PDA

View Full Version : The Haunted

panthersfan16
10-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Talk about these guys. Who loves them? Who hates them? why? This has become one of my favorite bands. I haven't ever heard any music thats so brutal and melodic at the same time. Soilwork comes close, but I love this band. What do you guys think?

Deconstruction
10-22-2005, 05:45 PM
I like em but I have defenitely heard more brutal/melodic bands. Dark Tranquility is a perfect example.

Shadows
10-22-2005, 05:46 PM
These guys make me wish At the Gates were still together. :(

Bass_ment
10-22-2005, 05:50 PM
DOA is a kickin' song for sure.

GenuineImitation
10-22-2005, 05:58 PM
They are a pretty good band, but I like At the Gates and Soilwork better,

FlyingPaul_83
10-22-2005, 06:14 PM
they're incredible live.

If you havent seen my meshuggah tour with the haunted thread,then you should go see what I wrote about them. :D

http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=405411

Arrakakaka
10-22-2005, 06:25 PM
They're about as bland and generic as Trivium, yet slightly better. Sorry, but I'm not too fond of them. Some of the riffage is great.

Group Zebra
10-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Haven't heard them but I will be seeing them with Meshuggah, pehaps I should check them out.

Bartender
10-22-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm not too fond of them. They have a couple of really great songs (Hate Song, Bury Your Dead, etc) but overall I don't find them too interesting.

Incidentally, if anyone has Hate Song and could upload it for me, I'd appreciate it. Reading this thread has made me want to listen to it, only to discover I don't have it here.

Arrakakaka
10-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Sorry, Bartender. I deleted it.

panthersfan16
10-23-2005, 02:01 AM
I dont like the vox from Dark Tranquility, and yes SOilwork is awesome, but not quite as brutal as Haunted.

Is At The Gates Black Metal?

Huber
10-23-2005, 02:06 AM
I dont like the vox from Dark Tranquility, and yes SOilwork is awesome, but not quite as brutal as Haunted.

Nope. Melodic Death

Freezing Moon
10-23-2005, 02:08 AM
I can't stand this band.

The vocalist is terrible, in my opinion. They have some decent songs and have their moments, but they're too few and far apart to attract my attention.

:lol:

Not even close.

xizoesira
10-23-2005, 02:11 AM
They are a couple of fun tracks on The Haunted Made Me Do It, but the newer album (rEVOLVEr, is it?) is intensely mediocre.

panthersfan16
10-23-2005, 02:20 AM
you know what else is intensley mediocre? Secks with your mom

xizoesira
10-23-2005, 02:24 AM
So that's what happens when I post in one of your threads, eh?

I'll let your post stand for itself.

panthersfan16
10-23-2005, 02:27 AM
Aw, cmon its 1230 at nite, and im just pokin fun at you...oh well, Haunted are better than 90% of a lot of other bs I hear on Metal Asylum all the time

xizoesira
10-23-2005, 02:29 AM
Alright, whatever.

Check out All Shall Perish, you *might* like it.

panthersfan16
10-23-2005, 02:31 AM
is that a band or a song?

xizoesira
10-23-2005, 02:34 AM
Band.

http://www.purevolume.com/allshallperish

I really don't know if you'll like it, I just have a feeling you might, and I'm trying to throw shit out to be constructive.

panthersfan16
10-23-2005, 02:46 AM
Constructi what? haha thanks for the suggestion

Arucard
10-23-2005, 02:47 AM
Alright, whatever.

Check out All Shall Perish, you *might* like it.

Booh! Death Metal + stupid hxc breakdowns = :(

xizoesira
10-23-2005, 02:54 AM
Booh! Death Metal + stupid hxc breakdowns = :(

Oh, come now, they only do it once or twice.

tattered_kuma
10-27-2005, 06:19 AM
the haunted kick *** i just bought revolver like a couple of weeks ago and its awesome especially 99 and abysmal

rik
10-27-2005, 07:55 AM
They're ok, but a lot of their music bores me. At the Gates were a hell lot better.

Tele_Dude
10-27-2005, 08:00 AM
I like The Haunted, but I cant call myself a "fan"..
Favorite song is Demon Eyes.

StreetlightRock
10-27-2005, 08:07 AM
Quo Vadis is where its at, kids. Great mix of technicality and melodic death. The Haunted are OK, but they dont stand out.

i am the robots
10-27-2005, 08:20 AM
They were pretty good up until Marco left.

PIGS(1 different one)
10-27-2005, 09:08 AM
I bought "made me do it" blindly without ever hearing them... I heard a lot of people preaching about them...

Boy what a mistake that was. :thumb:

Quite possibly the most boring and monotonous album I have ever heard... anyone want to buy it off of me?

Matas
10-27-2005, 10:48 AM
Quo Vadis is where its at, kids.
You got it! Although their newest release isnt as good as Day Into Night.

The Haunted aren't anything special, and of course At the Gates were better.

Toaster
10-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Quo Vadis is where its at, kids. Great mix of technicality and melodic death. The Haunted are OK, but they dont stand out.

Argh I hate Quo Vadis. Their drummer is just about the biggest showoff in metal, and their singer sounds like he's being strangled.. plus, their guitarists' tendency to hold power chords for several measures while their drummer flaunts his hand speed is intensely dislikable.

Revolver is a really good album. I even like the singing, although I think The Haunted's old singer was far better. THMMDI is better. They're a good live act, too.

shamed-angel
10-27-2005, 02:36 PM
I saw them, but the crowd was full of emo kids as they were supporting F4aF. They were amazing, my favourite album is Made Me Do It.
I way prefer them to At The Gates.

Jesus4Hire
10-27-2005, 03:04 PM
the haunted were ****ing great when they released their self titled, made me do it was good, then one kill wonder was alright, and rEVOLVEr is just ****ing bad. As far as i'm concerned they've watered themselves down and just suck.

elbassio
10-27-2005, 03:05 PM
I saw them, but the crowd was full of emo kids as they were supporting F4aF. They were amazing, my favourite album is Made Me Do It.
I way prefer them to At The Gates.

I went to that tour. It was funny to see a lot of the cowd leave before the headliners came on!

For those of you that don't seem to know. Dolving WAS the Haunted's original singer on their first album "The Haunted", then Marco joined for the next two before leaving for family reasons, then Dolving's back on rEVOLVEr.
At The Gates were better IMO but the Haunted still rule!

Jesus4Hire
10-27-2005, 03:14 PM
I wish I could give you a good description of what i mean but like to me they just aren't the same anymore, it's too clean cut made me do it and the self titled had a level of muddyness to it which i loved, but one kill wonder and revolver are for the most part lacking that mud. They also in rEVOLVEr went much more with like chord based harmonies rather than what was practically dueling solos in the first albums, god i hope this makese sense to you. Don't get me wrong I still love The Haunted, the self-titled is actually in my top 5 albums of all time, but they just aren't the same anymore to me.

I gave revolver a quick listen and i take back the chord comment, but i do wanna add that most of Dolvings vocals in rEVOLVEr are just kinda cheesey, he'll never be as angry and pissed off as he used to be :(

KittensInMicrowaves
10-27-2005, 03:19 PM
The Haunted really weren't trying to sound melodic, especially on their older stuff

They're more thrash than melodeath, I doubt they want to be known at all for their melody

elbassio
10-27-2005, 03:19 PM
That's fair enough, each to their own

I still love them though, always will, they remain heavy as fuck, so melodic.

Here here. And they're playing aswell soon, so all fans in England look out for their tour.
(25th at Birmingham Academy...its gonna be good...)

KittensInMicrowaves
10-27-2005, 03:20 PM
What the hell....please explain yourself....

rEVOLVEr is awesome. They really did well that record, simply 2 guitar tracks, production wise as simple as it gets, but it's so crystal clear, and having the classic Haunted vocalist back (to me, the best) One Kill Wonder was great, really brutal record but not as good. The Haunted just own you, and you know it.

rEVOLVEr is by far their worst album, not even close

utter crap compared to their prior work

KittensInMicrowaves
10-27-2005, 03:23 PM
I don't view albums as "utter crap" That's my theory.

Its not an awful album, but its not nearly as good as their earlier stuff

elbassio
10-27-2005, 03:24 PM
rEVOLVEr is by far their worst album, not even close

utter crap compared to their prior work

Its not as good as their prior work, but their prior work was class, and rEVOLVEr is still damn good.

Swim, Ive seen Godforbid before aswell. The other bands God Dethroned apparently, but I've never heard of them. Anyway it's gonna be a dam' good night!

Jesus4Hire
10-27-2005, 03:28 PM
old haunted fans, vs. the new haunted fans... quite the conflict...
can't we just all agree at least that Peter Dolving is the second coming?

elbassio
10-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Yes.
Though I did like Aro. Im an all-round Haunted fan anyway, I like all of their albums.Just some more than others.

elbassio
10-28-2005, 06:54 AM
Worth checking out then?
I saw that on the Haunted's site, apparently their other support pulled out

shamed-angel
10-28-2005, 06:56 AM
The Haunted gig was the only time I've ever seen an emo kid held down and repeatedly punched in the face for calling someone a 'goth fag'...

elbassio
10-28-2005, 07:02 AM
The Haunted gig was the only time I've ever seen an emo kid held down and repeatedly punched in the face for calling someone a 'goth fag'...

hahaha, did not see that. I did notice everyone cowering off to the side when the Haunted pit started up though. Except for, obviously, the Haunted fans. That was the first time Id even heard of them, I had to go and buy their albums after that!

tattered_kuma
10-28-2005, 07:03 AM
woo i wouldve loved to see that, stupid emo:lol:

StreetlightRock
10-28-2005, 07:46 AM
Argh I hate Quo Vadis. Their drummer is just about the biggest showoff in metal...

I don't see whats wrong with using a bands assets. Anyway, like I said, the Haunted are OK, but I find them too generic, IMHO.

Jesus4Hire
10-28-2005, 08:23 AM
rEVOLVEr is starting to grow on me.... you guys ****ing suck why'd you make me take a second listen.... still not the self titled though

Huber
10-28-2005, 09:03 AM
The Haunted > Quo Vadis

I agree, but The Haunted are cool too.

Huber
10-28-2005, 09:05 AM
I was saying I prefer The Haunted.

Oh, damn alligator mouth.

Toaster
10-28-2005, 02:26 PM

That's awful.

I can't believe someone would actually do that, especially when the "emo kid" paid money to have fun, not get his ass kicked. I have seen The Haunted play though, and I thought they had a pretty positive attitude.. there were some beer bottles getting thrown, and the singer asked whoever threw the bottles to come onstage and fight. :thumb:

No one did, by the way, their singer's like 7 feet tall.

elbassio
10-28-2005, 03:49 PM
That's awful.

I can't believe someone would actually do that, especially when the "emo kid" paid money to have fun, not get his ass kicked. I have seen The Haunted play though, and I thought they had a pretty positive attitude.. there were some beer bottles getting thrown, and the singer asked whoever threw the bottles to come onstage and fight. :thumb:

No one did, by the way, their singer's like 7 feet tall.

It is awful, but why should the kid have insulted him in the first place?
I saw Lemmy do that at a motorhead concert. Again, no one took him up on the offer!!!

36Dritzlfists
10-29-2005, 02:22 AM
I just saw them with God Forbid, and The Haunted were great. Their guitarist is killer, he ruled. Peter Dolving? the singer was great also.

Epicurus
10-29-2005, 03:46 AM
At the gates > The haunted

The haunted are alright but the days of greatness from At the gates are looonngg gone.

panthersfan16
10-29-2005, 03:57 AM
Its hard to trust some of your guys opinions, because as far as music goes, I am very open minded, and I know R+M has a lot of Elitists who only like a select few genres/bands. I just primarily enjoy angry yet melodic music, so is the first album pretty angry and brutal?

elbassio
10-29-2005, 04:57 AM
Its hard to trust some of your guys opinions, because as far as music goes, I am very open minded, and I know R+M has a lot of Elitists who only like a select few genres/bands. I just primarily enjoy angry yet melodic music, so is the first album pretty angry and brutal?

Yeah, and Dolving goes on some angry rants that are just great, like in the middle of three times.
Its my favourite album of theres because it's brutal and melodic at the same time.

I love At The Gates, maybe even more than I love The Haunted, but I dunno, it's too hard to choose.

I only have With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness, and I love it. What other albums are good to get?