PDA

View Full Version : Bass Kick Insulation

jelic173
10-27-2005, 01:52 AM
Can someone please tell me whats the best method for filling your kick, its driving me nuts. Ive always layered it bottom to top (obviously not all the way though, like half a foot or so from the bottom). But apparently your supposed to put it directly against the back of the batter skin. Any suggetions I need help. Im looking for that sweet quick, thick, punch sound. Thanks.

Tim
10-27-2005, 01:55 AM
put a pillow up against the batter side but have it touching the reso side too. dont cover the batter too much though. plastic beaters help it punch too

Jezen
10-27-2005, 04:40 AM
This is not an advanced topic, so please don't put it in the advanced forum. Putting a question in this forum does NOT mean you will get help only from advanced users. We do go to the BEGINNER questions section aswell.

Start with a small pillow lying across the bottom of the shell, gently touching both heads.
Eventually you will begin to realise that drums should sing and project, and you will then start using a rolled up hand-towel taped to your resonant head.

Damo
10-27-2005, 06:31 PM
Can someone please tell me whats the best method for filling your kick

Dont fill it with anything - Just put a decent kick drum head on there and MAYBE a small towel, touching both heads.

Theres no point buying a 22" kick drum if 17" of it is filled with cotton wool.

Retarded Chipple
10-27-2005, 06:43 PM
Remo falam pads give a nice punch sound when used in conjunction with good tuning and appropiate sized pillows/blankets but you knew that already!!