PDA

View Full Version : Lamb of God

asmodeusisgod
10-27-2005, 11:35 AM
okay, i saw these guys live for my first time at sounds of the underground with bands like opeth, strapping young lad, and chimaira. i have to say i really think that their sound is the future of heavy metal. What do you guys think?

i am the robots
10-27-2005, 11:37 AM
Wow. Lamb of God is the sound of the future for heav metal? they play Thrash/Death Metal/Post Hardcore mixed, genres that have been around for like 13 years now.

PepsiMetal
10-27-2005, 12:43 PM
Yea I hope they aren't the future of metal. Thrash has been around for more than 20 years now I think.

Maybe they are future of nu-metal cause nu-metal bands tend to mix stuff up.

elbassio
10-27-2005, 02:09 PM
Hopefully the future will involve something other than playing minor scale riffs at fast speeds. Though Lamb Of God are by far my favourite in this type of music, mainly because their drummer is pretty good compared to others that play this kind of thrash/nu metal thing.

i am the robots
10-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Lamb of God is amazing, I was never dissing them, I'm just saying they definately aren't the future of Metal.

elbassio
10-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Lamb of God are great, I love listening to them every so often, I saw them live once at a really small venue with As I Lay Dying and Throwdown, was awesome, I'd definatly go and catch them again sometime. I'm seeing Strapping Young Lad with Arch Enemy in December, can't wait for that! :D

Strapping Young Lad are supporting Arch Enemy?

elbassio
10-27-2005, 02:16 PM
I just looked at www.hevydevy.com , Devin Townsends site. F*ckin Sweet!!!

KittensInMicrowaves
10-27-2005, 02:18 PM
Lamb of God is amazing, I was never dissing them, I'm just saying they definately aren't the future of Metal.

Well, they're just about at the top of American metal right now, and I would expect them to stay there for some time... so they are the immediate future of metal... I don't know about long term

KittensInMicrowaves
10-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Mainstream metal sure...they are not at the top, at least not musically. There are bands that blow them away out there, I think they rock though.

They only broke through to mainstream because they are so incredibly good, they didn't compromise their sound at all with AOTW. Its actually much less melodic than their prior two efforts... name these bands that blow them away

elbassio
10-27-2005, 03:30 PM
Dreamtheatre. Buried Inside. Opeth. Burst. Bands that write songs aswell as show off their ability.

KittensInMicrowaves
10-27-2005, 03:36 PM
Dreamtheatre. Buried Inside. Opeth. Burst. Bands that write songs aswell as show off their ability.

I can't stand Opeth or Dreamtheater... talented musicians, but annoying to my ears, haven't heard the other acts, if they sound like the other two, I don't want to

Sleeper
10-27-2005, 04:08 PM
I like Lamb Of God to a extent, there music gets pretty old after awhile.

MRDuCran
10-27-2005, 04:22 PM
I love Lamb of God. I was going to go and see them for the 2nd times in December but I have some fukkin college performance on the same day, MAN I'M PISSED OFF.

First time I saw was great though, front row for the whole thing.

stevo_13
10-27-2005, 04:28 PM
I saw them at Sounds of the Underground too. I think they are a very good band but I don't think they are the future of metal. They are talented but they aren't the most creative metal band now adays. Bands like Opeth aren't as talented as Lamb of God but their songwriting skills are very good and I think they are much more creative and different.

Panvium
10-27-2005, 04:29 PM
Lamb of God is great, going to see them november 27th. Will be my first major band concert, ive only been to local band shows so far.

KittensInMicrowaves
10-27-2005, 04:37 PM
I like Lamb Of God to a extent, there music gets pretty old after awhile.

I agree, as much as I love them, its tough to listen to more than 5 or 6 of their songs at a time

Freezing Moon
10-27-2005, 04:58 PM
Lamb of God is not thrash or death metal.

Riva
10-27-2005, 05:50 PM
Let's not have another flame-fest, boys.