PDA

View Full Version : Why?

metallas
10-28-2005, 07:33 AM
with my new band i canot play as fast and musically as i could with my previous.my previous band was not aparted from god guitarists but i could play everything in that came to my mind.but now I cannot do nothing.I play just like a newby.My hands are in a very good shape.I cannot understand what's going on

Aaron
10-28-2005, 07:44 AM
neither can i because you've confused me.. so what your saying is that you've not changed anything except that your in a different band and your not playing as good as you were previously? sounds like band dynamics to me. your probably playing the same but dont feel as comfertable while you get used to your new band mates. don't worry, you'll gel.

metallas
10-28-2005, 07:52 AM
i hope i do.when i play without bandmates i can play so many things.whatever pattern comes to my mind (ok not everything but good stuff)
When i have to mix my music with other musicians i play like the that ask me ''how can you play so fast and musically''

Chris
10-28-2005, 08:01 AM
The problem may not be you. I have found with the band im in that what we play restricks me alot.

metallas
10-29-2005, 12:54 PM
I am gonna take my kit in the appartment i live.Practising for a week or two will make my playing as it was before.The reason I found it hard to get used to the music the band played, is that the previous drummer played the same groove in all the songs of the band and i didn't know what to do to give each song a unique drum character,not something too difficult but something nice that mixes well with the music.I thought that joining this band would be the great oportiunity for me but it wasn't.

poppinfresh
10-29-2005, 01:05 PM
have them record the songs, take it home, listen to, and see what patterns come to your head and what fills, thats what i do and it really helps.

metallas
10-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Yes but the guitarist said to me that i have to be ready for a gig it 3 months.It's a big period,But I have a lot to do for school.I want to pass the exams (the mark must be 18.5+) and get in the university.so it's not that a big period to get used to a band, re-drum 9 songs and learn how to play other 20 songs of other bands.

poppinfresh
10-29-2005, 01:16 PM
yeah defienetly make school your priority, its way mroe important than being in a band, its your future, and once oyu move to university you wont see the band again.

KWG
10-29-2005, 01:54 PM
I find that when jamming with one guy i can play anything and its like we are in eachothers heads and this other group i play with i can't do anything...theres no connection.

Brokensticks
10-29-2005, 04:47 PM
yeah defienetly make school your priority, its way mroe important than being in a band, its your future, and once oyu move to university you wont see the band again.
Maybe his band is the future.