PDA

View Full Version : 13" K/Z Dyno Beat vs. 14" A New Beat Hats

SalParadise429
10-27-2005, 10:16 PM
Ok, my next big purchase for my set will be a new set of hats. I have read many great things about both pairs, but I would like to get some opinions first hand...either the 13" K/Z Dyno Beat or the 14" A New Beat....Some time soon I'm going to head into the Drumpad to compare them myself, but until then any comments would be appreciated..

EDIT: I would want to use these hats for anything from instrumental/experimental music to jazz to ska..if that helps...

PuppyGooGoo
10-27-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm in the jazz band at my school, and we use the k/z hats, and I think they are great. Fits well with our k ride and k crash.

aznriceball
10-27-2005, 10:41 PM
im going to say quick beats simply becuz im afraid of change. why go away from something soo versatile?

Half Life
10-27-2005, 11:18 PM
It's good you're able to try them out yourself, that's the only way to do it. Otherwise, I myself personally own a set of the 13" K/Z's and they are phenomenal :thumb: After you play around on them for some time they mellow out quite a bit and just blend so well together. The New Beats basically have no negatives. Some of the best hats ever created, with a very well rounded and full sound. Either set would be an excellent choice so just pick whichever sounds best to YOU! :cool:

aznriceball
10-27-2005, 11:21 PM
EDIT: I would want to use these hats for anything from instrumental/experimental music to jazz to ska..if that helps...

and simply becuz of that edit i will stick to my response: new beats. but dont u live near the store? theres other ones u may not have heard about that may be your preferred sound

Double Bass Jim
10-27-2005, 11:34 PM
New beats IMO, their just SO versitile. The K/Z's are pretty good but that Z bottom... ehhh not as good as regular pair of K's.

Half Life
10-27-2005, 11:45 PM
^Pfft...whatever Jim. Don't let those K hats get to you TOO much...:rolleyes:

Double Bass Jim
10-27-2005, 11:49 PM
I got a pair of A rock hats too though :cool:

Seriously I wouldnt reccomend a Z paired with anything. It's almost blasphemous to pair a K cymbal with a nasty Z. Just get a heavy weight bottom like a bottom rock hat, or even a new beat bottom.

Kristian
10-27-2005, 11:58 PM
As I said in the other thread, I'm not a big fan of the K/Z Dyno Beats. There were something about the sound that I didn't like. But there's a lot of people who love these hats, therefore I think you will love them too, but I would go for the New Beats.

Seafroggys
10-28-2005, 12:13 AM
man, this debate is way too hard, can't really decide at all

Double Bass Jim
10-28-2005, 12:15 AM
man, this debate is way too hard, can't really decide at all
Hahah we know the right choice....

Seafroggys
10-28-2005, 12:24 AM
yeah i saw the "vs. 14" A N..." and I already made my decision ;)

playwithfire
10-28-2005, 12:33 AM
:lol: Seafroggys. I agree though, New Beats are definitely the way to go. If I hadn't of went with A Mastersounds, A New Beats would *definitely* have been the hats I went with. They are such a solid, versatile pairing. There's a reason why they are the industry standard.

Aaron
10-28-2005, 07:58 AM
New beats IMO, their just SO versitile. The K/Z's are pretty good but that Z bottom... ehhh not as good as regular pair of K's.

get the 13" K/Zs and buy a separate K bottom

Iskandar
10-28-2005, 08:15 AM
get the 13" K/Zs and buy a separate K bottom
Why not just get a pair of K hats in that case?

Aaron
10-28-2005, 08:47 AM
because you wouldn't have the Z bottom.. lol, thought that was obvious

Iskandar
10-28-2005, 10:44 AM
because you wouldn't have the Z bottom.. lol, thought that was obvious
Why would he want a Z bottom hat?
Instead of three cymbals, he could have a single pair of hihats which could be used for any application.

Therefore I vote New Beats.

Canadian_Drummer
10-28-2005, 01:23 PM
I play sabians and, i argree with the dropper, but i would **** what we sayed just try them yourself

SalParadise429
10-29-2005, 12:33 AM
Hey, thanks for all of the helpful responses. I was leaning more towards New Beats anyway because I have heard about how versatile they are. But, I still need to take my trip down to the Drumpad...

alvyn
10-29-2005, 01:24 AM
newbeats for sure... the 14" is amazing. have u tried other brands? sabian hh regular hats are not bad, as well as the hhx groove hats (tho the groove hats MAY not fit well with ska)

Plan B.
10-29-2005, 01:28 AM
Go K/Z's, muuuuuuch cooler.

bobby__johnny
10-29-2005, 11:48 AM

Seriously I wouldnt reccomend a Z paired with anything. It's almost blasphemous to pair a K cymbal with a nasty Z. Just get a heavy weight bottom like a bottom rock hat, or even a new beat bottom.

definatly...i thought i had mentioned a K/A pair would be way better at one time...

K medium top, and maybe a Master sound bottom of some sort. theres a great pairing

Double Bass Jim
10-29-2005, 12:55 PM
Check the 13" new beats too.

SalParadise429
10-29-2005, 01:37 PM

Yea, i have heard of things like that, mixing a new beat with a K i mean. I have even seen it where some one has a K top on bottom and a New Beat bottom on top...

Double Bass Jim
10-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Yea you can mix anything man!

bobby__johnny
10-29-2005, 05:22 PM
my ideal mix? HHXtreme Crash top, K Mastersound Bottom.....my my that would be an eargasm

Double Bass Jim
10-30-2005, 01:17 AM
Whoa that would be NICEE!

SalParadise429
10-30-2005, 01:19 AM
haha i can't believe i keep seeing this thread pop up, it's cool though :thumb:

Double Bass Jim
10-30-2005, 01:48 AM
Everyone loves hats :lol:

playwithfire
10-30-2005, 04:16 AM
It's true ;). I've been thinking some some different combos lately as well, but have other priorities :(. A Custom Projection top with an A Custom Mastersound bottom is something I would like to try though. The two cymbals are weighted the same, so you have an extra heavy chick sound, the mastersound ripple makes for a clean chick, the projection top makes for added cut. Not sure how overall responsive they would be considering they are the same weight, but I'm sure it wouldn't be bad, they are only mediums afterall, they'd have a hell of a gritty wash. I think this pair would get that nice A Custom sparkle into some slightly heavier settings... and if not, you could always get the regular A Mastersound bottom in brilliant so it matches and then have some real beef.

Tim
10-30-2005, 04:27 AM
zildjian combos i would like to try: anything with k's and new beats in them

sabian combos:

HHX groove hat bottom as top and HHX power hats bottom as bottom
HHX groove hat bottom as top and HH bright hats bottom as bottom
HH regular hats bottom as top and HH bright hats bottom as bottom
HHX groove hat top as top and AA sizzle hats bottom as bottom

thats what i really want to try.

DruMMeR_BoY14
10-30-2005, 04:52 AM
A new beats: most versitile argueably out there. Whatever genre your playing they will fit, maybe not as well as a pair of K hats in jazz of some A Custom Mastersounds in Metal but in both situations they'll work.

playwithfire
10-30-2005, 05:20 AM
^:lol:... A New Beats fit in metal WAY better than A Custom Mastersounds on average. New Beats are beefier, heavier, and just have a better wash. A Custom Mastersounds are Thin over Medium, instead of Medium over Heavy. Regular A Mastersounds fit metal a lot better imo. New Beats also have a sharper cut than A Custom Mastersounds, the A Customs are more shimmery and "pop" sounding imo.

Double Bass Jim
10-30-2005, 05:22 AM
Great description ^ Nailed it.

Aaron
10-30-2005, 06:17 AM
combo i'd like to try.. 14" K Dark Crash over UFiP Rude bottom