PDA

View Full Version : R&Mer of the month (October) Nomination Thread

Permanent Solution
10-26-2005, 05:55 PM
Thanks Jom for making me realize how late in the month it was :)

1. Number of nominations does not matter (everyone advances), but, each nomination requires a short paragraph to be valid. If you can't back up your choice with 3-4 short sentences, you should reconsider how much you think they deserve this award. Don't nominate yourself.

2. N00b nominees must have a join date of August 05, or more recent. This contest might not occur if there are no good n00bs. As usual :-\

3. Remember, no previous winners may repeat that feat, pending a review of that rule after the competition has been going a year.

Previous winners:
Bartender (February)
HeavyRiva (March)
Med57 (April)
munky_magik (May)
Steerpike (June)
BoboTheRagingHobo/YDload(July)
SonorKen (August)
Stoic (September)

NRMOTM:
ArrestThisMan (February)
pigonthewing82 (March)
letmypeopleho (April)
TheDMV (May)
Taste_My_Scythe (June)
Follow the Reaper (July)

4. I'm closing this in about 2 days, so get your nominations in early. I'll be editing the first post with accepted nominations, but if you want to write a blurb for someone already nominated, go for it. This is all about user appreciation.

5. This thread is for nominations or questions only please.

Accepted RMOTM nominees:
Superpeer
Spat Out Plath
Neurotoxin
zeppelinfan2k3
blueyxd
RumBoy
Lord Abortion
Arucard
ShadowsFallen
Det_Nosnip
I Am Vikingcore
the2stranger
G_Mac07
Chu
Freezing Moon
Butcher
ArC
Wish
Lunch
Kingofdudes
Joe
Apocalypitic Raids
RCA
Rice Monster
SilentScream7
The Flabbit Rides High
Jondur
Legions of Marduk
ninjamonkey
Shattered_Future

Accepted NRMOTM nominees:
XxUnholy ConfessionsXx
Elnimio

Jom
10-26-2005, 06:03 PM
I'll second Superpeer and Spat Out Plath, and will also extend nominations to Neurotoxin for continuing to run his Daily Upload mailing. I'll edit more when I think of it, but I should be working on a lab report right now :o

PS: no problem re: the reminder, I just wanted to double-check if you told me it was my responsibility this month and you didn't remind me, or what :)

I'm glad we're on the same page, heh.

MBS
10-26-2005, 06:17 PM
Zeppelinfan2k3, for running this thing every month. Except that one month. I think. Bah, whatever, Vince is a cool guy anyway and helps out loads. Always contributing discussion, and occasionally writing the good thread (The Dredg thread took forever), Vince is the Rock and Metaler of the Month.

/anthem

/cheesy

Permanent Solution
10-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Zeppelinfan2k3, for running this thing every month. Except that one month. I think. Bah, whatever, Vince is a cool guy anyway and helps out loads. Always contributing discussion, and occasionally writing the good thread (The Dredg thread took forever), Vince is the Rock and Metaler of the Month.

Eh, Jom ran it for 2 or 3 months hehe, but thanks. :)

I know Dredg took forever :-[ 30 Seconds to Mars is on my extensive to do list. I've been working more in Pop-Punk lately (unfortunately?).

All noms added and accepted. Might I add the new edit function is way easier to do stuff like this? It's fantastic.

MBS
10-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Eh, Jom ran it for 2 or 3 months hehe, but thanks. :)

I know Dredg took forever :-[ 30 Seconds to Mars is on my extensive to do list. I've been working more in Pop-Punk lately (unfortunately?).

All noms added and accepted. Might I add the new edit function is way easier to do stuff like this? It's fantastic.

I know, in "Songs that Everyone in R&M Loves", it was so easy to update my list the first couple of times.

Also, it refreshes for you, I think.

Arucard
10-26-2005, 06:28 PM
NRMOTM : XxUnholy ConfessionsXx

Reason : Managed to find the Avenged Sevenfold thread even though it wasn't on the first page without making a ridiculous A7X ROCKS LOL thread. Puts some good input into the thread, and provided us with some cool pictures.

Shattered_Future
10-26-2005, 07:29 PM
I'll nominate Jom. He did a phenomonal job of running the September (and is doing good so far with the October) Metal Competition, and is generally a good all around poster. Very insightful person as well.

Second nomination: RumBoy. He consistantly continues to impress in the Nightwish thread, and has very insightful thoughts. A great poster, and a hell of a nice guy to boot.

Shadows
10-26-2005, 07:32 PM
I'll nominate Lord Abortion. He's all over the place contributing to threads, I think he's a great poster. Always adding something without acting ignorant or flaming. His 10,000 post pit party is bound to kill as well.

Also, Arucard deserves it. This guy's another great poster who often goes overlooked. His stories are more then enjoyable, and his knowledge of music is commendable.

Plus, he looks great in a tie.

Permanent Solution
10-26-2005, 07:33 PM
I'll nominate Jom. He did a phenomonal job of running the September (and is doing good so far with the October) Metal Competition, and is generally a good all around poster. Very insightful person as well.

Unfortunately Jom has declined all nominations in this contest ever. Other nom accepted though.

Jom
10-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Fortunately Jom has declined all nominations in this contest ever.

Fix'd :cool:

Cain
10-26-2005, 08:00 PM
Fix'd :cool:

Lame.

I agree with pretty much everyone here by this point, although in addition to these guys I would strongly recommend Det Nosnip and especially Spat Out Plath, since they are cross-forum posters yet always manage to stay interesting and are unusually amicable and easy-going for a typical MX vet.

Arucard
10-26-2005, 08:05 PM
I'll nominate Lord Abortion. He's all over the place contributing to threads, I think he's a great poster. Always adding something without acting ignorant or flaming. His 10,000 post pit party is bound to kill as well.

Also, Arucard deserves it. This guy's another great poster who often goes overlooked. His stories are more then enjoyable, and his knowledge of music is commendable.

Plus, he looks great in a tie.

:cool:

I'm only voting noob this month, everyone will get shortlisted anyway i guess. But because he deserves it :

ShadowsFallen : Hes always there when you want some good Melodic Death. Believe me. And hes also not scared to admit that he likes CoF, which is a good thing too. Contributes well in a series of threads.

Jom
10-27-2005, 06:26 AM
Come on, come on, bump, bump bump... that's the sound of mah fiddies when they sittin' in my trunk - say bump, bump bump...

On The Edge
10-27-2005, 06:37 AM
RMOTM: Spat out Plath, Jon, Det_Nosnip

i am the robots
10-27-2005, 07:14 AM
RMOTM: I Am Vikingcore

He is like the son of God and stuff.

On a more serious note:

Lord Abortion
Arucard
Det_Nosnip

Shred Danson
10-27-2005, 07:22 AM
RMOTM: I Am Vikingcore

just for shits and giggles. Seriously, his contributions (?) to certain threads (death heads, opeth, etc) make him a worthy nominee...

Not really, i just needed a reason :p

Fix'd

Puss. :mad:

More nominations:

Lord Abortion
Cain
Superpeer

Stoic
10-27-2005, 07:52 AM
I wont mention people who have already been nominated.

Im pretty sure I've left some people out...I will hopefully come back and edit the list unless I forget it again...

the2stranger- teh peteybot! A sweet and kind poster, who - unlike me - doesnt whore too much and stays away from long disagreements. He has a sick love about his precious avant garde and used to post a weekly FA. He's recently gotten a girlfr.../shuts up

G_Mac07 - A quiet, low profile and somehow selective member, who avoids shameless posting and is there whenever he's needed.

Chu - A guy who sleeps every two night and has horrible music taste - since he owns teh 'tallica thread - Thankfully, he's quite willing to improve it (\m/Origin \m/). Pretty good guy in overall :p

Freezing Moon - I've been pwned by the knowledge of this guy since he's already introduced me to two tech death bands! He's a real fighter, eager to defend his tr00ness with accurate points and without insulting the untr00 sinners. Try to be friend with him and rip him apart on soulseek (he gives me 40.3 k/s!)

Butcher - His user name gives the impression of a vey inaccessible guy :evil: However, behind his br00tal and morbid avatars you see a gentle and helpful poster :)

Elnimio - He's the man! He has a MAGNIFICENT (=close to mine) taste in music and his recommendations have kept my love for tech death ever more alive. Of course he's been banned and some people hate him because he's "too tr00" and "close minded"...nah, I wouldnt have discovered Gorod if it wasnt for him :p

Apocalyptic Raids
10-27-2005, 08:31 AM
Freezing Moon. For running his extreme metal mail, and always letting me leech extreme metal off him on Soulseek. He also helps me with uploading in my Thrash Metal Mailing List. Great guy to talk to off the forums too.

Superpeer. I'm very suprised he hasn't won yet, especially considering he's a mod. I don't think we need to elaborate on the work they do. He gave me some rep once, too. :-*

Neurotoxin. For his tireless work in his mailing list, I see he is allready n the first post so.. that all I have to say about that.

G_Mac07. ^^what Stoic said, and he is Australian :p

ArC. For reviving his mailing list and giving everyone free albums.:thumb:

dUSK
10-27-2005, 08:47 AM
Thanks guys. :)

Det_Nosnip
I've noticed this guy around quite a deal more than usual this past month. The reason for the nomination is just because he has been a generally good poster (ie Opeth, Nightwish thread etc), and he managed to create an 'Album of the Year' thread that didn't just inspire postcount++ posts.

Everyone else I can think of has already been nominated, so congrats guys.

Axe
10-27-2005, 08:49 AM
Spat Out Plath
Neurotoxin
zeppelinfan2k3
Lord Abortion
also wish.

Jred250
10-27-2005, 08:57 AM
I would like to Nominate ''Wish'' I havn't been on here too much lately but he has helped me out a fair few times over this month. I don't recall saying thank you either!! So thanks Wish. I really appreciate it.

Also Neurotoxin for the mailing list. Thanks man your doing a great job :D

Kingofdudes
10-27-2005, 09:09 AM
ArC for his mailing list. It has put me onto some great music.

shamed-angel
10-27-2005, 02:21 PM
Mine is definately Lord Abortion... but he's a bit of a fool for not seeing DT.

morrissey
10-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Zep, can I steal this for the Pit? Sorry this post isn't on topic but I don't feel justified in nominating people for here.

superpeer
10-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Zep, can I steal this for the Pit? Sorry this post isn't on topic but I don't feel justified in nominating people for here.

I'm pretty sure we stole this from Pop punk.

Umm let's see, people we always forget:

Lunch: Basically just a good poster in classic rock threads and a good member of the community.

Kingofdudes: Always helping out, an enjoyable part of the community

Joe: Helps out newbies instead of just bashing them, yay

Apocalyptic Raids: Good poster in Thrash, Black metal and Death heads thread. (:-*)

RCA: See above, he knows his stuff, what a nerd.

Rice monster: Sorry to be sounding unoriginal, but he's also a good poster in the community thread and the black metal thread.

Permanent Solution
10-27-2005, 02:57 PM
Let me know if I missed anyone. I think that's all the people who actually followed the rules with their noms.

GenuineImitation
10-27-2005, 04:55 PM
Neurotoxin

His Daily Upload thread has gotten me, and other members of our community into numerous amounts of bands.

Superpeer

He deserves this for all his hard work around R&M.

Dr. Jake Destructo
10-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Jom- He kicks butt at the internet.

subtle bump

Riva
10-27-2005, 07:56 PM
Stickied for one (1) day. It's my gift to you, Vince, for all the e-fondlings back in the day.

*memories*

Jondur
Legions of Marduk
ninjamonkey
Rum Boy

Moses
10-27-2005, 09:01 PM
Damn my computer dying on me or else I would have sent out tons of classical things and maybe got nommed.......... FUUUUUUUCCCCKKK!!!

I made it close to winning once but after that I got really busy and hadn't shown up for a while.

Hells Bells
10-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Det_Nosip: Contributed a lot of great, well-written threads this month, and a good poster, very informative and keeps discussions going well.

Neurotoxin: Even with YSI links off of mx, he still goes out of his way to introduce people to new music with his insane amounts of uploading, and pretty much started this mailing list trend.

Bazarov
10-27-2005, 10:10 PM
I nominate SilentScream7. I think his threads that talk about metal bands and poetry are very interesting. I never see him spam either.

Daven
10-27-2005, 10:18 PM
I also nominate SilentScream7. Poetry Speaks is one of my favorite series, because that way you can analyze better the way of writing of certain bands. I also have to say he is only 14 years old and even though some of their chapters havent got many replies he still continues doing them.

the2stranger
10-28-2005, 03:03 AM
Freezing Moon (mailing list + great and knowledegable poster)

Neurotoxin (teh mailinglist :thumb:)

dUSK
10-28-2005, 08:02 AM
The Flabbit Rides High

I forgot him in my first post, but the guy is pretty helpful around the place. He helps out as much as he can in the Request Music thread, he successfully runs a Radiohead Rarities mailing list, and generally makes well thought out and coherent posts.

superpeer
10-28-2005, 09:10 AM
Bump. <-<

PS: Jason, reed the rulez, plz

Jondur :The master of Doom metal, extremely knowledged in extreme metal. Yay.

Legions of Marduk: Very much proficient in the black metal area and extreme metal in general

Ninjamonkey: One of the best posters in the Death head thread, talented songwriter, etc.

Chu
10-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Joe:
Also a very good poster, again probably a selfish reason for nominating him, but I'm sure he affects more people then just me.
Is always there (Especially in the Metallica thread :cool: ) to help out people with guitar problems, offer advice on new ways, and generally just a nice guy.

dUSK
10-28-2005, 10:34 AM
Stoic:
Just a very helpful guy in general, he has given me many decent bands to check out, cheers Stoic. (I guess my reason for nominating Stoic is a bit selfish, but I'm sure Stoic helps out more people, I know for a fact he has influenced Slapping Penguin quite a bit, so maybe my nomination is valid).

Stoic won last month, so he isn't eligable for this competition anymore.

Chu
10-28-2005, 11:27 AM
oic. What a bastard aye.

Kronos
10-28-2005, 11:49 AM
Det Nosnip - a stalwart of my usual Nightwish hangout; he never spams or flames, always has a interesting contribution, knows what he's talking about, and never gets upset if you disagree with him (as long as you have a valid point) Also a very good poster on D&P as well. All round good-egg, I'm surprised he hasn't won it before.

Shattered_Future - another of the regulars on the NW thread (actually, it's his thread..) helps immensely to keep it ticking along, never posts crap, and always posts in good, well-spelt english. Very helpful guy as well, and I for one was amazed to find out that he's only 15; he has a much more mature way about him than a lot of older members IMO

Permanent Solution
10-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Ok, this is ya'lls one and only warning to double check that list and make sure it's correct and there are no doubles or anything. I'll be posting the next round in about 4 hours.