PDA

View Full Version : Talking Heads.

insertusernamehere
10-26-2005, 03:05 PM
Any Talking heads fans? I've really been getting into them lately. I bought their Greatest Hits Cds, Once in a Lifetime. I really like The songs once in a life time, This must be the place, and Life During Wartime.

/discuss Talking heads.

Lord Abortion
10-26-2005, 03:08 PM
My Dad's a fan, I'll get back to you when I steal one of his CD's

lionelhutz88
10-26-2005, 03:11 PM
Talking Heads are a good band. My dad likes them a lot. Catchy songs.

Silentia
10-26-2005, 03:19 PM
I burned a CD for my father a year ago or so. Gave it a couple of listens then, but it was my nu-metal fase and stuff, so I didn't really like it. I should try it again I think.

repcak
10-26-2005, 03:22 PM
yeah, i saw their film.
their song Psycho Killer is a great song!!

Bartender
10-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Totally unbelievably good band. I only have five of their albums so far, though (sixth one should be on it's way, if Amazon will get themselves in gear).

I don't rate Remain in Light a 5/5, though. Not entirely sure why. It's almost indescribably good, but it's just never felt like a full five stars to me. Talking Heads 77 on the other hand is one of the firmest 5/5 albums I own. At the moment it's the only Talking Heads album I give the honour to, but both Remain in Light and More Songs About Buildings and Food have come close in the past.

Glitterati
10-26-2005, 05:11 PM
I'm quite a fan. Of course, I can't disagree with the saying that Remain In Light is their best, 'cause it so is. Speaking In Tongues is growing on me, too. My favorite song is Psycho Killer.

In conclusion, Talking Heads rawk.

Anxious
10-26-2005, 08:15 PM
Remain in Light is really darn good. I have their other albums, but i dont see the need to listen to them until I get tired of Remain in Light.

Bartender
10-28-2005, 04:21 AM
It'd be nice if they got more recognition outside of Alt/Indie, really.

insertusernamehere
11-02-2005, 05:24 PM
It'd be nice if they got more recognition outside of Alt/Indie, really.
Well I did a search for the official thread, and got nothing, so I made one in here. Should I have made it somewhere elese?

Bartender
11-02-2005, 05:26 PM
No, nothing like that. They get discussed a lot in Alt/Indie is all, and I was just saying it'd be nice if they got some recognition outside of there (as in, here, in R&M). Lamenting the lack of replies in this thread.