PDA

View Full Version : Bass Clarinet Repair

LTJ386
10-26-2005, 05:13 PM
I figure this is the best place to put questions about woodwinds. Currently, my bass clainet is in disarray. The three top keys have detached themselves from the rest of the instrument and before, when it actually was playing, the low notes were rattling. I have re-screwed the top keys in many times before, but they always seem to detach themselves at some point. So my question is, what's causing these problems, how much would it cost to get them repaired, and how long would it take?

metBANS
10-26-2005, 05:48 PM
I'd try the Cinncinatti Fluteworks, as they are among the top flute/woodwind repairers in the area. I'm sure it could be fixed in the time you are in the shop, unless they have massive amounts of work to do.

LTJ386
10-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Thanks, I'll definetly check that out.

EDIT: I looked at there website and it seems they only service flutes.

Goodman/Fountain=#1
10-27-2005, 07:02 PM
if it is just a screw loose or something theyll probably just strip the screw and it wont come out again, ive gotten mine fixed for that for free, and it took 3 minutes at most but that was only one screw....and idk whats wrong with the low notes what kind of rattle is it?

jake plays guitar
10-27-2005, 08:26 PM
were you taking care of your insturment correctly?

LTJ386
10-31-2005, 04:35 PM
if it is just a screw loose or something theyll probably just strip the screw and it wont come out again, ive gotten mine fixed for that for free, and it took 3 minutes at most but that was only one screw....and idk whats wrong with the low notes what kind of rattle is it?

They used to sound raspy, but not anymore. The E, D, and C keys are still coming off though, after re-tightining and re-tightining. I wonder if it might be the pins. They could be poping out to easily, causing it to come unscrewed.