PDA

View Full Version : warm ups/ exercises and anything else plz

geeksrule
10-27-2005, 09:30 AM
hey im doing this project at school too build an exercise program designed for something specific..im wanting to do mine over drummin of corse..

anyhow i was wanting to know any types of streahs, warmups, exercises, how to build specific muscles needed for drummin etc... anything would be great.

ty
josh

Carn
10-27-2005, 02:37 PM
well, I usually start with rudiments around the kit.

dedworx
10-27-2005, 08:57 PM
yeah,rudiments are good for warm ups. orchestrating them between different drums or between hands and feet and alot of guys use really simple things as there warm ups to great effect- just rolls around the kit,flams,doubles ect and maybe some feet stuff.
for doubles to build your fingers you can do a really slow double stroke with first being a normal stroke and the second being an exagerated accent where you let the stick move the full extent that your thumb and index finger will allow then snap it back to the drum with your fingers. and alternate slowly so r R l L ect. from there the action becomes smaller as the speed increases but the accents remain and from there with your fingers built up, doubles can be played evenly with control. handy thing my teacher taught me.
dennis chambers used a pillow to build up his singles because the pillow has no rebound so instead of just playing the down stroke and letting it bounce of the drum head,you have to do the up stroke too building up your wrists and fingers for greater power,control and speed,starting slow and precise and gradually moving faster.

aznriceball
10-27-2005, 09:00 PM
plagurize stick control :lol: jk

FockerTheLopper
10-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Rudiments, but looks like they beat my too it. Incorperate dynamics in them too