a show with AAA (against all athority), im pretty stoked.

Aaron
10-30-2005, 05:39 AM
punks not dead, its right here baby. hahah.. good work for having a go. not my cup of tea either, but nice work nonetheless

trysthedrummer
10-30-2005, 07:35 AM
:) ..Not my cuppa tea either, but it's a working progress so show us ure new stuff this december.

Obelisk
10-30-2005, 07:41 AM
Good start. Keep working. Don't think about money.